Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Battlefield 3

Read 50549 times
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Re: Battlefield 3
      Reply #483: Sep 18, 2012 01:38:09 pm
      Have to agree (though I'm on Xbox). As Res said earlier...

There's a couple of the new maps that are decent enough but ruined by that Gunship, surely added to pander to the CoD fanboys. I remember my main grip with BF2 was that you could be as tactical as you like but then get taken out by random artillery fire, that frustration has returned with the addition of the Gunship. It can be taken down quite easily with stingers but after you've stood there firing about 4 of those to take it down, it respawns in around 90 seconds!
      The more spread out maps are a waste of time on consoles, you spend too long trying to find someone to fight.

One positive, the quads from BF2:BC are back  ;D
      Agreed.

With native 64-player battles and no graphical constraints, I imagine these maps look fantastic and feel size-appropriate on PC. Unfortunately, each of the modes and maps suffers considerably in the translation to consoles (for the sake of these impressions I play on the Xbox 360). The graphical fidelity takes a hit for the sake of creating larger maps, and the 24-player cap results in an uneven experience. Sometimes conquest battles feel like classic Battlefield. Other times, you’re capping flags without running into any enemy resistance because the control points are spaced so far apart and there aren't enough bodies to keep the hot zone hot.

Rush mode suffers the worst, as the attacking team is granted sole custody of the deadly AC-130. Because the attackers have this game changer (plus tanks and AMTRACs to boot), the 12-person defending team is overwhelmed. Death from above is the rule, not the exception; it’s not uncommon to see the two people in the AC-130 cockpit sit atop the leaderboards with upwards of 30 kills a round. Skilled pilots and coordinated stinger strikes can take down the gunship effectively, but it respawns so quickly that defenders always have to be concerned. When several of the 12 people on the defending team are either dying instantly thanks to unseen shots from above or scrambling to target the AC-130 throughout the match, it’s easy for the attacking team to detonate the M-Com stations in short order.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,538 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #484: Sep 20, 2012 05:46:51 pm
      10th Anniversary so all Battlefield games £10 or under, including Battlefield 3! If you havnt got it, get it! PC only! Today only I think.

http://store.origin.com/store/eaemea/en_GB/DisplayCategoryProductListPage/categoryID.60028300/childCategoryID.60028300
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #485: Sep 21, 2012 07:56:47 pm
      @Res: nice vid. I prefer Aek with the iron sight tho. Subbed to your channel

Cheers fella ;)

Just created another, quick, 15-second movie. But it's entertaining as F**k! ;D

Uploading now!
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #486: Sep 21, 2012 09:26:42 pm
      Here:

BF3 reslivo - SURPRISE!

Make sure to watch in 1080p.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #487: Sep 21, 2012 09:41:45 pm

Looks like Central Station. Gonna need a new re-fit.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #488: Oct 13, 2012 12:11:21 am
      EA have sneakily taken out all the "new" weapons in the upcoming Aftermath & Endgame DLCs.

Idiots.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #489: Oct 14, 2012 12:19:58 pm
      I hop to God Endgame DLC is Dino mode.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #490: Nov 24, 2012 08:03:02 pm
      Anyone think of a name for a platoon im creating?

Trying to attract Irish players!

Nothing Korny, something humorous or silly :D

Smell of Irish?
      Irish Scag bags?  :D
      Irish potato Posse?
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #491: Jan 12, 2013 07:12:10 pm
      So what do people think of the latest expansion, Aftermath? I don't play BF3 as much as I did but this is the best expansion so far.

For those who haven't seen it, Aftermath is a load of new maps set after an earthquake has taken place. One of the best things about BF3 is the destructible environments and when these are combined with maps that are already partly destroyed by tremors, it can get pretty chaotic. There's also some tremors during each round so they can really put you off when you're trying to line up a shot! On top of that there's new vehicles and weapons, including the silent but deadly crossbow and the Scavenger game mode where you start without a weapon and hunt around for randomly placed guns.

The two previous expansions were such a let down that I'd started to lose interest but I think I'll try to get back on this more now.
      redmau5
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts |
      Reply #492: Jan 30, 2013 03:38:25 pm
      So what do people think of the latest expansion, Aftermath? I don't play BF3 as much as I did but this is the best expansion so far.

For those who haven't seen it, Aftermath is a load of new maps set after an earthquake has taken place. One of the best things about BF3 is the destructible environments and when these are combined with maps that are already partly destroyed by tremors, it can get pretty chaotic. There's also some tremors during each round so they can really put you off when you're trying to line up a shot! On top of that there's new vehicles and weapons, including the silent but deadly crossbow and the Scavenger game mode where you start without a weapon and hunt around for randomly placed guns.

The two previous expansions were such a let down that I'd started to lose interest but I think I'll try to get back on this more now.

I love them.  Constant action at about all times.  Maps where well designed with no choke points.  Only bad thing I see is the one map with all those skyscrapers.   All those retarted ass snipers camping up there.  I like to win, with these idiots your going to lose.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #493: Jan 30, 2013 05:39:42 pm
      I love them.  Constant action at about all times.  Maps where well designed with no choke points.  Only bad thing I see is the one map with all those skyscrapers.   All those retarted ass snipers camping up there.  I like to win, with these idiots your going to lose.

Haha, yeah but snipers are a pain in the arse on any game that has them.
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Reply #494: Jul 16, 2013 12:40:16 am
      Can't believe I never played this until last week. Absolutely outstanding. just finished the campaign then.

The first Modern warfare was the last shooter game I enjoyed, since then I've always thought 1st person shooters were dogshit - This is class!

Just about to start online.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #495: Jul 16, 2013 09:18:48 am

I'd go buy a spare controller first. It's the best online FPS I've played but also the most frustrating, you'll get sick of dying!
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,383 posts | 2823 
      Reply #496: Jul 16, 2013 11:25:50 am
      This is free on PlayStation+ right now by the way.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #497: Jul 16, 2013 01:47:01 pm
      Take out the artillery and it would be on par with COD4. I just don't like games that you can whore tanks, attack helicopters, etc, and just rack up the kills no problem at all. Rest of the game is sweet though when you take that out.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #498: Jul 16, 2013 02:57:44 pm
      Take out the artillery and it would be on par with COD4. I just don't like games that you can whore tanks, attack helicopters, etc, and just rack up the kills no problem at all. Rest of the game is sweet though when you take that out.

I love the fact that you can jump into jets, choppers, tanks, humvees, boats bikes and whatever but if you don't like that, there are plenty of infantry only maps/servers. Only downside is that you have to own.the right expansion.
      Bier
      Reply #499: Jul 16, 2013 04:48:55 pm
      Yeah, I love all the vehicles too. But that's also because I don't care much about kills, I prefer objective based gamemodes over death match stuff.

Quick Reply