Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Harry Kewell Injured Again

Read 6673 times
      U-Borat
      • Forum Ronnie Moran
      • Started Topic

• 398 posts | -38 
      Harry Kewell Injured Again
      Aug 14, 2007 12:39:07 pm
      http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_2660532,00.html

"Kewell is still nursing a groin injury"

A conflicting report in another article though:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/tm_method=full&objectid=19627806&siteid=50061-name_page.html

"Harry Kewell will be out for another ten days after a slight tear in his thigh."
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Re: Harry Kewell Injured Again
      Reply #1: Aug 14, 2007 12:56:13 pm
      I'd believe the Echo mate, football365 chats sh*t half the time. No surprises then, Kewell's injured again. Expect to see him back in May if we get to a final :D
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #2: Aug 14, 2007 01:14:51 pm
      OMG I can't believe it he was doing so well, hopefully he will make a speedy recovery but then again would he be sitting on the bench anyway coming second to Benayoun and Babel?  It's a shame really because I think he could have a good season. 

U-Borat
      • Forum Ronnie Moran
      • Started Topic

• 398 posts | -38 
      Reply #3: Aug 14, 2007 01:29:10 pm
      Yeah same, I thought this would be his breakout season after a healthy Asian Cup and a decent run there.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #4: Aug 14, 2007 01:31:46 pm
      I'd believe the Echo mate, football365 chats sh*t half the time. No surprises then, Kewell's injured again. Expect to see him back in May if we get to a final :D

:D

Exactly what I was about to say mate!

Final nail in his Liverpool career coffin?....
      Tallfc
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 477 posts |
      Reply #5: Aug 14, 2007 02:14:33 pm
      MR.Kewell injured again,I do not believe it :o :o :o,wonder why Rafa keeps putting up with Kewells injuries yet he got rid of Kirkland for the same reason(always injured)?
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #6: Aug 14, 2007 03:44:53 pm
      I'm starting to think Harry might be injury prone 8)
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #7: Aug 14, 2007 04:24:23 pm
      Surprise,surprise,has there ever been a more injury prone player for the reds?No doubt when we get to a final this year he will be there to collect his winners medal!
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #8: Aug 14, 2007 04:33:59 pm
      Sorry, I have been constantly willing to give Harry a chance all through his bloody injuries but if can't get a little tougher then we've got to get rid of him. And he could have been brilliant had he stayed fit...
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #9: Aug 14, 2007 04:47:07 pm
      Who is this Kewell player?does he play for us?
      Wellzy
      • Forum John Barnes

• 422 posts |
      • Sports Journalist
      Reply #10: Aug 14, 2007 04:51:35 pm
      You lot are mighty harsh on the lad, you imagine how he's feeling getting injured all the time. He is one of the premier league's best wingers went fit, so I'm not going to give up on him like half of you here.

I cant wait to see Harry Back.
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #11: Aug 14, 2007 04:54:19 pm
      Oh yeh i bet hes really gutted sitting in his big flash house picking up a nice pay check every week.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #12: Aug 14, 2007 05:02:52 pm
      You lot are mighty harsh on the lad, you imagine how he's feeling getting injured all the time. He is one of the premier league's best wingers went fit, so I'm not going to give up on him like half of you here.

I cant wait to see Harry Back.

I understand that it's not his fault he keeps getting injured & he obviously wants to be playing, but how many chances can you give someone? The forum seemed to be split before the start of the season, half saying he should go now & half saying he should get one more chance, I can't recall anyone saying he should have one more chance, get injured again & then get another chance. You have to draw the line somewhere, as this seems to only be a minor injury I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but if this is another injury that turns out to be a lot worse than initially thought then for me he has to go. We've been waiting for four years for Harry to achieve his potential, enough's enough.
      lfcwill
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 102 posts |
      Reply #13: Aug 14, 2007 06:05:01 pm
      get rid.in the couple of pre season games he played he looked good but if hes injured every 2 minutes whats the point in having him? id rather babel or benayoun played ahead of him anyway.

AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #14: Aug 14, 2007 07:17:46 pm
      Surprise,surprise,has there ever been a more injury prone player for the reds?No doubt when we get to a final this year he will be there to collect his winners medal!

Jamie Redknapp or "sicknote" as he was better known always seemed to have an injury as much as fowler had a hattrick ;D  I think I remember Darren Anderton was out quite a bit too when he was at Tottenham.  But Kewell can't be far off now, tell you what though I'd like to be injured as much is he is just to be spending time with Sheree :P >:D
      U-Borat
      • Forum Ronnie Moran
      • Started Topic

• 398 posts | -38 
      Reply #15: Aug 15, 2007 07:00:56 am
      10 days, so says the article.

