Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Diego Perotti ( Sevilla)

Read 10083 times
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Re: Diego Perotti ( Sevilla)
      Reply #23: May 30, 2011 05:21:21 pm
      with sylvain marveux already signed and if this is true about us chasing perotti I can't see us signing Mata IMO

Have we missed something ?
      anfieldroad
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 582 posts | 18 
      Reply #24: May 30, 2011 05:24:38 pm

it was said by many that a pre contract ha been signed.................. ......obviously not :f_doh:
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #25: May 30, 2011 11:00:36 pm

This was the first full match I have watched him play, on senior level ...

Diego Perotti Vs Real Madrid 09/10

Immensely talented player ... Kenny could do wonders with him ...
      rosscoveney
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | -4 
      Reply #26: May 30, 2011 11:20:41 pm

Some of those long passes were Xavi-esk
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #27: May 30, 2011 11:31:03 pm
      I like him. He seems to be a winger that has the raw attributes to be a world beater, pace, power, skill, decent cross, two footed and he seems a very direct winger. He's still only 22 and is available for around 12 million (I think). Seems like a no brainer IMO.

If you've watched him play, you can't deny he has the talent but he hasn't been that consistent. I believe under Dalglish he would get the best from him constantly.  He plays on the left but I've seen him on right a few times when Navas (the best right winger in the world IMO) has not played and he's been brilliant on the right. Hugs the touchline very well but also he gets involved in the play too. Very good passer compared to some other players who've been linked with who haven't got the same passing ability. Very direct, very quick, decent cross, can beat a man and offers width. We need a player like him for years.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #28: May 30, 2011 11:34:56 pm
      Looks a smashing little player,for 12 mill a steal,come on Damien snap him up.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #29: May 30, 2011 11:36:33 pm
      Navas (the best right winger in the world IMO)

Shame that he suffers so much with homesickness :(
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #30: May 30, 2011 11:39:34 pm
      Shame that he suffers so much with homesickness :(

Yep, real shame. Amazing player and probably the best right winger in the world (don't count Messi, Ronaldo, Robben because their more forwards then wingers). Can't think of any that are better.

He went to the world cup with Spain but I don't see him ever leaving Sevilla.
      « Last Edit: May 30, 2011 11:48:54 pm by lfc_ynwa »
      Comatorium
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 696 posts |
      Reply #31: May 30, 2011 11:44:42 pm

Hmm, looks like a diamond in the rough. I'm sure Kenny would do wonders with him.
      Also, he's not exactly on best terms with Guti, that's a massive positive.
      Almost every player looks good in youtube videos though (apart from Diouf, because no-one would make a video about that c**t).
      anfieldroad
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 582 posts | 18 
      Reply #32: May 30, 2011 11:45:55 pm
      looks a talent from what ive seen on youtube i'd prefer him to sylvain marveuax
      Comatorium
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 696 posts |
      Reply #33: May 30, 2011 11:50:18 pm
      looks a talent from what ive seen on youtube I'd prefer him to sylvain marveuax
      There's no downside to Marveaux joining, he has the potential to pleasantly surprise us and I think he'll do just that.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,146 posts | 4897 
      Reply #34: May 30, 2011 11:52:40 pm
      There's no downside to Marveaux joining, he has the potential to pleasantly surprise us and I think he'll do just that.

I won't slate Marveaux if he does sign unless he proves to be another player on a free stopping the development of a young player.

Comatorium
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 696 posts |
      Reply #35: May 30, 2011 11:57:44 pm
      I won't slate Marveaux if he does sign unless he proves to be another player on a free stopping the development of a young player.

If he manages to avoid frequent injuries he'll do a fine job as a cover or an occasional starter.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #36: May 30, 2011 11:58:22 pm
      There can always be a downside mate, he can be a waste of wages and signing on fee. Or are you saying there hasn't been a downside to Jovanovic or Cole either?
      Comatorium
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 696 posts |
      Reply #37: May 31, 2011 12:08:43 am
      There can always be a downside mate, he can be a waste of wages and signing on fee. Or are you saying there hasn't been a downside to Jovanovic or Cole either?
      Yeah, there were, but those two players were about 30 years old, in pretty bad shape for the last few seasons and on massive wages. On the other hand, Marveaux is still only 25, a decent talent, and has been an ever present for Rennes apart from this season. There are downsides, but just little ones that can be overlooked, because this signing has a big big chance to come out good.
      Sorry if I'm being a little bit rude, I'm just excited.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #38: May 31, 2011 12:16:54 am
      Not just apart from this season mate. In the past 3 seasons he's been injured almost 2 whole seasons, his 2008/2009 season was worse than this one, and he's still recovering from an injury as we speak. Can't really say he's in good shape, or not injury prone. And Marveaux will very likely have high wages too, similar to Jova's anyway, and probably a fairly long contract too. Personally I was hoping the days of signing risk players were left behind us when H&G fu**ed off.
      « Last Edit: May 31, 2011 12:21:59 am by Dexter »
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #39: May 31, 2011 02:40:17 am
      There's a whole thread for any discussion regarding Marveaux here.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 69 
      Reply #40: May 31, 2011 06:47:47 pm
      I like the look of this guy. Very similar to Young though ( left winger, right footed ). Would,nt mind him for the right wing. Young can also play right wing so there maybe something to think about with Perotti. Hes young, he undoubtedly has skill and we could pick him up for around 10 mill......sweet.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #41: May 31, 2011 06:58:16 pm
      Young doesn't seem to play well when playing on the right hand side though, he seems to like drifting in side onto his right foot to have a shot every now and then - a bit like Adam Johnson being left footed and being on the right hand side of midfield. I'm not going to start talking about Young because it isn't the relevant thread but regarding Perotti, he seems a decent talent, would definitely be worth a punt at £10m.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #42: Jun 01, 2011 09:12:31 am

The F**k was impressive about that? Runs down the left and then passes it backwards almost every time. One nice cross.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #43: Jun 01, 2011 06:54:15 pm
      The f**k was impressive about that? Runs down the left and then passes it backwards almost every time. One nice cross.

Agreed. I haven't seen much of him but looking up youtube vids was underwhelming to say the least.
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,327 posts | 181 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #44: Jun 01, 2011 07:37:43 pm
      Agreed. I haven't seen much of him but looking up youtube vids was underwhelming to say the least.

I have to agree...

Quick Reply