Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

King Kenny will tell Owen where he belongs

Read 17004 times
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Re: King Kenny will tell Owen where he belongs
      Reply #115: Apr 07, 2011 06:39:03 pm
      Sorry if this makes me a 'c**t' or something.

Nah mate, but signing for the mancs would  :)
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,730 posts | 7164 
      Reply #116: Apr 07, 2011 07:49:41 pm
      Nah mate, but signing for the mancs would  :)
      Good call.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,493 posts | 8676 
      Reply #117: Apr 07, 2011 07:52:48 pm
      Jeeze calm down, just because someone doesn't hate Michael Owen as much as you. I don't hate Owen that much to be honest, he gave us his best, left us and went downhill. The fact he went to United hurt a bit, but it was his choice, it was probably the best team that would offer him a deal. He has a right to look after his family and if going to United helped him do that then that's good for him. Sorry if this makes me a 'c**t' or something.

Ha ha who was on about him joining Man U?

Not arsed he joined them, in fact it was a nap he'd move there, rather than somewhere like WBA.

And read the whole thread, there is a lot more posters pissed off with him than me, I was gutted when he left in 2004.

But he left and we got over it!!

I just don't want him back.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #118: Apr 07, 2011 08:31:44 pm
      Michael Owen is sh*t now! Why would we want him in our squad if we are going to try and improve it?
      I'd sooner have N'Gog anyway!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,509 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #119: Apr 07, 2011 08:41:56 pm

Hopefully we can both agree that Owen should never be allowed back after signing for that shower of sh*te down the East Lancs Road anyway.

All day  ;)
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,509 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #120: Apr 07, 2011 08:50:17 pm
      Michael Owen is out of contract this summer. Yes he pissed us off when he went to Real Madrid, and worse Manure. Who hasn't made Mistakes??? I think King Kenny should sharpen the pencil and bring Michael to his Spirutual home. Jast as Rafa brought Robbie AND King Kenny to 'Pool

Mad the way we can go off topic all of a sudden.

My thoughts for the above (the thread starter) - whether he is a money grabbing, judas, got another sport that is more important to him, wanted to leave or didn't, sheep lover?

He is not good enough or reliable enough any more.

Bottom line!
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #121: Apr 07, 2011 10:05:58 pm
      Kenny will tell Owen where he belongs.... the infirmary :)
      Timi
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 608 posts |
      Reply #122: Apr 07, 2011 10:32:13 pm
      Relegation scrap? You mentioned in another thread for someone to get out more, maybe you should do the same ;)
      I think you misunderstood. Or at least I hope you did. The alternative would be...Scrap what the alternative would be.
      Anyhew, I was doing my best impression of sarcasm. You know, tounge in cheek. Much in line with the first part of my post. By the way don't worry, I get out plenty. Trust me!!! ;)
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #123: Apr 08, 2011 10:48:24 pm
      Bring Owen to Anfield? So that he can win No 19 for us? Stop playing.

We are building a team for the future! We need to not keep looking back. Charlie Adams for Anfield!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #124: Apr 08, 2011 11:48:32 pm
      I shall be announcing the winner of the Anagram competition next week.
      Telephone lines close on Saturday.
      Calls cost £1 a minute from Landlines. Calls from mobiles may cost more. Check with your provider.
      Calling from L4. You will pay us £2 a minute to look after yer car.
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #125: Apr 09, 2011 01:13:22 pm
      I'd rather sign Mark Owen
      azizdamji
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 155 posts | -2 
      Reply #126: Apr 10, 2011 02:36:06 pm
      One pile of sentimental sh*te.

Where was those f**king tears when he left us high and f**king dry in 2004.

He's gone lad, get over it!

And the little rat is not fit to lace Fowler's boots.

I recall thanking "Fowler is God" for educating me re the venom folks on this board have for Michael Owen.
      I found interesting that a very tiny minority had even a modicum of respect for Owen's achievements at / for Liverpool. Huyton Red , winner that he is , suggests that Owen isn'tis not fit to lace Fowler's boots.
      Last I heard Fowler was playing in Australia or New Zealand? Owen will be on subs bench this week in quarter final of Champions League. What a loser/tosser Owen is.