Hopefully back soon, so we won't have to play the woeful Riise on the wing.
      bigredarmy
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts | -1 
      Reply #16: Aug 15, 2007 07:06:43 am
      ffs stop fooling with your groin harry!!
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #17: Aug 15, 2007 08:47:07 am
      I understand that it's not his fault he keeps getting injured & he obviously wants to be playing, but how many chances can you give someone? The forum seemed to be split before the start of the season, half saying he should go now & half saying he should get one more chance, I can't recall anyone saying he should have one more chance, get injured again & then get another chance. You have to draw the line somewhere, as this seems to only be a minor injury I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but if this is another injury that turns out to be a lot worse than initially thought then for me he has to go. We've been waiting for four years for Harry to achieve his potential, enough's enough.

I have to say I agree with you Eddie. However the chances can turn into more chances and so on and so forth until all the chances have turned into chances....... And so the cosmic ballet goes on!!!!

This doesnt detract from the fact I do feel sorry for him but it has to be said that he is now becoming a liability. The thing is once you become as prone to pick up injuries the more likely you are to get them again. This is because the fitter you get from any recovery actually makes you more prone to get further injuries of one type or another. This is not his fault but just a fact of being an athlete and points quite definately to the old cliche
      "The fitter you are the more prone to injury you become"

Personnally I feel for him as he has been probably the unluckiest of players for sometime now, but the red machine must remove the broken parts in order to be fully cohesive and running properly. I think Rafa will see this and this will more than likely be his last season with us. Sorry Harry you are nice fella and when fit done some good work for us, but the time has come for the parting of ways Im afraid. In my opion Rafa needs to be more ruthless this time round and state some facts to our Aussie mate.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,909 posts | 6833 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #18: Aug 15, 2007 09:03:14 am
      I'm gutted, really had high hopes for him this season...now this....I hope it's just 10 days and then he does what he said he'd do....promised Rafa he'd repay him for the faith he has shown in him.

C'mon Harry, really this is your last chance mate, get it together and show everyone how much you are needed on our left wing.
      batman0077
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #19: Aug 16, 2007 01:53:54 am
      that pisses me off. i love harry, and if he can't play as a red, he shouldn't play at all. he needs to get over it and go play some football!! i miss seein him out there!!
      Antz
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts |
      Reply #20: Aug 16, 2007 04:03:25 am
      I hate this so much everytime he seems to get a rhythm going sumthing happens, I hate to say but I think if he is out for more than 10 days that will be it he really can not afford to miss any more games, its early season Rafa will give the new signings a run and he will lose his position and find himself being subbed on more and more until the end of the season and then he will be sold. his only chance to stay at Anfield is: a) he has to  play the season of is frickin life and b) stay injury free from this point on, I love him hes a very talented winger and the talent behind the socceroos but you got one year left Harry, one F***n year stop f****n about and play like we all know you can.
      Richobaz
      • Only posts when we're losing...
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #21: Aug 16, 2007 09:05:21 am
      I like Kewell and rate him - but this is all getting very very boring now. 

If a player is injury prone and that is an understatement for him - he offers no consistency and relability.

So I say we just forget about him - and do not expect anything from him this season.  If he proves us wrong, then a great bonus.

Just worried we now do not have much strength down the left!
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #22: Aug 16, 2007 09:56:29 am
      I get extremely frustrated with Kewell being injured but more so at people slagging him off! A lot of people aren’t aware of what he’s going through. As John Barnes (87-97) said on TV the other day "Harry is a fantastic player who hasn’t had the best of luck. We and especially the fans need to support him as that will make the difference for him and the club in the new season". I hate it when people think he actually wanted to get injured, it would have cost him millions from the past 1 & 1/2 years for being out. A lot of people have no idea what these athletes go through! Ripping your tendons clean off of the bone and septic arthritis are serious injuries. I don’t think this latest thing, if it’s true, is anything to worry about because it said it’s only a strain and there is nothing on the lfc.tv website to suggest that he has had one. Rafa has shown faith in him because he is a fan of his and knows he is a top quality player when fit, and Harry wants repay that faith, even stating that he wants to remain a red for the rest of his career if possible, even when there were clubs sniffing around the air for him. It would have been a foolish move of the club if they did decide to let him go this summer because they spent the time getting him back to best. He’s had a fantastic pre-season and really pushed it as you can see he’s chiselled physique, so a pulled hammy or calf is bound to come up when he’s been pushing it hard after along time out. I’ve found that a lot of media stories and speculation in football is all rubbish and it’s sad when people get carried away with there own opinions, not that we aren’t aloud to have them mind you. So it’s just best to wait and see from Rafa what the situation is, if there is one, and back Kewell to be a winner for the new season because it will make that big a difference in his and the clubs performance. The club is the most important thing, right? More than any player, but the supporters should respect and support those players who are supported by the manager and the club. Marcus Babbel got all the time he needed, so should Kewell. Look, we all get frustrated with it and obviously it turned out to be the same story this season, I would say let him go for the club’s benefit. But while he’s here and looking promising I’m going to give him the support he deserve's.
      **that was "IF* it turns out to be the same story this season*

from my first post on this, I screwed up my last sentance, sorry
      « Last Edit: Aug 17, 2007 01:40:13 am by DOBBS83 »

Quick Reply