Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Battlefield 3

Read 50561 times
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Re: Battlefield 3
      Reply #437: Apr 11, 2012 09:00:07 am
      This new patch had killed the whole F***ing game.

I'm not very happy with it either. I've had to ditch the famas because the recoil has made it unusable for a start
      ! By far the biggest problem is with the servers now though. People are renting servers and calling them DICE so they look like legit ones and them booting opposition players so they can win maps!
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #438: Apr 12, 2012 06:17:25 pm
      Its gone to the pits.

The supp is fu**ed up.

The recoil on every weapon is much harder to control now. I still cant come to terms with what attachments to use, at the moment I'm using the AEK with foregrip and HB. Loved the suppressor on my gun but now its useless. I was only starting to love the M16A3 but i dont know what attachments to use on it now.

And ye the servers are ridiculous, Admin's being proper dicks and kicking people if the match isn't going their way.

Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #439: Apr 12, 2012 06:43:26 pm
      I still cant come to terms with what attachments to use, at the moment I'm using the AEK with foregrip and HB. Loved the suppressor on my gun but now its useless. I was only starting to love the M16A3 but i dont know what attachments to use on it now.

Just asked my mate who spends most of his life on the game and he says that with the M16A3, he uses the foregrip and suppressor. Don't know if that helps.

Personally I now use the L85A2 assault rifle with foregrip and heavy barrel. It's not quite as powerful as the Famas I used previously but the recoil is minimal and it's accurate at range, I'm getting quite good with it. You need to complete the 'Professional Russian' assignment to get that though.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #440: Apr 12, 2012 08:48:06 pm
      Just asked my mate who spends most of his life on the game and he says that with the M16A3, he uses the foregrip and suppressor. Don't know if that helps.
      Thats the setup i used before the patch but its nowhere near as good now. Someone said use no foregrip and HB, ill try that tonight. I know Res uses this weapon, ill see what he recommends.

Personally I now use the L85A2 assault rifle with foregrip and heavy barrel. It's not quite as powerful as the Famas I used previously but the recoil is minimal and it's accurate at range, I'm getting quite good with it. You need to complete the 'Professional Russian' assignment to get that though.

Dying to unlock that weapon but i just cant stand SQ TDM and none of my mates will help me out either, bas**rds.
      redmau5
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts |
      Reply #441: Apr 12, 2012 10:03:57 pm
      Fotegrip just cancels out the hb.

Best guns right now is sks, and the new usas m26/darts used in underslug and hb
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #442: Apr 14, 2012 11:45:41 am
      1700 tickets in operation metro. 187-79. 38000 Score. Total time 93 minutes :-*

Shooted my SPM to 500.
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #443: Apr 15, 2012 02:58:49 pm
      Dying to unlock that weapon but i just cant stand SQ TDM and none of my mates will help me out either, bas**rds.

Nor mine, what console you on or pc?, I really want that gun, loved it in BF2.
      Only need to win 4 more.......I bloody hate that mode though :(
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #444: Apr 16, 2012 04:57:51 pm
      I had that same problem. I spent a LOT of time playing SDM over and over trying to get this assignment. Every time I had a really good game and got loads of kills, my squad would let me down and even when we won a round, they'd all quit before the next map. I think most players, like me, just play SDM to get their 5 wins then leave. I've got no intention of going back to it unless 3 of my mates want a go of it at some point.

I don't know if this was something that changed with the patch but I've noticed that aircraft are really difficult to lock on to now, unless they have been laser designated. It makes maps such as Karg Island very hard work if the opposing team have a couple of decent pilots on their side!
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #445: Apr 16, 2012 06:02:15 pm
      I don't know if this was something that changed with the patch but I've noticed that aircraft are really difficult to lock on to now, unless they have been laser designated. It makes maps such as Karg Island very hard work if the opposing team have a couple of decent pilots on their side!

Noticed the same myself, must have looked like a right n00b standing there trying to lock-on to a chopper for 5mins, I gave up in the end and changed to a regular rpg. that's the only issue I have with the patch, considering Iam usually on my own and the teams I join never work as a team.so no designators for me :(
      redmau5
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts |
      Reply #446: Apr 17, 2012 12:23:44 am
      Just had 4 of us join sdm to help 1 get the l85a2.  Only took 6 games to get the 5 wins.  Think all of us used the m26 darts.  There perfect for sdm.  Can easily get 20 kills by yourself.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #447: Apr 18, 2012 01:04:07 am
      Like a noob!!

Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      Reply #448: Apr 18, 2012 04:33:34 pm
      You'll be fine mate. Hows the lag for you in BF3 and how many bars/dots do you get in MW3??
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #449: Apr 18, 2012 11:52:22 pm
      You'll be fine mate. Hows the lag for you in BF3 and how many bars/dots do you get in MW3??

Well, I can't get to play BF3 here in the UK so I've only been playing MW3 but back in Malaysia, I never really experienced any lag with BF3.

But I should start playing it when I return!!
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #450: Apr 30, 2012 12:34:25 pm
      spent 3hours last night trying to win SQDM, I didnt....not one.
      I hate that game mode but I have to keep playing, I want My L85A2 back :(
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #451: Apr 30, 2012 01:19:25 pm
      spent 3hours last night trying to win SQDM, I didnt....not one.
      I hate that game mode but I have to keep playing, I want My L85A2 back :(
      Only ever played 7 matches and that was the other night, got lucky and won 5 of them.
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #452: Apr 30, 2012 04:19:25 pm
      Only ever played 7 matches and that was the other night, got lucky and won 5 of them.

Rub it in why dont you :P

One of these days I'll get a team that are half decent, and hopefully everyone else will stay, even though we are winning, unlike last night- 33 up closest squad up was on 15, and everyone quit :(.
      One day I'll have it back........one day :)
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #453: May 28, 2012 11:28:41 pm
      My 9yr old son was at my house last weekend. He plays MW2 and 3 at his so is actually not bad at them. I've only got MW (though I've rented both MW2 and 3 for a while so know they're just the same thing) so had a few games of that against him.
      With playing Battlefield 3 so much, I forgot how stupidly easy MW is! Don't worry about minor details like recoil, just aim at the enemy and hold the trigger until they drop. We played first to 9 kills and if I beat him 6-3, at least 5 of my kills would be headshots.

Afterwards, I let him have a go of my BF3 online and he was blown away by it. For a while he was just running around with an RPG, blowing up walls and cars parked in the streets, haha. He also commented on how good the sound was compared to MW3. He had a go at driving tanks, humvees and a plane and would have sat there all day if I hadn't dragged him out to a beer garden!
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #454: Jun 02, 2012 03:39:45 pm
      Anyone getting Battlefield Premium? I think it's well worth the $50/€50/£35+

BF - Battlefield PREMIUM Revealed | FEATURES & COST
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #455: Jun 05, 2012 07:14:48 pm
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #456: Jun 19, 2012 07:18:13 am
      So what are peoples thoughts on the latest expansion?

This was always going to be the one that I wasn't particularly looking forward to as it read like it was going to be a bit CoD style but as it's included in the Premium pack, it makes sense to get all expansions now.

First thing that hit me about the Close Quarters gameplay was that it has very much the same feel as Raindow Six : Vegas 2. Anyone who's played that online should know what I mean and it's no bad thing. In general though I'm not a fan of Team Deathmatch but having new maps to play on obviously helps.

What I do find pretty good about this is the Gun Master mode.
      Everyone starts off with a basic pistol. Once you've killed two people, you move on to a semi automatic pistol, then a Magnum, then a PDW, then semi automatic rifle and so on. It's a little bit like Sharpshooter in MW but the difference being that you don't all move up at the same time, it's based purely on your kills. This means that if you're slow to start killing, you end up running around with a pistol and everyone else has an assault rifle or shotgun  :D

Having new Assignments is also a bonus.

It's good but it's the other expansions I'm looking forward to.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      Reply #457: Jul 07, 2012 05:30:04 pm
      I am now Level 100 Battlefield. 8)
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #458: Jul 11, 2012 08:44:58 am
      congratz, im still at 70
      redmau5
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts |
      Reply #459: Jul 16, 2012 07:16:20 pm

I've seen way too many col 100s just suck balls now.  Most of the reason is the double xp.  The scary people in the game are the ones that are low ranks.  Due to a lot of good players making new accounts. 

Quick Reply