Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Spurs Bubble About To Burst

Read 6537 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: Spur's Bubble About To Burst
      Reply #23: Apr 12, 2011 03:08:12 pm
      not liking him & the attention he gets shouldnt detract from what he has done football wise mate. if you dont like him then thats your lookout & an opinion, but you cant really think he has done a bad job football wise at spurs, surely???

He hasn't won anything though mate.  Qualifying for CL and winning it is a completely different (ball game) thing.

He's good at spending other peoples money, not so good at getting a return on it  ;)

As others have said, Spurs will drop like a stone if they don't qualify for CL again.
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #24: Apr 12, 2011 03:53:27 pm
      Ran West Ham into the ground, and Southhampton, and Pompey and heading that way at Spurs. But he is English and won the FA Cup so he is a god.

sh*t manager, even his players say so, he has no tactics, he just tells the players to go out and enjoy themselves.

Oh sorry, did i offend the Spurs fan?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 40,522 posts | 8686 
      Reply #25: Apr 12, 2011 04:00:53 pm
      But he is English and won the FA Cup so he is a god.

IN. A. F***ing. NUTSHELL!!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,224 posts | 3394 
      Reply #26: Apr 12, 2011 04:15:53 pm
      But he is English and won the FA Cup so he is a god.

Well he won the FA Cup against Cardiff!!!
      MickeyScouse
      • Banned

• 426 posts |
      Reply #27: Apr 12, 2011 04:35:47 pm
      Early days yet, but he helped run Portsmouth into the ground and Spurs are already posting large losses this year even with the Champions League. Drop out of it and they will have to sell the marquee players

money was taken from portsmouth, was it by him? i guess thats something we will never know. look at how he brought & sold for them. he made money. spurs are posting no larger losses than most. £6m wasnt it? they also have backing - i dont mind spurs (mainly cos i hate arsenal) & at least expect truths told
      MickeyScouse
      • Banned

• 426 posts |
      Reply #28: Apr 12, 2011 04:37:04 pm
      I don't support spurs, why should I care.

Football wise, what having a squad full of midfielders?

doesnt bother me if you do or dont & its up to you how you hate or dont. im more about the truth.

& yep you have a point about harry & his midfielders ;D
      MickeyScouse
      • Banned

• 426 posts |
      Reply #29: Apr 12, 2011 04:40:37 pm
      He hasn't won anything though mate.  Qualifying for CL and winning it is a completely different (ball game) thing.

He's good at spending other peoples money, not so good at getting a return on it  ;)

As others have said, Spurs will drop like a stone if they don't qualify for CL again.

fair points made, im not saying he's great or anything either. i think he's done a decent job though. he's also done well in the transfer market on the whole & i dont think spurs will suffer a fall from grace like leeds. nor if im honest would i want them to. indeed off top of me head its only utd, everton, chelsea & arsenal that id really wish that upon.
      MickeyScouse
      • Banned

• 426 posts |
      Reply #30: Apr 12, 2011 04:43:23 pm
      Ran West Ham into the ground, and Southhampton, and Pompey and heading that way at Spurs. But he is English and won the FA Cup so he is a god.

Sh*t manager, even his players say so, he has no tactics, he just tells the players to go out and enjoy themselves.

Oh sorry, did I offend the Spurs fan?

ran west ham into the ground, portsmouth? do you know anything? ever thought that others might be taking money out?

worked wonders at spurs, say what you like - facts are what they are.

his players say it do they ;D

oh sorry - but know you didnt. why so childish when in debate about another club? why call me a spurs fan just because i say things how they are with facts to back them up?

indeed just why is it you hate so much ;D

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #31: Apr 12, 2011 05:01:16 pm
      ran west ham into the ground, portsmouth? do you know anything? ever thought that others might be taking money out?

worked wonders at spurs, say what you like - facts are what they are.

his players say it do they ;D

oh sorry - but know you didnt. why so childish when in debate about another club? why call me a spurs fan just because i say things how they are with facts to back them up?

indeed just why is it you hate so much ;D

44 posts so far on your first day, impressive.

Your first post was on Spurs and you are pretty clued up on their ownership. Too much I think for a Liverpool fan. I couldn't give 2 shits about how any club is ran other than Liverpool, wouldn't waste my time looking it up either, certainly not to the extent you have.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #32: Apr 12, 2011 06:02:51 pm
      As much as I dislike Maureen and Real I truly want them to Stuff our Arry's Spuds.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #33: Apr 12, 2011 08:41:18 pm
      No better person then Maureen to park the bus,Think it will be a sh*t game.When there bubble bursts hope to see Bale heading up to us.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,684 posts | 3905 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #34: Apr 12, 2011 09:03:55 pm
      6M? You need to have another look at your clubs figures. 40 million last article I read. Your turnover is nowhere near high enough to overcome that either. Most of the improved profits are from Champions League money not increased club revenues
      MickeyScouse
      • Banned

• 426 posts |
      Reply #35: Apr 13, 2011 11:53:22 am
      44 posts so far on your first day, impressive.

