Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

England vs Paraguay

Read 4133 times
      giddy76
      • Forum John Toshack
      • Started Topic

• 263 posts |
      England vs Paraguay
      Jun 10, 2006 05:19:44 pm
      Todays game... England v Paraguay... any thoughts?

I personally thought the first half was our best half and we were lucky to hold out with the one goal lead for the second half.
      Not inspiring stuff was it?
      I think we can all agree that our players aren't used to any kind of heat, they are British after all.
      gopher
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,487 posts | 136 
      England vs Paraguay
      Reply #1: Jun 10, 2006 05:33:38 pm
      in work,didn't see match, relied on radio,sounded like battered them
      first half, second not so good,referee was a bit dodgy with lots of his
      decisions but maybe a slow start will lead to a good build up for rest
       of group games.
      3 points anyway, which is the main thing, make up my own mind
      when ive seen highlights.
      we can only get better . ;D
      REDLANCE
      • Forum Ian St John

• 451 posts |
      England vs Paraguay
      Reply #2: Jun 10, 2006 07:42:48 pm
      First half we looked pretty good but I thought we should have been 2 up.Crouchy was brilliant when given the ball and Stevie G was very good even though he wasn't allowed to play his usual game.The second half was very poor the players blamed the heat but Owen should have stayed on to give Crouchy more support
      lee ed
      • Forum David Johnson

• 236 posts |
      England vs Paraguay
      Reply #3: Jun 11, 2006 09:41:06 am
      Quote from: "REDLANCE"
      First half we looked pretty good but I thought we should have been 2 up.Crouchy was brilliant when given the ball and Stevie G was very good even though he wasn't allowed to play his usual game.The second half was very poor the players blamed the heat but Owen should have stayed on to give Crouchy more support

Did use see the dirty tackle off that (paredes carlos) done on Stevie G
      and a few other players the little tit  :x  :x
      what do u all think when he put (hargreaves) on before (Carragher)
      i think carragher should have been but on before him he`s much better than hargreaves carragher can go most places with a 100% hargreaves :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:
      any one else agree  :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:
      JIMI
      • Forum David Johnson

• 232 posts |
      England vs Paraguay
      Reply #4: Jun 11, 2006 10:00:53 am
      yes i do
      giddy76
      • Forum John Toshack
      • Started Topic

• 263 posts |
      England vs Paraguay
      Reply #5: Jun 11, 2006 03:25:18 pm
      Quote from: "lee ed"
      i think carragher should have been but on before him he`s much better than hargreaves carragher can go most places with a 100% hargreaves :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:

Completely agree. Did you see the sorry excuse for a ref. I think he was wearing a Paraguay footy top under his ref shirt cos the second half he gave every decision their way... oh, and Stevie G's yellow card? Laughable. All we needed was for Carra to come on and we'd have had 3 Liverpool players cautioned.
      What I don't understand is why Sven plays Carra in friendly's but won't put him in the squad for 'real' games. He's better than Ferdinand and Terry put together. My God, if you want strength in defence use the best English player in defence... Carra. Don't pick him if you're going to choose dirty Blue or Manc sh*t over him, that's just ridiculous!!!

Ok, I've had my moan for the day  ;D
      lee ed
      • Forum David Johnson

• 236 posts |
      England vs Paraguay
      Reply #6: Jun 12, 2006 07:04:18 am
      Quote from: "giddy76"

Completely agree. Did you see the sorry excuse for a ref. I think he was wearing a Paraguay footy top under his ref shirt cos the second half he gave every decision their way... oh, and Stevie G's yellow card? Laughable. All we needed was for Carra to come on and we'd have had 3 Liverpool players cautioned.
      What I don't understand is why Sven plays Carra in friendly's but won't put him in the squad for 'real' games. He's better than Ferdinand and Terry put together. My God, if you want strength in defence use the best English player in defence... Carra. Don't pick him if you're going to choose dirty Blue or Manc sh*t over him, that's just ridiculous!!!

Ok, I've had my moan for the day  ;D

u have ur moan ur right sven most no more than most of the time hasnt got a clue  :x and the ref was a w**ker with his greasy hair do stevie g should`nt have got a yellow card for that and carra is well better than them 2 i agree 0well bye :)
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      England vs Paraguay
      Reply #7: Jun 13, 2006 09:47:43 am
      Quote from: "REDLANCE"

And me  ;D

Quick Reply