Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Matt Jarvis (Wolves)

Read 10917 times
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Re: Matt Jarvis (Wolves)
      Reply #46: Apr 19, 2011 05:06:45 pm
      Lad is a one season wonder and to be honest in recent weeks he has disappeared. If he is good enough to be a Liverpool player lot of players in the Premiership are good enough.

Surprised how many people rate a fairly ordinary player who none of the other top sides would even consider.

He would be an okay signing for say a Villa
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #47: Apr 19, 2011 05:42:22 pm
      Squad signing. Stop being so negative.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #48: Apr 19, 2011 05:44:40 pm
      F**k the squad signings we should have confidence in our youth having a f**king average lad like Jarvis filling up squads places will only stop the development of two of our brightest prospects Sterling and Suso.

How the f**k is that being negative if I'm not mistaken Jarvis plays with Wolves Sterling and Suso play with us. Jarvis will disappear like other one season wonders
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #49: Apr 19, 2011 05:45:20 pm
      How the F**k is that being negative if I'm not mistaken Jarvis plays with Wolves

And?
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #50: Apr 19, 2011 05:47:41 pm
      He doesn't play with Liverpool, he plays with Wolves, am I not allowed be negative about one of there players that is unless of course you are a Wolves fan.

Otherwise you need to stop being so f**king negative about our youth players coming through and stop backing signing of mediocre players to take up squad positions our young players can.

You've obviously heard of Sterling and Suso have you LFC
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #51: Apr 19, 2011 06:00:13 pm
      You've obviously heard of Sterling and Suso have you LFC

Ha. You're always looking for an argument aren't you? Why is that?

Anyways, I never mentioned our youth players. You're arguing with yourself there.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #52: Apr 19, 2011 06:04:24 pm
      I think the point is that average players taking up squad roles, will be doing so at the expense of the youth team players coming through.

Why pay good money for the likes of Jarvis when the quality is already there?
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #53: Apr 19, 2011 06:10:55 pm
      I think the point is that average players taking up squad roles, will be doing so at the expense of the youth team players coming through.

Why pay good money for the likes of Jarvis when the quality is already there?

Because we need wingers who will be ready to play next season. We currently have zero. Suso can't just be immediately thrust into first team football like that.

We'll need at least one squad winger for the next season at least.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #54: Apr 19, 2011 08:20:42 pm
      No we don't need a squad player we need a top quality winger to play first team football now something Jarvis is clearly not.

We don't need a 25 year squad player to take up positions in the squad that can be filled by Sterling or maybe Suso who I'm aware does his best work in the centre and pay what maybe £10 million for.

It would be an idiotic signing and I don't think it will happen personally.

I think you'll find it was you LFC looking for the row here, I was giving my opinion of a player that plays with Wolves ya Wolves not Liverpool and saying he would not be a good signing for the club and would only take up squad places our talented young players could take.

I was complimenting our players and being negative about someone else player. So fairly obvious unless your a Wolves fan you were looking for a row or maybe you didn't even read my post and justed posted the same sh*t you usually do
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #55: Apr 19, 2011 08:55:45 pm
      Jarvis is a good enough squad player. In order to challenge for the title, we'll need squad depth. If the price was right, I'd gladly have him here. We'll need depth, especially out wide, since we currently have zero. Also, given Sterling's age, I wouldn't pencil him in for first team football just yet. Don't want to rush such a bright prospect.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #56: Apr 19, 2011 09:44:09 pm
      What is the point in buying a wide man for £10 million plus who is not first team material and is going to be a squad player at best in a position we have our best prospect since Gerrard. Would be madness and aint happening.

I'll be honest I actually think Pennant is a better player than Jarvis.

Buy a quality left midfielder someone like Mata and have Sterling who can play either side as back up
      lfcinpa
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 109 posts |
      Reply #57: Apr 19, 2011 10:07:33 pm
      I agree with Corbally here.  I don't see the point in signing a player just to add squad depth.  If we sign a top quality starting 11 winger, we'll still have the likes of Maxi, Joe Cole (maybe), Kuyt etc. to fill the squad spots.  I don't think we should go out looking for squad players at this point.  We need two or three top talents, maybe more.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #58: Apr 19, 2011 10:33:22 pm
      F**k the squad signings we should have confidence in our youth having a f**king average lad like Jarvis filling up squads places will only stop the development of two of our brightest prospects Sterling and Suso.

