Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who was your man of the match today?

Luis Suarez
      56 (48.7%)
      Daniel Agger
      19 (16.5%)
      Jay Spearing
      35 (30.4%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      3 (2.6%)
      Andy Carroll
      0 (0%)
      Martin Skrtel
      2 (1.7%)

Total Members Voted: 112

Sunderland 0-2 Liverpool - post match delight

Read 48263 times
      Mohammad Abdullah
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 478 posts | -7 
      Re: Sunderland 0-2 Liverpool - post match delight
      Reply #552: Mar 20, 2011 08:03:18 pm
      I knew we'll win it
      Credit to Spearing, never dreamed he'll give such a performance today.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #553: Mar 20, 2011 08:47:18 pm
      Made up we got the win today, never an easy place to go to.

Not the best first half, but we stuck it out and got better and better during the second half, our class was there for all to see, some pretty good performances out there today, Suarez - magnificent, and what a superb goal, beautiful angle to score from, not many can do that.

Agger fab today, as were all the back four, Carroll was unlucky not to score as well, like some have already said, where's all the negative posters when we win? Laughable it is :roll:

Closing in on the big boys....we're coming to get you  ;D

POLL ADDED
      « Last Edit: Mar 20, 2011 08:58:50 pm by MsGerrard, Reason: added poll »
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #554: Mar 20, 2011 09:15:44 pm
      We didn't start too well, thought it was going to be a difficult day, maybe show tiredness after the Euro match. But a couple of injuries for Sunderland and a converted penalty later and things looked alot better. Our defense with Agger in particular was damn good so Pepe didn't have to put down the Sunday paper all day. Suarez capped another really good game with a great goal (reminder me of that goal in the WC the brazilian guy scored, but Luis definately meant this one. Super goal, the guys in great form. Carroll did OK, still needs match sharpness and his touch was a bit heavy at times, and should've scored - expect him to improve steadily. All in all, another good day in the PL under the undisputed King that is Kenny :)
      TartanRed
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 205 posts |
      • Shankly! Shankly!
      Reply #555: Mar 20, 2011 09:20:05 pm
      As I said earlier, a very comfortable performance.

Don't care if it was a pen or not it was given and Steve Bruce SEETHING =  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      KoPiTee
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 911 posts | 19 
      Reply #556: Mar 20, 2011 09:24:58 pm
      Cant pick a man of the match today
      Cannot choose between Spearing and Suarez both were outstanding

The away support was immense ..All the guys that went to the game should give yourselves a pat on the back .
      If only home support was as good
      MsGerrard
      Reply #557: Mar 20, 2011 09:34:06 pm
      Just back in been all over the place today - managed to catch most of game but no pc.

Seem to remember an interview with Kenny in first stint: -

Reporter - "Kenny, was it a penalty?"

Kenny - "aye"

Reporter - "how do you know for sure?"

Kenny - "the ref pointed to the spot and we scored"

Ha ha...absolutely brilliant, Kenny D all over  :lmao:
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #558: Mar 20, 2011 09:40:03 pm
      For anyone who missed it  ;)

http://dai.ly/huXXY2
      BLEED_RED
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 22 
      • American Kopite
      Reply #559: Mar 20, 2011 09:43:25 pm
      Thank god for Suarez, adding a glimmer of hope for the future of what has been a truly roller coaster season.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #560: Mar 20, 2011 09:50:12 pm
      Thought Daniel Agger showed why he's just as important as Steven Gerrard is, today.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #561: Mar 20, 2011 09:54:52 pm
      Special mention to Skrtel and Agger.  Thought they were both outstanding.

Agger by some way the best defender at the club, gave a lot of confidence to Skrtel as well.

Left back, couple of wingers and things will be looking much rosier.

Special mention to Spearing as well.  I've been critical of him, but he had a decent game today.

And Luis Suarez - yet again a great performance.

If he had not have been cup tied we would have been in the Europa League QF's.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,246 posts | 923 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #562: Mar 20, 2011 09:58:21 pm
      Well done Jay Spearing today
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #563: Mar 20, 2011 09:59:51 pm
      Spearing is really small :laugh:
      BLEED_RED
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 22 
      • American Kopite
      Reply #564: Mar 20, 2011 10:11:53 pm
      He's like a bowling ball, hard to bring down when he gets up a head of steam ;)
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #565: Mar 20, 2011 10:15:55 pm
      Agger motm for me.

Great defensively, never gave them a chance, not even a half chance. Great player and would get into any team if fit IMO. We had the Skrtel of 2 years ago playing today and he was quality, he works better with Agger IMO.

Spearing was a player who impressed, I know he's not the greatest player around but he showed good composure and great determination. Great run for the penalty and thoroughly  deserved the praise.

