Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Liverpool 0-0 Braga (0-1 on agg) Post match emptiness

Read 60221 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Re: Liverpool 0-0 Braga (0-1 on agg) Post match emptiness
      Reply #713: Mar 18, 2011 09:58:04 am

What I would like to see is how we get on in the next 9 games in terms of tactics and results and then I'll give my opinion whether he is the right man for the future. But it is wrong that Kenny can't be questioned and people shouldn't be treated like traitors for questioning him and his tactics.

No issue with that - personally I just take the view that we need more than just a coach at this point in history.
      Plantman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts |
      • Youll*Never*Walk*Alone
      Reply #714: Mar 18, 2011 10:04:58 am
      Crtisizing Kenny is just insane for fucks sake.

We played crap, we should have torn them apart but the players he put on the pitch let him down, i think Carroll did really well, his first 90 mins and if we had better luck he could have had 2 goals....

Our midfield is so poor its unreal, no width no pace, Kuyt frustrates me to god damn much, he gets out wide then scuffs a sh*t ball into the first defender, even i can whip a nice curling cross in!

the bench is abysmal, and Kenny knows he has a massive clear out to do, but he needs players in first.

If most of that team whinge about not being in the CL its because THEY dont seserve it, Braga havnt won F**k all and arsenal spanked them 6-0

we all know the drill, massive work to be done, but i think Carroll showed what an asset he will be with suarez.

Andy
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #715: Mar 18, 2011 10:14:15 am
      yeah, pick a goal 80's boy.

F**k off - you haven't got a F***ing clue about the modern game.

Keep playing those 80's and 90's tapes - who knows, maybe history will repeat the "engine room"

;D @ 80's boy.

Don't get upset because I served you your arse on a silver plate with all the trimmings and showed you for the bullshit merchant that you are.

You say I haven't a clue, Yet I picked your post to pieces and showed it for the shower of sh*te that you were spouting.

How did Lucas play last night Kenny ?

Was he boss ?

His movement and circulation of play really bossed the game didnt it ?

Funny thing is you call me 80's boy then you constantly spout of about Rinus Michels who last managed at club level in wait for it...................... ........................ . oh yes it was the 80's.

Give your head a wobble soft lad, I've forgotten more than you know.
      « Last Edit: Mar 18, 2011 12:39:07 pm by RedLFCBlood, Reason: Put two game didnt it in the same sentance :) »
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #716: Mar 18, 2011 10:18:06 am
      Why is questioning Kenny insane, sentiment does not come into football, any other manager would be questioned. That is the same way he has to be judged. Delighted it is NESV making the decision and not the fans
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #717: Mar 18, 2011 10:21:40 am
      KK is 60, and 20 years behind that red nosed f**ker.
      How much can he learn?

I want to think of him as a legend that he is - not someone who came back and couldn't take us forwards.

And I truly believe he cannot take us forwards.

I'd love to be proved wrong, but sadly, I don't think I will be.
      With the likes of you a supposed supporter sniping, what chance has he got with anyone else? He's been in the job for how long? Give him a F***ing break nobody should have to offer YOU reasons for a defeat you being a "supporter" should give the manager the appropiate leeway and stand off until he has a level playing field.
      You incessantly talk about his tactics and selections losing us the game yet he was seriously hampered with injuries and players being cup tied which also impacted on tactics and selection.
      So wind your F***ing neck in and give Kenny a break.
      Questions have to be asked about your own judgement with the username you chosen whilst you foist this bilge upon us.  
      « Last Edit: Mar 19, 2011 09:11:29 am by stuey »
      Plantman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts |
      • Youll*Never*Walk*Alone
      Reply #718: Mar 18, 2011 10:22:34 am
      Why is questioning Kenny insane, sentiment does not come into football, any other manager would be questioned. That is the same way he has to be judged. Delighted it is NESV making the decision and not the fans

He has taken us from the brink of relegation to a possible europe place and a stuffing of the mancs....he has an incredibally hard job with the squad he has, and lost Torres, bought well in the window and has won the feel good factor back.