How the f**k is that being negative if I'm not mistaken Jarvis plays with Wolves Sterling and Suso play with us. Jarvis will disappear like other one season wonders

Everyone is forgetting the fact that he puts in 10 quality crosses a game (average). Think what him and Carroll could do.

However, I think there are tons of better options out there than him, and I would love to have him as a squad player, but you are right, we need starters not squad players.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #59: Apr 19, 2011 10:50:24 pm
      No we don't need a squad player we need a top quality winger to play first team football now something Jarvis is clearly not.

We don't need a 25 year squad player to take up positions in the squad that can be filled by Sterling or maybe Suso who I'm aware does his best work in the centre and pay what maybe £10 million for.

It would be an idiotic signing and I don't think it will happen personally.

I think you'll find it was you LFC looking for the row here, I was giving my opinion of a player that plays with Wolves ya Wolves not Liverpool and saying he would not be a good signing for the club and would only take up squad places our talented young players could take.

I was complimenting our players and being negative about someone else player. So fairly obvious unless your a Wolves fan you were looking for a row or maybe you didn't even read my post and justed posted the same sh*t you usually do

You're the one swearing all over the place and accusing me of not knowing who our youth players are.

I just had a quick post on LFCReds before nipping out.
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Reply #60: Apr 19, 2011 10:56:20 pm
      I think Comolli was referencing to players like Jarvis, when he was stating that the youth need to be able to to see a place for themselves in the first team. Jarvis will completely hinder the likes of Silva, Suso and Sterling development. He will be an expensive luxury and one who I personally don't rate.
      Cuttsy888
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 295 posts |
      Reply #61: Apr 20, 2011 12:11:24 am
      Lad is a one season wonder and to be honest in recent weeks he has disappeared. If he is good enough to be a Liverpool player lot of players in the Premiership are good enough.

he was in wolves best 3 last season , a reason they stayed up
      Cuttsy888
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 295 posts |
      Reply #62: Apr 20, 2011 12:21:54 am
      the reason we havent been up the top is our squad depth we currently have no wingers in the first team squad. We have players who used to play on the wing but have lost there pace Maxi , JCole jovanovic and are crap not at liverpool standard.
      The signing of Jcole was before the current owners and he was bought in becuase he was free
      We need depth and im say our reserves cannot be rushed into the 1st team
      I think we are getting a big head about our youth system AMT with flanno , robbo and spearing
      We need 3 new wingers in this coming window.
      1 class winger to start 20m+ (mata , young ETC)
      1 good winger for the bench 5-10m (matt jarvis)
      1 bosman or cheap (that french guy)
      then we will still have sterling for cover , or kuyt or suarez if we really need.
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Reply #63: Apr 20, 2011 12:33:22 am
      the reason we havent been up the top is our squad depth we currently have no wingers in the first team squad. We have players who used to play on the wing but have lost there pace Maxi , JCole jovanovic and are crap not at liverpool standard.
      The signing of Jcole was before the current owners and he was bought in becuase he was free
      I think we are getting a big head about our youth system AMT with flanno , robbo and spearing
      then we will still have sterling for cover , or kuyt or suarez if we really need.

We have a right to be big headed about our youth system as the people in charge are the top class of youth coaches. I want a top class winger like yourself but to put 2 more wingers in just for numbers is ludicrous. We don't have money to be throwing around on players like Jarvis when young players like Suso, Raheem, Tom Ince and Toni Silva are showing great promise and capability of stepping up. If you think Marveaux should be signed just because he is a bosman/cheap you don't realize the effect that that has on a young player trying to break through. We need to show confidence in them not belittle them with pointless signings like Jarvis and Marveaux.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #64: Apr 20, 2011 12:35:34 am

We need 2 class wingers IMO. And then 1 backup.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #65: Apr 20, 2011 09:35:32 am
      In one year time Sterling will be better than Jarvis. It would be an absolute waste of £10 million plus
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #66: Apr 22, 2011 02:23:36 pm
      In one year time Sterling will be better than Jarvis. It would be an absolute waste of £10 million plus

You like repeating yourself don't you.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #67: Apr 22, 2011 03:20:06 pm
      Didnt say that yet maybe u should get your eyes checked you appear to be seeing double
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #68: Apr 22, 2011 05:00:33 pm
      That is very true corbally mate.

Quick Reply