Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Last orders!

Read 8681 times
      Xabi1309
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 340 posts |
      Last orders!
      Aug 12, 2007 03:27:11 pm
      With the transfer window nearing closure who would you like to see Rafa sign?

With the exception of Heinze is are there any other players you would like to see join us?

Do you think we need to strengthen further?

Lets have one final transfer debate before we can relax and concentrate on bringing the 19th title home!
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Re: Last orders!
      Reply #1: Aug 12, 2007 06:10:15 pm
      Simple....Quaresma.
      LFC 4 LYF
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 52 posts | -1 
      Reply #2: Aug 12, 2007 06:12:39 pm
      I agree mate, sign Quaresma!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,608 posts | 6930 
      Reply #3: Aug 12, 2007 06:25:42 pm
      I'm still smarting we lost on Malouda to be honest.

I think he would have been a great acquisition. Scored two already. I know it was down to him prefering Chelsea and not that we 'lost out' per se but think he would have been a good un.

Who else?

Another centre back as cover - for when JC misses a few games after handling balls in the box (oo er).  I wouldn't say no to Berbatov either.
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #4: Aug 12, 2007 07:09:37 pm
      Id really like to see Daniel Alves sign for us but recent reports show skumsea to be leading the race to his signature but we'll have to wait and see what Rafa has up is sleeve

I wouldn't say no to Berbatov either.

Yea and I'll back you on that one he looks sh*t hot right now what a season he'll have if he gets picked enough
      « Last Edit: Aug 12, 2007 07:12:35 pm by AJ »
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #5: Aug 12, 2007 10:43:06 pm
      Giorgio Chiellini - He looks big and tough and he can also play good football for a young player. He plays LB
      Ricardo Quaresma - Simple, he can beat two players without much trouble.. we've lacked this kind of player for years now
      camara14
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 157 posts | -3 
      Reply #6: Aug 13, 2007 04:34:54 pm
      vincent kompany
      Xabi1309
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 340 posts |
      Reply #7: Aug 13, 2007 07:24:19 pm
      Who on earth is Vincent Kompany??

Surely a windup.

You will be saying next that there would have been a UTube vid but he was too busy.......(had company)!
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #8: Aug 14, 2007 12:39:39 am
      Hello there.

I'll have a nice cold pint of Heinze.  Thankyou very much :D

Surely a windup.

You will be saying next that there would have been a UTube vid but he was too busy.......(had company)!

It's not a wind up.  I always sign this guy on FM!  He's a phenominal CB (on the game!)
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,721 posts | 6707 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #9: Aug 14, 2007 10:42:19 am
      JD, spot on mate...Malouda....he's scored two good goals already, big, strong and quick...I know they play different positions but when Babel missed that goal...I was thinking if that was Malouda it would have been in the back of the net.....to have each of them on the wings would have been absolutely fantastic.

I'll probably get slated for this but as for Berbatov, I just think he's pure class, got silky skills and knows how to put it in the back of the net.  Don't get me wrong I love Dirk Kuyt and his work ethic but when we got Dirk for 9.5 million, Berbatov went for 10 million around the same time to the Spurs. In hindsight, I think for an extra 500K, I would have preferred Berbatov, just because he can create a goal out of nowhere. The deal is done and Dirk is a Red, I'll never knock him and love him as RED...just sometimes I think   What IF?
      « Last Edit: Aug 14, 2007 10:45:26 am by AussieRed »
      Stu503
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 111 posts |
      Reply #10: Aug 14, 2007 10:56:32 am

Surely a windup.

Belgian international central defender.  Started off at Anderlecht, think hes been at Hamburg for the last 3 seasons.  He's about 24-25 years old and has played a fair number of champions league games i think.  Anyone add to that?

I can only see us signing a defender now as i think the manager has all the options he wants in midfield.  Suppose Hienze fits the bill because he can cover two positions and he is very experienced.  Hopefully Aurelio will come back and find form but i don't think anyone has much faith in Paletta
      U-Borat
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 398 posts | -38 
      Reply #11: Aug 14, 2007 11:23:32 am
      JD, spot on mate...Malouda....he's scored two good goals already, big, strong and quick...I know they play different positions but when Babel missed that goal...I was thinking if that was Malouda it would have been in the back of the net.....to have each of them on the wings would have been absolutely fantastic.

