Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Spurs are stronger now than Liverpool in 2007-Peter Crouch

Read 11477 times
      corballyred
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Spurs are stronger now than Liverpool in 2007-Peter Crouch
      Mar 12, 2011 08:58:19 pm
      Peter Crouch has been doing a lot of the talking for Tottenham Hotspur following their impressive 1-0 aggregate win over AC Milan in the first knock-out round of the UEFA Champions League.

Crouch, whose goal in Milan was the only one scored over the course of two toughly contested legs against the Serie A leaders, announced the Spurs’ arrival in the quarterfinals by insisting that his side is even ready to overcome favorites Barcelona to go all the way to the final in Wembley.

He also subsequently claimed that his teammates at White Hart Lane are more prepared to help London realize its dreams of a first ever Champions League title than the Liverpool squad that lost to Milan in the final in 2007.

On that night in Athens, Crouch came off the bench for the Merseysiders, who lost 2-1 thanks to two goals from Filippo Inzaghi. But having overcome the Rossoneri as a Spurs player already this year, the England international is far more optimistic than he was four years ago.

“Individually we (Tottenham) are a better team. When we (Liverpool) reached the final (in 2007) we were extremely well organised, knew our jobs inside out. But Tottenham have better individuals and better attacking flair going forward,” the 30-year old stated.

Interestingly, the Spurs are right above the Red in the Premier League table, where they currently lead Kenny Dalglish’s men by six points with a game in hand

I completely disagree with this,our midfield and defence was much stronger, their attack is stronger but then we had Kuyt up top with Crouch on the bench. I think Spurs will be knocked out sooner or later.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Re: Spurs are stronger now than Liverpool in 2007-Peter Crouch
      Reply #1: Mar 12, 2011 09:01:16 pm
      Spurs now do remind me of us in 2007

But we got to the final - beating Barca on the way, they wont
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #2: Mar 12, 2011 09:02:49 pm
      Dream on Crouch. Your out in the next round. Might not get Champions League football next year either. Enjoy it while it lasts
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #3: Mar 12, 2011 09:04:40 pm
      I think they have some very good players though, VDV, Modric, Lennon, Bale are all players that would get in the 2007 side and our side today.

Tbh I think the teams are equal but Crouch is very bitter towards Liverpool so I wouldn't listen to him.
      corballyred
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #4: Mar 12, 2011 09:04:40 pm
      And to be honest we should have lost in 2005 but we were the better team in 2007. A midfield of Masch Alonso and Gerrard is something Spurs could only dream about.

Guardiola said we were the better team over the two legs against Barc before he took over and that was a team containing Messi, Iniesta, Xavi and Ronaldinho and people question Rafa. If we had Torres in that final Milan would have been dead and buried.

Milan didn't get a touch of the ball in the first half, Masch had Kaka in his pocket.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,250 posts | 923 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #5: Mar 12, 2011 09:08:39 pm
      Spurs now do remind me of us in 2007

But we got to the final - beating Barca on the way, they wont
      Spurs might get to the final but only by beating who are drawn against !. At least they are in the champions league we are not and the may get into next years champions league we will not, therefore this season they must have a stronger team
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #6: Mar 12, 2011 09:14:29 pm
      No one on this forum can possibly say that Spurs don't have a stronger squad then ours currently. But compared to our 2007 team it's quite even. I would say if both teams played each other it would be a close draw.
      corballyred
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #7: Mar 12, 2011 09:35:36 pm
      We had a stronger starting 11, I think i could be wrong we drew Barc in the quarters maybe the second round, if Spurs draw them now and beat Barc at Camp Nou I'll eat my own sh*t. I fear for Spurs if they draw Barc because I think there defence is awful and they could be absolutely hammered
      ozgooner
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 697 posts |
      • P-38 W-26 D-12 L-0 'Victoria Concordia Crescit'
      Reply #8: Mar 12, 2011 09:57:30 pm
      Ha ha , you'll be out next round Crouchy . Anyone can say they are "ready to overcome" Barca , but to actually do it is a task that is beyond you and your yiddo mates Mr. Crouch
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #9: Mar 12, 2011 10:03:21 pm
      Reading Brian Reade in the Mirror today and he made an interesting point; Spurs cannot afford to go for broke in the Champions League whilst having no guarantee of Champions League football next year. Especially after their win over Milan comes either side of a defeat to Blackpool and a draw with Wolves. The last english team to "live the impossible dream" and qualify and go far in the Champions League against all odds were Leeds. Who failed to qualify the next season and suffered massively for it.

