Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Reina
      (0%)
      Skrtel
      (5.3%)
      Johnson
      (3.5%)
      Spearing
      (7.9%)
      Cole
      (5.3%)
      Kuyt
      (3.5%)
      Carroll
      (63.2%)
      Meireles
      (8.8%)
      Carragher
      (2.6%)

Braga 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Annoyance

Read 40990 times
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Re: Braga 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Annoyance
      Reply #460: Mar 10, 2011 11:08:21 pm
      I'm just offering people a chance to view these stats, I don't think too much should be taken from stats though.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #461: Mar 10, 2011 11:09:39 pm
      all these statistics mean nothing reds,the only thing we need to know is we"re to slow to the ball ,we"re been outpaced in the midfield .

Exactly, trust your eyes, like I said Lucas was as culpible as giving the ball away cheapily as anyone in teh first half and all these stats are doing is proving me right. :D
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #462: Mar 10, 2011 11:10:59 pm
      Truth be told we need two wingers, A left back and a central midfielder.
      Agreed, but a midfielder should not be the priority. Gerrard and meierles is going to be in the midfield from now on since the AM position belongs to Suarez. Lucas is a good back up for both of them.
      Our biggest fault in todays game was that our defensive duo just kicked the ball upward blindly. we need agger back asap cuz every attack starts from the backline.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #463: Mar 10, 2011 11:14:07 pm
      all these statistics mean nothing reds,the only thing we need to know is we"re to slow to the ball ,we"re been outpaced in the midfield .

Well said.

Anyone watching tonight's game could see that our midfield was very poor. Don't need stats to try and prove otherwise.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #464: Mar 10, 2011 11:15:05 pm
      Can we F**k off with Lucas pass completion rates? Jesus Christ, every F***ing game all you hear is about how he's got 90% passing or whatever the F**k it is.

Really couldn't give a bollocks.

Caught the game from about the 65min onwards, going with the general consensus really that Carrol was winning everything in the air and from what little I caught he looked our best player. What I did find disapointing though is that we just hit long balls up to him, rather than try get crosses into him, which would of been much better for him and us.

He kept knocking it down, but we were rarely winning the second ball, so cross it in to his head, and he's got an opportunity to get a goal there.

Other than that, thought we were incredibly wasteful, especially Joe Cole. There was a chance coming towards the end of the game, where Cole picked up the ball and for a few seconds there was alot of room in the box. Rather than crossing with his left from deep to Carrol who was calling for it, he turned and passed to Spearing and put him under pressure and we lost the ball because of it.

Poor decision making really.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #465: Mar 10, 2011 11:15:10 pm
      Agreed, but a midfielder should not be the priority. Gerrard and meierles is going to be in the midfield from now on since the AM position belongs to Suarez. Lucas is a good back up for both of them.
      Our biggest fault in todays game was that our defensive duo just kicked the ball upward blindly. we need agger back asap cuz every attack starts from the backline.

We need a playmaker mate, some one in the mould of Xabi, Gerrard has only got 2 or 3 years left at the top of his game, the 4 positions I've stated will seriously improve our starting XI and I think Kenny some what agrees r.e central midfield hence his pursuit of Charlie Adam.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #466: Mar 10, 2011 11:20:43 pm

We need a playmaker mate, some one in teh mould of Xabi, Gerrard has only got 2 or 3 years left at the top fo game, the 4 positions I've stated will seriously improve our starting XI and I think Kenny somewhat arees r.e central midfield hence his pursuit of Charlie Adam.
      i honestly believe that gerrard is capable of that job. we have seen spreading the ball all over the ground. The problem is that if we buy a top notch midfielder for a big money now then he would want to be in the starting line up in every game. then who would you bench meireles or stevie? plus i seriously think that stevie have some of years left in him.
      danwarb
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 188 posts |
      Reply #467: Mar 10, 2011 11:24:45 pm
      We were too often forced back to Pepe, which is why we rarely got out of our own half without hitting it over the top.

I think we'd have got more from Meireles at CM today alongside Lucas. Sure, our short/safe passing midfield trio rarely misplaced a pass, but we were too slow on the ball with Pepe or a defender eventually hoofing possession away, at least until Carroll came on.

Maxi would've helped with that. I don't think we'll have too much trouble breaking them down at home.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #468: Mar 10, 2011 11:25:35 pm
      The problem is that if we buy a top notch midfielder for a big money now then he would want to be in the starting line up in every game. then who would you bench meireles or stevie? plus I seriously think that stevie have some of years left in him.

We bench who needs to be benched mate.

