Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W5 D1 L1

Liverpool 0-0 Braga (0-1 on agg) Post match emptiness

Read 60890 times
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Re: Liverpool 0-0 Braga (0-1 on agg) Post match emptiness
      Reply #644: Mar 17, 2011 11:37:41 pm
      I love him to bits, but he was out of the game a long time, and as with everything in life, things have moved on.

The whole thing about been a manager is it is a learning curve,You never stop learning as a manager or a footballer.Kenny is learning every day and will continue to learn,You said you would like a younger more vibrant manager,i think that would be a smack in the belly with a wet fish to Kenny,We will have better reinforcements next year and Kenny will know more about European football after tonights result.The long ball tactic did not work we lost F**k it we move on. :mad:

KK is 60, and 20 years behind that red nosed f**ker.
      How much can he learn?

I want to think of him as a legend that he is - not someone who came back and couldn't take us forwards.

And I truly believe he cannot take us forwards.

I'd love to be proved wrong, but sadly, I don't think I will be.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #645: Mar 17, 2011 11:39:28 pm
      Blackburn didnt play hoofball, they had Ripley and Wilcox on the wings who were both skilfull wingers who had the pace and trickery to beat their man and whip a cross in, Greame Le Saux  who was one of teh best attacking full backs in the country and Ian Pearce at Fullback, yes they may have scored a lot of headed goals but that didn't come from "Hoofing" the ball up field, the majority of blackburns goals came from building attacks from the back either through the centre or the wings with the wingers or full backs pushing on high up the pitch getting to teh byline and whipping a cross in, which was teh perfect foil considering they had arguably two of the best forwards in the air in the game in Shearer and Sutton.

They played F***ing hoofball.

They never played anything like good football, and were luck to win the league.

They had to rely on US getting a result to win it.

That's not the mark of a good team - that's the mark of a lucky team.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #646: Mar 17, 2011 11:40:20 pm
       I defo understand where KIK is coming from here. Love Kenny and all but I'm not sure if he is the long term solution I would like to see how the last 9 league games go.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #647: Mar 17, 2011 11:40:50 pm
      Kenny was brought in to push us up in the league and the priority was not the Europa League. Yes we should be gutted but the real tests are against the teams we play in the league like Sunderland this weekend.

Disagree with you on the priorities there FMS....NESV made it very clear when they took over and reiterated several times that Europa was of the utmost importance and would be our only way in to Europe next year.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #648: Mar 17, 2011 11:41:13 pm

as other have mentioned perhaps a username change is in order.

KennyIsOutdated
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #649: Mar 17, 2011 11:41:44 pm
      Would they? I dunno - we're distorted here by transfer fee / wages. Yes they're bigger names - didn't look like bigger or more important players than Braga to me. I do get what you mean though - and it wasn't good nough
      Yes, no doubt in my mind. The Portuguese league is very average. With the exception of Porto, the teams are comparable to the Dutch league teams. We've been playing like crap, that's why we haven't looked like it. And don't forget, Meireles played in their league last season for Porto.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #650: Mar 17, 2011 11:44:16 pm
      We came 7th under Rafa playing sh*te football, we were 12th under Hodgson playing sh*te football, we have played sh*te in most games under Kenny too. Is it the managers who are sh*te or is it maybe that when we lose the few players we have that have any pace we play sh*te.  I prefer to think its the players, we just need an injection of pace in the team. 
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #651: Mar 17, 2011 11:44:51 pm
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #652: Mar 17, 2011 11:45:05 pm

No they didn't thats bollocks.

They never played anything like good football, and were luck to win the league.

Thats also Bollocks.

That is also Bollocks they played us the final game of their title winning Season and they needed 3 points of us to guarantee the league title, we won the game and Blackburn needed Man United to draw or get beat from what I remember, which duly happened and they were crowned Champions.

Thats bollocks too, its like your saying they got lucky in every game they played to take them to a league title ?

U'm Ok.  :roll:

Complete loads of Bollocks Kenny and you know it, your just trying to bend the truth to make your argument look that little stronger.

Loads of hoofing eh.

Blackburn Rovers goals 1994-95
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #653: Mar 17, 2011 11:45:22 pm
      Ya the players are sh*te but no excuse for Wimbledon style tactics
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #654: Mar 17, 2011 11:45:32 pm

It is an open forum and as long as there is no disrespect to other member people can have any opinion they want....My opinion is that it is doubtful that there are any posters on this forum with enough experience to be a judge of Kenny Daglish.