And if you're the superstitious type then it was 10 years ago that Leeds had their Champions League run. Both Spurs and Leeds wear white. Leeds went further in the competition than Arsenal that year as well. They also beat AC Milan on their way to the semi-finals.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #10: Mar 12, 2011 10:11:12 pm
      Renia          Gomez
      Finnan        Corluka
      Agger         Gallas
      Carragher    Dawson
      Riise           Assou-Ekotto
      Pennant       Lennon
      Masherano   Modric
      Alonso         Huddlestone
      Zenden        Bale
      Gerrard        VDV
      Kuyt            Crouch

I will say that their wingers are 50x better then ours, story of our last 10 years.          

fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #11: Mar 12, 2011 10:21:57 pm
      The way I see it only pennant, zenden and Kuyt lose out individually, although kuyt could be debated easily.

F**k off spurs, hope they draw barca because the likes of messi, villa will have a day out.
      corballyred
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #12: Mar 12, 2011 10:25:00 pm
      Mad but true I'd say Pennant was nearly our best player in the final milan really struggled with him
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #13: Mar 13, 2011 12:01:57 am
      Mad but true I'd say Pennant was nearly our best player in the final milan really struggled with him

I agree. I remember watching that match and he was a menace on the right.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #14: Mar 13, 2011 12:07:23 am
      Renia          Gomez
      Finnan        Corluka
      Agger         Gallas
      Carragher    Dawson
      Riise           Assou-Ekotto
      Pennant       Lennon
      Masherano   Modric
      Alonso         Huddlestone
      Zenden        Bale
      Gerrard        VDV
      Kuyt            Crouch

I will say that their wingers are 50x better then ours, story of our last 10 years.         

From that list, we only lose out in two positions.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #15: Mar 13, 2011 12:10:35 am
      I think Modric - Masherano is very debatable.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #16: Mar 13, 2011 01:49:45 am
      I think Modric - Masherano is very debatable.

No, because you should have lined Masch and Huddlestone together (which Masch would win out of the two more defensive players) and Alonso would beat Modric too. Modric is class but Alonso is world class.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #17: Mar 13, 2011 01:53:44 am
      We had a stronger starting 11, I think I could be wrong we drew Barc in the quarters maybe the second round, if Spurs draw them now and beat Barc at Camp Nou I'll eat my own sh*t. I fear for Spurs if they draw Barc because I think there defence is awful and they could be absolutely hammered

Agreed, their defence is terrible, Dawson is a retarded, prone to the big mistake. Assou Ekotto is just laughable I wouldn't have him at LFC not even for free. King and Woodgate are made of glass, Gallas is past his best, Corluka is very poor, Hutton is average, etc...

Barça would make them look like sh*t.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #18: Mar 13, 2011 01:56:28 am
      Renia          Gomez
      Finnan        Corluka
      Agger         Gallas
      Carragher    Dawson
      Riise           Assou-Ekotto
      Pennant       Lennon
      Masherano   Modric
      Alonso         Huddlestone
      Zenden        Bale
      Gerrard        VDV
      Kuyt            Crouch

I miss that back four, Finnan was such a reliable defender, and I loved Riise, don't think we should have got rid of him like we did after only a bad season. Carra was at his best (I remember he was a beast in Spain) and Agger is pure class.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #19: Mar 13, 2011 08:50:07 am
      If they qualify for next years Champions League, get to the final of this years Champions League having beat Barca on the way then I might just give it some credit. Until then dream on. Saying that they are a bunch of media whores so I dont expect them to stop talking sh*t any time soon.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #20: Mar 13, 2011 09:04:44 am
      They have spent a fortune, if they fail to qualify this season it could be another club deputy dog has ruined.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #21: Mar 13, 2011 09:08:08 am
      They have spent a fortune, if they fail to qualify this season it could be another club deputy dog has ruined.

Watch your language.  I quite like deputy dog.

Also, Crouch is horribly wrong.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #22: Mar 13, 2011 10:18:44 am
      “Individually we (Tottenham) are a better team."  

Well then Peter, it shouldn't be much of a problem for you and your team to go one better and win the Cup then, should it? How can you be individually a better team, you cock? Maybe you mean you have more and better individuals within your team? Even then you are wrong, you ugly F**k-wit.

I've read some sh*te in my time but this speak is right up there. Crouchy ....F**k up; you long streak of pish.  :tosser:

Quick Reply