Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Reina
      (0%)
      Skrtel
      (5.3%)
      Johnson
      (3.5%)
      Spearing
      (7.9%)
      Cole
      (5.3%)
      Kuyt
      (3.5%)
      Carroll
      (63.2%)
      Meireles
      (8.8%)
      Carragher
      (2.6%)

Braga 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Annoyance

Read 41332 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,254 posts | 2820 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Braga 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Annoyance
      Reply #345: Mar 10, 2011 08:07:33 pm
      Was it Poulsen going off or Carroll coming on that changed us because up to that point we were simply not good enough. We offerred nothing. On the hour mark we looked like the light went on in the brain and we looked a lot better.

If we think ah well be fine next week and come out with anything like the performance in the first hour were in trouble

Big concern from me is lose at West ham playing sh*te follow that by destroying man u playing good football and then follow that with tonight. Our lads just cant seem to give consistent performances required to be a serious team

Anyway Kenny has a week to plan for the return leg with no game this weekend
      Dynami:t
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 701 posts | 31 
      Reply #346: Mar 10, 2011 08:09:45 pm
      Fu*k it, i thought that game is starting right now but its already over  :f_steam:
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,254 posts | 2820 
      Reply #347: Mar 10, 2011 08:10:21 pm
      Anybody else of the opinion it might well have been a case of a Manc Hangover ?

Well if it was its not good enough. That result should send them boys out buzzing for the next game. Thats a major problem if were going to suffer after a good win because that means ye wont win league titles
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #348: Mar 10, 2011 08:11:37 pm
      Nothing positive except Carroll here, he won every single header and is MOTM with 30 minutes he played. The rest very poor, shows really what a squad we have at the moment to be honest. We need a complete rebuilding process of the squad this summer. Only 6-7 players deserve to be here and play and they were most out of the starting 11 tonight.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #349: Mar 10, 2011 08:12:34 pm
      I didn't watch the match but I have to say I wasn't exactly convinved with the first eleven.

Steven Gerrard and Daniel Agger out injured and Luis Suarez ineligible has shown that our squad is really weak. We definitely need a few players who can step up when the big ones are out in the summer.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #350: Mar 10, 2011 08:15:29 pm
      We were absolutely shocking, our midfield was a joke, no drive whatsoever, easy to see why we have been so poor away from home.

What the F**k was Spearing doing right midfield.  Poulsen, Spearing and Meireles were desperate tonight.

frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #351: Mar 10, 2011 08:17:53 pm
      Well if it was its not good enough. That result should send them boys out buzzing for the next game. Thats a major problem if were going to suffer after a good win because that means ye wont win league titles
      In Fairness Brian the two people everybody talks about, Gerrard and Saurez were both missing tonight and before anyone says its, I know 1 or 2 players don't make a game but both of them were instrumental in defeating the Mancs.
      Can't see us NOT scoring next week I just think it's a case of preventing them from scoring, simple on paper but Practise is a different thing all together !
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #352: Mar 10, 2011 08:17:58 pm
      spearing is not a wide midfielder.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #353: Mar 10, 2011 08:19:15 pm
      Dire first half performance from us. Spearing is not a wide midfield player , Cole is not a left midfield player and Poulsen is not a football player.

I thought once Spearing moved into the centre and Carroll came on we improved but with no pace whatsoever up front we still lacked any sort of cutting edge.

Carroll looks like he can do a great job for us...... but only if given the right service. We need good crosses into the box not just high balls thrown up to him.

1-0 Is not too bad considering how poorly we played, so we should win the return leg comfortably, whether we have enough to win the trophy looks doubtful at the moment though.   
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #354: Mar 10, 2011 08:19:55 pm
      How the F**k are Cole and Meireles up for the MOTM vote when Lucas isn't. Not that Lucas was particularly good, but Cole and Meireles were F***ing embarassments.

