Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Aaron Lennon (Tottenham)

Read 27384 times
      donk1664
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 128 posts |
      Re: Aaron Lennon (Tottenham)
      Reply #184: Jul 06, 2011 01:33:17 am
      Aaron Lennon has the footballing brain of a chicken ... Hugely over-rated pace merchant ...

Several mates are Spuds and seem to find it funny that we're linked with him, as they don't rate him too highly themselves. Pace to burn, but spends far too much time cutting inside and running into defenders in the middle or when he does choose the 'wingers' job just wastes the ball into no-one/nowhere. I say move on there's better and more effective options out there.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #185: Jul 06, 2011 01:37:55 am
      Several mates are Spuds and seem to find it funny that we're linked with him, as they don't rate him too highly themselves. Pace to burn, but spends far too much time cutting inside and running into defenders in the middle or when he does choose the 'wingers' job just wastes the ball into no-one/nowhere. I say move on there's better and more effective options out there.
      I'm not defending Lennon because I've said before that he's got no end product but, regarding the point in bold, surely that's for the manager / coaches to address.
      donk1664
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 128 posts |
      Reply #186: Jul 06, 2011 01:46:28 am
      I'm not defending Lennon because I've said before that he's got no end product but, regarding the point in bold, surely that's for the manager / coaches to address.

Yes I agree that coaching and managing can change a player and could improve this issue. However the amount of times he does this in a game, and the fact he's always done it, suggests it's his natural instinct to go inside.

Also it's awfully hard to change a players natural mindset, and if things aren't going well in a game for him/us how long before he returns to type.
      The Last King of Scotland
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 21 
      Reply #187: Jul 06, 2011 04:58:05 pm
      Aaron Lennon has the footballing brain of a chicken ... Hugely over-rated pace merchant ...

To be fair Chickens are known to pick there head up when people are around.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #188: Jul 06, 2011 07:22:47 pm

Would rather have the chicken than lennon,big no for me.
      The Last King of Scotland
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 21 
      Reply #189: Jul 06, 2011 07:41:41 pm
      In the "who do you really really really not want" bracket for me.

Charlie Adam I can see the thinking behind whether I completely agree with it or not.

Aaron Lennon? May as well sign Usain Bolt. Actually over 100m he actually picks his head up longer than Aaron Lennon over 90 minutes.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #190: Jul 06, 2011 09:47:20 pm
      Been thinking about Lennon today and I concluded that I really want us to get him, we lack speed in a big way and he has the ability to burst past defenders and get to the byline, and for those complaining about his delivery, it has greatly improved over the last couple of years, he's no longer a headless chicken.
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #191: Jul 06, 2011 11:20:32 pm
      Fast but frustrating for me.
      Downing for me is a much smarter player.

And he doesnt rail road shave his eyebrows like a complete tw*t
      chap
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 672 posts | 35 
      Reply #192: Jul 06, 2011 11:39:41 pm

I second that point he may be fast but he is a tw*t and seems like he plays for himself wouldnt fit our team
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #193: Jul 06, 2011 11:47:10 pm

Downing much more reliable as well, Lennon's only once started more than 25 league games a season, which shouts of inconsistency for me. 
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #194: Jul 07, 2011 12:12:43 am
      Downing much more reliable as well, Lennon's only once started more than 25 league games a season, which shouts of inconsistency for me. 

I'd like to see him here but constructive comments like above do get me thinking but all this sh*te about him playing for himself and all the other sh*te about his eyebrows is bullox to me.. Not to mention over the last few pages the way its now cast in stone that he's a headless chicken that can only sprint? Get da fook outa here *in Italian American accent*.. Not wanting him here because there's better options is one thing but to claim the boy can't do anything but sprint is a joke..
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      • In King Kenny WE Trust!
      Reply #195: Jul 07, 2011 12:26:09 am

I'd like to see him here but constructive comments like above do get me thinking but all this sh*te about him playing for himself and all the other sh*te about his eyebrows is bullox to me.. Not to mention over the last few pages the way its now cast in stone that he's a headless chicken that can only sprint? Get da fook outa here *in Italian American accent*.. Not wanting him here because there's better options is one thing but to claim the boy can't do anything but sprint is a joke..
      Spot on mate
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #196: Jul 07, 2011 12:38:06 am
      Unfortunately for this kid,he is a one trick pony,who contributes,f*ck all but pace.We have a mega strike force that needs more technical ability than that,hence the pursuit,of more sophisticated widemen.Like it or not,Downing is the most proven option with EPL experience,and he want's to play for us.

Quick Reply