Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Skrtel
      (33%)
      Wilson
      (6.1%)
      Suarez
      (16.5%)
      Carroll
      (0.9%)
      Reina
      (37.4%)
      Somebody else
      (6.1%)

West Brom 2-1 Liverpool - post match fury

Read 42469 times
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Re: West Brom 2-1 Liverpool - post match fury
      Reply #713: Apr 02, 2011 09:28:26 pm

Great video.

He's such an amazing player that it's just so unbelievable. Definitely the best Liverpool player I've ever seen in my life supporting the Reds as of now.

He's hardly been scoring like these anymore due to the fact he's getting older.  :f_wah:
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #714: Apr 02, 2011 09:28:55 pm
      As soon as Agger went off, I feared for us. Then as usual when he isn't in the team, we decided to just to defend the 18 yard line because of the chronic lack of pace in the central and flank areas. Thus the whole team was too deep to support Carroll who had a stinker and Suarez who produced the only decent football for us all avro.

The real problem and it has been this way for almost two years is that we do not have a leader in centre midfield to take possession of the ball and crucially push the team 10-15 yards up the pitch. Anyone who thinks we don't need a proper playmaker in centre midfield is seriously thick or stubbornly in denial.

So now we've lost to all three promoted teams, Brom, Blackpool twice and Newcastle. As well as losses to West Ham and Wolves it must be clear that we've lacked the skill, guile and sheer nous to break these team down. No doubt Lucas will get pilloried but what about Raul M who was anonymous again, bar one corner kick. Hardly world class when you can't influence matches against the teams above mentioned is it...?

So to summarize our day.

Hoof, hoof, hoof, pointless booking, hoof, hoof, pointless booking, hoof, half-time.

Hoof, hoof, corner, GOAL! Skrtel scores!, hoof, hoof, penalty even though
      it's not, GOAL! Brunt scores peno!, hoof, hoof, hoof, penalty even
      though it's not, GOAL! Brunt scores peno!, hoof.

Full-time 2-1.

WBA were much better than us and deserved to win, because they were far, far, far better in possession. We have too many journeymen and technically poor players who lack pace.
      I agree its extremely obvious Kenny. I thought it was equally obvious against Sunderland in the first half..... but we won that game so I had to be taking the piss when I said we needed better quality in midfield.

The problem we have is people seem to think its was an off day by our midfield today. The truth is we played as well as we were allowed to. Neither Lucas or Spearing are ever going to dominate a team with their passing , neither are they going to cut a team open with incisive passes. The best we can hope for is that they do a "job" and hold their own allowing our better players (Gerrard) to produce the quality we desperately need.

Sadly without Gerrard and with no quality out wide we are always going to struggle while we are dependent on Lucas and Spearing having to step up and try to make the difference.

Keeping possession, playing safe 5 yard passes is great when you have others making and creating for the team, but when those players arn't available we just look a midtable side.
      In fairness S@int, Meireles's job today was to do the creativity. He offered F**k all and went hiding, as he has in many away games this season, it could be argued that he was out of position but your quality should shine through no matter where you play. Look at Johnson since he moved to LB. Meireles's lack of fight is a big worry IMO.

Lucas, Meireles and Spearing's performance today deserve every bit of criticism they get for it.

Three really good posts lads.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #715: Apr 02, 2011 09:33:30 pm
      In fairness S@int, Meireles's job today was to do the creativity. He offered f**k all and went hiding, as he has in many away games this season, it could be argued that he was out of position but your quality should shine through no matter where you play. Look at Johnson since he moved to LB. Meireles's lack of fight is a big worry IMO.

Lucas, Meireles and Spearing's performance today deserve every bit of criticism they get for it.

I think at the moment Meireles is being asked to play in the "old" Terry McDermott role of breaking forward once we have possession. Sadly that role depends upon other players spotting the run and finding him with a pass.......neither of which is happening at the moment.

Yes he bottles tackles but I think the main reason he looks so poor at the moment is partly due to the poor service he is getting. Of course I may be wrong and he's just playing as poorly as the other two. We will find out once Gerrard is back if its lack of quality ball or not.
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #716: Apr 02, 2011 09:44:30 pm
      I think at the moment Meireles is being asked to play in the "old" Terry McDermott role of breaking forward once we have possession. Sadly that role depends upon other players spotting the run and finding him with a pass.......neither of which is happening at the moment.

Yes he bottles tackles but I think the main reason he looks so poor at the moment is partly due to the poor service he is getting. Of course I may be wrong and he's just playing as poorly as the other two. We will find out once Gerrard is back if its lack of quality ball or not.

