Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Matt Jarvis (Wolves)

Read 10919 times
      *LFC 4EVA*
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 805 posts |
      • *LFC 4LIFE*
      Re: Matt Jarvis (Wolves)
      Reply #23: Mar 25, 2011 10:05:34 am
      Report: Liverpool to scout Jarvis
      25th Mar 2011 - Transfer Gossip 
      6 CommentsEmailPrintShare ArchiveLFC To Go
      This year's Wolverhampton Wanderers' club, though teetering on relegation as usual, isn't your typical 'Dogged Wolves' squad.

Most Recent Gossip
      Report: Liverpool to scout Jarvis
      Roma defender eyed by Liverpool
      Liverpool prepare move for Mexes
      Dalglish joins race for Bolton defend…
      Barca ready to cash in on Afellay
      In fact, their style is wide and positive, largely due to the exceptional play of winger Matt Jarvis, who has four goals and four assists this season and has even earned his first England call-up this week for his play.

Now, as expected, the bigger clubs have become keen on the 24-year-old, and Liverpool, in desperate need of a young winger, seems likely to be atop that list.

According to Metro, Liverpool scout Jakob Friis-Hansen will be on hand for England's Euro 2012 qualifier against Wales to scout the Wolves wide man, who even ranks second in the league in crosses into the area and in the top 10 in key passes.

Jarvis was purchased for just £600,000 ($976,197)in 2007, but he is now valued at £4.4 million ($7.2 million), according to TransferMarkt. Newcastle is also reported to be interested.

Source: NESN
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 69 
      Reply #24: Apr 14, 2011 11:41:15 am
      I,d be quite happy to have Jarvis in the squad and if Wolves do go down we,ll get him on the cheap. This is the whole point of squad depth IMO. All this bollox of " hes not LFC quality " is doing my head in. If hes not a quality EPL player then how did get in the England squad and who have we got as back up or even 1st team who could come in and deliver quality into the box for the big guy. At 24 hes got to be worth an outlay of 4-5 million. The question is would you rather pay 4-5 million on Jarvis or the same amount for Cole or Maxi, i know where money would be going.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #25: Apr 14, 2011 11:45:49 am
      I just hope to F**k we don't buy him, he is no where near good enough and I actually think Kuyt is better on the right than he would be. Hope the club steers well clear. Trebor if you think Wolves are going to sell him for £4 million you are mad, you do know he is English do you
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #26: Apr 14, 2011 04:47:27 pm
      I'd have him here for definite. He's pacy, got skill and isn't afraid to run at his man who he beats quite a lot of the time too, unlike Kuyt.

I wouldn't go above £10million for him though, but it'd be a nice option to have if we bought someone such as Ashley Young and then brought Jarvis on with 30mins to go to keep up the constant wing play.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #27: Apr 14, 2011 06:30:38 pm
      After his England cap we wont get him for less than 8-10m!

Wouldnt have minded if we got him for around 4-5m but would much rather spend bigger and get Ashley Young in.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #28: Apr 14, 2011 06:32:58 pm
      After his England cap we wont get him for less than 8-10m!

Depends, if Wolves get relegated they probably don't have much choice. Not my first choice, but a very solid back up.
      Cuttsy888
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 295 posts |
      Reply #29: Apr 14, 2011 10:51:11 pm
      I just hope to f**k we don't buy him, he is no where near good enough and I actually think Kuyt is better on the right than he would be. Hope the club steers well clear. Trebor if you think Wolves are going to sell him for £4 million you are mad, you do know he is English do you
      he doesnt play on the right, he plays on the left so he can cut in
      he has so much more potential than downing or young who would cost 3x more
      if he is in the england squad then he has qualitiy
      finally he is much better than maxi or cole
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #30: Apr 14, 2011 11:06:38 pm
      A poor mans Pennant, would be a massive flop, do not rate him at all, Michael Ricketts got capped by England, Emile Heskey has 60 plus caps.

How has he more potential than Young and Downing who are similar ages sure they have much more quality then him down to there England caps according to you. So what if he is better than the two of them neither of them get on
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #31: Apr 14, 2011 11:17:40 pm
      And we'l get a good bargain if wolves go down !
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #32: Apr 14, 2011 11:23:41 pm
      And we'l get a good bargain if wolves go down !

