Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Proportioning the Blame.

Read 16028 times
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Re: Proportioning the Blame.
      Reply #92: Mar 19, 2011 01:00:14 am
      No one is immune from criticism in my book but I do feel that Kenny has done more good than bad since his return. He has reinvigorated the club as a whole and although a few performances have been below the standard we expect I do feel he will get it right.

I don't think anyone could argue against that - he's done some great stuff.

I'm not entirely sure he's the man for the job, for reasons I have posted before - the one thing is for sure, is that he was a breath of fresh air after hodgson.

I love and respect the man, don't get me wrong - but some of our tactics have left a lot to be desired, particularly in europe.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #93: Mar 19, 2011 01:00:20 am
      Don't get me wrong, I love the guy - he deserves to be ranked up there with shanks and paisley.

So you don't think Shanks and Paisley were European managers then, either? Because that was your accusation of Kenny.

Your just contradicting yourself, you started off last night just having pop shots at the manager, now your being brought up on it, you have changed tack to faint praise.
      onecoolcookie
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | 10 
      • YNWA JFT96
      Reply #94: Mar 19, 2011 01:00:23 am
      I've been saying this on here for months and months. We've got about 6 good players, the rest are well below the required standard. I'm taking about starters here: Skrtel, Kyragiokos, Aurelio, Maxi, Lucas, Joe Cole (although he's not bedded in so possibly a bit hasty) then the rest the likes of Ngog, Jovanovic and Poulsen

Under 3 managers and they still are error-prone, seemingly lazy and most of all utterly void of any ability inspiring for inspiring play.

These lads are trying hard and we support the club so we'll big them up and shout them on with our LFC goggles on but in reality? Half the players aren't up to it and they have to go.

Look at the players we've lost over the past 3 years in comparison to what we've got now Alonso Mascherano Torres Babel Riera (albeit because he was a bell end) against 5 of the aforementioned current players. No comparison

Give Kenny the job by all means, but the owners need to provde funds, Damien Comolli would need to get his finger out of his arse find us 6 players this summer, Kenny to clear the dead wood from the first team and once again and I F***ing hate this word "rebuild".

Otherwise plain and simple we're gonna lose the likes of Reina and Agger too, at that point it becomes a slippery slope because we're down to 3-4 top class players, Carra hasn't got long left and Stevie G ain't getting any younger or less injury prone.

Kenny has begun to save our car crash of season, but in 3 months he'll be charged with saving the club's future...
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #95: Mar 19, 2011 01:10:06 am
      I don't think anyone could argue against that - he's done some great stuff.

I'm not entirely sure he's the man for the job, for reasons I have posted before - the one thing is for sure, is that he was a breath of fresh air after hodgson.

I love and respect the man, don't get me wrong - but some of our tactics have left a lot to be desired, particularly in europe.

But Kenny wasen't hired as interim manager to win us the Europa League? He was appointed to stabilize the club and steer us the F**k away from relegation and that he has done.

The tactics last night might not have been up to scratch but there is only so much the manager can do setting up the team. And the end of the day it is the 11 players on that pitch that have to do the job, not the manager. Blaming the manager for a performance is ridiculous. A manager can send out any team with any formation and win or lose. He obviously set them up a particular way but at the end of the day, it was the players that let down the manager, the club and the fans, not Kenny.

If the players had put in enough effort well then the tactics would have worked and many people that argued the tactics employed were negative and cost us the game would be the same people how it was a tactical masterclass and how we played to our strengths and won.

Singling out Kenny is total bollox. The players deserve most of the criticism, not all but most of it. Why has Steve Clarke not received any criticism? He is the first-team coach after all. Proportioning the blame is correct but solely should be placed on the players for not working their F***ing arses off to prove the manager's selection correct.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #96: Mar 19, 2011 01:12:01 am
      So you don't think Shanks and Paisley were European managers then, either? Because that was your accusation of Kenny.

Your just contradicting yourself, you started off last night just having pop shots at the manager, now your being brought up on it, you have changed tack to faint praise.

I'm not contradicting anything - I have been consistent in my view that his tactics have been sh*t in europe all season, along with some league games, although it has to be said we were unlucky in a couple of those that we lost.
      But that wasn't accepted as an excuse for previous managers, so why should we be hypocrites and not point out where we think KK has got it wrong?

We praise him enough when he gets it right - why should the other side of the coin be out of bounds for discussion?

That doesn't mean he's not a legend, both as a player and as a manager the first time round.

I've said it from the first, when people wanted him as manager - the game has moved on, and I don't think KK hasl.

KK either has to learn quickly or bring in an attacking coach to compliment the defensive Clarke.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #97: Mar 19, 2011 01:15:44 am

Mate, you said Kenny was not a european manager, then on the other hand that he is up there with Shankly and Paisley.

Thats contradictory.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #98: Mar 19, 2011 01:18:31 am
      I've said it from the first, when people wanted him as manager - the game has moved on, and I don't think KK has.

Have to disagree with this as I don't buy all this game moving on nonsense.

The fact is Kenny Dalglish has used more different formations and tactics since he took over than the previous manager has used in his whole career.

