Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

André Ayew (Marseille)

Read 6665 times
      *LFC 4EVA*
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 805 posts |
      • *LFC 4LIFE*
      André Ayew (Marseille)
      Mar 16, 2011 08:40:15 am
      Liverpool strategy director plots €5.5m Ghanaian international swoop
      15th Mar 2011 - Transfer Gossip 
      49 CommentsEmailPrintShare ArchiveLFC To Go
      Liverpool are being linked with a move for Marseille winger Andre Ayew.

Most Recent Gossip
      Real to decide on Canales
      Perotti on Liverpool radar
      Liverpool strategy director plots €…
      Dalglish confirmed in "Next Van …
      Aldo: Carroll can be key
      The Ghanaian international winger impressed for his country during the World Cup in South Africa, and has since shown good form on his return to Ligue 1, with a number of clubs across Europe taking an interest in signing the player.

Liverpool director of football strategy, Damien Comolli, made a personal trip to France on Friday night to watch Rennes take on Marseille, with three players thought to be on the radar of the former Spurs supremo.

Sylvain Marveaux and Taye Taiwo have been heavily linked with the Reds in recent weeks, but Ayew is a new name in the Liverpool frame amidst doubts over the long-term fitness record of Marveaux.

The 24-year-old has missed a large part of this season through injury, and despite being a potential free transfer would still be seen as a possible risk for the Merseysiders.

Ayew, on the other hand, has only recently broken into the first team at the Stade Vélodrome after loan stints with Lorient and Arles-Avignon in the past two seasons.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger was also thought to be in the market for the player, with Arsene Wenger reportedly offering £5 million for the player's services.

Liverpool lead the Barclays Premier League charge for the player's services now though, with Ayew one of a host of wingers linked with a move to Anfield.

Ashley Young, Charles N'Zogbia and Eden Hazard are also thought to be on the Liverpool shortlist as Kenny Dalglish targets a number of changes in the summer, and the Scot appears set to spend come the end of the season.

Source: GiveMeFootball

This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.

Author: GiveMeFootball
      Tagged: andre ayew
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Re: André Ayew (Marseille)
      Reply #1: Mar 16, 2011 11:18:13 am
      Another player from France?  God we've been linked with Frogs so often, might as well call ourselves Miss Piggy (Ar-yah).
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #2: Mar 16, 2011 11:20:09 am
      Thought he played OK last night against the Mancs.

Other than that not seen much of him.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #3: Mar 16, 2011 11:46:52 am
      Not reading too much into it to be honest, like John Henry said pay no attention to everyone we are being linked to through the press as we'd be buying 200 players.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #4: Mar 16, 2011 01:53:04 pm
      This guys the son of Abedi Pele. Far from the finished article, he could turn into a very good player, or he could be a flop.

A risk.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #5: Mar 16, 2011 02:22:44 pm
      He did look like a good player in the World Cup, nothing spectacular but potentially good. Don't know any more about him though.
      harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #6: Mar 16, 2011 02:25:32 pm
      ^ Off topic, but every time I see that pic of Dagger giving Nando a forearm shiver to the chin it brings a big smile to my face :)
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #7: Mar 16, 2011 07:02:10 pm
      Was decent in the World Cup for an overachieving Ghana. The best winger in last night's game vs. the Mancs was Remy in my opinion. Very direct.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #8: Mar 17, 2011 03:27:24 pm
      ^ Off topic, but every time I see that pic of Dagger giving Nando a forearm shiver to the chin it brings a big smile to my face :)
      Yep same here ,top avatar:)
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #9: Mar 17, 2011 03:40:08 pm
      Dont think he is good enough.Think he looked sloppy against the mancs,Think we could Attract better players then this lad.
      Neitsab
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 333 posts |
      Reply #10: Mar 18, 2011 11:32:51 pm
      Ayew is a very talentuous player.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #11: Mar 19, 2011 11:41:48 am
      He didnd't look too bad during their last Champions League game, was sloppy on some occasions. I think the price tag sums up his talent (£5.5m), wouldn't be bad for a squad player but wouldn't be looking for him to be in the starting 11.
      Neitsab
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 333 posts |
      Reply #12: Mar 19, 2011 01:39:49 pm
      £5.5m ? It's nothing. Since the beginning of the year 2011 he's for sure one of the best players of the Ligue 1. He often scores decisive goals or does assists with marseille.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #13: Mar 19, 2011 05:32:15 pm
      I value Neitsab's opinion. Sees him much more then most of us.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #14: Mar 19, 2011 05:42:52 pm
      Agree Redman, Neitsab french isn't he same way I respect Dexter opinion on the dutch league ahead of anyone.

I personally was unsure of the lad haven't seen enough of him but Neitsab has seen him a hell of a lot more and thinks he is good enough that is good enough for me
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #15: May 19, 2011 10:08:31 pm

Liverpool chief Comolli registers Ayew interest with Marseille

Thursday, 19th May 2011

Olympique Marseille Andre Ayew is interesting Liverpool with the English side reported to have started talks for the winger.

Liverpool football chief Damien Comolli has been very active in the French transfer market in the last fortnight.

Local sources say Comolli has registered their interest with l’OM for Ghana star Ayew – along with making an opening bid for Lille star Eden Hazard this week.

Ayew insists he’s happy at Marseille, though admits the interest of clubs like Liverpool and Barcelona “is flattering”.

http://www.ghanasoccernet.com/2011/05/liverpool-chief-comolli-registers-ayew-interest-with-marseille/
      TeslaPhysics
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 985 posts | 32 
      Reply #16: May 19, 2011 10:50:35 pm
      "Like Liverpool and Barca" ;D for those who doubt we're not a big club!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #17: May 31, 2011 04:04:52 pm
      Liverpool to battle Bayern for wing wizard

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/media-watch/liverpool-to-battle-bayern-for-wing-wizard

Reports are coming in concerning the future of Marseille international Ghanaian winger Andrei Ayew as a potential target for Liverpool and Bayern Munich.

Liverpool are looking at various areas within their squad to strengthen and it is no surprise to see Kenny Dalglish interested in Ayew, he has a good reputation and his price is not out of reach of the Anfield board.

Ayew who was born in France, has a buy out clause of 13 million Euros and has now been told by Marseille that he can leave, sparking a rush by clubs to look at the midfielder, a rush that may end up costing Liverpool, if too many clubs show an interest and decide to bid.

Ayew who also goes by the name of Dede the son of former Marseille favourite Abedi Pele, has made 29 appearances for Ghana scoring twice and at 21 has a promising career ahead of him, all in all a perfect target for Liverpool.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #18: May 31, 2011 04:06:59 pm
      Thought he's one of the better players out there when I saw him play for Marseille against us in the Champions League. Also strikes a mean free kick, doesn't he?
      Comatorium
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 696 posts |
      Reply #19: May 31, 2011 04:11:04 pm
      Would be a good signing, he had a wonderful season and was Marseille's best player
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #20: May 31, 2011 05:31:28 pm
      Well, with Alvaro Arbeloa gone and Alberto Aquilani unsure to stay, I think we should bid for him, just so that we still have someone with my initials at the club.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #21: May 31, 2011 06:12:33 pm
      Think we should be aiming a bit higher then some of these French players,don't rate this lad watched him play against the scum did not think he done anything special. 
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #22: May 31, 2011 06:17:06 pm
      He's not even French.

I'm yet to understand why the French league catches such sh*t around here

Quick Reply