Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Liverpool 0-0 Braga (0-1 on agg) Post match emptiness

Read 59865 times
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Re: Liverpool 0-0 Braga (0-1 on agg) Post match emptiness
      Reply #759: Mar 18, 2011 11:13:11 pm
      HEY YOU GUYS  :)
      I come back to home in this morning. The time spent in Liverpool was amazing ! I love the city..
      Yeah St.Patrick's day !  ;D

I felt welcomed by all LFC fans, and the people of the city of Liverpool are very happy and pass it to us.
      Well.. Anfield is just what I was thinking. A fenomenal atmosphere, and a lot of respect by the two sides.

I was right wend I told that I would leave Liverpool with a big smile  ;D
      Was a great night for us.. Many celebrations inside and outside of the stadium, as well as here in Braga. Was a great achievement for us  :)

Like that old song.. (ob-la-de ob-la-da) LIFE GOES ON  ;)
      Cheers !

Well played Magic.

Can't believe you were right when you said that you would leave Anfield with a smile.

Even a broken clock is correct twice a day I suppose!!  ;)

Only kidding mate.......well played and I hope Braga's run continues.
      sandkiller
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #760: Mar 19, 2011 12:14:15 am
      Hey guys,

Not sure if this is considered off-topic or not but... there was a song playing on the stadium before the match started maybe 2 or 3 songs before YNWA which is a rock/punk song, instrumental, very cool but I can't remember from who it is?  :f_wah:

Anyone who was on the stadium remembers??  ???

Thx a lot mates
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #761: Mar 19, 2011 12:16:15 am
      Remmember any of the lyrics? :P
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #762: Mar 19, 2011 12:36:53 am
      HEY YOU GUYS  :)
      I come back to home in this morning. The time spent in Liverpool was amazing ! I love the city..
      Yeah St.Patrick's day !  ;D

I felt welcomed by all LFC fans, and the people of the city of Liverpool are very happy and pass it to us.
      Well.. Anfield is just what I was thinking. A fenomenal atmosphere, and a lot of respect by the two sides.

I was right wend I told that I would leave Liverpool with a big smile  ;D
      Was a great night for us.. Many celebrations inside and outside of the stadium, as well as here in Braga. Was a great achievement for us  :)

Like that old song.. (ob-la-de ob-la-da) LIFE GOES ON  ;)
      Cheers !

Nice one mate - well done to you, we were not good enough on the night.

All the best in the competition :)
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #763: Mar 19, 2011 08:59:18 am
      left it late to get over the dissapointment before posting. ( still haven't though) Just thought we went down the middle too often and never had the individual confidence to run at them down the flanks. The times Johnson had 1 player in front of him and instead of taking him on and trying to get past him and get a cross in, he opted to turn around and go backwards. He wasn't the only one though. I did think we would have to go route one occasionally, but it was far too often and predictable. Once again we have been shown up by our lack of cunning and guile in mid field. Agger was deffo missed at the back and would have calmed things down a bit. Can't say the lads didn't give it 100 % effort but once again, just comes down to a lack of footballing quality in too many area's. If we had a full squad fit it may have been different but we do need better options when we have injuries. Roll on summer for a big spending spree. No europe next season, who are we likely to attract ?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #764: Mar 19, 2011 09:25:07 am
      Went to the game last night and not had time to come on here since.

Some 'fans' were comical last night though, calling for Carroll's head, god knows what they expect for a player coming back from an injury and into a whole new team! :f_doh:
      Believe it or not Sarah there were actually people on this very forum castigating Kenny Dalglish and putting the blame on his shoulders!!!   :o   Never I hear you cry, well backtrack and the evidence is there. I wonder what reaction such comments would provoke at the ground? 
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #765: Mar 19, 2011 09:34:11 am
      Believe it or not Sarah there were actually people on this very forum castigating Kenny Dalglish and putting the blame on his shoulders!!!   :o   Never I hear you cry, well backtrack and the evidence is there. I wonder what reaction such comments would provoke at the ground? 

I know fancy people being rational and blaming the manager for a defeat.  It was his fault, the man is a king not a god.  Carroll did nothing wrong, surface to air missiles kept being launched at him, he just kept trying to challenge for them (very successfully, I might add).  Kenny was to blame for last night as much as he is responsible for the charge back up the table, this isn't a cheap shot at the man, this isn't a call for his head, this isn't a call for a new full-time manager at the end of the season, it's just a fact.  Move on and stop getting so emotional over it.

I've got no doubts that Kenny himself wants what's best for the club and that would include not blindly following him if you think he's not the man to take us forward.
      sandkiller
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #766: Mar 19, 2011 10:40:10 am

Just drums, guitar and bass, no voice...

It's hard to tell what it was.