Matter of fact probably very few of his own peers have the right to pass judgment on the man, he has probably forgotten more then the collective here knows total.

I am not worried about him...team is a concern imo because of the lack of quality...I may be pretty new and ignorant on football but when I see Suarez and then I look at the rest of the sqaud I don't see much.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #655: Mar 17, 2011 11:46:06 pm
      Meireles could be a confidence player or isn't going to be any kind of complete midfielder, I think he doesn't have that instant comfort on the ball. Not sure you could build a midfield around him as the playmaker.

Didn't even see much of Lucas...

Don't think we should hold on to Joe Cole at all.

Imagine if Kuyt was on the end of that Meireles free kick instead of N'gog.

can't be bothered commenting on much else. disappointed we're out and would be disappointed if we don't gun hard for 5th but won't be annoyed if we don't play Europa next season.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #656: Mar 17, 2011 11:47:34 pm
      KK is 60, and 20 years behind that red nosed f**ker.
      How much can he learn?

I want to think of him as a legend that he is - not someone who came back and couldn't take us forwards.

And I truly believe he cannot take us forwards.

I'd love to be proved wrong, but sadly, I don't think I will be.

Only time will tell but i think Nesv think he is the man for the job i think they will give him a 2 year deal.I had a gut feeling we would play long ball tonight,With Carroll in the team and no wingers on the pitch it was the only way of getting the ball to him,cause our midfield were muck.I personally think if kenny had 3-4 better plays to choose from we would of bet them.You only had to look at our bench to see how weak our team were.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #657: Mar 17, 2011 11:47:38 pm
      Do you think John Henry and Tom Werner have the experience in football to judge himor what about the 38 year old scout Comoli.

I just hope the owners make the right decision in the Summer. I'm not sure what that is yet the next 9 games will say a lot
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #658: Mar 17, 2011 11:48:04 pm

Eh? What are you on about? We played Blackburn in the final game, they needed to beat us - and didn't, United needed a result from us, not Blackburn. United didn't win their game though and the league went to Blackburn.

Your talking rubbish fella.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #659: Mar 17, 2011 11:51:00 pm
      Agree with KIK Blackburn did not play free flowing football, they were a dogged, a physically strong team that played a rigid 4-4-2. SAS played a large part in them winning the title, didn't think they played great football to be honest
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #660: Mar 17, 2011 11:56:19 pm
      Agree with KIK Blackburn did not play free flowing football, they were a dogged, a physically strong team that played a rigid 4-4-2. SAS played a large part in them winning the title, didn't think they played great football to be honest

Sorry Corbally I have to disagree they were an exciting team to watch.

Watch this and refresh your head.

Blackburn Rovers goals 1994-95

Now tell me any of that was not flowing football.

A lot of their goals may have come from the wings but they were free flowing.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #661: Mar 17, 2011 11:56:21 pm
      I defo understand where KIK is coming from here. Love Kenny and all but I'm not sure if he is the long term solution I would like to see how the last 9 league games go.

Ah well, suppose it makes a refreshing change for you not to be blaming Lucas for this one.

;)

Anyway, not long back from the game so I know you're all desperate to hear my miserable moaning analysis.

Sh*te it was.

Joe Cole and Maxi Rodriguez cost less than it costs me to buy a carrier bag in Marks and Spencer.  And do you know why clubs let them leave for nothing?

Because they're both sh*te.

Cole looks like the overweight 20 a day man that he is.  The Police should be arresting him for fraud for taking £110k a week.  I don't even want to say much more about him because fundamentally he shouldn't be playing for us and I hope that decision is corrected this summer.

Rodriguez I don't recall doing anything.

Kuyt, again, forgot the offside rule existed, and failed to be anywhere remotely near Carroll when the big man was winning balls and knock downs.

Raul Meireles, for all his potential talent, is still a shithouse at challenges.

Danny Wilson, certainly in the first half when I could see him close up, made Konchesky look like Roberto Carlos.  Poor tactical awareness, lack of pace and poor passing and tackling.  Fair play to the youngster - I don't think he is a wing back, but when you look at how Martin Kelly has adapted then you have to question whether he will go on to 'make it'. And it was hardly like he was cheap.