Overwhelming majority of posters felt  ( very strongly) that his Manure stint makes it IMPOSSIBLE to play for "Pool. I recall a few seasons ago Rafa made a succesful deal to get Heinze ( at that time one of the three best left backs in the world) only for Fergie to block the move? Don't recall much furore over Manure player Heinze joing "Pool?

Most/many of you thought Owen  was over the hill, injury prone etc. Do you for a moment think Manure/ Fergie didn't know his strengths and weaknesses? While no "Pool supporter likes Manure/Fergie ( infact hate is a more appropriate word),there is absolutely zero doubt that Fergie is one of the very best Managers in World Football. ( Up there with Sir Shankly/Matt Busby/Don Revie/ Bob Paisley and a host of Foreign managers). Those of you who disagree, THINK, ( albeit difficult for some of you to do ) before you post a rebuttal/insult me.

Owen,in a sub role still has a season or 2 in him. Yes he'll get injured, frequently. The games he does come on as sub, he might well nick a goal ( remember 5th minute of extra time goal he scored for Manure against City?)

Redknapp is in todays press talking about value of big name players versus the actual talent/perhaps lack off even bring to teams. Thrilled with Becks. Fergie was thrilled with Owen. Not for the games he played or goals he scored, just his "presence" with younger and especially the foreign players regarding EPL physce. Mourinho bought an aging Carvalho to Madrid for that very reason. Barca wouldn't sell Puyol for all the beer on Mersyside ( re his "presence", not skill nescessarily as Centre Half)

I keep reading about Liverpool Standards vis a vis quality of players. You must have been watching a different team than what they show us in North America. Diouf comes to mind. So does the former # 2 goalkeeper ( black guy). So do half a dozen( MINIMUM)  of THE CURRENT PLAYERS IN OUR SQUAD. ( I'm thinking of Ngog and the other tossers in our squad)

Lastly, let's say King Kenny could add equivilant to Suarez quality next season. Infact brings in a number of "prospective gems" Let's say Giggs or Scholes has a pissing contest with Fergie and decide to join "Pool because King Kenny knows their value to younger players as opposed to waning values on the pitch. Big No would be your answer? ( Oh and as a result, Liverpool wins the Prem next season, and Everton get relegated, oh I digress)
      Happy sunday and hope we shove it up Mancini's ass big time  tomorrow ( Also Carra accidentally really hurts, I mean really,really hurts  Bolloteli .....)

gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #127: Apr 10, 2011 02:38:28 pm
      Didn't this Owen fella once play football?
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #128: Apr 10, 2011 02:40:03 pm
      Fowler is five years older than Judas FFS 5 years ago he was playing and scoring for us!
      azizdamji
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 155 posts | -2 
      Reply #129: Apr 10, 2011 03:01:08 pm
      Fowler is five years older than Judas FFS 5 years ago he was playing and scoring for us!
      the reds13( I bet you're Einstein in Disguise) , 5 years ago Fowler rarely started games, generally came on as Super Sub, Super, Super sub. 5 years on , Owen is that age and rarely starts games ( Einstein, I have faith in your intellect to complete the sentence)
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,730 posts | 7164 
      Reply #130: Apr 10, 2011 03:18:27 pm
      Didn't this Owen fella once play football?
      your thinking of Gary Owen the Welsh Rugby fella.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #131: Apr 10, 2011 03:59:13 pm
       I believe if we had Owen on a "pay when you play" contract he would be a benefit to our squad.
       Just hard to ignore a certain connection 
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #132: Apr 10, 2011 04:05:13 pm
      I believe if we had Owen on a "pay when you play" contract he would be a benefit to our squad.
       Just hard to ignore a certain connection 

