Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

Andre Wisdom Player Thread

Read 73921 times
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Re: Andre Wisdom Player Thread
      Reply #276: May 04, 2014 06:45:49 am
      Derby fan here,

I've seen a lot of wisdom year and would say he's a decent player, not much more than that at the minute and certainly shouldn't be troubling your first 11, so we can keep him?:)

But seriously he's a good championship player who would do better at cb but not worth more than a couple of million I would say

The best loan we have who is streets ahead of Andre is Geogre Thorne of west brom, he's a class above wisdom at the minute, which surprised me considering wisdoms reputation

Nice to hear from a supporter of another team, I'll let you have him, he does a decent enough job.
      I personally don't feel comfortable relying on him to do the main job at the back, he may become a tough defender sure.
      No more than 2 mil yeah, that sounds about right.
      right now Lfc need to be upgrading in key areas and wisdom wouldn't be an upgrade at the mo IMO; so, you're right.
      Are Derby coming back up this year? It'd be nice having you around again in the EPL :)
      fhands123
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 350 posts | 11 
      Reply #277: May 08, 2014 08:32:13 pm
      Just noticed big Andre playing in the playoff game tonight. Obviously Derby have had a great season but does anyone have much of an insight into how he's been playing and what the views of the derby fans are?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #278: May 08, 2014 08:37:08 pm
      Just noticed big Andre playing in the playoff game tonight. Obviously Derby have had a great season but does anyone have much of an insight into how he's been playing and what the views of the derby fans are?

One of my mates from when I was at Uni is a Derby season ticket holder, he seems to really like him and thinks he's contributed a great deal to where they have finished in the league. He said Wisdom's all round game has improved quite a lot: passing, composure, tackling, positioning etc. which has come about through his increased confidence as a result of playing regular football in a very competitive league.
      fhands123
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 350 posts | 11 
      Reply #279: May 08, 2014 08:48:28 pm
      I'd imagine next year will be too soon for him. Would be great to see him going out to a another prem team; worked wonders for the likes of wilshere, welbeck, sturridge in the past...although they are all more attaching players I don't see why it could have a similar effect on him.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #280: May 08, 2014 10:20:49 pm
      I'd imagine next year will be too soon for him. Would be great to see him going out to a another prem team; worked wonders for the likes of wilshere, welbeck, sturridge in the past...although they are all more attaching players I don't see why it could have a similar effect on him.

Nah bring him back.  He had a fair few games with us last season, he's added to that experience playing every week at Derby helping them go from near the bottom of the league to the promotion play-offs. 

He might not feature every week for us but at least we'll know he's ready and able when needed.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #281: May 09, 2014 02:45:56 pm
      Nah bring him back.  He had a fair few games with us last season, he's added to that experience playing every week at Derby helping them go from near the bottom of the league to the promotion play-offs. 

He might not feature every week for us but at least we'll know he's ready and able when needed.

I agree with this. Andre looked pretty good at times. Once his confidence dipped, though, he started having some poor outings. Love everything the kid's got in terms of raw ability.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #282: May 09, 2014 03:02:03 pm
      I agree with this. Andre looked pretty good at times. Once his confidence dipped, though, he started having some poor outings. Love everything the kid's got in terms of raw ability.

That's just the inconsistency of young players though mate, sometimes you have to look past that, take them out of the limelight and let them go again.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #283: May 09, 2014 03:06:37 pm
      That's just the inconsistency of young players though mate, sometimes you have to look past that, take them out of the limelight and let them go again.

Exactly. We saw it a bit with Sterling last season when he hit a bad patch. But obviously, Raheem has been outstanding this year.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,393 posts | 2823 
      Reply #284: May 09, 2014 03:07:06 pm
      Impressed me last night. Really solid defensively and played a really clever ball to start the counter attack for Derby's equaliser.

Would like them to go up and loan Andre again so he gets a season of top flight experience under his belt.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #285: May 09, 2014 03:16:01 pm
      Exactly. We saw it a bit with Sterling last season when he hit a bad patch. But obviously, Raheem has been outstanding this year.

Same with virtually all young players mate.  Even Stevie said it was a shock suddenly having to play against much more experienced players with all the tricks of years in the pro game.  Some wither away, some need time away and others keep working hard to become better.

