Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Spurs are stronger now than Liverpool in 2007-Peter Crouch

Read 11478 times
      corballyred
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Spurs are stronger now than Liverpool in 2007-Peter Crouch
      Mar 12, 2011 08:58:19 pm
      Peter Crouch has been doing a lot of the talking for Tottenham Hotspur following their impressive 1-0 aggregate win over AC Milan in the first knock-out round of the UEFA Champions League.

Crouch, whose goal in Milan was the only one scored over the course of two toughly contested legs against the Serie A leaders, announced the Spurs’ arrival in the quarterfinals by insisting that his side is even ready to overcome favorites Barcelona to go all the way to the final in Wembley.

He also subsequently claimed that his teammates at White Hart Lane are more prepared to help London realize its dreams of a first ever Champions League title than the Liverpool squad that lost to Milan in the final in 2007.

On that night in Athens, Crouch came off the bench for the Merseysiders, who lost 2-1 thanks to two goals from Filippo Inzaghi. But having overcome the Rossoneri as a Spurs player already this year, the England international is far more optimistic than he was four years ago.

“Individually we (Tottenham) are a better team. When we (Liverpool) reached the final (in 2007) we were extremely well organised, knew our jobs inside out. But Tottenham have better individuals and better attacking flair going forward,” the 30-year old stated.

Interestingly, the Spurs are right above the Red in the Premier League table, where they currently lead Kenny Dalglish’s men by six points with a game in hand

I completely disagree with this,our midfield and defence was much stronger, their attack is stronger but then we had Kuyt up top with Crouch on the bench. I think Spurs will be knocked out sooner or later.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Re: Spurs are stronger now than Liverpool in 2007-Peter Crouch
      Reply #1: Mar 12, 2011 09:01:16 pm
      Spurs now do remind me of us in 2007

But we got to the final - beating Barca on the way, they wont
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #2: Mar 12, 2011 09:02:49 pm
      Dream on Crouch. Your out in the next round. Might not get Champions League football next year either. Enjoy it while it lasts
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #3: Mar 12, 2011 09:04:40 pm
      I think they have some very good players though, VDV, Modric, Lennon, Bale are all players that would get in the 2007 side and our side today.

Tbh I think the teams are equal but Crouch is very bitter towards Liverpool so I wouldn't listen to him.
      corballyred
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #4: Mar 12, 2011 09:04:40 pm
      And to be honest we should have lost in 2005 but we were the better team in 2007. A midfield of Masch Alonso and Gerrard is something Spurs could only dream about.

Guardiola said we were the better team over the two legs against Barc before he took over and that was a team containing Messi, Iniesta, Xavi and Ronaldinho and people question Rafa. If we had Torres in that final Milan would have been dead and buried.

Milan didn't get a touch of the ball in the first half, Masch had Kaka in his pocket.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,250 posts | 923 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #5: Mar 12, 2011 09:08:39 pm
      Spurs now do remind me of us in 2007

But we got to the final - beating Barca on the way, they wont
      Spurs might get to the final but only by beating who are drawn against !. At least they are in the champions league we are not and the may get into next years champions league we will not, therefore this season they must have a stronger team
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #6: Mar 12, 2011 09:14:29 pm
      No one on this forum can possibly say that Spurs don't have a stronger squad then ours currently. But compared to our 2007 team it's quite even. I would say if both teams played each other it would be a close draw.
      corballyred
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #7: Mar 12, 2011 09:35:36 pm
      We had a stronger starting 11, I think i could be wrong we drew Barc in the quarters maybe the second round, if Spurs draw them now and beat Barc at Camp Nou I'll eat my own sh*t. I fear for Spurs if they draw Barc because I think there defence is awful and they could be absolutely hammered
      ozgooner
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 697 posts |
      • P-38 W-26 D-12 L-0 'Victoria Concordia Crescit'
      Reply #8: Mar 12, 2011 09:57:30 pm
      Ha ha , you'll be out next round Crouchy . Anyone can say they are "ready to overcome" Barca , but to actually do it is a task that is beyond you and your yiddo mates Mr. Crouch
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #9: Mar 12, 2011 10:03:21 pm
      Reading Brian Reade in the Mirror today and he made an interesting point; Spurs cannot afford to go for broke in the Champions League whilst having no guarantee of Champions League football next year. Especially after their win over Milan comes either side of a defeat to Blackpool and a draw with Wolves. The last english team to "live the impossible dream" and qualify and go far in the Champions League against all odds were Leeds. Who failed to qualify the next season and suffered massively for it.

