Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Andre Wisdom Player Thread

Read 73501 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,143 posts | 4896 
      Re: Andre Wisdom Player Thread
      Reply #368: Jul 28, 2015 02:03:05 pm
      http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-news-transfer-rumours-9737497

Looks likes he's off on loan again.

Can't see him making a career with us after this.
      « Last Edit: Jul 28, 2015 02:21:43 pm by reddebs »
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #369: Jul 28, 2015 02:10:38 pm

That link's not working for me Si and I can't find the article to amend it.

Got it.

Andre Wisdom joins Norwich City on loan

Andre Wisdom is expected to join Norwich City on loan for the 2015/16 season.

The young defender spent 2014/15 at West Bromwich Albion and, after signing a new deal this summer, he's exepcted to head out to gain more experience.

Liverpool will receive a loan fee of £1.25m.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-news-transfer-rumours-9737497
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #370: Jul 28, 2015 02:42:18 pm

Got it.

The young defender spent 2014/15 at West Bromwich Albion and, after signing a new deal this summer, he's exepcted to head out to gain more experience.

Maybe this opens the door for Ilori to get some minutes?

Can't see him making a career with us after this.

Have to agree with this. Unless Andre really develops the next year, I'm not sure I see it either.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #371: Jul 28, 2015 02:48:07 pm
      Maybe this opens the door for Ilori to get some minutes?

Have to agree with this. Unless Andre really develops the next year, I'm not sure I see it either.

It could but if we want the lad to become a CB rather than a makeshift fullback then it could be a good development move for him.  He's never going to get gametime at CB for us so if he can get it somewhere else then that's great. 

Got to remember we've just extended his contact so if he proves himself at CB elsewhere and we do decide to sell him at least we'll get decent fee.  He's still very young and inexperienced for a starting CB.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,497 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #372: Jul 28, 2015 03:15:54 pm
      Good luck to him, he is well down pecking order, so loan move best all round.

Defo thinking this means llori stays instead of loan.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #373: Jul 28, 2015 03:28:59 pm
      Great move means Ilori will get a chance to prove himself and push clyne even force his way in as CB if he gets a chance in league cup
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,189 posts | 6346 
      Reply #374: Jul 28, 2015 03:30:27 pm
      Great move means Ilori will get a chance to prove himself and push clyne even force his way in as CB if he gets a chance in league cup

Why would Ilori push Clyne?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #375: Jul 28, 2015 03:34:43 pm
      I actually see Wisdom as a RB, so with him leaving, we have Gomez & Clyne as RB with Flanno as 3rd when he returns.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #376: Jul 28, 2015 04:39:16 pm
      Makes you wonder if there is a role for him at the club? as he seems way down the pecking order.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,071 posts | 2746 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #377: Jul 28, 2015 05:40:08 pm
      That's the end of his Liverpool career now. 22 and shipped out again. Not sure he's good enough but not even getting a chance at this stage looks like the writing on the wall
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #378: Jul 28, 2015 05:51:19 pm

Got it.

We're Seriously letting him go out on.loan again? Terrible decision imo, it's not like we're overloaded in that position!  I assume Illori isn't going anywhere then, otherwise I might have to take back my lukewarm praise of FSG for the window so far!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,189 posts | 6346 
      Reply #379: Jul 28, 2015 06:05:57 pm
      Was anyone thinking Wisdom was going to play a big part in the season? Feel like his natural position is CB and he just wasn't going to get much game time with the CB's we currently have.

I'm actually looking at this as a positive. They've obvously seen something in him, they signed him to a new deal and they want to ensure he's getting first team football in the premier league at his preferred position? Sounds like they are being patient with him, trying to develop him.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #380: Jul 28, 2015 06:22:17 pm
      Was anyone thinking Wisdom was going to play a big part in the season? Feel like his natural position is CB and he just wasn't going to get much game time with the CB's we currently have.

I'm actually looking at this as a positive. They've obvously seen something in him, they signed him to a new deal and they want to ensure he's getting first team football in the premier league at his preferred position? Sounds like they are being patient with him, trying to develop him.

