Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Liverpool 0-0 Braga (0-1 on agg) Post match emptiness

Read 60348 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Re: Liverpool 0-0 Braga (0-1 on agg) Post match emptiness
      Reply #782: Mar 19, 2011 05:23:53 pm
      Thankfully for us you dont have a say and the deal is almost certainly done.Never heard such sh*te in all my life.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #783: Mar 19, 2011 05:25:28 pm
      It is clowns like you walton I'm f**king talking about, thankfully for the club as well lads like you have f**k all say, football is not about sentiment, it is what is best for Liverpool FC not Kenny, think your forgetting that, unless you've a crystal F***ing ball.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #784: Mar 19, 2011 05:32:25 pm
      Yes more sh*te if it continues like this I will ban myself.Its funny you seem to be in a minority of one your right everyone else is wrong.
      « Last Edit: Mar 19, 2011 08:46:32 pm by waltonl4 »
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #785: Mar 19, 2011 05:37:55 pm
      No one is right and no one is wrong, it is a forum about F***ing opinions unless as I've said you've the talent to see into the future, stop being a F***ing ape.

What exactly did I say that was sh*te, this is a forum, people have different opinions, or Kenny was appointed on an interim basis because I maybe wrong here but I thought the 3 of them were facts.

You should read my posts properly before wading in with F***ing sh*te. I thought the tactics were poor the other night, discuss or would you rather wade in with sh*te to look the big man
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #786: Mar 19, 2011 06:22:56 pm
      Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish has warned his players they cannot afford to fall into the trap of becoming a long-ball team with Andy Carroll in the side.

The 6ft 3ins striker has already displayed an impressive aerial dominance in his three appearances since his £35million British record move from Newcastle.

However, in Thursday's Europa League exit to Braga there was an over-reliance on getting the ball up to him early with the three of the back four in Jamie Carragher, Martin Skrtel and Danny Wilson launching frequent long passes upfield.

Too often the England international received a diagonal ball 30 yards out with his back to goal and so rarely did his team-mates put in dangerous crosses that he only really threatened from corners.

It is perhaps an understandable tendency to try to utilise your greatest strength at every available opportunity but Dalglish wants to see more variety in their play.

"Andy has tremendous assets which we have to learn to get the best out of and we have got assets that will help," said the Scot.

"But he has to learn how we can get the best out of him.

"We have to fuse the two things together, play to his strengths but also play to ours and it will take a bit of time to get it working.

"The quicker they get gelling with each other the better it will be for everyone but I think the signs are very positive."

Liverpool's visit to Sunderland tomorrow will be aided by the return of livewire forward Luis Suarez, who was instrumental in the 3-1 win over Manchester United but was ineligible for Europa.

The Uruguayan gives the Reds a different dimension with his energy and ability to go past people but he has only had 15 minutes on the pitch with Carroll since the pair joined in January.

His return to the side will give the rest of the players a boost, although Dalglish has to find a way to lift his squad after their European disappointment.

"It is frustrating when you can beat a team like Manchester United and then not get past Braga but I suppose every team has their frustrations," said the 60-year-old.

"Results are unpredictable for every club. For us we did beat Manchester United at Anfield but we never gloated or dwelt on it, we took the three points enjoyed the moment and then moved on.

"The two games since then we lost away to a penalty in Braga and we drew 0-0 here.

"We could have done with a bit of luck, especially at home, but that is the way football is.

"I don't think Braga, with all due respect to them, are in the same class as Manchester United but they never conceded a goal and we never scored so over two legs, and if you don't score, you are not going to win many games are you?

"They tried as much as they could, ran as hard as much as they could but it never happened.

"We have always tried to encourage and instruct and direct in the right way and I don't think we will change that.

"I don't know how you can change it. The players are there and they have to be helped, but sometimes we make mistakes as well.

"We have to make the minimum amount of mistakes as we can and the players have to as well and we will all work together and see where it takes us at the end of the day."

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-must-resist-temptation-to-play-long-balls-to-Andy-Carroll-warns-Kenny-Dalglish-article715277.html

Sounds like a man who didn't really say go out there and hoof it.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #787: Mar 19, 2011 06:24:51 pm
      As I said Redman, it would worry me more if the players hadn't carried out what the manager said and decided themselves to play the hoof ball we saw.
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #788: Mar 19, 2011 06:57:14 pm
      As I said Redman, it would worry me more if the players hadn't carried out what the manager said and decided themselves to play the hoof ball we saw.

I can definitely agree with you. Just think the hoof ball sh*te is split between Kenny and the players (Carra) at this point. Kenny surely told them Carroll is an outlet for them to put the ball into. Not to go out there and use it as much as they did.

We'll see tomorrow, surely.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #789: Mar 19, 2011 07:01:37 pm
      Agree tomorrow will be very interesting, not confident but keeping my fingers crossed
      Magic_Braga
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts |
      Reply #790: Mar 19, 2011 07:51:37 pm
      Thank's to all the people of lfcreds who wished luck to my Braga in Europa League  :)
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #791: Mar 19, 2011 08:45:22 pm
      No one is right and no one is wrong, it is a forum about f**king opinions unless as I've said you've the talent to see into the future, stop being a f**king ape.

What exactly did I say that was sh*te, this is a forum, people have different opinions, or Kenny was appointed on an interim basis because I maybe wrong here but I thought the 3 of them were facts.

You should read my posts properly before wading in with f**king sh*te. I thought the tactics were poor the other night, discuss or would you rather wade in with sh*te to look the big man
      No still posting sh*te.You started something you could never finish but aren't man enough to say so.
      I have never heard or read anything so ludicrous as questioning Kenny's suitability.If you knew anything about the man he would be the first person to acknowledge the job is too big for him.
      He has taken us up the table beaten Chelsea away and stuffed UTD at home and because we were lightweight against a team that beat us 1-0 over 2 legs a team that beat Arsenal 2-0 his validity as our manager is in question.Was it in question after the UTD game I have checked and there was no mention then of his ability.You are in a tiny minority but you seem to think you have a right to be heard well no-one but your ego is listening.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6735 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #792: Mar 19, 2011 09:53:30 pm
      Couldn't even bring myself to coming on here the last few days. Sorry but still F***ing gutted we are out of Europe.  :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah:

Just hoping the lads can pick themselves up after that sh*te performance and go and get 3 points at Sunderland. It's gonna be tough and after that performance I'm bereft of confidence but the bright spark is that Suarez will play and hopefully a masterclass from him can take away the pain we are all feeling.  :f_wah:
      Magic_Braga
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts |
      Reply #793: Apr 11, 2011 01:56:41 am
      Liverpool - SCBRAGA: O dia em que a cidade dos Beatles foi conquistada

The best of luck for Liverpool until the end of the season.. You deserve it more than anyone  ;)
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #794: Apr 11, 2011 02:13:47 pm
      If this is a wind up then piss off.

If it aint then thanks but we dont do luck. We do results and history.

Watch and Learn Port-u-geezer.    Look out for Istanbul 2005 being posted on a Braga forum near you.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #795: Apr 11, 2011 04:16:21 pm
      Don't see the need to bump, or to criticise.

Lockity lock!

Quick Reply