Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

We need a playmaker

Read 7808 times
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Re: We need a playmaker
      Reply #46: Mar 22, 2011 12:10:18 pm
      ....also the way Adel is treated at QPR is insane. Theirs a decent blog on him on the BBC site, have a look at it if you get chance.

It might work at a club like QPR, but no single player is bigger than our club.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,200 posts | 168 
      Reply #47: Mar 22, 2011 02:01:03 pm
      If Aquilani doesn't return we should sign Nuri Sahin but a playmaker is not our main priority.
      We need wingers or creative AM(depending on Kenny's formation)  who can create goals with dribbles, crosses, through balls...

kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #48: Mar 22, 2011 03:09:56 pm
      Taarabt sounds like a primadonna from everything I've read. No denying his talent, however.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #49: Mar 22, 2011 03:12:58 pm
      Taarabt sounds like a primadonna from everything I've read. No denying his talent, however.

This - think he's better suited to being a big fish in a little pond than a little fish in a big pond.  I think he would be another Jermaine Pennant (which is why I'm against the Adam signing too).  Get your sh*t together before coming to this club.
      leeper1892
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 99 posts | -2 
      Reply #50: Mar 23, 2011 09:24:57 am
      think thomas muller from bayern would be quality
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #51: Mar 23, 2011 12:13:03 pm
      I see Diego has been linked with us.
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #52: Mar 23, 2011 12:42:53 pm
      But is a playmaker a more important signing to make instead of wingers. When Xabi was here, we didn't have the biggest variety of wingers to choose from. Only Riera really was, but Xabi's passing ability made up for this as they would be played into decent positions from his passing rather than have to beat a man.

If we sign proper wingers this summer, is there really a need for a playmaker?
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,854 posts | 69 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #53: Mar 23, 2011 10:17:39 pm
      If i had a choice ,Schweinsteiger , Ozil, Sneijder, these are the type of midfielders i'd like at anfield , ..proven footballers with national and european leagues,but this type of player doesn't come along often
      lfcgirl9
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 74 posts |
      • In King Kenny We Trust.
      Reply #54: Mar 23, 2011 10:36:41 pm
      But is a playmaker a more important signing to make instead of wingers. When Xabi was here, we didn't have the biggest variety of wingers to choose from. Only Riera really was, but Xabi's passing ability made up for this as they would be played into decent positions from his passing rather than have to beat a man.

If we sign proper wingers this summer, is there really a need for a playmaker?

With proper wingers I wouldn't have a playmaker as a priority with what we have already but if we get both I feel it would be very beneficial.

Think we were crying out for quality wide men back when we had Xabi too, we still found it hard to beat teams who put all there men behind the ball maybe with quality wide men this would have been different, more options.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #55: Mar 24, 2011 12:26:37 am
      So now the club captain and talisman might not get in the team, the guy whose goals have been as important as the arrival of KK in our recent revival might not get in the team, the guy who was borderline man of the match against Sunderland isn't good enough to stay at the club and a guy who gets slated on here nearly every week gets to stay in a role he can't play and doesn't really enjoy?
      These new signings better be good and better hit the ground running in the Prem!!

If we need 2 central midfield players and 2 wingers (to supply Carroll) would someone care to explain to me where Gerrard and Mireles and for that matter Lucas Spearing Kuyt and possibly Maxi and Aquilani will be accomodated? Where the opportunities will be for players like Suso, Shelvey Coady and Sterling to develop?

I am full understanding what you are saying, you talk a hell of a lot of sence but at the same time, Aquilani is 90% certain to be staying at Juventus, Kuyt will be a back up striker. There is however something called strength in depth? Don't know if you fully understand that concept but it means that not only does your starting 11 look sh*t hot but also means your bench does too. We need to keep adding to the squad, if we are going to be selling players then that needs to be done with a lot more due care and attention than in previous years. We can not afford to keep selling our best players or players that can be good squad players like Lucas, Kuyt etc.

Those that doubt Charlie Adams ability, look at his past 2 performances they have been sublime. The passes he makes are not controlled by the club that he plays for or the colour of the kit. He plays for Blackpool yes, they are not the best of teams even though they managed to dick us twice but look at Xabi Alonso, was at Real Sociedad we signed him for £10m and he becomes the best passer in European football if not world football.
      Comatorium
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 696 posts |
      Reply #56: Mar 24, 2011 12:30:58 am
      I would've really liked to see Ivan Rakitić here, but he signed for Sevilla in the January transfer window. A real handful of a player.
      Kong Krog
      • Forum Ronnie Moran
      • Started Topic

• 383 posts |
      Reply #57: Mar 24, 2011 08:49:12 am
      I am full understanding what you are saying, you talk a hell of a lot of sence but at the same time, Aquilani is 90% certain to be staying at Juventus, Kuyt will be a back up striker. There is however something called strength in depth? Don't know if you fully understand that concept but it means that not only does your starting 11 look sh*t hot but also means your bench does too. We need to keep adding to the squad, if we are going to be selling players then that needs to be done with a lot more due care and attention than in previous years. We can not afford to keep selling our best players or players that can be good squad players like Lucas, Kuyt etc.

Those that doubt Charlie Adams ability, look at his past 2 performances they have been sublime. The passes he makes are not controlled by the club that he plays for or the colour of the kit. He plays for Blackpool yes, they are not the best of teams even though they managed to dick us twice but look at Xabi Alonso, was at Real Sociedad we signed him for £10m and he becomes the best passer in European football if not world football.
      Couldnt have put it better myself :). but i would vote for Xavi as the best passer in the world ;).
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #58: Mar 24, 2011 11:28:56 am
      Diego might be a perfect fit for us, apparently we are being linked with him (again) this time however I saw quotes from him saying he was honoured to be linked with us.

Could be the sort of player we though Joe Cole would have been.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #59: Mar 24, 2011 12:16:14 pm
      Diego might be a perfect fit for us, apparently we are being linked with him (again) this time however I saw quotes from him saying he was honoured to be linked with us.

Could be the sort of player we though Joe Cole would have been.

I saw similar quotes too but didn't think much of it at the time because it was in the smallest of articles. I would welcome him to the club but at the expense of a signing in which position? For me attacking midfield can wait.
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Reply #60: Mar 27, 2011 07:26:38 am

He cant play in the epl at least well get a bit of money back from when we brought him.
      « Last Edit: Mar 27, 2011 07:36:32 am by ayrton77, Reason: Fixed quote »
      shrey024
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 150 posts |
      Reply #61: Mar 27, 2011 10:56:08 am
      Aquilani is also very injury-prone

How about Charlie Adam? Or we could sign Wilshere from Arsenal?

Check out this link...
      http://bleacherreport.com/articles/639527-wesley-sneijder-and-the-next-25-zinedine-zidanes-in-world-football

Quick Reply