Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Aiden McGeady ( Spartak Moscow)

Read 6692 times
      *LFC 4EVA*
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 805 posts |
      • *LFC 4LIFE*
      Aiden McGeady ( Spartak Moscow)
      Mar 12, 2011 08:58:11 am
      Reds chase £20m Spartak winger
      12th Mar 2011 - Transfer Gossip 
      27 CommentsEmailPrintShare ArchiveLFC To Go
      Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish is interested in signing Spartak Moscow winger Aiden McGeady this summer and is closely monitoring the Irish international’s situation in the Russian capital

Most Recent Gossip
      Reds chase £20m Spartak winger
      Souness and co eclipse Barca
      LFC planning shock move for Arsenal s…
      Alan makes it advantage Braga
      Alan makes Reds pay penalty
      The former Celtic star has done well since his move to the Luzhniki in August but the 24 year old has begun to be linked with interest from Zenit St Petersburg and Juventus amid reports that he could be sold if a significant offer was forthcoming.

McGeady cost Spartak £9.5m just over six months ago but apparently Juventus are willing to offer as much as £20m and it is clear that any sale sanctioned by the Moscow club will more likely be to a side not competing in their own league, hence a move to Zenit being highly unlikely.

Liverpool appear keen on adding more natural wide options having seen the likes of Maxi, Dirk Kuyt, Milan Jovanovic and Joe Cole all fail to make an impact. Kenny Dalglish is thought to be looking for an out and out winger who can help provide ammunition for his new front pairing of Luis Suarez and Andy Carroll.

Aiden McGeady enjoyed six successful years at Celtic before making the brave move into the relative unknown and has become a player well rated by supporters and pundits alike but the Glasgow born wide man would surely be tempted by a move to the Premier League and to Liverpool in particular given the obvious links between the current boss and the Parkhead side he represented so effectively.

Liverpool's owners appear more than willing to finance significant moves in the transfer market and a move for McGeady, though expensive could well add another dimension to the club's attack that could help the club push onwards and upwards next term.

Source: Caughtoffside.com

This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.

Author: Caughtoffside.com

20million not worth that id much prefer young
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Re: Aiden McGeady ( Spartak Moscow)
      Reply #1: Mar 12, 2011 09:12:13 am
      I hope this is a joke. Mcgeady is worth no where near 20 million. Ive seen a hell of a lot of the lad and dont think he is anywhere near good enough. Maybe an okay signing for wolves or stoke but defo not us
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #2: Mar 12, 2011 09:40:10 am
      I said it a few years back when he played for Celtic, I like him, and I wouldn't mind seeing him play for the club. The general mood then was that he wasn't good enough as he was only playing in the SPL. He's now proven he can do else where in Europe with Spartak. But £20 mil??? No chance! About £10 mil and I'd take him but no way is he worth £20 mil.

McGeady cost Spartak £9.5m just over six months ago but apparently Juventus are willing to offer as much as £20m and it is clear that any sale sanctioned by the Moscow club will more likely be to a side not competing in their own league, hence a move to Zenit being highly unlikely.

Off topic concerning McGeady but Juve are willing to pay £20 mil for McGeady but reportedly won't pay £10 mil for Aquilani (already proven in Italy and one of their better players this season)??? Cheeky fuckers are chancing us!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #3: Mar 12, 2011 10:00:44 am
      He has played 10 times for them in the league and his value has doubled, how the f**k has his value doubled, I could be wrong but isn't he playing in Russia.

Proving himself in Russia and scotland is hardly a gloring endorsement. I wouldn't take him for free, he is a headless chicken that runs with his head down and has sh*t end product.

If we sign him in the Summer I'll be gutted. Think this is only sh*te paper talk anyway

He actually reminds me of Pennant without the end product and if Pennant does qualify for Ireland like he says he does I can see him oust McGeady from the irish team
      « Last Edit: Mar 12, 2011 10:09:34 am by corballyred »
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #4: Mar 12, 2011 10:08:48 am
      He has played 10 times for them in the league and his value has doubled, how the F**k has his value doubled, i could be wrong but isn't he playing in Russia.

Proving himself in Russia and scotland is hardly a gloring endorsement. I wouldn't take him for free, he is a headless chicken that runs with his head down and has sh*t end product.

If we sign him in the Summer I'll be gutted. Think this is only sh*te paper talk anyway

Agree on the price tag, ridiculous.

I know Scotland and Russia aren't the biggest leagues in the world but Russia is a step up from Scotland and he's made that step. Who's to say he can't step up again? Equally he could flop, its the risk we take when signing anyone from another league.

