Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Dreams

Read 54153 times
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Re: Dreams
      Reply #46: Feb 22, 2008 10:59:52 am
      dreamt once me and my mates were having a house party and i was passed out but then stevie g and carra crashed the party. we all got more pissed and then carra was like "come back to mine, ive got more drink there" in his scouse accent and i was like "crap i cant,im skint dont have enough money for the taxi from ireland to liverpool" then the two of them just left! you'd think with they're wages they would've paid for the taxi, especially considering they drank all our booze!!
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #47: Feb 22, 2008 12:15:15 pm
      Here's a dream I had last night, even if it is a bit sad!

I dreamt that I was a kid, and that I was collecting tokens on the back of a box of Frosties, and once I had enough I could send off and they would send me a Liverpool shirt, I only had to pay postage. Nice! Unfortunately, when I received my shirt it was an Arsenal one instead, and they wouldn't change it!  >:(

This is actually similar to something that really happened to me when I was young, except it was for a football not a shirt! I can tell you that when I opened that package only to see the Arsenal logo instead of the Liverbird, I was gutted!!!!!!! (That ball got quickly kicked to pieces by me and a mate on a gravel pitch near to where I lived  >:D).
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #48: Feb 25, 2008 12:42:15 am
      I can't recall any dreams the last few nights. Does that mean you've slept and not woke up once? Because I remember hearing that you only remember dreams when you wake up through the night, but you don't remember waking up...if that makes sense.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #49: Feb 25, 2008 05:34:26 pm
      You been drinking that cheap Stella from B&M again Kenny ??  :lmao:
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #50: Feb 25, 2008 05:42:07 pm
      Nah, that's the blag stuff that Smiggs.  ;) Although I can see your point.  :D
      Olliver
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 778 posts | 11 
      Reply #51: Feb 25, 2008 06:55:51 pm
      I can't recall any dreams the last few nights. Does that mean you've slept and not woke up once? Because I remember hearing that you only remember dreams when you wake up through the night, but you don't remember waking up...if that makes sense.

It's possible to remember every dreams. but the last dreams before you wake up are more remarkable. But it's ennoying when clock alarm breaks many good dreams in the middle and I am not able to see the end! Once I remember I saw in dreams I was leaving train and was ready to take my bags. That special momment I heard  my mobile phone ringing. And being in my dreams I thought it's mum calls me like every time when she is worried how I get to the place. But it was my alarm clock. So it wasn't more dream it was real sound! I often dreams which seem to me be more reality than a dream. So I can't understand when finish dream and start reality.
      It's very special moment.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #52: Feb 25, 2008 10:14:45 pm
      I haven't remembered my dreams for ages! Doesn't it piss anyone else off when you wake up when your having a well good dream?!

And sometimes i wake up and think that the dream was actually real and you start talking about it as if it was a real thing to you mates and family like 'O yeah remember yesterday when we etc' and you end up sounding like a retard, quite funny though as well!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #53: Feb 26, 2008 12:02:38 am
      Yeah, it's out of order when you wake up or even worse, get woken up in the middle of a good dream.

Imagine if (this might be one for the geeks of the forum) you could record your dreams some how and watch them the next day? Surely some scientist is thinking of that concept right now? Or are dreams best left where they belong? In your head?
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #54: Feb 26, 2008 12:08:20 am
      If I'm having a good dream and suddenly wake up.  I can normally go back to sleep and pick up where I left off :D

I would love to have my dreams recorded.  And be watched by no one other than myself.  ;)
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #55: Feb 26, 2008 12:21:10 am
      If I'm having a good dream and suddenly wake up.  I can normally go back to sleep and pick up where I left off :D

I would love to have my dreams recorded.  And be watched by no one other than myself.  ;)

One reaction can only relate to that post Court. Lazy dirty minded student!  ;) Lucky man!  :D
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #56: Feb 26, 2008 12:28:55 am
      One reaction can only relate to that post Court. Lazy dirty minded student!  ;) Lucky man!  :D

::)

It's weird though.  I wake up, remember it.  Then a part of my dream goes missing and I remember it randomly throughout the day.

I'm off to dream now.  Ciao!  :D
      MsGerrard
      Reply #57: Feb 26, 2008 11:19:59 am

Just what I was thinking Kenny.............gettin g a bit worried about what your dreaming Court ???  :lmao:
      Olliver
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 778 posts | 11 
      Reply #58: Feb 27, 2008 07:35:18 pm
       Have any one had any dream repeatedly?

I often see in my dreams water and a baby (every time it's a different baby), but always nice and very lovely.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #59: Apr 17, 2008 02:12:36 am
      Wonder what everyone else who usually posts on this forum is dreaming of right now? It's 2 in the morning so I expect some of them to be having sweet dreams, and some not so sweet. :)
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: The Topic With No Real Subject
      Reply #60: Jul 07, 2008 12:32:13 pm
      I'm posting this here.

I had a dream Robinho joined Arsenal last night (dont ask why) just incase this does occur i have proof that i really am physic (how the hell do you spell that word, i think i got it right ::))
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Re: The Topic With No Real Subject
      Reply #61: Jul 07, 2008 03:55:59 pm
      I'm posting this here.

I had a dream Robinho joined Arsenal last night (dont ask why) just incase this does occur I have proof that I really am physic (how the hell do you spell that word, I think I got it right ::))

I dream't I was at Sunderland on the first day of the season and we won 4-1 a couple of nights back. Trip down to the bookies before the 16th August I reckon :D
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #62: Jul 07, 2008 04:46:36 pm
      I put your two posts in here Mag and Robbo, because this is an ace thread (and will be easier to trace the proof if your dreams come true)  ;)

I had an absolute bizarre dream last night. I was on a tropical island with big massive mountains. For some reason I thought it would be fun to hand glide off the top of them. Obviously I've never done hand gliding before and never had the desire to. But I was a legend at it!! Flew all over the island.