And if you're the superstitious type then it was 10 years ago that Leeds had their Champions League run. Both Spurs and Leeds wear white. Leeds went further in the competition than Arsenal that year as well. They also beat AC Milan on their way to the semi-finals.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #10: Mar 12, 2011 10:11:12 pm
      Renia          Gomez
      Finnan        Corluka
      Agger         Gallas
      Carragher    Dawson
      Riise           Assou-Ekotto
      Pennant       Lennon
      Masherano   Modric
      Alonso         Huddlestone
      Zenden        Bale
      Gerrard        VDV
      Kuyt            Crouch

I will say that their wingers are 50x better then ours, story of our last 10 years.          

fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #11: Mar 12, 2011 10:21:57 pm
      The way I see it only pennant, zenden and Kuyt lose out individually, although kuyt could be debated easily.

F**k off spurs, hope they draw barca because the likes of messi, villa will have a day out.
      corballyred
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #12: Mar 12, 2011 10:25:00 pm
      Mad but true I'd say Pennant was nearly our best player in the final milan really struggled with him
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #13: Mar 13, 2011 12:01:57 am
      Mad but true I'd say Pennant was nearly our best player in the final milan really struggled with him

I agree. I remember watching that match and he was a menace on the right.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #14: Mar 13, 2011 12:07:23 am
      Renia          Gomez
      Finnan        Corluka
      Agger         Gallas
      Carragher    Dawson
      Riise           Assou-Ekotto
      Pennant       Lennon
      Masherano   Modric
      Alonso         Huddlestone
      Zenden        Bale
      Gerrard        VDV
      Kuyt            Crouch

I will say that their wingers are 50x better then ours, story of our last 10 years.         

From that list, we only lose out in two positions.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #15: Mar 13, 2011 12:10:35 am
      I think Modric - Masherano is very debatable.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #16: Mar 13, 2011 01:49:45 am
      I think Modric - Masherano is very debatable.

No, because you should have lined Masch and Huddlestone together (which Masch would win out of the two more defensive players) and Alonso would beat Modric too. Modric is class but Alonso is world class.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #17: Mar 13, 2011 01:53:44 am
      We had a stronger starting 11, I think I could be wrong we drew Barc in the quarters maybe the second round, if Spurs draw them now and beat Barc at Camp Nou I'll eat my own sh*t. I fear for Spurs if they draw Barc because I think there defence is awful and they could be absolutely hammered

Agreed, their defence is terrible, Dawson is a retarded, prone to the big mistake. Assou Ekotto is just laughable I wouldn't have him at LFC not even for free. King and Woodgate are made of glass, Gallas is past his best, Corluka is very poor, Hutton is average, etc...

Barça would make them look like sh*t.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #18: Mar 13, 2011 01:56:28 am
      Renia          Gomez
      Finnan        Corluka
      Agger         Gallas
      Carragher    Dawson
      Riise           Assou-Ekotto
      Pennant       Lennon
      Masherano   Modric
      Alonso         Huddlestone
      Zenden        Bale
      Gerrard        VDV
      Kuyt            Crouch

I miss that back four, Finnan was such a reliable defender, and I loved Riise, don't think we should have got rid of him like we did after only a bad season. Carra was at his best (I remember he was a beast in Spain) and Agger is pure class.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #19: Mar 13, 2011 08:50:07 am
      If they qualify for next years Champions League, get to the final of this years Champions League having beat Barca on the way then I might just give it some credit. Until then dream on. Saying that they are a bunch of media whores so I dont expect them to stop talking sh*t any time soon.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #20: Mar 13, 2011 09:04:44 am
      They have spent a fortune, if they fail to qualify this season it could be another club deputy dog has ruined.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #21: Mar 13, 2011 09:08:08 am
      They have spent a fortune, if they fail to qualify this season it could be another club deputy dog has ruined.

