Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

El Hadji Diouf - No wonder we sold him

Read 20449 times
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      El Hadji Diouf - No wonder we sold him
      Aug 13, 2007 11:06:49 pm
      LINK

Sammy Lee understands El Hadji Diouf's frustration at being left out of Bolton Wanderers' starting line-up.

Diouf was a second-half substitute in Saturday's 3-1 defeat to Newcastle United and has expressed his disappointment with Lee's decision.

The Senegal forward had claimed he would seek talks with the Bolton boss, if he continued to be overlooked for a starting role.

Lee has no qualms with Diouf's reaction to his decision, insisting he wants his players to be fighting for a spot in his team.

Competition

"Diouf is always talking to me and I am pleased he is disappointed," said the Bolton boss.

"We felt it was the right starting line-up. Unfortunately Ricardo Vaz Te was injured and had to come off.

"Everyone then saw Diouf's quality and I can understand his frustration.

"But I want competition for places. I do not want people to feel they are automatic choices.

"It is important people are always looking over their shoulders and being spurred on by other players."

Okay, it would be different if he hadn't been started for 5 or 6 games. But come on, I'm sure Sammy was only experimenting with his side. Seeing that it is his first game of the season.

Diouf is completely paranoid.  He must think that Lee has a grudge over him because he was at Liverpool when Diouf joined and was shown the door. 

We all remember when we first played against him when he was in Bolton colours.  He said in an interview that all his previous team mates wanted to kill him.  Nuts?  Maybe a straight jacket needed.  But this guy seriously has some problems.

One thing I hate Diouf for is spitting at fans.  And he's done it before at players on the pitch.  Disgraceful attitude.

Glad he's not our problem any more!!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: El Hadji Diouf - No wonder we sold him
      Reply #1: Aug 13, 2007 11:38:48 pm
      Absolute k**b. Can't stand him - the only ex Liverpool player in that category for me. He's deluded and he'll never change. Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up going to a relegation side in the winter transfer window. What Houllier ever seen in him, I'll never know (but let's not go there).

As for Sammy, I hope he puts his foot down and doesn't put up with with any nonsense. He's made a bold step into management and there's no need for him to be explaining himself after the first game because of Diouf!
      drawde
      • Forum David Johnson

• 234 posts | -1 
      • Adward
      Reply #2: Aug 14, 2007 01:00:34 pm
      What's a k**b?

As for Diouf, he causes trouble wherever he goes.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #3: Aug 14, 2007 01:39:43 pm
      *no* ; fill in the bits that are missing and you will either get **** or the answer to you question.

Never liked him even in the world cup when he was supposed to be world class!
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #4: Aug 14, 2007 04:52:45 pm
      I dare say he will be sold before long.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #5: Aug 18, 2007 02:39:38 pm
      One horrible t w a t is diouf, heard that in rafa's first season, when he was on loan at Bolton, he slagged off rafa's family in the exec box when we played Bolton at anfield.

The only thing I could praise that c**t for was taking the piss out of a couple of our bluenose mates in the newz bar in his first season after we'd beat everton.

He's taking a slash when two of the bluenose group start taking the piss out of diouf, only for him to turn and start screaming at them "Who the F**k you" and when answered Everton, he laughed "we F**k you today"orrible

Still as said one horrible c**t - bet it was carra that wanted to batter him
      Euro5
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 24 posts |
      • Come On You RED MEN
      Reply #6: Aug 20, 2007 03:17:49 pm
      houllier bought diouf and diao for 18m after the 2002 world cup after impressing in the tournament.

but after watching his disgraceful, disgusting spitting and violent conduct he should be sent back to his homeland in disgrace.

and never return

Celtic Red
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #7: Aug 24, 2007 01:34:28 pm
      Diouf...Should never have become a LFC player, worst mistake by a manager to sign him...born muppet.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #8: Aug 24, 2007 01:37:55 pm
      houllier bought diouf and diao for 18m after the 2002 world cup after impressing in the tournament.

A common mistake this, the signings of Diouf & Diao were actually tied up before the world cup kicked off. Imagine how much we'd have paid if we signed them after  :o
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #9: Aug 24, 2007 01:46:38 pm
      Diouf was once a class player, but once he said he looks to retire from football early when he makes enough money! he doesn't try his best, he's arrogant but he could be a class little player.. shame he doesn't try!

That talent should of been gifted to someone who deserved it!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,223 posts | 2804 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #10: Aug 24, 2007 01:50:48 pm
      would say that quiet easily in my 25 years or so following Liverpool hes the least Liverpool type player we ever had. We had players who shouldnt have played cos they werent good enough but this fella actually was in my view a disgrace to the crest on the Jersey at times. Spitting at fans and rival players it disgusred me that he was ours. 
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      El-Hadji Diouf
      Reply #11: Mar 01, 2010 01:40:54 pm
      Gerrard and Diouf square off

Steven Gerrard and El Hadji Diouf had to be kept apart by police after they were involved in a bust-up in the players' tunnel.
      http://www.espnstar.com/football/news/detail/item405777/Gerrard-and-Diouf-square-off/

Both players had clashed during the Premier League game between Liverpool and Blackburn. The game, which finished 2-1 to Liverpool, was marked by some bad-tempered exchanges both on and off the pitch at Anfield.

During the game, Gerrard had reacted angrily to what he felt was a dive by Nikola Kalinic and ex-Reds striker Diouf intervened and got into a shouting match with Gerrard.

Both players continued their feud at half-time and had to be kept apart, before police officers spoke to Diouf as he re-emerged.

Off the field, Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez also continued his war of words with his Rovers counterpart Sam Allardyce.

C*nt of the highest order. Can't believe he used to play for us.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,277 posts | 799 
      Re: El-Hadji Diouf
      Reply #12: Mar 01, 2010 01:45:09 pm
      An absolute disgrace of a player, thinks he's untouchable! Would love to have seen gerrard knock the sh*te out of the ugly, spitting, cheating heap of manure! ;D
      MrKite
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 475 posts | -2 
      Reply #13: Mar 01, 2010 03:19:37 pm
      What a terrible player. Horrid that he used to play for us.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #14: Mar 01, 2010 04:23:18 pm
      Absolute bellend of the highest order,cannot believe we spunked £11 million on that turd....
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #15: Mar 01, 2010 04:51:33 pm
      F***ing pr**k him and fat Sam are a match made in hell.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #16: Mar 01, 2010 04:57:31 pm
      I know it's a horrible thing to say, but he's one of the people that I simply would not care if he died.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #17: Mar 01, 2010 05:12:08 pm
      I'd give him a touch.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #18: Mar 01, 2010 05:12:57 pm
      I know it's a horrible thing to say, but he's one of the people that I simply would not care if he died.

:lmao:
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #19: Mar 01, 2010 06:19:41 pm
      What a sack of sh*t.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #20: Mar 01, 2010 06:23:32 pm
      He does want a serious slapping.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #21: Mar 01, 2010 06:40:41 pm
      sh*t at football, and sh*t at sucking off refs because he still got booked on Sunday.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #22: Mar 01, 2010 06:57:32 pm
      Personality aside for a mo', looking at his footballing abilities:

You know there's certain players that you just don't 'get'. He's one of them. I don't get what he offers to a team apart from more bookings and the worry of going down to 10 men. Or is he there as a tactical ploy for winding up just like Savage was?

Quick Reply