They could post the playlist online though... :P
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #767: Mar 19, 2011 12:06:53 pm
      I know fancy people being rational and blaming the manager for a defeat.  It was his fault, the man is a king not a god.  Carroll did nothing wrong, surface to air missiles kept being launched at him, he just kept trying to challenge for them (very successfully, I might add).  Kenny was to blame for last night as much as he is responsible for the charge back up the table, this isn't a cheap shot at the man, this isn't a call for his head, this isn't a call for a new full-time manager at the end of the season, it's just a fact.  Move on and stop getting so emotional over it.

I've got no doubts that Kenny himself wants what's best for the club and that would include not blindly following him if you think he's not the man to take us forward.
      What else do you want to blame him for? The word scapegoat springs to mind.
      There were eleven professional footballers out there some of whom are here thanks to our previous incumbent, they are paid handsomely to display their skills, there were key players injured and apart from Kenny getting on the pitch what the hell could he do to affect anything?
      The majority of the side were underperforming and we do not have the strength in depth to rectify the failing this again is not Kenny's fault but a direct result of the catastrophic procedure of the previous owners and their puppet manager.
      So pull your neck in and take a more balanced outlook at the bigger picture, we are moving in the right direction but the occasional F**k up is to be expected especially at this stage of the game.

edit:Who would you suggest is the right man to take us forward? 
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #768: Mar 19, 2011 12:34:20 pm
      What else do you want to blame him for? The word scapegoat springs to mind.
      There were eleven professional footballers out there some of whom are here thanks to our previous incumbent, they are paid handsomely to display their skills, there were key players injured and apart from Kenny getting on the pitch what the hell could he do to affect anything?
      The majority of the side were underperforming and we do not have the strength in depth to rectify the failing this again is not Kenny's fault but a direct result of the catastrophic procedure of the previous owners and their puppet manager.
      So pull your neck in and take a more balanced outlook at the bigger picture, we are moving in the right direction but the occasional F**k up is to be expected especially at this stage of the game.

edit:Who would you suggest is the right man to take us forward?

I blame him for how the team performs.  There's no scapegoating going on, that's how the cookie crumbles in the world of professional football.  How about you pull your neck in and realise that I understand there will be the occasional hiccup (of which last night was one of them) but to completely absolve blame from Dalglish is frankly laughable.  I think Kenny should be given the job on a 2 year deal but people on here are like religious zealots thinking the man is infallible for the performance against Braga which was sub-par.  It's dangerously unhealthy to think he is capable of doing no wrong.  He fu**ed up last night, I still think he's shown enough in his time here to warrant a 2 year deal.

edit: On the plus side, nobody will ask why Carroll is wearing number 29 for the rest of the season.
      « Last Edit: Mar 19, 2011 01:58:29 pm by vitez »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #769: Mar 19, 2011 02:28:15 pm
      edit: On the plus side, nobody will ask why Carroll is wearing number 29 for the rest of the season.

He's not, that was just for the Europa League, Carroll will continue to wear the number 9 in the league games!!
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #770: Mar 19, 2011 02:40:55 pm
      He's not, that was just for the Europa League, Carroll will continue to wear the number 9 in the league games!!

I know, my wording was just a little poor there.  What I meant to say was at least nobody would be asking why Carroll is wearing the number 29 again [because as we all know he'll be back to number 9 for the league].
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #771: Mar 19, 2011 04:02:22 pm
      I blame him for how the team performs.  There's no scapegoating going on, that's how the cookie crumbles in the world of professional football.  How about you pull your neck in and realise that I understand there will be the occasional hiccup (of which last night was one of them) but to completely absolve blame from Dalglish is frankly laughable.  I think Kenny should be given the job on a 2 year deal but people on here are like religious zealots thinking the man is infallible for the performance against Braga which was sub-par.  It's dangerously unhealthy to think he is capable of doing no wrong.  He fu**ed up last night, I still think he's shown enough in his time here to warrant a 2 year deal.

I am absolving no one of nothing what I am saying is the players must shoulder any criticism for an abysmal excuse of a performance. What are you saying? that Kenny instructed the team to go out there and act like a Sunday pub team and told Jamie to rocket the ball at every opportunity?
      They didn't do the job they are well paid to do and the immediate calls for dead wood removal by the vast majority is proof enough as to where the responsibity for the debacle lies.
      thanks2shanks
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 286 posts | 28 
      Reply #772: Mar 19, 2011 04:18:32 pm
      Terrible lack of creativity was the most striking feature against Braga.  Yes, we were lacking Stevie G and Suarez, but we should be able to pose much more threat even without them.  Yossi was the kind of player who could do something different in a match like this, but Joe Cole shows no sign of matching him on that front.

Without a live-wire like Suarez to feed off him, Carroll was a lonely figure. Only when we get proper wide players will we see the best of him.

