Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Do players cheat the club and fans

Read 7120 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Do players cheat the club and fans
      Reply #23: Mar 12, 2011 12:51:15 am
      Do you try with the same 100% strong effort every single day at your job?

Effort aside, is your performance better at your job some days more than others?

By your logic, you are cheating your company one or two days each week.

Any 1 individual can drop off on performance not an entire team. What would happen if your entire workforce done a bads days work? Would there be no qustions asked?
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #24: Mar 12, 2011 12:53:51 am
      Any 1 individual can drop off on performance not an entire team. What would happen if your entire workforce done a bads days work? Would there be no qustions asked?

I think that the comparison with "day jobs" is a bit misleading.

It's not just what these guys give physically on the pitch, but about the mental side of it as well - mentally drained can often be more punishing than physically drained.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #25: Mar 12, 2011 01:01:14 am
      I think that the comparison with "day jobs" is a bit misleading.

It's not just what these guys give physically on the pitch, but about the mental side of it as well - mentally drained can often be more punishing than physically drained.

The day job logic was in response to the previous poster.

I might be right, might be wrong but to me as an individual who adores this club there is, and should be no, excuse for an hours football with no effort (was there even close to one?) on goal. Until Carroll arrived did you feel in anyway inspired by what you saw? I didnt. And to be frank I think anyone who says they were pleased is a liar or thinks they should post positive stuff here for others to read.

Cheating is probably the wrong word in the thread title to use but please dont tell me we got 100% off the team yesterday 
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #26: Mar 12, 2011 01:10:13 am
      The day job logic was in response to the previous poster.

I might be right, might be wrong but to me as an individual who adores this club there is, and should be no, excuse for an hours football with no effort (was there even close to one?) on goal. Until Carroll arrived did you feel in anyway inspired by what you saw? I didnt. And to be frank I think anyone who says they were pleased is a liar or thinks they should post positive stuff here for others to read.

Cheating is probably the wrong word in the thread title to use but please dont tell me we got 100% off the team yesterday  

I just don't think they tried any less - I just think they looked Jaded.

No player can be 100% all the time - but neither should nearly all our players be less than that by much at any given time.

That sounds like a fitness issue - and that's down to the coaching/fitness team.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #27: Mar 12, 2011 02:00:31 am
      I don't believe any player walk in to the pith with anything similar to 'cheat' in his head. But there are many many factors for the win or loss in any single game, and that make football the game difficult to predict and enjoy following our team. In our team situation I think the biggest factor is similar to racer said above, we lack in creativities/attacking force. We need some players who always enjoy to win, enjoy to destroy the oppositions, with killer instinct, the C. Ronaldo kind of players who seemed very happy to have opportunity to make a hat-trick against weaker opponent, I do not want to mention ex-scum player but it's just for example.

I'm confident we will much stronger from next season. I've trusted in King Kenny he can rebuild the red machine to glory again, and we no need to wait much longer.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #28: Mar 12, 2011 05:43:06 am
      Tough to say but what I do know is every time I read a thread and this guy has posted I feel cheated of my time it took to sieve thru the crap.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #29: Mar 12, 2011 01:47:28 pm
      We miss gerrard cos lucas and poulson are very poor and we have no xabi or masch to fill in anymore

Lucas hasn't been very poor this season at all. In my opinion he has been our most improved player by a country mile. I have been the lads worst critic but his attitude is second to none and I think the lad just needs to develop a killer pass and he could be quite a player.

To your main point about players cheating the fans. I do think there are players out there who  cheat fans and they do so by going out onto the pitch without giving a F**k about the fans or what actually happens on the pitch. They don't give a F**k because they have signed solely for the money and nothing else.

But at Liverpool? Na. Not anymore, although with hindsight I think we may have just got shot of player who has been cheating us for the past six months. 

We haven't got anymore cheats just some who aren't good enough.

The players who cheat the fans can be found around The Eastlands and Stamford Bridge areas.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #30: Mar 12, 2011 01:56:58 pm
      The words 'knee' and 'jerk' come to mind.