Unfortunately McDermott was well before my time.

Maybe we have yet to find Meireles's best position. We could say that he bottles challenges and is not up for the fight, so that would rule out CM. If we play him out wide, he is not on the ball enough, stemming from lack of creativity in said midfield. He has played his best football here just on the front man where he plenty of space to exploit. But that is also Suarez's best position and I know who I would rather play.

Gerrard's eventual comeback will tell a lot about Meireles and his best position I think.
      Zebedee
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 93 posts |
      Reply #717: Apr 02, 2011 10:36:35 pm
      Who the F**k and what the F**k gives you the right to say what you have said,are you livin' in the right world.
      Seriously  u lads need to stop living in a dream world,our team ,crop of player are just not good enough to compete at the top level or to get the team up there with the rest of them,no not these guys! no offence  meant to Rafa,but his buys are the downfall of our team! We need major reinforcement  this off season or else well find and will be a mediocre mid-table team come next season!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #718: Apr 02, 2011 10:55:44 pm
      Seriously  u lads need to stop living in a dream world,our team ,crop of player are just not good enough to compete at the top level or to get the team up there with the rest of them,no not these guys! no offence  meant to Rafa,but his buys are the downfall of our team! We need major reinforcement  this off season or else well find and will be a mediocre mid-table team come next season!

It's not the players he bought that's been our downfall, it's the players he had to let go and couldn't replace.

Hardly his fault mate and we all know we've needed major reinforcements since the asset stripping started nearly 3 years ago.  

It's not rocket science to realise that when you sell the crown jewels and replace them with fakes the quality is no longer there.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #719: Apr 02, 2011 11:48:31 pm
      Same as Kenny,well informed and to the point.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #720: Apr 02, 2011 11:57:07 pm
      It's not the players he bought that's been our downfall, it's the players he had to let go and couldn't replace.

Hardly his fault mate and we all know we've needed major reinforcements since the asset stripping started nearly 3 years ago. 

It's not rocket science to realise that when you sell the crown jewels and replace them with fakes the quality is no longer there.
      Well said Debbs,I tend not to contribute until the level of sh*te,reaches a certain level,or we are faced with gobsh*tes in control,but I fear a witch-hunt looming,that we do not need.So my view is leave well alone,until the end of the season,and trust in Kenny and Comoli to put it right in the summer.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #721: Apr 03, 2011 12:09:26 am
      The team we had out today may not have been our strongest team, but everyone of our players are stonger than those of West Brom. It's clear that there is a problem with the players attitudes when up against "weaker teams "
      The players seem to find it hard to raise themselves for these games, I don't understand why playing for Liverpool in the premier league isn't enough to get these guys motivated, regardles of the opposition.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,146 posts | 4897 
      Reply #722: Apr 03, 2011 12:14:49 am
      The team we had out today may not have been our strongest team, but everyone of our players are stonger than those of West Brom. It's clear that there is a problem with the players attitudes when up against "weaker teams "
      The players seem to find it hard to raise themselves for these games, I don't understand why playing for Liverpool in the premier league isn't enough to get these guys motivated, regardles of the opposition.

Been like that for quite some time mate and I agree it is a problem that needs to be addressed.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #723: Apr 03, 2011 12:32:55 am
      I'm as pissed off as anyone, but the reality is, when certain senior players are unavailable, we just don't have the quality in reserve. We seem to cope if one ore two are out but any more than that and we struggle. When Agger and johnson went off, it was just too much for us without the steel in the engine room and no width either. Have to say I think that's the season over. Just have to hang in there now and see what the summer brings. Still behind the team and the manager, whoever they may be, but in the realisation that things have to change player wise in the next window.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #724: Apr 03, 2011 12:34:50 am
      Just to add to that, didn't vote for motm, but only because I only saw the highlights and it wasn't enough to give a fair judgement.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6696 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #725: Apr 03, 2011 12:35:46 am
      F***ing gutted again.

Watched the match through beer googles last night but I didn't need to be straight to tell;

The Ref was a c**t

We lacked all sense of width

Our Midfield gave us nothing

Sotis was slow and clumsy

We lost 2 quality defenders for 90% of the match

and the Ref was a c**t.