Andy Carroll, ideally wouldn't have played all 90.  I'm convinced when he has got a footballer next to him ie. Suarez and not Kuyt, they will form a solid partnership.

Skrtel, didn't think he had too bad a game.

Reina, not much to do. Clean sheet. Probably his last European game for Liverpool.

Carragher.  Good at passing the ball backwards to Reina.  Bad at passing the ball forward to anybody.

I make that 1 decent performance in our last 7 games.  I can't fathom how Cole got another game after last week's performance from him.  I went to the Youth Cup game this week and it was refreshing to see skilled wingers skipping past people with more ball control than Cole or Rodriguez could ever wish to have.  The tactics and personnel were simply wrong tonight.  Jovanovic and Kuyt on the wings would have done better, and I'm sure Ngog would have done a better job than Kuyt playing alongside Carroll.

Anyway, see you in August 2012 European Football.

Maybe.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #662: Mar 17, 2011 11:56:52 pm
      Blackburn didn't play fantastic football but they still played decent football. Not like the crap we saw today. I'm not even having a debate about Dalgish due to some knee-jerk reactions after a poor performance.
      KopKarl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 587 posts |
      Reply #663: Mar 17, 2011 11:57:13 pm
      Blackburn didn't play hoofball though. As for being lucky, any team who wins anything whether it be a cup or a league needs to have some luck.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #664: Mar 18, 2011 12:19:18 am
      Ah well, suppose it makes a refreshing change for you not to be blaming Lucas for this one.

;)

Anyway, not long back from the game so I know you're all desperate to hear my miserable moaning analysis.

Sh*te it was.

Joe Cole and Maxi Rodriguez cost less than it costs me to buy a carrier bag in Marks and Spencer.  And do you know why clubs let them leave for nothing?

Because they're both sh*te.

Cole looks like the overweight 20 a day man that he is.  The Police should be arresting him for fraud for taking £110k a week.  I don't even want to say much more about him because fundamentally he shouldn't be playing for us and I hope that decision is corrected this summer.

Rodriguez I don't recall doing anything.

Kuyt, again, forgot the offside rule existed, and failed to be anywhere remotely near Carroll when the big man was winning balls and knock downs.

Raul Meireles, for all his potential talent, is still a shithouse at challenges.

Danny Wilson, certainly in the first half when I could see him close up, made Konchesky look like Roberto Carlos.  Poor tactical awareness, lack of pace and poor passing and tackling.  Fair play to the youngster - I don't think he is a wing back, but when you look at how Martin Kelly has adapted then you have to question whether he will go on to 'make it'. And it was hardly like he was cheap.

Andy Carroll, ideally wouldn't have played all 90.  I'm convinced when he has got a footballer next to him ie. Suarez and not Kuyt, they will form a solid partnership.

Skrtel, didn't think he had too bad a game.

Reina, not much to do. Clean sheet. Probably his last European game for Liverpool.

Carragher.  Good at passing the ball backwards to Reina.  Bad at passing the ball forward to anybody.

I make that 1 decent performance in our last 7 games.  I can't fathom how Cole got another game after last week's performance from him.  I went to the Youth Cup game this week and it was refreshing to see skilled wingers skipping past people with more ball control than Cole or Rodriguez could ever wish to have.  The tactics and personnel were simply wrong tonight.  Jovanovic and Kuyt on the wings would have done better, and I'm sure Ngog would have done a better job than Kuyt playing alongside Carroll.

Anyway, see you in August 2012 European Football.

Maybe.

Pretty much spot on J.D. Good report mate
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #665: Mar 18, 2011 12:20:49 am
       While we continue to have too many average players, we will continue to have too many average performances. That is true now, as it was last week, and the week before. If we want to have a better team we are going to first need to have better players. Simple really.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,497 posts | 2868 
      Reply #666: Mar 18, 2011 12:21:26 am
      Very disappointed after reading the last few pages back at the knee-jerk reactions.

Tonight wasn't our night, we've gradually got worse in Europe since 2005, you know we have to accept that we aren't that fantastic in Europe anymore. We need to get on with the league, we need to get Suarez and Carroll working together and we seriously need to sort the squad out in the summer.

Quick Reply