Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Suarez loving Liverpool life

Read 3484 times
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Mar 27, 2011 09:58:56 am

Luis Suarez has revealed how much he is enjoying life at Liverpool and experiencing a new style of football in the Barclays Premier League.

Our No.7 has instantly become a Kop hero with some wonderful displays in a red shirt and plaudits have come his way by how quickly he has settled into England.

"The pace of the Premier League is completely different to where I've played before," Suarez told The Redmen.

"It's unlike the Netherlands, it's unlike Uruguay and it's unlike playing in the World Cup.

"This is a big league and it's got its own way of doing things.

"You have to be strong and be able to play very physically. You have to be able to adapt to the way the game is played.

"In other leagues defences play very tight but here you get space. I'm enjoying it."

Last month saw Suarez return to Ajax when he was given a wonderful send-off by their supporters who idolised him.

"It was very important for me to be able to go back to Ajax," he said.

"I was always treated very well by the fans there The way they recognised me when I was leaving is something not many people get to experience.

"I was very lucky to experience that."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/suarez-loving-liverpool-life

Come on, Luis, even judas said the same....  :roll:

We've got a real gem in our books.  :)
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Re: Suarez loving Liverpool life
      Reply #1: Mar 27, 2011 10:07:09 am
      Unlike Torres he has an ongoing empathy with supporters of his former club which proves he has conducted himself in a fair and honourable manner - another dissimilarity with Torres.
      It does look as though we have a diamond in Suarez.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #2: Mar 27, 2011 10:26:44 am
      He did go back to Atletico Madrid when he signed for us. I think all the successes with Spain have affected Spanish heads!

Something makes me think Torres has changed as a person.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #3: Mar 27, 2011 10:38:32 am

Something makes me think Torres has changed as a person.
      I thought so at the time and I still think it was his bird who turned his head with just having the bambino and all she would be wielding some power, if she expressed some reservations about being in Liverpool he would be thinking in terms of the whole family situation.
      There were rumours flying round to that effect and if there were any substance to them that could explain why Torres experienced an apparent brainstorm.
      On topic - If Suarez is happy with life in Liverpool it's more icing on the cake. 
      « Last Edit: Mar 27, 2011 12:48:13 pm by stuey »
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #4: Mar 27, 2011 10:52:49 am
      I remember Torre$ talking about how the Premier League was taking it's toll on him. Maybe he set himself two years before heading back to Spain and went to Chelsea for the pay deal before heading home. Either way thanks Nando 50 million well spent for us. Suarez is already starting to deliver and Carroll has fantastic potential
      kornwall02
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 97 posts |
      Reply #5: Mar 27, 2011 10:54:52 am
      i love having having luis here and im so glad he is settling in really well and loves life so far but.... i just hope to god/science (depending on your beliefs) we build upon his signing with more quality signings!! i really dont want him to feel like the team are starting to rely on him for something special every match. thats alot of pressure for one guy and would probably do his head in after a while. i actually feel that might have been something torres felt at athletico and with us, hence him moving on from both. to be honest that might have been part of the reason why gerrard entertained the idea of moving on a few years ago.

if luis starts to feel like he has noone else to support or suppliment his talent he may not love liverpool life down the road. but i do have faith in FSG to add great players to our squad in future years.....theres no point in getting one or two token quality signings (carroll, suarez) if the rest bought to back them up are not up to task. the money spent on carroll and suarez could be seen as wasted if not backed up by more quality.