It should be seen as a positive mate, as you say he's not going to get enough gametime with us this season especially not at CB but when people say he's not been given a chance, well these loans are his chance.  He wants to be a pro footballer, he probably wants to be one at Liverpool but if that's not going to happen at least he'll have the chance of a decent Club coming in for him when the time comes.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #381: Jul 28, 2015 06:47:18 pm
      With the pressure that Norwich are under to stay up this season I doubt Wisdom will be seeing much time at CB at Norwich. He'll no doubt be played at right back.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #382: Jul 28, 2015 06:57:55 pm
      With the pressure that Norwich are under to stay up this season I doubt Wisdom will be seeing much time at CB at Norwich. He'll no doubt be played at right back.

You maybe right mate as I've no idea who their defenders are or how they play.  I don't even know who their Manager is but he'll get more gametime there than with us and that can only be good for his development.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,382 posts | 3390 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #383: Jul 28, 2015 07:10:01 pm
      Emre can should be worried
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #384: Jul 28, 2015 07:13:53 pm
      Well if Lovren doesn't get his sh*t together, which is possible, and if Skrtel or Sakho get banned or injured, where do we turn? Can? That's the wrong position for him. Kolo makes me nervous, Illori I would like to see given a chance, but he's  unproven in England.

I think Wisdom could have been given the early rounds of the Europa and League cup to prove himself, he will do us no good at Norwich.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,512 posts | 712 
      Reply #385: Jul 28, 2015 08:38:53 pm
      It seems as though 'coming through the ranks' at a big club as a CB is very rare these days.

I can't think of many in recent memory other than JT, maybe I'm wrong.

I think wisdom is a very good player, but young players have to be given a chance. CB is a more risky position to 'give someone a chance' at a 'big club'

Sterling was on the verge of being sent out on loan but was given a chance. I remember Gerrard talking about how he was when he first came into the first team and there was a season where he wondered if he could really make it at that level. I feel like some players just need to get a solid run and a vote of confidence.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #386: Jul 29, 2015 12:13:36 am
      Can't quite work out why we gave him a new contract. If he was to have any sort of future with us then surely he would have been kept this summer instead of being shipped out on loan again.
      harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #387: Jul 29, 2015 01:44:48 am
      Can't quite work out why we gave him a new contract. If he was to have any sort of future with us then surely he would have been kept this summer instead of being shipped out on loan again.

Tie him down long term, let others pay his wages, hope he improves, then sell for a decent sum of cash 😜
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #388: Jul 29, 2015 09:04:24 am
      he's young but then so is Gomez,Moreno, clyne so if he was good enough for first team football at liverpool he wouldnt go out on loan i can see this lad being moved on next summer unless he is that good for Norwich we have no option but to keep him. i would like to see him as CB for Norwich to see how he does as i think he's not good enought to be a top 4 RB. I dont mean that in a bad way but in todays game a modern RB is basically good at getting forward dribbling and attacking but also able to defend (Clyne) and Wisdom for me is similar to Flano both great at defending and getting a tackle in but not so great down the flanks and to make it in a top 4 team they require you to be able to do both. We at liverpool have lacked in this area for some time now and usually have players who can only do one of the two. loaning him out tells me BR wants to see if he can do both week in week out before committing to giving him a full time starting place. overall i think he will be moved on after this loan.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,497 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #389: Jul 29, 2015 09:33:47 am
      Wisdom just signed a new 4 year deal, don't think we are planning on moving him on, just getting him out for more game time. can always be recalled if needed.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,472 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #390: Jul 29, 2015 07:54:23 pm
      Wisdom heads to Norwich on loan
      29th Jul 2015 - Latest News
      Author: David Lynch

Liverpool FC can confirm that defender Andre Wisdom has completed a season-long loan switch to fellow Barclays Premier League outfit Norwich City.

The 22-year-old, who recently signed a new long-term Reds deal, will continue his development in the English top flight as he spends the 2015-16 campaign at Carrow Road.

During a similar temporary spell with West Bromwich Albion last season, the versatile England youth international clocked up 24 Premier League appearances.

Wisdom had also gained vital experience on loan at Derby County in the previous campaign, playing 37 games in the Championship for the Rams.

He will now look to help Alex Neil's Canaries enjoy a successful return to the Premier League following their promotion.

Offal

Quick Reply