Your first post was on Spurs and you are pretty clued up on their ownership. Too much I think for a Liverpool fan. I couldn't give 2 shits about how any club is ran other than Liverpool, wouldn't waste my time looking it up either, certainly not to the extent you have.

havent looked anything up. funny thing this - you might not understand this, but i talk to alot of people, you know actual people in the real world & guess what? thats right not all are LFC fans!!! mental that isnt it! do you know what else? we talk about lots of things! amazing, who would have thought.... i also know lots about other clubs & indeed football in general, this in turn makes me aware of whats going on in the football world which in turn makes me appreciate my club even more & at the same time not be a biased idiot hellbent on believing what they want & not whats actually happening

my first posts was what is was, i looked about & then eventually posted, you will see ive posted in other threads alot more about lfc than spurs. i find you attitude rather funny & not offensive like you want me too, you think what you like. its fine with me

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #36: Apr 13, 2011 01:34:38 pm
      Jesus calm down kid. I'm not looking for you to get offensive, why would I? Maybe you are and are just looking for a rise?

I talk to other fans too about many topics in football but I never go out asking them how their club's coffers are getting on. Anyways I couldn't give a F**k about other teams accounts. As long as we're healthy, I'm happy.
      You can know all you want about every other team in the world, I don't give 2 shits.

Seeing as you're so clued up on other clubs, what do you make of Spurs maybe having to sell their ( over rated if you ask me ) star player to either us or United to balance the books and keep Harry's spending problem in check.
      redjames83
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 114 posts |
      Reply #37: Apr 13, 2011 02:35:32 pm
      Should Redkapp be getting such blame for the state of his current and previous clubs?? Yes i agree that he his probably dodgy with agent fees and taxes etc.. BUT at the end of the day it isnt him that is looking after the club accounts or finances! There are people above him who finalise the deals and give him numbers to play with!!!
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #38: Apr 13, 2011 03:17:22 pm
      Tottenham
      Owned by: Joe Lewis
      Nationality: English
      How they made their money: His company, called Tavistock, has its fingers dipped in many pies including oil, gas, pharmacutical, property and sporting events.
      Worth: £2.7billion (2011)
      MickeyScouse
      • Banned

• 426 posts |
      Reply #39: Apr 13, 2011 04:37:43 pm
      Jesus calm down kid. I'm not looking for you to get offensive, why would I? Maybe you are and are just looking for a rise?

what?

when have i said anything offensive or suggested im going to be. as for your calm down kid comment ;D just ;D

your the one on a wind up suggesting im not a liverpool fan, well thats what it seemed like to me.

MickeyScouse
      • Banned

• 426 posts |
      Reply #40: Apr 13, 2011 04:39:06 pm
      You can know all you want about every other team in the world, I don't give 2 shits.

glad thats sorted. i can sleep easy tonight now!

MickeyScouse
      • Banned

• 426 posts |
      Reply #41: Apr 13, 2011 04:40:17 pm
      Seeing as you're so clued up on other clubs, what do you make of Spurs maybe having to sell their ( over rated if you ask me ) star player to either us or United to balance the books and keep Harry's spending problem in check.

im not its just basic stuff thats easy to understand. spurs have more money than us so i wouldnt worry to much about that. they will sell if it suits at a price that suits
      MickeyScouse
      • Banned

• 426 posts |
      Reply #42: Apr 13, 2011 04:41:15 pm
      Should Redkapp be getting such blame for the state of his current and previous clubs?? Yes I agree that he his probably dodgy with agent fees and taxes etc.. BUT at the end of the day it isnt him that is looking after the club accounts or finances! There are people above him who finalise the deals and give him numbers to play with!!!

true dat

he also made millions for them. actually look at who he brought at what price for pompey & what those players were sold for.
      MickeyScouse
      • Banned

• 426 posts |
      Reply #43: Apr 13, 2011 04:44:52 pm
      Tottenham
      Owned by: Joe Lewis
      Nationality: English
      How they made their money: His company, called Tavistock, has its fingers dipped in many pies including oil, gas, pharmacutical, property and sporting events.
      Worth: £2.7billion (2011)

thatnks for some facts & not a hate fuelled ill thought out rant. nice one :)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #44: Apr 13, 2011 06:06:13 pm
      true dat

he also made millions for them. actually look at who he brought at what price for pompey & what those players were sold for.

And look at the state they are in now. He might have sold them on for a profit but the fact he bought them on borrowed money and on crazy wages are the reason they were nearly not a club anymore.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #45: Apr 13, 2011 10:29:25 pm
      'Pop'  ;D

Quick Reply