Watch your language.  I quite like deputy dog.

Also, Crouch is horribly wrong.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #22: Mar 13, 2011 10:18:44 am
      Individually we (Tottenham) are a better team."  

Well then Peter, it shouldn't be much of a problem for you and your team to go one better and win the Cup then, should it? How can you be individually a better team, you cock? Maybe you mean you have more and better individuals within your team? Even then you are wrong, you ugly F**k-wit.

I've read some sh*te in my time but this speak is right up there. Crouchy ....F**k up; you long streak of pish.  :tosser:
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #23: Mar 13, 2011 10:51:16 am
      yawn
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #24: Mar 13, 2011 10:53:58 am
      No, because you should have lined Masch and Huddlestone together (which Masch would win out of the two more defensive players) and Alonso would beat Modric too. Modric is class but Alonso is world class.

Actually Modric is the more defensive player. You really think that fat F**k Huddlestone can tackle ;D. He's close to Alonso then Masherano.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,353 posts | 1634 
      Reply #25: Mar 13, 2011 10:54:05 am
      It just amazes me when players speak out before they have won anything for fck sake will they never learn get to the final and win it then start spouting you daft c***.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #26: Mar 13, 2011 11:23:02 am
      "...But Tottenham have better individuals and better attacking flair going forward” the 30-year old stated.

Really?

Liverpool 2007 scored only 57 premier league goals (1.5 per game average) - Spurs 2011 have, so far, scored 41 premier league goals (1.46 per game average).

So much for your better attacking flair, not exactly translating itself into goals, eh? It's amazing how folk spout sh*te, offering opinion as fact. Even worse that other folk not only believe the sh*te but regurgitate it as fact.

This F***ing season (NOT 2007) they've only scored two goals more than us in the Premier League and er, em, we've been sh*te.

F**k off Crouchy oh and F**k off anyone who buys into your sh*te.  :tosser:

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #27: Mar 13, 2011 11:46:02 am
      "...But Tottenham have better individuals and better attacking flair going forward” the 30-year old stated.

Really?

Liverpool 2007 scored only 57 premier league goals (1.5 per game average) - Spurs 2011 have, so far, scored 41 premier league goals (1.46 per game average).

So much for your better attacking flair, not exactly translating itself into goals, eh? It's amazing how folk spout sh*te, offering opinion as fact. Even worse that other folk not only believe the sh*te but regurgitate it as fact.

This F***ing season (NOT 2007) they've only scored two goals more than us in the Premier League and er, em, we've been sh*te.

F**k off Crouchy oh and F**k off anyone who buys into your sh*te.  :tosser:

All that attacking flair and then the ball goes to Crouchy, who looks like Bambi on Ice everytime he tries to run.

It's also a usually a good idea to win a trophy or two before shouting your mouth off.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #28: Mar 13, 2011 11:49:56 am
      Talking out of his arse.
      onecoolcookie
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | 10 
      • YNWA JFT96
      Reply #29: Mar 13, 2011 11:51:28 am
      The have a stronger squad because Levy does nothing but throw money Redknapp's way. We didn't and don't have that luxury. However, in terms of starting XI they absolutely do NOT have a team of our strength. They're full backs don't offer much, centre backs don't touch ours and in terms of midfield we had Xabi Alonso and they have Jermaine Jenas - enough said. Strikers are even, but looking at it there's Lennon, Bale, Modric and VDV. Those aside I wouldn't fancy many Spurs players in our team at all. Even by way of comparison I could name 4 players in our squad of equal/better stature.