I don't really agree with headless chicken and no end product part. Of course he can do that, every winger seems to go through spells like that. But I think he has quick feet, isn't afraid to take on the defence, has pace and enough skill to get past a man. His cross is average yes, but in fairness Maxi and Dirk aren't much better.

Its a matter of opinion mate and I think we're gonna have to agree to disagree with this one. And you're probably right anyway, just paper talk.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #5: Mar 12, 2011 10:11:01 am
      He would be a sh*te signing and would flop massively, I think he would be poor in the Premiership, he is Pennant without the end product. As I said I wouldn't take him if he was on a free
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #6: Mar 12, 2011 10:20:51 am
      He would be a sh*te signing and would flop massively, I think he would be poor in the Premiership, he is Pennant without the end product. As I said I wouldn't take him if he was on a free

You're opinion mate and who am I to take that from you. I think there is the risk in bringing him to the premier league, the same risk is always there. But at that price tag anyway he can stay where he is. :P
      TartanRed
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 205 posts |
      • Shankly! Shankly!
      Reply #7: Mar 12, 2011 10:31:17 am
      No thank you.

McGeady runs down the wing, stops, turns back and runs, stops, turns back again and runs.....then loses the ball.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #8: Mar 12, 2011 10:38:14 am
      He's sh*te.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #9: Mar 12, 2011 10:51:10 am
      It's caughtoffside, so it's not true.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #10: Mar 12, 2011 11:09:44 am
      Not a team player - soloist. We need wingers to supply, not indulge themselves.

Shame - he has huge talent, far greater than likes of Pennant but just too selfish for me.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #11: Mar 12, 2011 11:21:52 am
      I'm going to refrain from judging him because in fairness to him i haven't seen him play much but whenever i have done, he has played well for Spartak Moscow but he is not somebody that i would be looking to pay £20m for. Would definitely advise that we look elsewhere.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #12: Mar 12, 2011 11:26:55 am
      Oh come on guys... Remember that time he skinned Puyol in a game Barca convincingly won? ;)      a mate of mine used that as his evidence of him being top quality. For around 5m I'd maybe take him but personally never rated him.
      Also a bit of a diva from what I hear, not to mention that and he never played well in big games.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #13: Mar 12, 2011 11:29:19 am
      I've watched him game after game for Ireland has anyone ever told him he should lift his head, he runs down blind alleys, If there wasn't a stand there I think he'd run straight out onto the street.

If we signed him I'd give it  months before people are saying he was a worse signing than Keane
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #14: Mar 12, 2011 11:33:41 am
      I've watched him game after game for Ireland has anyone ever told him he should lift his head, he runs down blind alleys, If there wasn't a stand there I think he'd run straight out onto the street.

I agree (per earlier post) - I don't think it's so much being told to get his head up as much as supplying others is not on his priority list. He's looking for the flashbulb moments
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #15: Mar 12, 2011 11:35:59 am
      Your right Corbally. Iv seen him play plenty and he doesn't lift his head. Can remember plenty of times when he has run at defenders and beat a couple and every raves about him and the crowd goes mad for it but while he is running about he has missed half a dozen chances to play it to a team mate or cross.
      Redmen96
      • Forum Youth Player

• 20 posts |
      Reply #16: Mar 12, 2011 11:44:47 am
      Hazard, Sanchez, Matta, Coentrao and Young are better option that we can look in to.
      And 20mill is to high for him.
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #17: Mar 12, 2011 12:21:34 pm
      No thank you.

McGeady runs down the wing, stops, turns back and runs, stops, turns back again and runs.....then loses the ball.
      ^^^^^^all of the above
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #18: Mar 12, 2011 01:08:34 pm
      20 million? That gave me a laugh.
      Comatorium
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 696 posts |
      Reply #19: Mar 12, 2011 01:21:55 pm
      I would even take Pennant back instead of splashing money on a sub-par player McGeady undoubtly is.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #20: Mar 12, 2011 02:22:23 pm
      He really sucks, wouldn't even take for him 10, probably not even for free as I just can't see him succeed here. Saw him play for Spartak this week against Ajax aswell, not impressed at all. Wingers need skills, and he just doesn't have any.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #21: Mar 12, 2011 03:45:49 pm
      I think he is a very skillfull, tricky player, but not a team player. Not what we need, and not at that price. PASS.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,104 posts | 2762 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #22: Mar 13, 2011 11:02:44 am
      Doesn't score enough goals and his crossing is cack. Yes hell run at an opponent and beat him 3 times out at the corner flag but thats about it

Quick Reply