What stuns me is that Odemwinghe bloke was running rings around us. Why couldn't Kenny or more importantly Carra, who was our Captain and our most experienced defender out there say, hey Skrtel you pick him up, Sotis' is getting teared a new one by this bloke!!!!  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I'm sick of losing but I'm more sick of losing to these F***ing relegation threatened teams when we should be wiping the floor with them. Do we have some F***ing contract with these sides? It happens year in, year out  :mad: :mad: :mad:

Having said all that, I fully expect us now to come out and beat Citeh!
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,665 posts | 883 
      Reply #726: Apr 03, 2011 02:39:55 am
      i am proud of being a liverpool supporter but i am really really tired of all the sh*te players and moaning on the forum. I am beginning to believe that the gods dont like us. 
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #727: Apr 03, 2011 04:03:46 am
      trouble is we never know what liverpool team will show up usually for away games average score just above 1 goal per game. they did deserve to win.carroll is always getting manhandled and not getting fair treatment by referees. the two injuries swayed the game in there favour.saurez is always goal hungry should have had one today skertel played good offload sotis he is a liability,
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #728: Apr 03, 2011 05:37:04 am
      F***ing gutted again.

Watched the match through beer googles last night but I didn't need to be straight to tell;

The Ref was a c**t

We lacked all sense of width

Our Midfield gave us nothing

Sotis was slow and clumsy

We lost 2 quality defenders for 90% of the match

and the Ref was a c**t.

What stuns me is that Odemwinghe bloke was running rings around us. Why couldn't Kenny or more importantly Carra, who was our Captain and our most experienced defender out there say, hey Skrtel you pick him up, Sotis' is getting teared a new one by this bloke!!!!  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I'm sick of losing but I'm more sick of losing to these f**king relegation threatened teams when we should be wiping the floor with them. Do we have some f**king contract with these sides? It happens year in, year out  :mad: :mad: :mad:

Having said all that, I fully expect us now to come out and beat Citeh!

I agree with you Ian,I am only glad that the match was delayed coverage here and I did not have to stay awake half the night to watch that rubbish.After watching the thuggery from the West Brom players especially Ollsen I got to wishing we had a young Tommy Smith playing for us,Suarez and Carroll are getting the same treatment as Torres was getting and he needs some protection from the referees.It is not acceptable to be throwing away 3 points to these mediocre teams our standards are higher than that anI believe Kenny will have a good clear out over the summer and put us back were we belong-At THE TOP and feared by every other club.
      pragnorok
      • Forum David Johnson

• 222 posts |
      Reply #729: Apr 03, 2011 09:37:21 am
      after all this ranting and raving about this and that, I think everyone forgets how well we did against 14 men yesterday.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #730: Apr 03, 2011 09:46:14 am
      The team we had out today may not have been our strongest team, but everyone of our players are stonger than those of West Brom
      Exactly, our best first team is not far off, but the replacements are not of the same quality, or even near that quality.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #731: Apr 03, 2011 10:50:54 am
      I've said it before.

Fair enough, many feel that we have tons of average players in the squad but these players are only average in comparison to Arsenal, Chelsea, Man United, Man City, Spurs, Real Madrid and Barcelona's players. These players are much better than West Brom's, Wolves', Wigan's and even West Ham's!
      FRANS
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 551 posts | 19 
      Reply #732: Apr 03, 2011 11:54:22 am
      nothing to say this time.....bad result  thats all
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #733: Apr 03, 2011 12:15:46 pm
      Well said Debbs,I tend not to contribute until the level of sh*te,reaches a certain level,or we are faced with gobsh*tes in control,but I fear a witch-hunt looming,that we do not need.So my view is leave well alone,until the end of the season,and trust in Kenny and Comoli to put it right in the summer.

Agree Roy.  We've had more than our fair share of s**t over the last few years and we've fought long and hard to get ourselves back on an even keel, the last thing we need is all this in fighting.

We should be united in our support of the Club, the Owners, the Manager, the Players and just as importantly, each other.  There is nothing we can do about the situation we are in until the summer so for now we should keep calm.

If however, the much needed investment doesn't materialise, which I personally doubt, then that is the time for us to take up where we left off in October. 
      Redmen96
      • Forum Youth Player

• 20 posts |
      Reply #734: Apr 03, 2011 12:25:46 pm
      I missed this one and according to your posts it seems I've missed almost nothing. But I've watched the highlights the other day and i can tell you we played really poor. We should have smashed these kind of teams but we surprised everyone...
      The referee and his linesman were C***. But we should have played better than this...
      Anyway i really expect us to stay undefeated till the end of the season if we are to qualify for EL.
      Tadders

• 6,724 posts | 567 
      Reply #735: Apr 03, 2011 12:47:00 pm
      Beat City and this will look an even worse result. However, we are now playing for pride and we normally perform well when the pressure is off.

Quick Reply