If we want to progress then we need top quality players in the summer. This will not only make the squad stronger but should raise the levels of the players who are already here as there will be much more competition for places.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #469: Mar 10, 2011 11:26:08 pm
      Exactly, trust your eyes, like I said Lucas was as culpible as giving the ball away cheapily as anyone in teh first half and all these stats are doing is proving me right. :D
      we"re losing that vital touch to the ball,it"s only a fraction of a second but it"s enough to change the outcome of a game .
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #470: Mar 10, 2011 11:31:13 pm
      i honestly believe that gerrard is capable of that job. we have seen spreading the ball all over the ground. The problem is that if we buy a top notch midfielder for a big money now then he would want to be in the starting line up in every game. then who would you bench meireles or stevie? plus i seriously think that stevie have some of years left in him.

Strength in depth mate or would you rather we keep Poulsen ?
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #471: Mar 10, 2011 11:47:20 pm
      I've said it before, and I'll say it again...

people seem to think that smashing a player into the stands, or hitting potshots from 30 yards, or attempting 40 yard passes means someone is a good player.

The best team in the world (Barca) is full of players who DON'T do those things, especially the passing unless the option is on.

I would like to think we aspire to play the kind of pass and move that Barca do - and that means getting out of this outmoded and outdated mindset that some people seem to have.

In the glory years, we had players whose first concern was to pass and move - yes we had some hard players, but above all else, they could play football, find a team mate, and then move to get the ball back.

They passed the ball back (and back to clemence) sideways and passed it forwards only when it was right to do so.

It might seem boring to some, but possession is the name of the game - if it takes 5, 10, 20 or 30 passes to move the ball forwards, so what?
      Possession is the key - and we need players who can do that, combined with good movement, decoy runs, and the general opening up of the opposition.

Keep the pitch small in defence and big in attack - and to keep it big in attack, possession is king.

Yes we need some pace out wide, but our midfield is almost complete - and that's down to keeping the ball.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #472: Mar 10, 2011 11:47:36 pm
      just a very poor performance, much like the previous  E.L. away games. Never voted m.o.m. as i couldn't clearly pick out one individual who was fully superior than anyone else tonight. Caroll perhaps if he had played the full match. Bit dissapointed, but tie far from over yet, will expect to go through after good win in second leg. Can't actually believe a manc texted me and had the cheek to critisize us after the  game. What The F**k, do they not have any decorum.? Any way, a full week to recover and make good.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #473: Mar 11, 2011 12:01:28 am
      Barc players can mix the passing your mate cant. They can up the tempo when they have to your mate cant. Maybe barc will come calling for him you think is so suited to them. Oh wait they signed our lad that goes crashing into tackles and very good game he had the other night
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #474: Mar 11, 2011 12:07:14 am
      Oh wait they signed our lad that goes crashing into tackles and very good game he had the other night

You mean the lad with splinters in his arse?

Busquets is twice the player - he knows how to play the game.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #475: Mar 11, 2011 12:11:18 am
      Lucas and co go missing away from Anfield again.

That's never happened before has it.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #476: Mar 11, 2011 12:13:46 am
      Lucas and co go missing away from Anfield again.

That's never happened before has it.

So, not carragher and co, not meireles and co, not spearing and co, not poulsen and co etc etc

just shows the agenda some people have
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #477: Mar 11, 2011 12:29:59 am
      Keep the pitch small in defence and big in attack - and to keep it big in attack, possession is king.

Yes we need some pace out wide, but our midfield is almost complete - and that's down to keeping the ball.

From what I saw of the game tonight, we were F***ing awful at keeping possession. I must have seen Poulsen lose the ball more times than he managed to play it on.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #478: Mar 11, 2011 12:34:57 am

just shows the agenda some people have

Your right it does considering Chats rarely if ever does criticise Lucas, infact he's normally quite the opposite, ;D
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #479: Mar 11, 2011 12:37:34 am
      Your right it does considering Chats rarely if ever does criticise Lucas, infact he's normally quite the opposite, ;D

So why pick on one of our better players tonight?

yeah that's right - you and your F***ing bandwagon jumping.

Go on - edit my comments some more, I can do that as well.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #480: Mar 11, 2011 12:43:20 am
      Bit pissed now but wish I could make a note of all you T***s that come on here EVERY time we lose but are NEVER seen when we'er doing ok.Braga for me are more than a decent side at home and fully deserved that one nil win.Hope we sort it on the return next week (BIG Anfield night called for) Goodnight.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #481: Mar 11, 2011 12:43:49 am

Go on - edit my comments some more, I can do that as well.

Is this bloke for real ?

I think he has some form of mental inbalance.

Paranoid shiczhoprenic or something ?

Which KennyIsKing am I talking to ?
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #482: Mar 11, 2011 12:43:57 am
      Well some b***ard was giving the ball away all f**king night...... :)

Raul...? Didn't have a good game to be honest. Better game than Poulsen mind.

Quick Reply