Carroll is incredible, and he will be with Suarez.
      Burdogcallingbat21
      • Banned

• 692 posts | 38 
      Reply #355: Mar 10, 2011 08:21:18 pm
      Yet despite all the negativity we got beat 1-0 to a team that beat Arsenal and Celtic. Thats a decent away result considering the side we had out.

braga sold 4 of their best players in January mate. We were terrible in the first half.  Kenny knows the score.. he knows who's not upto standard. i reckon we'll sign a half a dozen players in the summer
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,254 posts | 2820 
      Reply #356: Mar 10, 2011 08:22:07 pm
      Says it all that a player who came on for half an hour after less then 10 minutes previous playing time with us is running away with the man of the match vote
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #357: Mar 10, 2011 08:22:24 pm
      Jaysus i didn't think Lucas was great tonight but if Spearing and Raul are there surely so should he
      LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Reply #358: Mar 10, 2011 08:25:13 pm
      No creativity whatsoever and the only time we looked like scoring was when Carroll came on(who was really good)

Johnson and Lucas were at best decent but as for Meireles, Kuyt and Cole they were useless

Poulsen was just plain sh*te as usual and Spearing disappeared in the 2nd half

Carragher for some reason kept hoofing it forward in the 1st half and Skrtel was good in defence I thought

As for Kyrgiakos he was OK but the foul in the box was just plain stupid and he seemed to concede far too many fouls
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #359: Mar 10, 2011 08:25:18 pm
      We are F***ing awful away from home
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #360: Mar 10, 2011 08:27:26 pm
      no wonder we lost, Woy was in the stands :roll:

Burdogcallingbat21
      • Banned

• 692 posts | 38 
      Reply #361: Mar 10, 2011 08:27:38 pm
      No creativity whatsoever and the only time we looked like scoring was when Carroll came on(who was really good)

Johnson and Lucas were at best decent but as for Meireles, Kuyt and Cole they were useless

Poulsen was just plain sh*te as usual and Spearing disappeared in the 2nd half

Carragher for some reason kept hoofing it forward in the 1st half and Skrtel was good in defence I thought

As for Kyrgiakos he was OK but the foul in the box was just plain stupid and he seemed to concede far too many fouls

carragher hoofs it continually with Carroll in the team he'll be more inclined to do it. He shouldn't be 1st choice next season
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #362: Mar 10, 2011 08:28:17 pm
      Yet despite all the negativity we got beat 1-0 to a team that beat Arsenal and Celtic. Thats a decent away result considering the side we had out.
      And beating a sh*te team like Celtic says what exactly? They got kicked out of the EL by losing 4-0 against Utrecht, a dutch midtable team.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #363: Mar 10, 2011 08:37:37 pm

carragher hoofs it continually with Carroll in the team he'll be more inclined to do it. He shouldn't be 1st choice next season

Well I do agree Carragher likes a good hoof but we were using plan b, hoof the ball to Carroll and hopefully get a few good knock downs. Our plan A should be pass and move and plan B should be hoof to Carroll and hope to get knock downs.

This game does show how weak our squad is and how we are crying out for a proper winger.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #364: Mar 10, 2011 08:40:35 pm
      I thought Braga looked frightened to death and probably can't believe their luck that we were so poor. If you had offered them a 1-0 win at half time they would have taken it...... even after our dire first half performance.

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #365: Mar 10, 2011 08:42:52 pm
      Braga are 31 points behind Porto. No way whould they be qualifying at our expense.

The biggest worry today was the lack of pace in the starting XI.

We missed Suarez so much!
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #366: Mar 10, 2011 08:44:30 pm
      we"re back down to earth again.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #367: Mar 10, 2011 08:47:22 pm
      I'm at a loss to think what Kenny was at playing Spearing right midfield tonight, wouldn't have even expected that out of Hodgson, surely to F***ing god if he wanted to try a young player there he could have given Pacheco a run out

Quick Reply