Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Aaron Lennon (Tottenham)

Read 27362 times
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,220 posts | 917 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Re: Aaron Lennon (Tottenham)
      Reply #161: Jun 28, 2011 08:02:29 pm
      No god please no......
      lerpwl_am_byth
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 566 posts |
      Reply #162: Jun 28, 2011 08:15:30 pm
      I'm not sure about this... He's so much better than any winger we have but I'm not sure we should spend £20million when we could buy Mata who is in a different class for the same amount. All speed and no finish is Mr. Lennon, unfortunately.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #163: Jun 28, 2011 10:19:56 pm
      I'm not sure about this... He's so much better than any winger we have but I'm not sure we should spend £20million when we could buy Mata who is in a different class for the same amount. All speed and no finish is Mr. Lennon, unfortunately.
      We aint got any wingers:)headless chicken is about right £15mill :lmao: :lmao:
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      • In King Kenny WE Trust!
      Reply #164: Jun 29, 2011 10:21:36 am
      He would be a good signing as he hugs the touchline and has pace something we lack, but 20 Million is a rip off 16 Million max.
      Kop_Red
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 375 posts |
      Reply #165: Jun 29, 2011 10:30:03 am
      great little player, would offer us so much more down that right flank.
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      • Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Luis Suarez.
      Reply #166: Jun 29, 2011 10:35:25 am
      There was a video of him and Bale last season on Youtube, it was a short clip about them talking how much they despise scousers and LFC. It was quickly removed.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #167: Jun 29, 2011 11:29:22 am
      He would be a very good signing for 16mil not more. He resembles Elia a little. Elia would be cheaper I guess. But he has so much dribbling skills, pace,... everything we lack.
      Lennon and Downing would be awesome but unlikely.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,868 posts | 165 
      Reply #168: Jun 29, 2011 01:47:27 pm
      £16M is way too much, when we could get N'Zogbia for less. Why feather Redcraps nest?
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #169: Jul 04, 2011 12:58:51 am
      Liverpool to offer £20m player-plus-cash deal for Tottenham star

By Jack Breese, on 3rd July 2011, 17:44 BST
      Views 13891Comments 1

Liverpool will offer Alberto Aquilani as bait to tempt Totttenham into selling Aaron Lennon.

The Reds are keen to add to their wide options this summer in a bid to bring the best out of £35m striker Andy Carroll. Lennon has emerged as their number one target in this area with his phenomenal pace offering the mouth-watering prospect of lightning counter attacks in combination with crowd favourite Luis Suarez.

Lennon is believed to have had a series of disagreements with manager Harry Redknapp last season with their relationship at breaking point despite his regular selection at the end of the campaign. Spurs are not averse to selling the England international but will ensure they get a proper fee in return.

Liverpool have already made tentative enquiries with the possibility of making a £20m bid but with Luka Modric the subject of Chelsea's interest, they will now offer unwanted midfielder Aquilani as a ready made replacement for the Croat along with £8m.

We are supposedly going to offer Aquilani and £8million for him :D :lmao:
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      • In King Kenny WE Trust!
      Reply #170: Jul 04, 2011 01:13:50 am
       :lmao: :lmao:
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #171: Jul 04, 2011 06:11:19 am
      Spurs will not let him go. Would be excellent if he could only cross the ******* ball! Piss and wind spring to mind.
      lerpwl_am_byth
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 566 posts |
      Reply #172: Jul 04, 2011 08:18:34 am
      I don't want Aaron lennon! *throws toys out of pram*
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #173: Jul 04, 2011 09:13:33 am

Views 13891Comments 1

Liverpool will offer Alberto Aquilani as bait to tempt Totttenham into selling Aaron Lennon.

The Reds are keen to add to their wide options this summer in a bid to bring the best out of £35m striker Andy Carroll. Lennon has emerged as their number one target in this area with his phenomenal pace offering the mouth-watering prospect of lightning counter attacks in combination with crowd favourite Luis Suarez.

Lennon is believed to have had a series of disagreements with manager Harry Redknapp last season with their relationship at breaking point despite his regular selection at the end of the campaign. Spurs are not averse to selling the England international but will ensure they get a proper fee in return.

Liverpool have already made tentative enquiries with the possibility of making a £20m bid but with Luka Modric the subject of Chelsea's interest, they will now offer unwanted midfielder Aquilani as a ready made replacement for the Croat along with £8m.

Has someone leaked the fact that 'Arry has a weakness for buying a midfielder or two more than he needs?   Not one of the players I'd take from Spurs, ignoring the obvious two (Modric & Van der Vaart), are Kranjcar and Bassong.  Wouldn't have Bale either, he's had one good season with a few great games.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #174: Jul 04, 2011 09:49:50 am

Views 13891Comments 1

No link :angry-smiley-034:

http://www.fanatix.com/liverpool-to-offer-20m-player-plus-cash-deal-for-tottenham-star/#

Fanatix! Never heard of this site before, and may never will again.
      Rather Keep Aquilani to be honest.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #175: Jul 04, 2011 09:56:13 am
      Sorry mate. I thought it was more amusing than a serious transfer rumour.  
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #176: Jul 04, 2011 10:13:32 am
      If that happens I will eat my own arse out.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #177: Jul 04, 2011 10:16:49 am
      Sorry mate. I thought it was more amusing than a serious transfer rumour. 

Amusing, that's one way of putting it. ;)

If that happens I will eat my own arse out.

But with RLB's revilation, Bring it on :lmao:
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #178: Jul 04, 2011 10:18:30 am

But with RLB's revilation, Bring it on :lmao:

That's how confident I am it will never happen. ;D
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #179: Jul 04, 2011 10:35:39 am
      That's how confident I am it will never happen. ;D

If I had thought there was the slightest chance, I would have rattled you in the Aquilani thread with it mate.

we will still expect picture as proof if it does happen :D
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #180: Jul 04, 2011 10:52:57 am
      If I had thought there was the slightest chance, I would have rattled you in the Aquilani thread with it mate.

we will still expect picture as proof if it does happen :D

It wouldn't rattle me mate, I still have doubts over whether Aquilani will be with us when the season kicks off, but I know if he's not, it won't be for a deal like that. ;)
      *HighAsAKuyt*
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 89 posts |
      Reply #181: Jul 06, 2011 12:36:50 am
      Hmm ???
      Lennon may not be the greatest player in the world but he certainly has the ingredients to be up there with the best. I just have this feeling that LFC would make Lennon great. A world-beater. On his day he is unstoppable. Lennon and Downing on each wing would give us a good balance. Hope it happens.

£20 Million max though!
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #182: Jul 06, 2011 12:40:32 am
      Hmm ???
      Lennon may not be the greatest player in the world but he certainly has the ingredients to be up there with the best. I just have this feeling that LFC would make Lennon great. A world-beater. On his day he is unstoppable. Lennon and Downing on each wing would give us a good balance. Hope it happens.

£20 Million max though!

Aaron Lennon has the footballing brain of a chicken ... Hugely over-rated pace merchant ...
      chap
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 672 posts | 35 
      Reply #183: Jul 06, 2011 01:25:09 am
      I wonder if will harry throw in a bid seeing as the media are linking him to us:f_tongueincheek:

Quick Reply