Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Reina
      (0%)
      Skrtel
      (5.3%)
      Johnson
      (3.5%)
      Spearing
      (7.9%)
      Cole
      (5.3%)
      Kuyt
      (3.5%)
      Carroll
      (63.2%)
      Meireles
      (8.8%)
      Carragher
      (2.6%)

Braga 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Annoyance

Read 41009 times
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Re: Braga 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Annoyance
      Reply #483: Mar 11, 2011 12:49:09 am
      Lucas - People go that extra mile to blame him and people goes that extra mile to defend him.

I'm a defender, he does his job week in week out, hardly ever makes a mistake, attitude has been brilliant considering the abuse he got from fans and he's in the Brazil squad.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #484: Mar 11, 2011 12:56:30 am
      Lucas - People go that extra mile to blame him and people goes that extra mile to defend him.

I'm a defender, he does his job week in week out, hardly ever makes a mistake, attitude has been brilliant considering the abuse he got from fans and he's in the Brazil squad.

Which is pretty much what I say.

He does his job well - what the F**k do people want from him?

To carry the team???

ain't gonna happen, and nor should it.

Lucas is a team player - we need more of the same.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #485: Mar 11, 2011 01:08:16 am
      Well after today's performance I think Lucas was very poor today. Can't defend him really and say he played well because he didn't but I just think other players should take more of the blame, Poulson, Meireles, Spearing (little harsh, was out of position).

Lucas was trying to get us to attack. I don't care about stats, Poulson has more completed passes but probably tried 5 yard passes which a baby could do. Lucas tried to do more eye of the needle passes, it didn't work out for him 1. Kuyt was off side constantly 2. Other players were very static.

I just felt as if he was the only 1 who was trying to make things happen, Meireles normally has been the one trying to create things but he had an off day, which he wad probably due after a few fantastic performances on recent weeks.  

I just think there's other players who should get the blame. Seems like Lucas is getting most of it here which to me is unfair.
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #486: Mar 11, 2011 01:08:40 am
      once i knew they had 7 brazilians in there squad thought we would definately lose. first half we were toothless unwilling not interested. soon as carroll come on it transformed our side for some reason. he deserved to get a goal.but it was not to be, still dead wood in this side who just want to pick up there wages and not perform.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #487: Mar 11, 2011 01:22:01 am
      The lack of substitutions annoyed me. We had a few players on the bench that might have added a little bit of width to such a narrow squad. It never happened.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #488: Mar 11, 2011 01:23:25 am
      The lack of substitutions annoyed me. We had a few players on the bench that might have added a little bit of width to such a narrow squad. It never happened.

I was wondering the same thing.

benitez got slated for not playing pacheco - it seems that particular tide has shifted.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #489: Mar 11, 2011 01:28:53 am
      benitez got slated for not playing pacheco - it seems that particular tide has shifted.

Or that ship has sailed.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #490: Mar 11, 2011 01:35:03 am

Fair enough.

Sorry.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #491: Mar 11, 2011 01:51:48 am
      Personally I think r.e the Pacheco issue is Kenny is trying to evalauate the supposed big name players he has at his disposal.

Pacheco is only a young gun, Kenny knows he will have a season or two to assess youngsters that he already knows about having some form of interaction with them at the academy under Rafa, however senior players on £30k plus a week he needs to get right whether to sell or whether to keep this summer.

Some may say well Kenny already knows about these players because of how they performed under Rafa and Roy, wrong Kenny will want to see how these players perform and respond under his coaching methods and his tactics, he has had from around 8th of January until May to evaluate the senior players at his dispoal and how they respond to his managment to make key decisions on their futures.

So I'm not going to be slating Kenny for not introducing Pacheco tonight as this summers transfer window given recent events could be one of the most important transfer windows in the clubs entire history.
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,293 posts | 177 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #492: Mar 11, 2011 03:48:31 am
      I had to say that at the end of the game Lucas had the lowest pass completion of the mid 3 (him, spearing and POULSON), because i really hate all those who use the pass stats to defend him, so I thought i might as well use it against him and say that poulsen is better on the ball that him (feels good).

I have to say that you when you see a player that can boss a midfield you can recognise it. i rate Lucas but don't think he's that kind of player, which means he surely can make a job for the team when he's surrounded by quality players, but I think that, as much as lots of people love him for his work rate and so (just like I love Kuyt), I think that long-term we should be thinking of using him as a squad plaeyr and find a midfield beast to play in his place.

On topic, I think Carroll looks great and feel kind of sorry for him having to fight all alone up there. The whole team was pretty sh*te TBH.