Above all, what we've missed since Alonso left is a quality passer in central midfield.  We should have spent a bit extra to get Charlie Adam. 

vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #773: Mar 19, 2011 04:27:21 pm
      I am absolving no one of nothing what I am saying is the players must shoulder any criticism for an abysmal excuse of a performance. What are you saying? that Kenny instructed the team to go out there and act like a Sunday pub team and told Jamie to rocket the ball at every opportunity?
      They didn't do the job they are well paid to do and the immediate calls for dead wood removal by the vast majority is proof enough as to where the responsibity for the debacle lies.

So it's the fault of the players now?  Why wasn't Hodgson kept on then, because it was all the players fault right?  Give me a break.  The blame ultimately lies at the feet of the manager, he did nothing to change anything.  No need to get your knickers in a twist, we all make mistakes - after all, we're only human.

The immediate calls for dead wood removal by the vast majority are tremendously overplayed.  We have used over 20 players this year under Dalglish and the vast majority are current full internationals bar 7 IIRC: Cole (was an international a few months back in the world cup), Aurelio (never has been), Spearing (never will be), N'Gog (France u21 international), Kelly (England u21 international) and Kyrgiakos/Carragher who both just retired from national team duties.  

Everyone loves a scapegoat and the squad is just the current one, it needs a few additions to the first team so some of the current first team can assume a substitute/squad role and it will be up there as one of the best in the league.  I'll give you depth is killing us but it sure is amazing how after a defeat half our squad is "not good enough" but two weeks ago it was enough to humiliate the league leaders.  

Depth required?  Absolutely.  A gutting of the squad?  Overreaction.

PS. Doesn't the manager get paid to motivate the team and make changes when someone isn't doing what is asked of them?
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #774: Mar 19, 2011 04:34:03 pm
      Being an international says nothing about a player's quality. Look at Poulsen, captain of the Danish national team, he must be brilliant!
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #775: Mar 19, 2011 04:44:35 pm
      You can't really blame Kenny for the way the match turned out though.

He sent the lads out there with tactics and a week fully focused on this match.
      To be fair, we should have beaten Braga. Our players are (theoretically) better than theirs. But we didn't win, because actually, we have a lot of under-performers in our team. For example, I lost count the amount of times Kuyt was offside and for me it was like we only had 10 players, Maxi wandered around most of the match not offering much at all. Now, that's not Kenny's fault is it? But they influenced the outcome of the match.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #776: Mar 19, 2011 04:55:37 pm
      Alright, so we've established it's the players fault.  Why did Hodgson have to go then?

Why is it so hard for people to accept that Kenny is capable of making mistakes and that last night was one of them?  I'm not saying he should be relieved of his duties (in fact, I'm of the opinion that he should get the deal on a full-time basis) but this is a dangerous situation people where you'll absolve the manager of any blame when ultimately nothing could be further from the truth. 

Admittedly, some leniency can be granted (but surely not to the extent that the blame solely lies on the players' shoulders entirely) but this is a dangerous position to be in when the supporters think their manager can do no wrong.  I think it's fair to say the overwhelming majority of us think he's been great in transforming our fortunes in such a short period of time and believe that he will continue to do so given time and adequate investment but blind faith is very scary for the future of LFC.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #777: Mar 19, 2011 05:03:11 pm
      The tactics were awful the players don't set them, jaysus I dunno how people are trying to abstain Kenny from this with a straight face.

If Hodgson produced a performance like that, and someone blamed the players for not being good enough they would be castigated on here.

Kenny has to be judged the same as every other manager.

It is absolutely ridiculous some of the stuff on here the last few days, Kenny got his tactics horribly wrong some people are honest enough to admit others are making up every F***ing excuse under the sun to excuse Kenny from the shambles
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #778: Mar 19, 2011 05:11:00 pm
      Stats show Kenny has not been trying to play long ball since he became our manager.

He got the tactics wrong on Thursday. It happens.

That one game is NO reason for people saying he isn't the right man.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #779: Mar 19, 2011 05:12:26 pm
      I'm reserving my judgement and that annoys people, we have been sh*te in 4 of the last 5 games not just on Thursday so I want to see how Kenny gets on in his last 9 games
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #780: Mar 19, 2011 05:13:14 pm
      It is absolutely ridiculous some of the stuff on here the last few days
      Think everyone can agree on that.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #781: Mar 19, 2011 05:19:42 pm
      Some people would give him the job now others would wait till the end of the season, F**k sake this is a forum everyone is entitled to an opinion whatever the F**k it is.

It is 100% righ that his position is being discussed unless people forget he was appointed on an interim basis.

Kenny is not permanent at the moment and thus why his position is being discussed. If he was permanent that is a whole different story

Quick Reply