I'll probably get slated for this but as for Berbatov, I just think he's pure class, got silky skills and knows how to put it in the back of the net.  Don't get me wrong I love Dirk Kuyt and his work ethic but when we got Dirk for 9.5 million, Berbatov went for 10 million around the same time to the Spurs. In hindsight, I think for an extra 500K, I would have preferred Berbatov, just because he can create a goal out of nowhere. The deal is done and Dirk is a Red, I'll never knock him and love him as RED...just sometimes I think   What IF?

Well, rumour had it that in that summer, Benitez had a 3 man wishlist for striker.
      1. berbatov, 2. obi martins (newcastle), 3. kuyt.

Imagine Berbs or Obi here instead of Kuyt...a real goalscorer....while kuyt seems to have lost his goalscoring touch from feyenoord.
      Wellzy
      • Forum John Barnes

• 422 posts |
      • Sports Journalist
      Reply #12: Aug 14, 2007 11:44:48 am
      I wouldnt trade Dirk for Oba Martins never. Nor would I trade him for Berbatov, he works hard, loves the club. Worthy red i say.

Id love to see Quaresma here.
      U-Borat
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 398 posts | -38 
      Reply #13: Aug 14, 2007 11:58:42 am
      okay honestly, I like Kuyt, and he is a Red....but if we had the opportunity to trade him straight up for either striker, I'd take it in a heartbeat.
      Martins is 22, and already a better goal-poacher than Kuyt.
      And if you hadn't realised, LFC desperately need someone who can capitalise on chances; we had a terrible goals:shots ratio last year, and Crouch and Torres are both ideally holding strikers.
      Then, Berbatov is probably the best striker in England at the moment...Need I say more?
      Wellzy
      • Forum John Barnes

• 422 posts |
      • Sports Journalist
      Reply #14: Aug 14, 2007 12:01:00 pm
      Martins scored 11 last season, Kuyt scored 12, and Kuyt doesnt right up top. I know who i'd rather have.
      U-Borat
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 398 posts | -38 
      Reply #15: Aug 14, 2007 12:02:33 pm
      Martins- 17/44 in all competitions, Kuyt 14/48....
      And Martins is 22....and started this season with 2 goals.....
      Xabi1309
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 340 posts |
      Reply #16: Aug 15, 2007 10:34:14 am
      Belgian international central defender.  Started off at Anderlecht, think hes been at Hamburg for the last 3 seasons.  He's about 24-25 years old and has played a fair number of champions league games I think.  Anyone add to that?

I can only see us signing a defender now as I think the manager has all the options he wants in midfield.  Suppose Hienze fits the bill because he can cover two positions and he is very experienced.  Hopefully Aurelio will come back and find form but I don't think anyone has much faith in Paletta

Thanks!
      moz273
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 38 posts | -1 
      Reply #17: Aug 15, 2007 05:13:24 pm
      Unless the Heinze deal goes through, I think we're done for the summer. Benitez says he isn't looking at any other left backs and I think after what we've already spent, Quaresma would be too expensive - no matter how much I'd like us to get him.

Someone mentioned Chiellini before and I'd prefer him over Heinze. He is younger, quicker, and plays in both positions Heinze can.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #18: Aug 17, 2007 10:28:44 am
      Hawar Mohammed. Gun left midfielder
      Boot
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      Reply #19: Aug 17, 2007 11:19:41 am
      I remember being told by hicks & Gillet that we will all be very excited by some of the siginings we are going to make.  Maybe its me, but I was expecting to go for some truly world class players in the mould of Messi, Kaka, ronaldinho (By the way i'm not saying one of those players)

Don't get me wrong I think Torres and Babel are good, but one of the best players in the world.  I'm not to sure. 

Do you think anyone apart from Gerrard will win European player of the year?  I can't see it.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #20: Aug 18, 2007 03:21:59 am
      Parry said they havnt stopped looking either so maybe a late big transfer could happen. I doubt it though.
      We still need a back and a classy specialty winger not a CM who can play out wide.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #21: Aug 24, 2007 08:22:11 pm
      Seven days left! We better buck our idea's up before its too late!

I only expect a defender in who can play central defense or maybe on the left aswell. I can't see us buying another winger, not until next summer when Kewell leaves.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #22: Aug 25, 2007 02:07:29 am
      Another Budweiser please

Quick Reply