Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Reina
      (0%)
      Skrtel
      (5.3%)
      Johnson
      (3.5%)
      Spearing
      (7.9%)
      Cole
      (5.3%)
      Kuyt
      (3.5%)
      Carroll
      (63.2%)
      Meireles
      (8.8%)
      Carragher
      (2.6%)

Braga 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Annoyance

Read 41247 times
      Carroll9
      • Banned

• 324 posts |
      Re: Braga 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Annoyance
      Reply #506: Mar 11, 2011 09:17:33 am
      Further proof for me that the second string players are sh*te and the squad isnt good enough.

sh*te game, sh*te performance, annoying.

ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #507: Mar 11, 2011 09:38:34 am
      Can't play with 2 wingers anymore unless they can also defend.

LB is a no brainer, CM needs depth, but I also think we need a CB - Carra is getting near his end, sotis is a bit old.

Cover for a season or 2 til our youth comes through - wilson and kelly for the future, along with agger, which would leave us needing a RB as well.

Still, rome wasn't built in a day...

kelly's not for the future, kelly's for now tbh. I also think johnson has done very well at lb. both kelly and johnson get forward too, as well as defend.

agreed on a cb, sotis and carra are both getting old, skrtl's not up to scratch.

would love two attacking wingers tbh, ashley young on left (or right, he is right footed afterall), nzogbia on the right/left would do very nicely. imagine the service caroll would get.

that's all we need for now tbh.

anyway, was a blend of poor performance by us and a very good performance from braga. we'll do 'em at home
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,500 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #508: Mar 11, 2011 09:45:26 am
      Bit pissed now but wish I could make a note of all you T***s that come on here EVERY time we lose but are NEVER seen when we'er doing ok.Braga for me are more than a decent side at home and fully deserved that one nil win.Hope we sort it on the return next week (BIG Anfield night called for) Goodnight.

For one being pissed. was a sensible post. ;D.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #509: Mar 11, 2011 09:45:49 am
      Poor game - Poulsen, Spearing, Kyrgiakos and Cole are not good enough for our team
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,500 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #510: Mar 11, 2011 09:50:18 am
      guys braga are a good team at home, very good in fact.

1-0 is not a bad result considering who was not playing for us.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #511: Mar 11, 2011 10:36:57 am
      guys braga are a good team at home, very good in fact.

1-0 is not a bad result considering who was not playing for us.

• Braga have won their last three European home fixtures by identical 2-0 scorelines, beating FK Partizan and Arsenal FC in the UEFA Champions League group stage and then KKS Lech Poznań in the UEFA Europa League round of 32.

Immediately after a loss the match thread turns into a blood bath with attacks flying left, right and centre. Take time out.

In the cold light of day can we all realise that it's actually a good result. The second half is at Anfield where the crowd will be massive, Carroll will start and we'll beat them by 2 clear goals easy.

corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #512: Mar 11, 2011 10:39:00 am
      They sold 4 of there best players in January, they were extremey poor last night but couldn't believe how bad we were.

If we ever play a midfield of Lucas Poulsen Spearing and Cole again we will see more of that
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #513: Mar 11, 2011 10:45:41 am
      • Braga have won their last three European home fixtures by identical 2-0 scorelines, beating FK Partizan and Arsenal FC in the UEFA Champions League group stage and then KKS Lech Poznań in the UEFA Europa League round of 32.

Immediately after a loss the match thread turns into a blood bath with attacks flying left,
      right and centre. Take time out.

In the cold light of day can we all realise that it's actually a good result. The second half is at Anfield where the crowd will be massive, Carroll will start and we'll beat them by 2 clear
      goals easy.

Agree but Lucas was basically on his own last night in the centre. But we should do them at home.
      TheDoc
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts |
      Reply #514: Mar 11, 2011 10:48:30 am
      We will do them at home. COnsidering how bad we played they were very ordinary! Carroll coming on was great and lifted everyone. Never want to see Poulsen pull on a Liverpool shirt ever again. Seen enough of him now and he's well short of the mark.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #515: Mar 11, 2011 10:50:06 am
      Lucas was as much the problem last night way to slow in possession, way to slow moving the ball.

