Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Harry Kewell Injured Again

Read 6674 times
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Re: Harry Kewell Injured Again
      Reply #23: Aug 16, 2007 10:16:34 am
      Dobbs83, I don't think anyone on here thinks Kewell wants to get injured, but there has to come a time when you say enough's enough. Personally I feel that if this is just a strain & he's out for a week or two then fine, but how often have "strains" managed to turn into season long layoffs for Harry? We'll have to wait & see what happens, but if this injury does turn out to be longer than first thought, then he has to go for me.

Welcome to the forum by the way, and if you make a mistake in your posts there's a 'modify' button at the top right corner of your post that allows you to correct it ;)
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #24: Aug 16, 2007 10:23:16 am
      cheers eddieC,

as i said before the club comes fisrt and he would have to go if it turned out to be the same story again, because i mean how long can this seriously go on for ya know? we should trust what ever Rafa does  ;)
      edu_rbb
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 499 posts | 14 
      • En Sevilla
      Reply #25: Aug 16, 2007 05:47:57 pm
      he is injured forever
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #26: Oct 05, 2007 04:53:57 pm
      Any news on Kewell? I know there are mixed feelings for him but I wouldnt mind having him back, we are sorley missing someone on the left and he could do a big job for us when/IF he comes back...........
      samuelchow
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #27: Oct 05, 2007 09:12:11 pm
      Oh no, I have already waited for his return a long long time
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #28: Oct 06, 2007 12:21:08 am
      `No return date if you go by what they say on here

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #29: Oct 06, 2007 02:10:43 am
      To be honest, couldn't care less anymore.  I don't expect to ever see him in a Liverpool shirt again, and unlikely to play in the Premiership.

I think he's had it.  Our biggest disappointment since Nigel Clough was going to come and turn us around.
      pob0408
      • On Trial

• 3 posts | -1 
      Reply #30: Oct 07, 2007 08:41:11 pm
      y his he still at liverpool they should sell him I'm sick of all his injury's its about time they got rid
      jakkeo
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts |
      Reply #31: Oct 07, 2007 11:35:40 pm
      hes out of contract in the summer
      bob_blah
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 46 posts |
      Reply #32: Oct 08, 2007 05:33:37 pm
      I hate to say this, as a biased Kewell supporter, but he'll be gone in January.

But here's an interesting thought: he's be talking all about paying back the club and Rafa for their support, how about this then? See if he's willing to halve his wages for another season to see if he can a) get fit and b) regain form. Could be a bargin.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #33: Oct 08, 2007 05:53:26 pm
      But here's an interesting thought: he's be talking all about paying back the club and Rafa for their support, how about this then? See if he's willing to halve his wages for another season to see if he can a) get fit and b) regain form. Could be a bargin.

Or even better, go on a pay as you play deal.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,133 posts | 456 
      Reply #34: Oct 08, 2007 06:10:26 pm
      I have washed my hands from Kewell i did that in the summer.  But hey a deal  lets say 10 -15K and say 40-50k per game would be worth considering.  i would be very surprise if any prem team would give him a second look.  His injuries have surely scared all of them off.  A small basic and a pay per game deal would be ideal for both parties. We can carry on as usual buying players in his position and using him as a wild card costing us as much as a lets say Leto!
      KopSecret
      • Forum Youth Player

• 12 posts | -1 
      Reply #35: Oct 10, 2007 10:24:29 am
      According to the Daily Telegraph (http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,22559680-5006068,00.html) Harry Kewell might be back in time for the Everton game. Hopefully it'll be a motivated Harry we get back (he claims to be serious about wanting a new contract with LFC) as the team needs a bit of lift given recent performances !!
      atoyot7775
      • Forum Youth Player

• 10 posts | -22 
      Reply #36: Oct 10, 2007 11:12:33 am
      this guy is rubbish...... :lmao:
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #37: Oct 10, 2007 11:30:42 am

Do you have anything positive to say about our club, players or manager whatsoever?
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #38: Oct 10, 2007 12:54:47 pm

No he isn't.  When he is fit I've seen him play some sublime football at Anfield.  I had high hopes for him this season and am extremely disappointed that he hasn't made it yet again.

I think Eddie's idea of pay as you play for next season would be a good idea but I will be more than pleased to eat my words if he regains his fitness and produces some quality football on the left which is something we desperately need.
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #39: Oct 10, 2007 01:07:42 pm
      amen to that old red and eddieC. god it will be great if hes back for the Derby wouldnt it? every one will be watchin him and i think he'll pull out all the stops to try and stay at anfeild
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #40: Oct 10, 2007 01:21:22 pm

He is a very useful winger and has proved priceless in penetrating the flanks many of times for the Liverpool and I bet he supports his club tho and doesn't find all the negative points about it.
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #41: Oct 10, 2007 01:25:22 pm
      i agree AJ, definately an asett for us. i think benitez is handling him well and not ruching him in though he needs him badly
      Saffi 7
      • Forum David Johnson

• 225 posts | 17 
      • "...that's why they paid 26 million for him..."
      Reply #42: Oct 10, 2007 02:16:17 pm
      Read a jibe earlier on this thread about Kewell being in the same company as Jamie Redknapp...so true though. His talent and ability was evident but injury has undoubtedly wreaked havoc with his career...whether he can scale the heights of his previous brilliant best remains to be seen...I for one would love to see him try
      scouse9999
      • Forum Youth Player

• 11 posts |
      Reply #43: Oct 10, 2007 02:40:09 pm
      i think kewell is a good play i have allways bin a big fan he just needs a bit of luck and will still be at liverpool next year
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #44: Oct 10, 2007 02:41:47 pm
      couldnt agree more scouse9999
      bob_blah
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 46 posts |
      Reply #45: Oct 10, 2007 05:06:40 pm
      I remember the last time Kewell ran out in a derby match - if he could score another cracker like that, I might forgive him for not winning the Asian Cup for Oz ;D

Quick Reply