Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Whats the Good of Kenny Dalglish not having a contract yet.

Read 4565 times
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Whats the Good of Kenny Dalglish not having a contract yet.
      Apr 18, 2011 09:01:32 am
      You would think its obvious that Kenny Dalglish has made a huge change on and off the ground. So why are we waiting is it that they are working how much his salary is, they are looking at other options, he hasnt proved himself yet or NESV dont want Kenny Dalglish as Manager one little bit. I would've thought they would have signed him up by now. Maybe they are waiting to give Liverpool a boost but why not one month ago. The only reason I can think of is that NESV think he hasnt proved himself and the whole thing was a fluke. I think they are almost finallising it they were not just signing him up straight away in case he did not succesed which I believe he has succesed so much. If Kenny Dalglish were not manager next season that would wreck everything all the plans.

« Last Edit: Apr 18, 2011 12:34:44 pm by CRK, Reason: Horrendous spelling. And it\'s spelt Dalglish... »
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: Whats the Good of Kenny Daglish not having a contract yet.
      Reply #1: Apr 18, 2011 09:10:28 am
      I do not think there is any problem regarding Kenny and his contract,the owners would have to have a screw loose(I do not think they have) not to appoint Kenny on a permanent basis.I feel the club is going in the right direction for the first time in 20 years and I am sure the owners realise that.Just watch us go next season with Kenny as our boss.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #2: Apr 18, 2011 09:57:20 am
      Kenny isn't worrying about it so no point for us to.  This is taken from an interview he did last week.

Meanwhile, Dalglish insists he is not thinking about his long-term future at Liverpool. The 60-year-old is yet to be offered a long-term contract by the club’s owners despite the remarkable impact he has had on the club’s fortunes following Roy Hodgson’s disastrous reign.

La Gazzetta dello Sport, the Italian sports daily, last week reported that current FC Porto manager André Villas-Boas had agreed to become Liverpool’s new manager in the summer.

But Dalglish insists he is unconcerned by the rumours and is concentrating on the immediate future of the club.

“There is the outstanding issue with myself, but that is the least important one,” said Dalglish. “Everything will be sorted out. I am perfectly relaxed about my position.

“It is not my decision about my future, but I am just happy to be here.”

http://www.thesportreview.com/tsr/2011/04/pepe-reina-liverpool-kenny-dalglish/
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #3: Apr 18, 2011 11:54:38 am
      Just had a message stating that Kenny has signed a 3 year contract with an option to extend this morning, Steve Clarke will also be tied a similar deal and an announcement will be made shortly, any one else hearing this ?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,650 posts | 6947 
      Reply #4: Apr 18, 2011 12:05:20 pm
      I don't believe there was any need to rush in to a decision over Dalglish, although ideally it will be announced before the start of May, just so wantaway players know where they are working at.

That includes players at Anfield, and players who might want to come to Anfield.

FSG said Dalglish was in charge until the end of the season and his primary focus was on stabilising the side which he has done magnificently.

There is a real smile on the players and fans faces that was not the case at the beginning of the year.

It wouldn't surprise me to see him confirmed as manager this week. And I think a 3 year contract sounds very reasonable as well.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #5: Apr 18, 2011 12:06:37 pm
      And I think a 3 year contract sounds very reasonable as well.

JD are you hearing anything ?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,650 posts | 6947 
      Reply #6: Apr 18, 2011 12:13:34 pm
      Not heard anything in past couple of days.

Heard a month or so back that Steve Clarke was looking at houses so I was expecting all of this to have been tied up by now.

It could be that it's all been done and they're waiting for Henry to fly on over?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #7: Apr 18, 2011 12:19:40 pm

It could be that it's all been done and they're waiting for Henry to fly on over?

Not so sure just logged into twitter and seen I had a message, when I've just looked there it was sent at 10 am this morning so if its to be announced shortly as the sender says you would presume some time today.

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,384 posts | 2823 
      Reply #8: Apr 18, 2011 12:21:44 pm
      Not so sure just logged into twitter and seen I had a message, when I've just looked there it was sent at 10 am this morning so if its to be announced shortly as the sender says you would presume some time today.

Good, reliable source or not mate?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #9: Apr 18, 2011 12:28:36 pm
      Good, reliable source or not mate?

Got more right than he hasn't this season mate.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Re: Whats the Good of Kenny Dalglish not having a contract yet.
      Reply #10: Apr 18, 2011 12:40:01 pm
      In the past few years I think that we've become so used to club developments being played out in the open that a lot of us are nervous when nothing is knocking around regarding potential progression.

FSG have, up to this point in time, proved that they have the club's greatest needs in mind, and whatever need sorting will be sorted in good time. That's why I have no qualms with them announcing a decision regarding the position of manager when they are good and ready.

Quick Reply