Suarez was very good today, not as good as some people are saying IMO but he was good once again. When things weren't working his way first half he was blaming other people and getting frustrated, also he dived once or twice throughout the match. Second half he picked it up, had a couple close free kicks and started to control the game. Scored a great goal which he thoroughly deserved.

Carroll was okay but we won't see the best of him till next season, until we get a couple wingers supplying dangerous crosses for him to head home. He was very dangerous from corners and free kicks, imagine what he'll be like when we start getting crosses in. I don't remember us getting a cross in for him to head towards goal in open play, shows our lack of width. We also need to stop hoofing it towards Carroll, Carragher!!!!

Ratings:
      Reina - N/A Didn't do anything really

Carragher - 6 Hoofed it constantly and most of Sunderland's success came through our right side

Skrtel -  8 Very solid, won everything and did couple neat passes on the floor.

Agger- 9 Very solid in defense, great composure and controlled the back line, we missed him in recent weeks.

Johnson - 7 Didn't do a lot wrong IMO, should of done more offensively for me.

Spearing - 8.5 Best performance so far, won the ball constantly, ran endlessly and did very well to win the penalty

Lucas - 7 Was solid, made a couple good passes but not enough IMO, he has the ability but be just doesn't try them, won a few headers and defensively was solid

Meireles - 4 Was very poor, lost the ball constantly, didn't help his fall back much and he had a chance which he should of scored and flew it over. Just a bad day overall for him although he was played out of position.

Kuyt - 7 Was decent, made a couple good runs, didn't really create anything but was an endlessly worker and finished his penalty well.

Suarez - 8.5 Was poor first half and was very impatient with his teammates when his and their passes didn't work. Second half was a lot better, controlled the game and created most things good we did and he took his goal very which he deserved. Hope his injury isn't to bad, from the sounds of it, it just sounds like a tweak.

Carroll - 7 Was dangerous in the air which was expected, should have scored but we won't see the best of him till we have some width
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #566: Mar 20, 2011 10:16:45 pm
      He's like a bowling ball, hard to bring down when he gets up a head of steam ;)

Sometimes, he reminds me of a chubbier gollum!
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #567: Mar 20, 2011 10:24:35 pm
      Carragher - 6 Hoofed it constantly and most of Sunderland's success came through our right side
      Agree he was guilty of hoofing it again, but thought he was solid as a rock defensivly if Im honest, but each to there own.

Lets hope Spurs have a cock up in the next few games.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #568: Mar 20, 2011 10:38:25 pm
      Just watched the highlights and as always hard to tell how everyone played but we looked pretty comfortable with Sunderland not hitting the target until near the end.

Suarez goal was excellent and Spearing seemed to have a decent game by the looks of things but now going to have a read of what everyone thought in the match thread to give me a better idea.
      sirignano
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 307 posts |
      Reply #569: Mar 20, 2011 10:46:22 pm
      anybody think mereiles hadchanged his corner style? they were beautiful today
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #570: Mar 20, 2011 11:26:48 pm
      Penalty Yes? Penalty No?.Who G A F.What goes round!!
      Thought and was'nt surprised at Jay Spearings fantastic contribution today.
      KKs interview technique just gets better and better.Got to love the man.
      Kept hearing the travelling,singin T F of Anfield Road was the b******s.
      Great day.YNWA.
      Zebedee
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 93 posts |
      Reply #571: Mar 20, 2011 11:36:40 pm
      great result today,want more of it for the next games,we have to learn to keep the momentum! im just worried of some players that gets onto the field without that full commitment from them, i wont go into names calling but really this trend has got to stop,we now have three important games that we have to grind out result from,i.e,tottenham,man city,and arsenal ,and for that we need fully commited fellas to do the job,just break a leg lads! we need commitment! YNWA!
      bgwdivemaster
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 357 posts |
      Reply #572: Mar 20, 2011 11:57:07 pm
      What a brilliant day.  I'm on cloud 9 (and cloud 7, SUAREZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!).  Great job by a lot of the lads.  Overall I thought Spearing played well.  Loving Carroll controling the air :)  Suarez was hustling everywhere, Kuyt was doing his usual service for our team.  Great effort.  YES!!!
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #573: Mar 21, 2011 12:59:50 am
      I've gone for Spearing as MOTM.  Thought he was very good after the penalty.  Well in Jay.  Very closely followed by Suarez and Agger. Special mention for Skrtel too, one of his best games for a long time.

Everyone put a shift in to be fair once we went ahead, although I did think Raul struggled out on the left.

Loved the celebrations after both goals as well, looks like everyone's getting on which is a good sign I think.

Boss day, happy days!
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #574: Mar 21, 2011 01:06:37 am
      Carragher should be nowhere near a liverpool team next season.  He's best suited to Aussie Rules. A gargantuan hoofer of epidemic proportions. Technique of a duck.  If we want to progress the carraghers and kuyts/lucas of this world shouldnt be first team players

Do you want some cheese and crackers with that "whine"?

Quick Reply