And on another note (I might have asked this before actually), you know when you dream and there is people in your dream you have never met before? Is it your mind making up a load of different people with personalities, or have you actually met these people and you can't remember? Or have you met them in another life?  :o

Surely you couldn't have met all the different people that have been in your dreams over the years?
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #63: Jul 07, 2008 06:37:12 pm
      And on another note (I might have asked this before actually), you know when you dream and there is people in your dream you have never met before? Is it your mind making up a load of different people with personalities, or have you actually met these people and you can't remember? Or have you met them in another life?  :o

Surely you couldn't have met all the different people that have been in your dreams over the years?

That's a deep question RedKenny, I reckon it's people that you've met, crossed in the street, seen on TV, even extras in the background of soap operas! :D The brain is amazing, and even though you don't conciously realise it, it remembers all this and stores it. Then again maybe it makes some stuff up too, who knows!  ::)

I sometimes dream that I'm talking to someone I know, but they're in someone else's body. Like I'd be talking to a specific friend, and know exactly who he is, but he'd look like somebody else and I'd be aware of it, even if it wouldn't bother me at the time. Does that happen to anyone else?
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #64: Jul 08, 2008 12:32:10 am
      That's a deep question RedKenny, I reckon it's people that you've met, crossed in the street, seen on TV, even extras in the background of soap operas! :D The brain is amazing, and even though you don't conciously realise it, it remembers all this and stores it. Then again maybe it makes some stuff up too, who knows!  ::)

I sometimes dream that I'm talking to someone I know, but they're in someone else's body. Like I'd be talking to a specific friend, and know exactly who he is, but he'd look like somebody else and I'd be aware of it, even if it wouldn't bother me at the time. Does that happen to anyone else?

That's the sort of reply I was hoping for.

First of all, lets get one thing straight. I don't do soaps. The only soap I used to watch was Brookside - and I haven't seen Jimmy Corkhill or Harry Cross etc anywhere in my dreams.  ;)
      But you're probably right what you're saying mate. The brain does take in masses of information without you realising. But where do all the personalities come from if that's the case? The first time this got me wondering was years ago when I had a dream that I was at some massive festival in the countryside. There was lots of conversations with different people that I seemed to know really well - but I didn't know them? And it seemed like there were thousands of people there. I hadn't been to a festival of this sort ever in my life before this dream.

Too deep?

As for dreaming about someone you know but it being someone else, I've had that too. Or it will actually be someone you know but then their appearance changes?

ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #65: Jul 08, 2008 07:04:45 am
      As for dreaming about someone you know but it being someone else, I've had that too. Or it will actually be someone you know but then their appearance changes?

It can be both to be honest, it's always struck me as a bit odd, I can remember dreaming like that since I was really young and it used to bother me a bit!  :D

I remember when I was a teenager I woke up once and couldn't move, it was like I was paralysed, I couldn't even move my eyes or call out for help. I don't know how long it lasted but it must have just been a couple of minutes, even if it felt a lot longer. I saw a TV programme once that I think explained it, that the body puts itself in a kind of auto-paralysis during dreaming sleep so that you don't just get up and run around and literally act out your dreams. Occassionally we can wake up "too early" (though it's quite rare) and are concious whilst the body comes out of this state. Very freaky experience!

On another subject, do you ever dream anything totally boring? I dreamt I was cutting my toe-nails the other day, I woke up and thought "what a waste of time!".  :D

And do you remember dreams from when you were really little? I still remember quite a few from when I was maybe as young as 6!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #66: Jul 08, 2008 08:58:07 am
      I never really dream............I feel like I'm missing out  :(

I used to dream a lot when I was little though, but they were more nightmares than dreams.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #67: Jul 08, 2008 03:55:56 pm
      I used to have nightmares but since finding this sight and it's user's I feel I'm in dreamland ! ;D
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #68: Jul 08, 2008 04:17:03 pm
      It can be both to be honest, it's always struck me as a bit odd, I can remember dreaming like that since I was really young and it used to bother me a bit!  :D

I remember when I was a teenager I woke up once and couldn't move, it was like I was paralysed, I couldn't even move my eyes or call out for help. I don't know how long it lasted but it must have just been a couple of minutes, even if it felt a lot longer. I saw a TV programme once that I think explained it, that the body puts itself in a kind of auto-paralysis during dreaming sleep so that you don't just get up and run around and literally act out your dreams. Occassionally we can wake up "too early" (though it's quite rare) and are concious whilst the body comes out of this state. Very freaky experience!

On another subject, do you ever dream anything totally boring? I dreamt I was cutting my toe-nails the other day, I woke up and thought "what a waste of time!".  :D

And do you remember dreams from when you were really little? I still remember quite a few from when I was maybe as young as 6!

Sleep Paralysis!! I used to get that loads when I was in my mid teens. Still get it every now and again these days as well.
      There was a period where I'd be getting SP practically every night for about two weeks and I used to dread going asleep. So I went the doctors about it. He said if it carried on for another two weeks, I would be sent to one of those sleep clinics where they stick those pads all over your head, watch you sleep and observe your brian patterns. But it calmed down not so long afterwards and I didn't fancy the idea of that sleep clinic.
      It's a horrible experience. You literally can't move anything and it feels like you can hardly breathe, but your senses are all awake. All you can do is wait for it to pass. I believe some people hallucinate when it happens, but I can't say I ever have.

Have a look at this link Ayrton. http://www.guardian.co.uk/theobserver/2001/nov/18/life1.lifemagazine7

And yeah, I can remember a few dreams I had when I was very young. Quite bizarre.

Quick Reply