We have had 3-5-2, 4-4-2, 4-3-3 and different players within those formations. He is not an idiot and still understands the game and showed up the LMA manager of the year to be much more of a dinosaur in football terms even though he has been out of the game for a while.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #99: Mar 19, 2011 01:22:16 am
      Mate, you said Kenny was not a european manager, then on the other hand that he is up there with Shankly and Paisley.

Thats contradictory.

No it's not - KK played for us, became our player manager, and helped us win numerous trophies.

Out of the 3 managers, who has won the most european trophies, how many did they win, and which trophies were they?
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #100: Mar 19, 2011 01:31:48 am
      No it's not - KK played for us, became our player manager, and helped us win numerous trophies.

Out of the 3 managers, who has won the most european trophies, how many did they win, and which trophies were they?

Kenny has managed 4 games for us in Europe and you use that to put him down? Jesus.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #101: Mar 19, 2011 01:35:17 am

Lets have a look at your love and respect for Kenny.

KK used to play the long ball down the channels all the time, particularly at blackburn - get the speddy winger onto it, then knock it in the box for the big lad.
      Sutton was a sack of sh*te, and only looked good because of the amount of long balls played into him for shearer to run onto.

He inherited a great team from fagan, and then bought some great players - BUT he has never rebuilt a side in the way that he needs to now.

I'd love for him to succeed, but I just can't see it happening.

No he went one better, he rebuilt a 2nd division side who'd been out of the top flight for 26 years and won the league within 4 years and delivered them their first top flight trophy since the 1930's

With how many millions?

and still had a side playing hoofball.

£35m I believe

Blackburn didnt play hoofball, they had Ripley and Wilcox on the wings who were both skilfull wingers who had the pace and trickery to beat their man and whip a cross in, Greame Le Saux  who was one of the best attacking full backs in the country at that time and Ian Pearce at Fullback, yes they may have scored a lot of headed goals but that didn't come from "Hoofing" the ball up field, the majority of Blackburns goals came from building attacks from the back either through the centre or the wings with the wingers or full backs pushing on high up the pitch getting to the byline and whipping a cross in, which was the perfect foil for Blackburn considering they had arguably two of the best forwards in the air in the game in Shearer and Sutton.

They played F***ing hoofball.

They never played anything like good football, and were luck to win the league.

They had to rely on US getting a result to win it.

That's not the mark of a good team - that's the mark of a lucky team.

No they didn't thats bollocks.

They never played anything like good football, and were luck to win the league.

Thats also Bollocks.

They had to rely on US getting a result to win it.

That is also Bollocks they played us the final game of their title winning Season and they needed 3 points of us to guarantee the league title, we won the game and Blackburn needed Man United to draw or get beat from what I remember, which duly happened and they were crowned Champions.

That's not the mark of a good team - that's the mark of a lucky team.

Thats bollocks too, its like your saying they got lucky in every game they played to take them to a league title ?

U'm Ok.  :roll:

Complete loads of Bollocks Kenny and you know it, your just trying to bend the truth to make your argument look that little stronger.

Loads of hoofing eh.

Blackburn Rovers goals 1994-95

So you Love and respect King Kenny but tried down playing his achievments with grossly innacurate statements to try and make your argument appear stronger.

I'd hate to be on the list of the people you love and respect.

KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #102: Mar 19, 2011 01:39:38 am
      Kenny has managed 4 games for us in Europe and you use that to put him down? Jesus.

Hey, I just answered his question.

If he didn't like the answer, maybe he shouldn't ask - unless the object of the exercise is to all agree with each other...
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #103: Mar 19, 2011 01:50:31 am

Eh? What has that to do with anything. Kenny was in charge when we were banned from competing in European competition, this is his first taste. From which you have decided he is not a European manager! I think personally that drawing that conclusion is crazy from a 4 game sample. 1 win, 2 draws and 1 defeat.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #104: Mar 19, 2011 01:53:01 am
      Eh? What has that to do with anything. Kenny was in charge when we were banned from competing in European competition, this is his first taste. From which you have decided he is not a European manager! I think personally that drawing that conclusion is crazy from a 4 game sample. 1 win, 2 draws and 1 defeat.

Theres an excellenty sign at Edinburgh zoo mate.

In fact here it is.

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #105: Mar 19, 2011 01:57:56 am
      Back onto the topic of the thread, sure enough both Kenny and Steve Clarke have to take some criticism for the resuult last night.

But the players need to take a long hard look at themselves Braga wanted it and fought for it for more than our lads which is not on, they represent Liverpool Football and they should be contesting every ball with every and giving %110 every time on they pull on the red shirt.. these sort of performances have been going on for almost a good 2 seasons.

We win together we lose together but any suggestion of Kenny not being the right man under the conditions that he came in under are so wide of the mark they should be treat with the contempt they deserve.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #106: Mar 19, 2011 01:58:31 am
      Theres an excellenty sign at Edinburgh zoo mate.

In fact here it is.