The tempo is set from midfield and Poulsen and Lucas were strolling around last night like it was a pre season.

Poulsen and Lucas haven't a creative bone in their bodies and neither of them can run with the ball, easy to defend against
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #516: Mar 11, 2011 10:52:02 am
      We will do them at home. COnsidering how bad we played they were very ordinary! Carroll coming on was great and lifted everyone. Never want to see Poulsen pull on a Liverpool shirt ever again. Seen enough of him now and he's well short of the mark.

Little tough on Poulsen to be fair, spearing was the worry for me. Took the easy pass back time and again when a more penetrating ball available. Also looked to get rid as soon as rather than expressing himself.
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #517: Mar 11, 2011 11:08:54 am
      We just seemed miles away from each other for large amounts of the game. Kaka should have gone aswell the shithouse.
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      Reply #518: Mar 11, 2011 11:10:19 am
      Agreed about Poulsen - stay away from that pitch. Dreadful.
      Plantman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts |
      • Youll*Never*Walk*Alone
      Reply #519: Mar 11, 2011 11:27:51 am
      And also i think Joe Cole should be given a little more time as well, ok he's not doing so well but he is back from injury and hasnt had many games.

He needs good link up play from midfield to make runs ect and the likelyness of that happening with poulshite, spearing and lucas there....well it aint gonna happen.

Joe needs to be amongst runners and creative players to get the best out of him i think.
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      Reply #520: Mar 11, 2011 11:30:54 am
      Joe is improving at least, his confidence is growing a little. Its just a question of whether it will take too long. He was better last night but still not the Joe we expect.
      StevieGTheCaptain8
      • Forum Ian St John

• 444 posts | 11 
      • Italian Fan
      Reply #521: Mar 11, 2011 11:35:51 am
      Poulsen come back to do damage in Turin !! Even Spearing, Cole and Kyr have to sit on the bench but.. Who can we play with? Ngog? Luis we miss you, next year we can do very much better with you. And Lucas and Raul HAVE to give more.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #522: Mar 11, 2011 11:37:07 am
      Unfortunately I don't think Spearing is good enough at Premier League or European level. Poulsen also.

My only concern is the non use of Pacheco. Surely he is a better option at this time than Joe Cole who at this moment looks unfit and a shadow of the player we used to see in Chelsea colours.

Is he getting in ahead of Dani just to justify the wages that we are paying him?

I'm getting the feeling The King doesn't trust him because if he isn't giving him a game in the Europa league then I can't see him taking a chance on him in the Premier League. Bit of a mystery to me to be honest.

All in all we were pretty sh*te last night and although we looked a bit more dangerous when the big fella came on, I hope we dont revert to type every time we get the ball in deep areas and give it a hoof up as the easy option.

No doubt that we can turn it around at Anfield though, although an away goal would of made a hell of a difference.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #523: Mar 11, 2011 11:41:24 am
      i  rate our chances higher than City 2-0 is a killer if they score at City City will need 4 so 1-0 dosent look to bad does it.
      it just shows our lack of depth Poulsen Spearing and Carragher playing at rightback no thanks.Cole still looks at best AVG so its no surprise we were poor last night but Anfield will be full, hopefully Gerrard and Carrol will start along with Agger and they dont travel to well.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #524: Mar 11, 2011 11:59:49 am
      Was it really a bad game?

I just saw the highlights and it was like 3 minutes long and all Braga.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #525: Mar 11, 2011 12:01:40 pm
      The only worry I have is if Braga score at Anfield. We would then need 3 to qualify which is a big ask.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #526: Mar 11, 2011 12:04:03 pm

Not really Ad, about 66% Braga 34% us. We never really were effective till Carroll came on and then it was all us really.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #527: Mar 11, 2011 12:04:14 pm

Pretty much summed it up in the 3 minutes mate.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #528: Mar 11, 2011 12:05:04 pm
      The only worry I have is if Braga score at Anfield. We would then need 3 to qualify which is a big ask.

Imagine if it becomes 2005 all over again!

Quick Reply