Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Who Will Get Promoted To The Premier League 2011-2012.

Read 12263 times
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Re: Who Will Get Promoted To The Premier League 2011-2012.
      Reply #23: Apr 25, 2011 07:08:00 pm
      Edit:  Sorry guys jumped the gun a bit, QPR not yet promoted.

Not just you who jumped the gun, a couple of hundred QPR fans at the full time whistle were on the pitch celebrating. :D
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #24: Apr 25, 2011 07:26:31 pm
      Not just you who jumped the gun, a couple of hundred QPR fans at the full time whistle were on the pitch celebrating. :D

Haha, silly QPR fans! :D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13189330.stm
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #25: Apr 25, 2011 08:13:45 pm
      Oh God no, cant stand Neil Warnock, he'll really piss me off next season.  :roll:
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #26: Apr 25, 2011 08:17:27 pm
      Actually smiggers, Dutch media are reporting QPR want Martin Jol to take over next season, among other names. Apparently they want a manager with more international experience.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #27: Apr 25, 2011 08:34:58 pm
      Actually smiggers, Dutch media are reporting QPR want Martin Jol to take over next season, among other names. Apparently they want a manager with more international experience.

Thank F**k for that, anyone but Warnock.  :D
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #28: Apr 25, 2011 11:38:22 pm

Oh that would just be delicious.  I'm with Smiggs on this, I can't stand the fella especially after what he said about LFC.

The look on his face if he was sacked after them getting promoted would be such Karma.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,102 posts | 8523 
      Reply #29: Apr 26, 2011 01:27:07 am
      Oh that would just be delicious.  I'm with Smiggs on this, I can't stand the fella especially after what he said about LFC.

The look on his face if he was sacked after them getting promoted would be such Karma.

I think he already knows, there were a few things in the sundays speculating QPR are going to get shut of him if they get promoted.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,146 posts | 4897 
      Reply #30: Apr 26, 2011 01:29:14 am
      The man is an ar**hole.

Would love to hear him moan if he got sacked after getting QPR promoted!!
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #31: May 03, 2011 12:57:46 pm
      Former FA chief Mark Palios expects QPR points docking 

The signing of Faurlin could cost QPR their Premier League status

Former Football Association chief Mark Palios believes QPR will be deducted points following the hearing into their 2009 signing of Alejandro Faurlin.

The hearing, which started on Tuesday, centres around seven charges relating to the initial deal arising from the Argentine midfielder's ownership.

Palios told BBC Radio 4 that if the club are found guilty they would be docked points based on set precedents.

QPR, who won promotion to the Premier League on Saturday, deny the charges.

On Saturday, Rangers boss Neil Warnock reacted angrily to media claims that the club could be docked as many as 15 points, which would scupper their elevation to the top flight. The FA has since moved to deny that any decision had been made.

The charges facing QPR concern the alleged existence of an agreement between them and a third party in respect of Faurlin's economic rights, and the alleged failure by the club to notify the FA of that agreement before the player was registered to play for them in England.

The club has also been charged with allegedly using or seeking to pay an unauthorised agent as part of the Faurlin deal, while both the club and chairman Gianni Paladini have further been charged with allegedly submitting false information in documents provided to the FA relating to a contract extension signed by Faurlin in October.

"There is a lot of precedent around playing an ineligible player and that ranges from the clerical errors around the transfer window, when they get small points deductions, to more serious situations," said Palios.

"I think following the [Carlos] Tevez affair it is neccessary for a statement to be made. This is more serious than a clerical error, so deserves a points deduction almost certainly.

"The second charge with regard to illegal payment to agents, I think there is a precedent when Luton got 10 points deducted for doing that.

"Interestingly, the FA said they tried and didn't say they actually did make the payments to unregistered agents."

The FA has been investigating the case since September, when QPR first asked for permission to buy out the third party that owned Faurlin's economic rights.

The club was prompted to do this by the Football League's introduction of rules prohibiting the third-party ownership of players.

The League told QPR they would have to notify the FA of their plans and it then became apparent the club may have been in breach of FA regulations for more than a year.

Saturday's 2-0 win at Watford secured QPR's promotion to the Premier League as champions but any definite celebrations have had to be put on hold as the spectre of docked points hangs over the west London club.

If a points deduction is indeed deemed necessary, then Neil Warnock's side could drop into the play-off places. The club would be expected to appeal if the FA rules against them.