Wolves said that he will not sell Jarvis.

"He is far too valuable to us. If anyone comes knocking at my door they will get a custard pie. We need our best players. Why the hell should we sell him? He’s one of our best players, we’ve just got him in the England squad, so no he’s not for sale."

A big offer would have to be thrown that away in order for them to accept it.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #33: Apr 14, 2011 11:33:02 pm

"He is far too valuable to us. If anyone comes knocking at my door they will get a custard pie. We need our best players. Why the hell should we sell him? He’s one of our best players, we’ve just got him in the England squad, so no he’s not for sale."

That sounds like Blackpool and Charlie Adam Part 2 ;D
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #34: Apr 14, 2011 11:35:24 pm

They can say what they want but it's only f***in Wolves. If a big club came in then Jarvis would want to go, his agent would want him to go and the club would find it hard to turn down a half decent offer.
      aussieredave
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 961 posts |
      Reply #35: Apr 15, 2011 12:56:03 am
      These hillbilly small time clubs have a hide.

Yeh he is going to turn Liverpool down for F***ing park football.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #36: Apr 15, 2011 11:43:27 am
      If anyone comes knocking at my door they will get a custard pie.

Have to admit that made me chuckle, who the hell talks like that nowadays?

:D
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #37: Apr 15, 2011 01:11:31 pm
      Am I right in saying Jarvis has been predominantly played on the left of midfield, rather than the right?
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #38: Apr 15, 2011 01:19:16 pm
      Ya he is anny, I don't think he is good enough for the club, a 1 season wonder you can spot them a mile away
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #39: Apr 15, 2011 01:21:10 pm
      But he played well last season?
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #40: Apr 15, 2011 01:25:59 pm
      Ya he is anny, I don't think he is good enough for the club, a 1 season wonder you can spot them a mile away

Think your right. I Think he is decent, and definitely worth a move to a better club, just not a supposed title challenging side.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #41: Apr 15, 2011 01:26:32 pm
      Sod Jarvis just get Pennant back!
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #42: Apr 15, 2011 01:53:09 pm
      If we bring Jarvis in there is no way in hell he is being brought in as first choice. John Henry made a comment when he arrived about being really surprised about the lack of strength in depth. My guess would be we'll selling the likes of Jovanovic, Poulsen, Cole, Konchesky, Jones, Kyrgiakos, Maxi and Ngog who are all probably on a hefty wage. Then bring in the likes of Jarvis, Marveaux and Kranjcar. Improving the strength in depth while reducing the wage bill at the same time. Alongside this we'll be bringing in top class players who will go straight into the first eleven.

Don't panic. The owners, Comolli and Kenny know exactly what they're doing.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #43: Apr 15, 2011 02:54:58 pm
      If we bring Jarvis in there is no way in hell he is being brought in as first choice. John Henry made a comment when he arrived about being really surprised about the lack of strength in depth. My guess would be we'll selling the likes of Jovanovic, Poulsen, Cole, Konchesky, Jones, Kyrgiakos, Maxi and Ngog who are all probably on a hefty wage. Then bring in the likes of Jarvis, Marveaux and Kranjcar. Improving the strength in depth while reducing the wage bill at the same time. Alongside this we'll be bringing in top class players who will go straight into the first eleven.

Don't panic. The owners, Comolli and Kenny know exactly what they're doing.

Yeah, you could be right there. We certainly don't need or want what Man City have - a squad of first team players, all moaning and bitching because they feel they should all be playing first team football.

A squad of excellent, very good, good and decent players is what we need. More than that though a happy squad who will give it their best when called upon and have the mindset to make the most of the chances they do get.
      djimitraore2011
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #44: Apr 19, 2011 02:29:44 pm
      I would like to sign him but only as a squad player for now, has a good delivery, pace, and can beat a defender, things that cole or maxi don't have, what I really like about him is his determination to get the ball and beat defenders, if we can get him for under 10m then would be happy to sign him
      djimitraore2011
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #45: Apr 19, 2011 02:36:40 pm

IMO I think we could get him for under 10m, it's obvious that he's not worth over 10m and it's unlikely to be a bidding war over him, also he could have his head turned by intrest from a big club which would male the sale easier

Quick Reply