And I say bring Aquilani back!!
      5fingersOFfowler
      • Banned

• 28 posts |
      Reply #493: Mar 11, 2011 04:42:33 am
      how the f### did cole get 5 votes  :o
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 760 posts | 38 
      Reply #494: Mar 11, 2011 07:22:06 am
      Voted Carroll, changed the game completely when he came on.How did that Kaka not get sent off for the elbow?.
      bitts
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #495: Mar 11, 2011 07:37:11 am
      Voted Carroll.. i was unable to watch the match but i read the match report and was very happy to see Carroll performing well... YNWA Carrolll
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #496: Mar 11, 2011 08:22:08 am
      Personally I think r.e the Pacheco issue is Kenny is trying to evalauate the supposed big name players he has at his disposal.

Pacheco is only a young gun, Kenny knows he will have a season or two to assess youngsters that he already knows about having some form of interaction with them at the academy under Rafa, however senior players on £30k plus a week he needs to get right whether to sell or whether to keep this summer.

Some may say well Kenny already knows about these players because of how they performed under Rafa and Roy, wrong Kenny will want to see how these players perform and respond under his coaching methods and his tactics, he has had from around 8th of January until May to evaluate the senior players at his dispoal and how they respond to his managment to make key decisions on their futures.

So I'm not going to be slating Kenny for not introducing Pacheco tonight as this summers transfer window given recent events could be one of the most important transfer windows in the clubs entire history.
      Good post that mate and agree with you wholeheartedly.I've no doubt Kenny sees Pachecos talent and in time the bigger picture will show that.YNWA. 
      Plantman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts |
      • Youll*Never*Walk*Alone
      Reply #497: Mar 11, 2011 08:22:37 am
      well my voice has only just returned after beating them mancs, but i didnt need it last night, we lacked ANY creativity, width is needed badly, i would honestly rather see Sterling given a run or suso, Pacheco etc than see F***ing poulsen in the team.

I wont put any blame on Jay for his under par performance as that wouldnt be fair.

Im quietly confident we will do the job at Anfield although they only need one goal to see us needing 3 or 4 to go through..

StevieGTheCaptain8
      • Forum Ian St John

• 444 posts | 11 
      • Italian Fan
      Reply #498: Mar 11, 2011 08:24:15 am
      Only Carroll and Johnson, maybe Carra were sufficient. Skrtel and Reina without vote, Kyrgiakos the man of the match for Braga, Dirk absent-minded, Meireles and Leiva two ghosts, Spearing all the dirty work, Joe Cole very few cues, Poulsen good match if he was playing for Sporting. Now at Anfield Carroll from 1', Kuyt second striker, Meireles and Lucas in the control room. Out Poulsen and Cole. Forced to put Kyr.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #499: Mar 11, 2011 08:28:37 am
      Voted Carroll, changed the game completely when he came on.How did that Kaka not get sent off for the elbow?.

Question is?Was it Carroll coming on,or Poulsh**e going off (giving the players a lift)that changed the game?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,822 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #500: Mar 11, 2011 08:35:26 am
      At the end of the day,( it's nighttime) we never played that well and it could have been worse, but i never saw anything that would worry me going into the return leg, they will rely too much on their counter attacks and will most probably park the bus, we on the other hand could have Carroll on from the start, have Agger back and even better have our skipper back too, yep we could have done with a away goal but we didn't get one and obvioulsly if they do we would need to score minimum of 3, i don't think that would pose any probs, we got 3 at the weekend no bother against Arrogant kunts 'R' us, Braga are a decent side but their chance has gone IMO, we will prove to strong for them and we will cruise it, TBH, i just cant see what all the fuss is about, ok we never outshone them or posed any difficult questions but we will at Anfield then we will see what they are really made of......4-0 piece of piss,.....NEXT?

IKWT YNWA
      sirignano
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 307 posts |
      Reply #501: Mar 11, 2011 08:42:42 am
      if i had one question to ask KK it would be two words long.

'poulsen... why?'
      Plantman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts |
      • Youll*Never*Walk*Alone
      Reply #502: Mar 11, 2011 08:45:25 am
      if I had one question to ask KK it would be two words long.

'poulsen... why?'

Can only be KK thinking "if people see i think he is good enough to play, we will get at least 500k for him in the summer"

Because its a travisty that young sterling or pacheco dont get a game for that useless bag of crap
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #503: Mar 11, 2011 09:04:02 am
      I'm starting to dread that away kit. It's almost as if we save all or worst performances for it
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 760 posts | 38 
      Reply #504: Mar 11, 2011 09:11:43 am
      Question is?Was it Carroll coming on,or Poulsh**e going off (giving the players a lift)that changed the game?
      Good point,Well put!
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #505: Mar 11, 2011 09:17:14 am
      It was defiantly Carroll coming on that made the difference. Gave us an outlet ball. Can't wait till next season when we should have couple wingers providing crosses for Carroll.

Quick Reply