He cut off all connections with this club some time ago.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #133: Apr 10, 2011 04:17:38 pm
      He cut off all connections with this club some time ago.
      The connection I was on about is him playing for man u
       Turns my stomach
       I still believe he can offer something to a team but not to us
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,493 posts | 8676 
      Reply #134: Apr 10, 2011 04:36:55 pm
      I recall thanking "Fowler is God" for educating me re the venom folks on this board have for Michael Owen.
      I found interesting that a very tiny minority had even a modicum of respect for Owen's achievements at / for Liverpool. Huyton Red , winner that he is , suggests that Owen isn'tis not fit to lace Fowler's boots.
      Last I heard Fowler was playing in Australia or New Zealand? Owen will be on subs bench this week in quarter final of Champions League. What a loser/tosser Owen is.

Overwhelming majority of posters felt  ( very strongly) that his Manure stint makes it IMPOSSIBLE to play for "Pool. I recall a few seasons ago Rafa made a succesful deal to get Heinze ( at that time one of the three best left backs in the world) only for Fergie to block the move? Don't recall much furore over Manure player Heinze joing "Pool?

Most/many of you thought Owen  was over the hill, injury prone etc. Do you for a moment think Manure/ Fergie didn't know his strengths and weaknesses? While no "Pool supporter likes Manure/Fergie ( infact hate is a more appropriate word),there is absolutely zero doubt that Fergie is one of the very best Managers in World Football. ( Up there with Sir Shankly/Matt Busby/Don Revie/ Bob Paisley and a host of Foreign managers). Those of you who disagree, THINK, ( albeit difficult for some of you to do ) before you post a rebuttal/insult me.

Owen,in a sub role still has a season or 2 in him. Yes he'll get injured, frequently. The games he does come on as sub, he might well nick a goal ( remember 5th minute of extra time goal he scored for Manure against City?)

Redknapp is in todays press talking about value of big name players versus the actual talent/perhaps lack off even bring to teams. Thrilled with Becks. Fergie was thrilled with Owen. Not for the games he played or goals he scored, just his "presence" with younger and especially the foreign players regarding EPL physce. Mourinho bought an aging Carvalho to Madrid for that very reason. Barca wouldn't sell Puyol for all the beer on Mersyside ( re his "presence", not skill nescessarily as Centre Half)

I keep reading about Liverpool Standards vis a vis quality of players. You must have been watching a different team than what they show us in North America. Diouf comes to mind. So does the former # 2 goalkeeper ( black guy). So do half a dozen( MINIMUM)  of THE CURRENT PLAYERS IN OUR SQUAD. ( I'm thinking of Ngog and the other tossers in our squad)

Lastly, let's say King Kenny could add equivilant to Suarez quality next season. Infact brings in a number of "prospective gems" Let's say Giggs or Scholes has a pissing contest with Fergie and decide to join "Pool because King Kenny knows their value to younger players as opposed to waning values on the pitch. Big No would be your answer? ( Oh and as a result, Liverpool wins the Prem next season, and Everton get relegated, oh I digress)
      Happy sunday and hope we shove it up Mancini's ass big time  tomorrow ( Also Carra accidentally really hurts, I mean really,really hurts  Bolloteli .....)

1. Who the F**k in this day and age refers to us as F***ing Pool. It's LIVERPOOL.

2. This winner, as you call me, has seen both Fowler and Owen in their prime, trust me it doesn't matter where the F**k they are playing now, Fowler was and always will be the better player. Owen wishes he could score a goal like some of Fowler's best goals - His goal against Villa, taking the piss out of Stan Staunton in the process, making Schmiechel look a tit twice at Old Trafford, his amazing skill and finish against Brann Bergen in the cup winners cup.

3. By the way, and sorry to the likes of BIGV and Brooklyn Red, but the who the F**k are you in North America to take the piss out of me, no offence, but this winner has seen Liverpool win the league, European Cup, Uefa Cup, FA Cup (twice) and League Cup (three times), so excuse me if I decide that a scouse kid like Fowler, who not only stood up for sacked dockers in this city is a better player and goal scorer than that sheepshagging c**t Michael Owen.