i hope this isnt to far off topic.
      Bamaga
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #6: Mar 27, 2011 11:55:36 am
      A legend in the making.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #7: Mar 27, 2011 03:34:07 pm
      Unlike Torres he has an ongoing empathy with supporters of his former club which proves he has conducted himself in a fair and honourable manner - another dissimilarity with Torres.
      It does look as though we have a diamond in Suarez.
      But that's because there's a difference between Ajax and our club. If Suarez would have left us in the way he left them then we wouldn't be all too happy with him. It wasn't too long before he left that he said he wanted to finish the season and was happy at Ajax etc. But Ajax supporters know their club aren't capable of keeping players like Suarez for long, that's why they're ok with it. I wouldn't read too much into Suarez' loyalty. He will say and do all the right things while at a club, but he will leave if he feels something better comes along, like he always has so far. But as long as we perform well in the next years that shouldn't be a problem, unless Barcelona comes along which I doubt will happen.
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #8: Mar 27, 2011 05:43:32 pm
      have we lost a game when he has played?his talent is awesome so much it elevates other players game around him. only star players can do that.he is very inspiring he puts on a soccer workshop every game he plays. he demolished man utd. then his goal against sunderland was a real gem
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #9: Mar 27, 2011 06:15:42 pm
      But that's because there's a difference between Ajax and our club. If Suarez would have left us in the way he left them then we wouldn't be all too happy with him. It wasn't too long before he left that he said he wanted to finish the season and was happy at Ajax etc. But Ajax supporters know their club aren't capable of keeping players like Suarez for long, that's why they're ok with it. I wouldn't read too much into Suarez' loyalty. He will say and do all the right things while at a club, but he will leave if he feels something better comes along, like he always has so far. But as long as we perform well in the next years that shouldn't be a problem, unless Barcelona comes along which I doubt will happen.
      There is always going to be the chance of a club coming in that meets with a players aspirations and that goes for Ajax, LFC, manUre whoever, if the move is beneficial to the player there will only be one outcome.
      I hear what you're saying Dex about Suarez and all his fine words to the Alax supporters and if he did a Torres nobody would be amused and that's putting it mildly, there is one mitigating factor which would apply here as it did with Ajax and that is the spondoolies involved. I don't really know how much Ajax creamed with his transfer but as with Torres a tidy profit must have been involved which somehow goes to assuage the feelings of betrayal, if Suarez were to leave no doubt the same situation would apply.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #10: Mar 27, 2011 06:44:39 pm
      He also left Groningen in a really bad way though. Actually took them to arbitration to force a move to Ajax, but he lost. Talked with Ajax behind their backs too. Made the situation impossible for Groningen, so they eventually had to let him go.

Only saying this to warn people.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #11: Mar 27, 2011 06:47:26 pm
      He also left Groningen in a really bad way though. Actually took them to arbitration to force a move to Ajax, but he lost. Talked with Ajax behind their backs too. Made the situation impossible for Groningen, so they eventually had to let him go.

I heard about this. I guess the moral of this is if we have a really bad season he will be looking to jump ship.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #12: Mar 27, 2011 07:13:23 pm

What I was saying mate is that we can only gain financially if it did go tits up but thanks for the heads up with Suarez best be prepared ay.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #13: Mar 29, 2011 03:35:06 am
      I heard about this. I guess the moral of this is if we have a really bad season he will be looking to jump ship.

I would say that the moral should be,make sure we do not have a really bad season. Got to have faith in Kenny Dalglish.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #14: Mar 29, 2011 09:36:34 am
      a happy camper is a productive camper, we like this.

people change and footballers change. torres, i am convinced, changed and moved on. because suarez has come out with these positive comments, it doesn't mean he will love lfc forever and ever...but it's a good sign that he's settled and happy. just hope he stays that way.

either way, the lad is well on the way to becoming a world class striker.
      Plantman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts |
      • Youll*Never*Walk*Alone
      Reply #15: Mar 29, 2011 10:01:32 am
      Players have the power now, but who cares, he is our player :)

We know loyalty is rare but we dont need to get down about players leaving a couple of months after they sign!

The future is bright...stop being so down, if he left we would sign another.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #16: Mar 29, 2011 01:37:10 pm

If he keeps scoring and nutmegging anyone who comes within 2 feet of him, I don't care! :D

Quick Reply