In conclusion, Shut up Crouch.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #30: Mar 13, 2011 12:28:51 pm
      Of course as a current Spurs player he is going to say that. But unless Spurs get to the final and win then his words won't ring true.
      Out of all the teams above us , I can tollerate Spurs more than the rest, but i'm sure it's only a matter of time before their supporters start getting arogant.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #31: Mar 13, 2011 12:57:25 pm
      Of course as a current Spurs player he is going to say that. But unless Spurs get to the final and win then his words won't ring true.
      Out of all the teams above us , I can tollerate Spurs more than the rest, but i'm sure it's only a matter of time before their supporters start getting arogant.

They're cockney cu*ts, it's natural for them to be arrogant arseholes!!
      mp..
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 90 posts |
      Reply #32: Mar 13, 2011 01:14:22 pm
      They're cockney cu*ts, it's natural for them to be arrogant arseholes!!
      careful, i'm a cockney & am not arrogant! (but I am an arsehole)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #33: Mar 13, 2011 01:21:17 pm
      careful, i'm a cockney & am not arrogant! (but I am an arsehole)

But do you support spurs?  ;)

mp..
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 90 posts |
      Reply #34: Mar 13, 2011 01:23:55 pm
      my mum does
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #35: Mar 13, 2011 01:26:04 pm
      Someone's got to do it.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #36: Mar 13, 2011 07:27:36 pm

......but not stronger than the 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 teams.

Tell you what Crouchie.

I'll start in 1892 just in case I miss a year ..... and that still includes 1962 compared to Totting-ham.
      (The quality of our play was better. ;D)
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,849 posts | 68 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #37: Mar 13, 2011 09:47:52 pm
      Does Crouchy realise that it took Spurs 40 years to get to that team ? ...case closed
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #38: Mar 13, 2011 11:38:31 pm
      To be fair they have a pretty good team now with Van der Vaart, Defoe, Modric and Bale. No reason they can't do what we did in 04-05 and over achieve. But the spine of their team is not as good as ours was in 2007, as corbally pointed out, that team beat Barca over two legs, and deservedly so.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,345 posts | 1531 
      Reply #39: Mar 14, 2011 12:11:37 am
      Why waste time discussing it. It's total bollocks.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #40: Mar 14, 2011 12:50:16 am
      Who cares?

His equally stick model alleged GF cheats on him, and she's only there in the first place cos he's got a few quid.

I'd rather pay a pro - at least you know where you stand, and you don't have to live with the whiny grasping bitches that your shallow arse deserves.

I had a lot of time for him when he was here, but like torres, he seems to feel the need to justify himself.

Personally, I couldn't give a F**k - once they've gone, they're gone.

It's not like either of them was a legend.

I got genuinely upset when it looked like Stevie might go to chelsea - didn't really give a F**k about crouch or nando.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #41: Mar 14, 2011 01:04:12 pm
      I agree. I remember watching that match and he was a menace on the right.
      He was our most used player that season what happend to him?.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1775 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #42: Mar 14, 2011 02:47:06 pm
      Wingers yes. The rest no !
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,945 posts | 5006 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #43: Mar 14, 2011 02:51:15 pm
      Ach who gives a F**k, Crouchy is waxing lyrical and fair play, Spuds are there on merit and tbh they are having a great time, but that time will run its course very soon, the CL is getting down to the nitty and Spuds will be found out soon enough, or so we think, they have beat both the Milan sides but AC were a ageing set of players and Inter were unlucky to go out especially after the 2nd leg, Spurs got the lucky break at the San Siro and held out at the Lane.
       There are some comparisons to our campaign in 2005 when we had a lucky break or two, but lady luck doesn't last and whoever they face next round will be twice as hard as before, in this mad mad season its not beyond the realms of impossibility that Spuds will reach the final but then they will have to face the biggest stumbling block of all...stagefright, you need your big time players to rise to the challenge and i just cant see that happening, can you?
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #44: Mar 14, 2011 02:55:51 pm
      F**k off Crouchy, I actually liked you and now after this you can just piss off.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #45: Mar 14, 2011 03:00:14 pm
      All he's done since leaving us is two things:

1) Talk about how Spurs are better than Liverpool

2) Pull that horrible scowling "fackoff ref (cockney accent)" face about 50 times a game.