The Braga game could have been a win for us with more luck, although, we did play awful.

corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #719: Mar 18, 2011 10:23:14 am
      Way to much sentiment here and I can see exactly why NESV were slow to give him the job on a temporary basis, I fear the fans will not allow the right decision be made in the Summer if it has to be made
      Plantman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts |
      • Youll*Never*Walk*Alone
      Reply #720: Mar 18, 2011 10:27:02 am
      Way to much sentiment here and I can see exactly why NESV were slow to give him the job on a temporary basis, I fear the fans will not allow the right decision be made in the Summer if it has to be made

Eh....he comes in and inherits a sh*te squad, turns the season for the better, brings in 2 quality strikers, yet deserves critisism for drawing a game without Agger, Gerrard and Suarez, and it was Carrolls first game for weeks

a bit harsh mate if you ask me.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #721: Mar 18, 2011 10:31:26 am
      It's not sentiment mate it's the Liverpool way, we were mis-directed by H&G and now they've gone we can get back on an even keel with Kenny at the helm, was he not successful in his first attempt at the post? The reason for his unfortunate departure are well documented but he knows he can do the job now and so do we.
      Carroll9
      • Banned

• 324 posts |
      Reply #722: Mar 18, 2011 11:00:17 am
      still cant believe we were knocked out by braga hahaha. F***ing hell.

not meaning to sound too disrespectfull but oh my god. I just can't believe how sh*t we've gone in the space of two seasons.

Carra, kuyt and lucas in particular need to be upgraded but all of them will be vital squad players to pull through a season. Maybe throwing johnson into this mix now too.

maxi, ngog, poulsen, spearing, konchesky, aurelio, cole, jova, ngog, ngog, sotis, ngog, all need to F**k off and if we are lucky we may raise 1m for them.

we need to go back to basics and bring in british players or proven premiership players. im sick of seeing these ryan babel buys. spalshing out 10m for a lad whoose done nothing in his career and is nothing more than a prospect.

the summer window is vital.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #723: Mar 18, 2011 11:25:46 am
      Just because we have Andy Carroll up front does not mean we have to start hoofing it from 50 yards away.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #724: Mar 18, 2011 11:32:56 am
      Yes, Kenny and Clarke got the tactics wrong (Clarkes recieved praise when our tactics were spot on, he should recieve it too when they go tits up, same as Kenny).

The hoofing stuff was awful, but look at the facts, he picked the best team available in my mind, the squad simply isn't good enough. Theres no pace, theres no width and theres no creativity. Ive asked the question 3 times on this topic to the "football brains" who seem to know than most managers. What tactics they would of employed? I've still yet to see an answer.

Easy to criticse when things go down sh*t creek, yet theres a distinct lack of productive posts with solutions.
      Carroll9
      • Banned

• 324 posts |
      Reply #725: Mar 18, 2011 11:38:02 am
      Yes, Kenny and Clarke got the tactics wrong (Clarkes recieved praise when our tactics were spot on, he should recieve it too when they go tits up, same as Kenny).

What tactics they would of employed? I've still yet to see an answer.

To be honest, it was a big mistake dropping poulsen.
      Plantman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts |
      • Youll*Never*Walk*Alone
      Reply #726: Mar 18, 2011 11:38:42 am
      I would have played Jovanovic and Pacheco out wide for crossing ability and let mereiles have the freedom behind again, but we can speculate what would have worked ans what wouldnt all day long, it comes down to the player who were in that team played sh*te.
      Plantman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts |
      • Youll*Never*Walk*Alone
      Reply #727: Mar 18, 2011 11:39:04 am

;D  :lmao:
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #728: Mar 18, 2011 11:40:17 am

Really?
      SuperSkrtel
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 387 posts |
      Reply #729: Mar 18, 2011 11:43:07 am
      Carra and Skrtel were our playmakers last night says it all for me really we need to bring Aquilani back in the summer or buy another creative midfielder.
      Plantman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts |
      • Youll*Never*Walk*Alone
      Reply #730: Mar 18, 2011 11:43:57 am
      Carra and Skrtel were our playmakers last night says it all for me really we need to bring Aquilani back in the summer or buy another creative midfielder.

Wonder if that could be Adam?
      Burdogcallingbat21
      • Banned

• 692 posts | 38 
      Reply #731: Mar 18, 2011 12:07:52 pm
      Irrespective of Gerrard and Suarez being out, we should have easily beat an extremely average Braga side whose wage bill is probably well within whatever obscene amount we fork out for Cole, Jovanovic and Maxi. Out-thought and out-fought.

Everybody has to take some criticism for last night from Kenny down. Europe is a very different proposition to the domestic game and hopefully the back room team will learn from this capitulation. We were embarrassingly tactically inept and the saw the usual lack of fight and leadership from too many players. Whatever about not having a Plan B, we couldn't even muster up a half-arsed Plan A.