:lmao:

Good point.
      joshofred
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #107: Mar 19, 2011 02:09:11 am
      Back onto the topic of the thread, sure enough both Kenny and Steve Clarke have to take some criticism for the resuult last night.

But the players need to take a long hard look at themselves Braga wanted it and fought for it for more than our lads which is not on, they represent Liverpool Football and they should be contesting every ball with every and giving %110 every time on they pull on the red shirt.. these sort of performances have been going on for almost a good 2 seasons.

We win together we lose together but any suggestion of Kenny not being the right man under the conditions that he came in under are so wide of the mark they should be treat with the contempt they deserve.

Yes. I completely agree with this unfortunately. There's a long road ahead and, for me, I think the writing's on the wall as far as Reina's concerned. I think he's been lining up his excuses for a while now.

Kenny is the right man for the task ahead. Get players who are ready to fight for the shirt. Who else? There's nobody.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #108: Mar 19, 2011 02:09:47 am

At 60 years of age, how long is he supposed to have to learn the european game? You can't have it both ways...

If, as all you diehard KK for manager fans say, he hasn't been out of the game, and has watched and learned and coached - howcome he went the long ball route? Not just in that game either...

You can have your little private forums, and try and gang up and bully people all you want - it won't change my opinion.

My opinion is that as much as I love KK, I don't think he can cut it anymore - he's been away too long.
      joshofred
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #109: Mar 19, 2011 02:18:40 am
      At 60 years of age, how long is he supposed to have to learn the european game? You can't have it both ways...

If, as all you diehard KK for manager fans say, he hasn't been out of the game, and has watched and learned and coached - howcome he went the long ball route? Not just in that game either...

You can have your little private forums, and try and gang up and bully people all you want - it won't change my opinion.

My opinion is that as much as I love KK, I don't think he can cut it anymore - he's been away too long.

Too early in my opinion to reach that view. Wait til end of season and assess then. As I've said earlier, who else could get this bunch of wasters to make us proud?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,661 posts | 3895 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #110: Mar 19, 2011 02:44:46 am
      So enlighten us then KiK. Who are all these fans that turned on our previous managers all the time that now back Kenny faultlessly. Most of us backed Gerard and Rafa. Roy was a special case because of the owners and the fact he was seen as their yes man. We turned on Roy because he brought a negativity to the club, a defeatism to the club. Kenny restored pride and belief to Liverpool. He reminded people of how great it is. Lifted us out of the relegation battle and gave us a current run in the league that would see us comfortably in the top 4. You want to ignore all that. You claim to respect him. You hand him faint praise by comparing him to Shanks and Paisley but then systematically try to tear his character apart because we got knocked out of Europe using, lets be honest, a very average squad. That doesn't sit right with a lot of us because we have seen the club lifted from the darkness. We can see progress and will have faith in Kenny, Clarke, Comolli and FSG to get us back right given time. Nobody expects to change your opinion. It's just a pity the empty can rattles the most
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #111: Mar 19, 2011 04:33:32 am

Mate you sound like a little kid, crying over a loss, searching for a reason why. We lost for many reasons, get over it, move on.

You said who had won more european cups, Shanks, Paisley or Kenny, well how the F**k can Kenny win any european cups when he hasn't managed a match in Europe before last month?

Your argument doesn't make sense, but then again neither did your Blackburn played long ball arguement, neither did the Blackburn relied on Liverpool to win the league argument either, seeing as WE played Blackburn on the final day, and they just needed to beat US! Hardly relying on US to win! Quite the opposite!

Basically your talking out of your arse, clutching at straws, and trying to hard to be a football connoisseur rather than supporting the team and the management.
      « Last Edit: Mar 19, 2011 04:39:01 am by fields of anny rd »
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #112: Mar 19, 2011 04:47:38 am
      Funny. When I said to KiK in the match thread that he's crazy for saying Kenny isn't the right man, you answered "Where did I say he wasn't the right man - F**k off"

Now what are you saying? He isn't the right man?

To think you were the lad calling everyone a hypocrite after the match.

Give it a rest mate.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #113: Mar 19, 2011 06:53:11 am
      But Kenny wasn't hired as interim manager to win us the Europa League? He was appointed to stabilize the club and steer us the f**k away from relegation and that he has done.

Brother.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #114: Mar 19, 2011 08:49:01 am
      Lets have a look at your love and respect for Kenny.

No they didn't thats bollocks.

Thats also Bollocks.

That is also Bollocks they played us the final game of their title winning Season and they needed 3 points of us to guarantee the league title, we won the game and Blackburn needed Man United to draw or get beat from what I remember, which duly happened and they were crowned Champions.

Thats bollocks too, its like your saying they got lucky in every game they played to take them to a league title ?

U'm Ok.  :roll:

Complete loads of Bollocks Kenny and you know it, your just trying to bend the truth to make your argument look that little stronger.

Loads of hoofing eh.

Blackburn Rovers goals 1994-95

So you Love and respect King Kenny but tried down playing his achievments with grossly innacurate statements to try and make your argument appear stronger.

I'd hate to be on the list of the people you love and respect.

And thats without even going into the little agenda starting specials in the Pacheco thread.

Quick Reply