Get real Peter, the best years of your career were for us and that's because you were playing with Gerrard, Alonso, Mascherano etc.

Not to mention you left us because you couldn't get in our side.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #46: Mar 14, 2011 03:25:45 pm
       Have to say Spurs do have a good team, they may well be better than the 2007 team but they will need to prove this on the pitch with results, if they win the CL and finish 4th  he will have evidence they are better.
       now it is just talk
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #47: Mar 14, 2011 05:53:17 pm
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #48: Mar 14, 2011 06:35:23 pm
      He clearly has his head in the clouds with this one  :f_whistle:

(I'll get my coat.)
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #49: Mar 14, 2011 07:11:01 pm
      I'm failing to understand why he has bothered to compare Spurs now to Liverpool in 2007. Did like Crouch until he decided to open his gob and talk sh*te. The longer they remain in the Champions League the better chance we have of getting 5th place.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #50: Mar 14, 2011 08:07:40 pm
      Crouchinho is gonna be so sad when he reads this thread. So much hate for the poor young green-panted fella.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,975 posts | 3058 
      Reply #51: Mar 14, 2011 09:01:15 pm
      Why do these fellas want to talk about us? Because they know what they lost....Peter, eh Peter, Peter, Peter can you bloody hear me up there?

Oh you can - then shhhh
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #52: Mar 15, 2011 04:40:59 am
      everyone compares everything to a Liverpool era. it comes with being the best club in the world.

cheers Peter.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #53: Mar 15, 2011 05:48:47 am
      Crouchinho is gonna be so sad when he reads this thread. So much hate for the poor young green-panted fella.

Was thinking that just now.

I don't deserve this. No one does :(

AND LEAVE MY PANTS ALONE!!! >:(

:lmao:
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #54: Mar 15, 2011 08:12:02 am
      I dont listen to the cnut these days.. He sounds like Sir Cliff Richards.. Uncanny..
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #55: Mar 20, 2011 05:32:37 pm
      Today's two goals brings our Premier League goals tally to 41.

Exactly the same as Spurs - the team that Crouchy and the Sky Sports Generation would have us believe is some sort of mythological, force of nature, bristling with "attacking flair".

:tosser:
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #56: Apr 14, 2011 03:59:48 pm
      ;D

at least in 2007 we made the final and qualified for the CL again the following season!
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #57: Apr 14, 2011 04:01:17 pm
      Oh boy did I laugh hard when he got sent off in that first leg.
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #58: Apr 14, 2011 05:27:29 pm
      His comments appear, shall we say, a little far fetched now.  They've had a bit of a good time, but old Harry inherited a lot of good players and in time he will start buying a load of old sh*te  ;)

Interesting to note, for a supposedly superior team, we have scored more goals at home than them!!

Crouchy, next time, think before opening it  ;D
      TartanRed
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 205 posts |
      • Shankly! Shankly!
      Reply #59: Apr 14, 2011 05:35:24 pm
      Gomes anyone?  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,849 posts | 68 
      Reply #60: Apr 14, 2011 08:13:15 pm
      Well i suppose every team is entitled to ONE good season , i did watch the game last night on tv and it was amazing how the commentators and 'experts' bigged spurs up even up to the last 10 minutes ,.....they lost ! simples ! was surprised Kranjar was a sub too .....ex- players should learn to button it though !
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #61: Apr 14, 2011 08:37:01 pm
      Liverpool 4-0 Real Madrid.

That's how you play a Champions League match at home!
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #62: Apr 14, 2011 08:37:32 pm
      Bless.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,345 posts | 1531 
      Reply #63: Apr 15, 2011 12:36:54 am
      Yeah, you lot really looked on fire I must say. Best keep your mouth shut Crouchie, just inviting a disaster.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #64: Apr 15, 2011 02:58:15 am
      Spurs best ever Premier League season and they finish 4th last year.

One of our worst seasons and we finish seventh but only five points behind their best!! Says it all for me.