Put it this way, the same Robbie Fowler is now actually not in Australia but actually coaching now in Bury and as for Owen being on the bench ha ha ha that's if he's not injured again. So I don't what the F**k point you were trying to make there.

Overwhelming majority of posters felt  ( very strongly) that his Manure stint makes it IMPOSSIBLE to play for "Pool. I recall a few seasons ago Rafa made a succesful deal to get Heinze ( at that time one of the three best left backs in the world) only for Fergie to block the move? Don't recall much furore over Manure player Heinze joing "Pool?

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

He wasn't even the best left-back at Utd, never mind being one of the best three left backs in the world. What utter, utter F***ing sh*te.

Fergie blocked the move simply because he wouldn't sell Liverpool a timeshare, never mind a F***ing player.

Rafa wanted him, because we were a bit short in that area, at the time, I didn't think much of him as a player, if he did the job, fine, but Heinze is and was a liability, which is why Madrid got shut and why he ended up at Marseille.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #135: Apr 10, 2011 04:44:49 pm
      How the f**k do you know Owen was in f**king tears in 2005 you clown, in absolute tears he couldn't force himself into a helicopter and flew himself up to geordieland.

Rafa told him to wait and not accept Newcastle's offer, because we couldn't match it, but he was prepared to do a deal, but Owen sh*t himself and thought about what he always thought about, himself and his f**king England place!!

Put that in your Owen loving pipe and smoke it!

Who the f**k are you for calling me a clown? I'm entitled to my own opinions on Michael Owen and I stand by myself in saying I will not ever dismiss the efforts of a man who did great things with us even if he did leave us.    I don't give a sh*t that he went to the scum. I have a problem of him leaving in the first place to Real Madrid but that's all. And who are you to dismiss his caring for his England place? He was England's best player of last decade and you think that it was unimportant to him? People like a bit of national pride in playing for their country and for you to criticise him for that is so shallow and ignorant. He's done more for Liverpool than you ever did that's for sure. Ungrateful sod and a f**king awful attitude to go with that as well.
      « Last Edit: Apr 10, 2011 04:49:57 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,493 posts | 8676 
      Reply #136: Apr 10, 2011 04:54:35 pm
      Who the F**k are you for calling me a clown? I'm entitled to my own opinions on Michael Owen and I say I will not ever dismiss the efforts of a man who did great things with us. He's done more for Liverpool than you ever did that's for sure. Ungrateful sod.

I'm me, you're you, we are everybody!! I could of called you a lot worse couldn't I?

Again the question remains, which you still didn't answer, how do you know Owen was in tears in 2005?

And more than you've ever done, but then again I was there singing the team onto victory the last time we won the league, was Owen or you for that matter?

So a player screws this club out of a good twenty million in the way he behaved to get his deal in going to Madrid, yet I'm ungrateful.

Yes, some of it's Parry's fault, but F**k me Owen and his management team were no F***ing angels.

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #137: Apr 10, 2011 08:50:33 pm
      I'm me, you're you, we are everybody!! I could of called you a lot worse couldn't I?

Again the question remains, which you still didn't answer, how do you know Owen was in tears in 2005?

And more than you've ever done, but then again I was there singing the team onto victory the last time we won the league, was Owen or you for that matter?

So a player screws this club out of a good twenty million in the way he behaved to get his deal in going to Madrid, yet I'm ungrateful.

Yes, some of it's Parry's fault, but f**k me Owen and his management team were no f**king angels.

If you had followed the details in 2005 you would have known that Owen came into contact with Rafa before he flew over to Newcastle to talk to them. Sources said he was distraught when Rafa told him Liverpool were not going to offer the ridiculous valuation Real had put on Owen. He made it public when signing for Newcastle that he was disappointed that a deal couldn't have been done. He clearly knew and still knows he made a massive mistake by leaving Liverpool.

And it's nice to see you still don't like players feeling the importance and pride of playing for their country by that utterly mindless comment on his future with England.

Quick Reply