Below par players, yes. Cheats? Hardly.
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #31: Mar 12, 2011 06:45:22 pm
      most people with ordinary jobs try and do there best day and day out. but proffessional soccer players dont think the same rules apply to them. very difficult to fire players so they pick up the check even after a poor performance. if i was paying 600 pound to see the last match at braga. yes would feel cheated.nhl hockey has a good system you put in a weak performance your minutes of playing time goes down.wish they had the same system in soccer. you would have to turn the system upside down but it brings in accountability 
      5strs
      • Forum David Johnson

• 222 posts |
      Reply #32: Mar 12, 2011 07:58:45 pm
      So the fact that we were missing Gerrard and Suarez had no bearing on the result on Thursday ?  Two key players.

Since Kenny took over, we have made excellent progression, so your statement is really another knee-jerk reaction.  You watch, next season we will be playing for CL and the Premiership title. [/b] So in answer to your question, no, I don't think the players cheat the club and the fans.
      Isnt that what we try an do every season????
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #33: Mar 12, 2011 08:56:24 pm
      Not cheats for me but selective on when they want to give 100% to many players in positions with no one pressing for there place in the team.
      Would have a different attitude if we had a stronger bench, way to comfatable some of the players in the first team. Perhaps time to blood some of the younger players, to many playing the hoof from the back, and with Carroll in the team this will only increse
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #34: Mar 13, 2011 03:57:40 am
      well i have suspicions players are told to play a certain way in europa or champion league matches where there are two legs. the europa competition is a good example. think players on the away trip are told not to concede a goal and play accordingly. notice some of the scorelines and the borefest which took place this year.cant prove anything of course.
      albertared
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 330 posts | 11 
      Reply #35: Mar 15, 2011 09:17:05 pm
      I think we have a "mindset" issue with our current squad. They remind me a lot of the England team actually.

When we play a team that is clearly at our level or above (e.g Chelsea, Barca, etc.) the players adopt the "underdog" attitude and they come out fighting for everything and run on adrenaline and look great.

Then they play a "lesser" team like Wigan or Wolves and they seem to want to win the game without really exerting themselves too much. They seem to start off confident of an easy win and then lose that confidence rapidly when they find out that the opponents are not going to let them get away with that and our lads just don't seem to have that ability to step it up until the game is already pretty much beyond them.

Oh, and this has been happening for at least 6 years so somebody needs to figure out a way of sorting it out. It is mind blowing to me how this just keeps happening year after year.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #36: Mar 15, 2011 11:04:54 pm
      I think we have a "mindset" issue with our current squad. They remind me a lot of the England team actually.

When we play a team that is clearly at our level or above (e.g Chelsea, Barca, etc.) the players adopt the "underdog" attitude and they come out fighting for everything and run on adrenaline and look great.

Then they play a "lesser" team like Wigan or Wolves and they seem to want to win the game without really exerting themselves too much. They seem to start off confident of an easy win and then lose that confidence rapidly when they find out that the opponents are not going to let them get away with that and our lads just don't seem to have that ability to step it up until the game is already pretty much beyond them.

Oh, and this has been happening for at least 6 years so somebody needs to figure out a way of sorting it out. It is mind blowing to me how this just keeps happening year after year.

Spot on mate 
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,115 posts | 4880 
      Reply #37: Mar 16, 2011 12:03:25 am

Like Saint I totally agree and one issue Kenny has to look at.
      pragnorok
      • Forum David Johnson

• 222 posts |
      Reply #38: Mar 16, 2011 07:59:18 am
      What Bollocks you spout my friend, like Smigger said you are guilty of knee-jerking of the highest order, FF's fella thats just the way it goes sometimes, you cant expect to win every single game going, we had 3 of our top players missing on Thursday in Agger, Gerrard and Suarez, you could argue that is our spine and pivotal in any mans army, you have to have faith my friend, ive been watching Liverpool for 34 yrs and believe me ive seen games where I thought f**k me 'was that really a performance to be proud of', stick with it mate, its lfe, get used to it.

I have to say I utterly agree with you there bill. I would like to add however where Braga are weak opponants. in todays football there are no weak opponants as most teams are very well organised aswell as the fact that braga are very very good at home. Look at the tactics we went there to do a containing job and maybe nick one at the end but sometimes it doesnt turn out like that. We are gonna batter them Thursday wait and see.

Quick Reply