I think Spurs will end up losing players like Bale and Modric in the next year or two to be honest.
      MaxC
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 504 posts | 15 
      Reply #65: Apr 15, 2011 04:35:19 am
      Crouch is right to some extent because their squad is bigger but we have big match players. No wonder they lost 5-0 to RM who we thrashed some seasons ago. Anyway every dog has his day but we are not going to be satisfied with just qualifying for CL next season now that the viruses in he club are gone and Crouch will one day look back proudly and tell his grandchildren that he was a liverpool player once upon a time and played in a CL final.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #66: Apr 15, 2011 11:03:43 am
      At the end of the day it doesn't matter how good your squad is if you do F**k all with it like Spurs. What is the point in braggng before the end of the season has arrived. Used to think highly of Crouch but now i can't stand the idiot. Like Red Trooper said - ex players should learn to button it.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #67: Apr 15, 2011 05:53:18 pm
      In fact, there are more than 10 teams all around the world who are actually better than the team we had in 2007. :P
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #68: Apr 16, 2011 03:51:30 am
      At the end of the day it doesn't matter how good your squad is if you do F**k all with it like Spurs. What is the point in braggng before the end of the season has arrived. Used to think highly of Crouch but now i can't stand the idiot. Like Red Trooper said - ex players should learn to button it.

They have taken only the 1st step in the knockout round & he start to talk sh*t. Now they are out, you speck too soon son.

You just DONOT have the CLASS of LFC period.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #69: Apr 16, 2011 07:30:35 am
      they have style, flair and sass, they have a couple of hard units, but you're right. no class, no pride, just confidence. sapping by the minute.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #70: Apr 16, 2011 08:06:03 am
      Our 2007 team was made up mostly of Champions League winners, so that was a premature statement from Crouch, and so it proved.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #71: Apr 16, 2011 09:28:47 am
      How's the bench anyway Crouch? ;)
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #72: Apr 16, 2011 09:40:28 am
      Our team vs AC Milan - May 2007      
                   Reina

Finnan Agger Carra Riise

Masch Xabi
      Pennant              Zenden

Gerrard
                         Kuyt

Spurs team vs AC Milan - March 2011              

Gomes     

Corluka Gallas Dawson Assou-Ekotto     

Lennon  Sandro Modric   Pienaar     

VDV 
                            Crouch

Is that right Crouch? Ok no Bale and would obviously take him over Bolo Zended but aside from that the only other player i'd take is Lennon over Pennant.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #73: Apr 16, 2011 10:48:28 am
                   Reina

Finnan Agger Carra Riise

Masch Xabi

Gerrard
                         Kuyt

Gomes     

VDV 
                            Crouch

Is that right Crouch? Ok no Bale and would obviously take him over Bolo Zended but aside from that the only other player i'd take is Lennon over Pennant.

Couldn't agree more.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #74: Apr 16, 2011 12:42:36 pm
                   Reina

Finnan Agger Carra Riise

Masch Xabi

Gerrard
                         Kuyt

Gomes     

VDV 
                            Crouch

And both line ups show it's just a case of sour grapes from lanky arse.

He struggled to get into our team and is virtually a first teamer for spurs, ergo in his ego-driven mind they have to be better than a team he couldn't get into!!
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,849 posts | 68 
      Reply #75: Apr 16, 2011 12:58:42 pm
      Crotch ..sorry Crouch  ;) probably wouldn't get into  our team ahead of Carroll ,and definitely wouldn't win headers against him ,when Crouch was at our club i always felt he was a bit limited in his ability if i'm honest and certainly couldn't jump , his headers are won mainly on size and not athletic ability, ..but there again he does more jumping off the field anyway  ;D
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #76: Apr 16, 2011 04:09:01 pm
      LFC 2007 - runners-up
      Spurs 2011 - 1/4 finalists...
      philh8
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 31 posts |
      Reply #77: Apr 17, 2011 09:28:40 pm
      Peter Crouch been taking sumert?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #78: May 10, 2011 11:22:34 pm
      What was that Peter? 
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #79: May 10, 2011 11:27:34 pm
      LFC 2007 - runners-up
      Spurs 2011 - 1/4 finalists...