BBC Sport understands the Football League has held initial talks with clubs likely to be in the play-offs, regarding potentially switching the dates of the semi-finals if QPR are docked points.

When interviewed on Monday's Late Kick Off programme on BBC One, QPR midfielder Shaun Derry agreed with his manager's assessment that the atmosphere around the club was "like a morgue" following Friday's press reports.

"It was upsetting to read," said Derry. "Especially when it could mean taking away promotion and taking away the fact that winning that game meant we were champions.

"We were going into a derby against Watford and to read that on the Friday, it was hard for the boys."

Derry also underlined the impact a significant points deduction would have on the club.

"It would be disastrous," stated Derry. "We have been the best team this year and we are up there on merit. What a hammer blow it would be to everybody connected with QPR - the players, the staff, the fans especially.

"But you can't even think about it. What we have said all along is to take away what happens this week and celebrate it because if nothing does happen, you don't want to miss out on the celebration."

The reason the case has been brought against QPR is because of rules that were brought in following the Carlos Tevez saga. That case dragged on for two years after Tevez helped West Ham stave off relegation from the Premier League in 2007, despite being owned by a third party.

Sheffield United, ironically then managed by Warnock, went down instead and lodged a legal challenge that ended with the Hammers owing the Premier League £5.5m for breaking the rules and the Blades £20m in compensation.
      West Ham, however, avoided any points deduction that would have taken them down in Sheffield United's place.

QPR have led the Championship table since early in the season and have only lost five times in the league.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/q/qpr/9473285.stm

Not champions just yet.  Really would be ironic if QPR were docked points considering Warnock's involvment in the Tevez affair as well.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #32: May 03, 2011 03:09:41 pm
      The FA stopping another London club from making the top flight? Yeah right!
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #33: May 03, 2011 03:11:44 pm
      I think Norwich will get promoted :)
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #34: May 03, 2011 05:23:17 pm

Norwich are confirmed promotion to Premier League next season. QPR ? Waiting for FA decision on point deduction etc. etc.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #35: May 03, 2011 05:24:23 pm

We'll be losing West Ham most likely, so even more initiative to keep QPR on the way up. London already has Fulham, Tottenham, Chelsea, the Arsenal, and Manchester United :D
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #36: May 03, 2011 06:40:32 pm
      Norwich are confirmed promotion to Premier League next season. QPR ? Waiting for FA decision on point deduction etc. etc.

I think there may have have a been a hint of sarcasm in LL's post.

(N.B. There may also be a hint of sarcasm in mine too) ;)
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #37: May 04, 2011 04:47:11 pm
      Want Forrest to come up purely so i can hate them like my whole family does haha
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #38: May 04, 2011 05:52:58 pm
      I'm really rooting for Swansea. Birthplace of my grandpa :)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,102 posts | 8523 
      Reply #39: May 04, 2011 09:07:04 pm

Probably get a points reduction, but just enough so they still go up.

Actually hope they do get a points reduction just to see Colin w**ker explode with rage.

And this time he can't blame it on Rafa!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,102 posts | 8523 
      Reply #40: May 07, 2011 12:03:15 pm
      So no points deduction for QPR this or next season.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #41: May 07, 2011 12:36:26 pm
      Guilty on two charges, but nothing done. So basically if you are champions or from London do what you want.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,102 posts | 8523 
      Reply #42: May 07, 2011 01:02:46 pm
      The Championship Trophy - It just looks like a proper classy traditional trophy, befitting the champions of English football.

Unlike the Premier League monstrosity
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #43: May 07, 2011 01:05:07 pm
      I think QPR deserve to go up really, I try and follow the championship alot and watch the football league show every week, seen them(QPR)play a few times on sky aswell and they play good football and have some real quality, still hate Warnock though. Norwich will do better in PL though for me, very impressed with Paul Lambert.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #44: May 07, 2011 02:52:39 pm
      I think QPR deserve to go up really, I try and follow the championship alot and watch the football league show every week, seen them(QPR)play a few times on sky aswell and they play good football and have some real quality, still hate Warnock though. Norwich will do better in PL though for me, very impressed with Paul Lambert.

QPR, Norwich up.

Swansea, Cardiff, Reading, Nott'm Forest to fight for last place.

Love to see swansea or cardiff up.

p/s help, how to upload image?
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #45: May 07, 2011 09:50:14 pm
      Use Imageshack !

Don't care now Leeds have failed, I can't stand them !

Quick Reply