Once again, our distribution from the centre of defence was sub-Sunday league standard without the perennially injured Agger (who'll never be fit enough to rely on anyway if we're honest). The worrying thing is that every game seems to highlight another key position we need to improve in. Centre half, left back, two new central midfielders, both wide positions, a replacement for Reina when he goes and that's probably not an exhaustive list.

Meireles is a nice player with a great touch but without a bit of steel beside him he's never going to take a game by the scruff of the neck. If he gets on the receiving end of a tough - but fair - tackle or two he's anonymous for the next twenty minutes. We've few enough leaders in our ranks and he isn't among them.

Kenny's doing no favours to Wilson by exposing him in the first team. He's been atrocious and always takes the most basic, pointlessly conservative option with his passing, often creating problems for whoever he plays it back to. I know he's only young but contrast and compare to the ballsy, barnstorming displays of Kelly in the recent past. I also know what wing I'd be targeting as an opposition manager with him in our side. Loan him out somewhere for the next year and see how he develops. He's barely League One standard as it is. Let's not destroy his confidence any further.

Cole does his best but the sooner Spurs or West Ham are paying his wages the better.

Maxi Rodriquez is easily the least inspirational Argentinian footballer of all time. I bet he's actually from Bognor Regis. I also wonder whether his excruciating slowness is a put-on as some sort of high concept performance art display.

The service to Carroll was abysmal and he was understandably frustrated from early on. It's a sad state of affairs when he's probably pining for the crosses that facilitated his success at Newcastle.

In the time honoured fashion of the last twenty years, we've followed a hammering of United with some truly dogshit displays while they beat Arsenal and Marseille in games that matter more with consummate ease. Whatever about their so-called decline, the gulf is still colossal, particularly in the mentality of the players. Depressing.

All in all, a pathetic way to end our last slim hope of silverware this season.

Time to give a few youth players a run-out given that our season no longer means anything
      SuperSkrtel
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 387 posts |
      Reply #732: Mar 18, 2011 12:32:07 pm
      Could very well be mate we need someone who can see a pass it's not Mereiles strong point, and for all the work lucas gets through the majority of the time he passes sideways or backwards.
      Plantman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts |
      • Youll*Never*Walk*Alone
      Reply #733: Mar 18, 2011 12:34:03 pm
      Time to give a few youth players a run-out given that our season no longer means anything

I think we all agree with the above, we just have to be patient, Kenny has worked wonders so far with this shower of sh*t, none of them have any right (bar a few) to say "they want champions league football"

I also agree id like to see a few youth players given the odd 20 mins, maybe Morgan and Sterling, i dont want to repeat myself in numerous threads though, we can see the issues, the summer sun will take it all away :)
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #734: Mar 18, 2011 01:27:11 pm
      Worth reminding ourselves of what Kenny has had to work with in Europe

Sparta v Liverpool: Reina; Johnson, Carragher, Kygiakos, Wilson; Aurelio, Maxi, Lucas, Meierles; Kuyt, Ngog
      Subs: Gulasci, Cole, Pachecho, Jovanovic, Kelly, Coady, Skrtel

Liverpool v Sparta: Reina, Kelly, Kyrgiakos, Agger, Wilson, Poulsen, Lucas, Kuyt, Meireles, Cole, Ngog.
      Subs: Gulacsi, Pacheco, Jovanovic, Maxi, Carragher, Spearing, Skrtel.

Braga v Liverpool: Reina, Carragher, Johnson, Skrtel, Kyrgiakos, Lucas, Poulsen, Spearing, Cole, Meireles, Kuyt.
      Subs: Gulacsi, Pacheco, Carroll, Wilson, Ngog, Maxi, Flanagan.

Liverpool v Braga: Reina; Johnson, Carragher, Skrtel, Wilson; Maxi, Lucas, Meireles, Cole; Carroll, Kuyt.
      Subs: Gulacsi, Pacheco, Kyrgiakos, Ngog, Spearing, Poulsen, Flanagan.

1) No Gerrard
      2) No Suarez
      3) Carroll - 1 game plus 30 mins
      4) Kelly (many people's pick since Kenny came back) - 1 game
      5) Agger (many peoples pick at c/h and best ballplayer in defence) - 1 game
      6) Aurelio (closest to a left-back we have) - 37 mins

I'm not saying we shouldn't have done better - but let's be balanced and realistic
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #735: Mar 18, 2011 01:30:42 pm
      I don't buy the we have injuries so we can blame that. Every team has injures, part and parcel of football. If we can't deal with injuries then we won't win F**k all. We have enough numbers in our squad to cope its just that we don't have enough quality players in our squad.

Quality over Quantity.

Quick Reply