Also we finished top four..

Hope we smack these cu*ts and show them who a real top team is.
      soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      Reply #80: May 10, 2011 11:59:24 pm
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #81: May 11, 2011 12:00:34 am
      Might have to go on a mission to shag his bird and tell him I was better than him in 2010. ;D
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #82: May 11, 2011 12:59:28 am
      Might have to go on a mission to shag his bird and tell him I was better than him in 2010. ;D
      Get to the back of a long que bollocks!!
      Abbys mother lives above me and Ive seen her many times OMG what a little minx!!
      I fall asleep many nights dreaming of what it would be like having her below me!  :jackoff: :couch: :tosser:
      an old man can dream can't he?

Anyway Peter you f***in long streak of piss ive got only one thing to say to you
      RAFA, YOUR LACK OF TALENT, SALE, BENCH WARMING.
      Go and get f***ed w**k splash
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,945 posts | 5006 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #83: May 11, 2011 05:41:30 am
      Get to the back of a long que bollocks!!
      Abbys mother lives above me and Ive seen her many times OMG what a little minx!!
      I fall asleep many nights dreaming of what it would be like having her below me!  :jackoff: :couch: :tosser:
      an old man can dream can't he?

Anyway Peter you f***in long streak of piss ive got only one thing to say to you
      RAFA, YOUR LACK OF TALENT, SALE, BENCH WARMING.
      Go and get f***ed w**k splash
        I'd prefer her on top so as i could watch her melons bounce around in rhythm, but hey havin your head polished sounds good too,  ;D
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #84: May 11, 2011 08:53:17 am
      Good goal last night Crouch. Oh wait. . .
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #85: May 11, 2011 02:09:26 pm
      Champions League
      2007...4 years ago. We got through to the finals.
      2011...nowadays. Spurs spurred the chance.

Premier League
      2007...4 years ago. We finished 3rd while Spurs was 5th.
      We scored 57 and let in 27. You scored 57 and let in 54!
      2011...nowadays. We almost got 5th and you couldn't hold your spot.
      We scored 59 and let in 41. You scored 51 and let in 45.

That's 6 goals less than ours in 2007 and you let in 18 goals more than us in 2007.

We'll beat your sorry a**e this weekend and you got nothing to be proud of!
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #86: May 11, 2011 02:14:12 pm
      What a tit son what a tit............but suppose he can home to the lovley abby , eh hang on aint she a liverpool fan ?bet he came in and she just laughed at the lanky streak of piss:)
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #87: May 11, 2011 02:14:44 pm
      Could be argued that the Spurs of this season is not even as good as the Liverpool of er this season. We'll see soon enough
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #88: May 11, 2011 02:20:18 pm
      hahahahaha
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #89: May 11, 2011 02:30:56 pm
      Lets settle the score on Sunday, Peter.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #90: May 11, 2011 02:35:20 pm
      I'm not going to personally offend him because he had a good few years with us which I am entirely grateful for but bloody hell Peter. You look like an idiot now.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #91: May 11, 2011 02:36:24 pm
      Yep, gonna look like a right idiot come Sunday.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #92: May 11, 2011 03:25:45 pm
      Ermm ... what did you say, Peter?
      HoyaRed
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 629 posts | 26 
      • YNWA
      Reply #93: May 11, 2011 06:48:21 pm
      F***ing hell. What was he thinking making comments like that.

R/Madrid brought him down to earth so fast, and they're still trying to recover.

I'm sure he learned how to zip it up, now.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,298 posts | 765 
      Reply #94: May 11, 2011 06:57:21 pm
      Actions speak louder than words, with Sunday's game in mind!
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #95: May 11, 2011 08:28:50 pm
      Are they, Peter?
      igor zidane
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 120 posts | 13 
      Reply #96: May 11, 2011 08:49:27 pm
      RAM IT YOU LANKY STREAK OF PISS