See Hendo, Flanno and your example Raheem.  All different in how they arrived where they are but they've all made it work, with some help from the Coach of course  ;)
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #286: May 09, 2014 03:28:28 pm
      Impressed me last night. Really solid defensively and played a really clever ball to start the counter attack for Derby's equaliser.

Would like them to go up and loan Andre again so he gets a season of top flight experience under his belt.

I get what you're saying about loaning him again but I think that might be the wrong way to help him.  He's proven he can manage a full season, under pressure and fighting for promotion but he doesn't need to prove he's playing for a poor team, under pressure and fighting against relegation.

We need match ready players in the squad next season, players who can come in and do the job when needed, Andre can do that for us.  He'll be surrounded by better players than he would at Derby and he'll be facing more attacking threats than he would with us. 

For his development to continue he needs to step up to our level, not struggle at the lower end.

That's how I see it with all our loanees, with a few exceptions.
      yacster
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 524 posts |
      Reply #287: May 24, 2014 03:12:54 pm
      Cheering for Andre and will Hughes today
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 811 posts | 113 
      Reply #288: May 24, 2014 04:36:34 pm
      Very uninspiring performance by Wisdom so far. If he can't make a single forward pass against QPR, I wonder how he would fit into our team next year playing against likes of Dortmund.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #289: May 24, 2014 05:00:39 pm
      Very uninspiring performance by Wisdom so far. If he can't make a single forward pass against QPR, I wonder how he would fit into our team next year playing against likes of Dortmund.

F**k me mate he's not Dani Alves, he has also fitted nicely into our team last season.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,281 posts | 2835 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #290: Jul 13, 2014 11:10:19 am
      Looks like hes going on loan to West Brom. Great move for him

Sadly I think it means he wont be part of our club again. Just cant see him coming back from a second loan spell and getting into our 1st team

Good luck Andre
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #291: Jul 13, 2014 11:39:07 am

Sadly I think it means he wont be part of our club again. Just cant see him coming back from a second loan spell and getting into our 1st team

Good luck Andre

I'm not so sure, think he might make a player Andre. I've always rated him well ahead of Kelly etc.
      jtrollip
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 192 posts |
      Reply #292: Jul 13, 2014 11:42:49 am
      I think a loan deal is good for all parties.

Defenders generally take a bit longer to reach their peak. So for me, he's still got another 2 seasons to prove himself before we can really see what he could potentially become.

A season loan in the Premiership will be a great acid test of how good he is.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,023 posts | 3352 
      Reply #293: Jul 13, 2014 12:23:39 pm
      It's a tricky one this.

While I'm happy with him to being make a step up from the Championship and it gives us a look at how he gets on in the Prem, it's gonna be hard for him for playing in a team that will probably struggle. Therefore Norm could look bad just because of the team he's in.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #294: Jul 13, 2014 12:36:07 pm
      Disappointed he's being sent out on loan, I really think he can cement that right back spot and make it his own :(
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #295: Jul 13, 2014 12:38:08 pm
      It's a tricky one this.

While I'm happy with him to being make a step up from the Championship and it gives us a look at how he gets on in the Prem, it's gonna be hard for him for playing in a team that will probably struggle. Therefore Norm could look bad just because of the team he's in.

Hear what you're saying Billy but likewise great players always look good, even in a bad side  ;)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,263 posts | 4934 
      Reply #296: Jul 13, 2014 02:24:29 pm

Good luck Andre

I agree Bri.

I always think that when players constantly get loaned out they are destined never to return to us.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #297: Jul 13, 2014 02:36:00 pm

Good luck Andre

I agree Bri.

I always think that when players constantly get loaned out they are destined never to return to us.

Our loans policy has changed though guys so under previous management I'd agree with you both but not now.

I think it's a great opportunity for him to continue learning, if he develops enough and becomes one of the best young defenders in the league, he'll get his chance with us.
      NZRed
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #298: Jul 14, 2014 04:38:42 am
      I liked what I saw of him a couple of years back when he first broke through, but he just hasn't kicked on unfortunately in the same way that Flanagan did when he got his chance. I felt that this season either him or Kelly would have to step up a bit if they were to be regarded as genuine first team squad options. Maybe this signals that Kelly will be getting first chance when rotation/ injuries permit.

Best of luck at WBA.

Quick Reply