Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Pepe Reina
      (0%)
      Fabio Aurelio
      (0%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (0.4%)
      Jamie Carragher
      (0%)
      John Flanagan
      (14.3%)
      Raul Meireles
      (0.9%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (2.7%)
      Jay Spearing
      (11.2%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      (26.9%)
      Luis Suarez
      (7.6%)
      Andy Carroll
      (35.9%)

Liverpool 3-0 Man City: In game and Post Match buzzing

Read 44501 times
      ssr.w
      • Forum David Johnson

• 245 posts |
      • Liverbird tattoed in my heart!
      Re: Liverpool 3-0 Man City: In game and Post Match buzzing
      Reply #506: Apr 12, 2011 01:57:48 am
      still buzzing!!

I've a little problem: the missus is a gunner and her b-day is this sunday..(amazingly this is true..)
      How should I tell her that we're about to rot her special day??
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #507: Apr 12, 2011 02:13:28 am
      Well worth leaving Math 20 minutes earlier, eh, Dave?

Not that i need much of an excuse, but yeah, it was :D

still buzzing!!

I've a little problem: the missus is a gunner and her b-day is this sunday..(amazingly this is true..)

"Your bottling soft-arsed team is about to get F***ing twatted!"

That should do it.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #508: Apr 12, 2011 03:23:20 am
      Unfuckign believable.

Went to the pub 6 hours ago, just made it back after that performance, absoloutely loved it.

Gave Spearing my MOTM, produced a performance I didn't think he was ca[able, our midflield ran the show and our front men were brilliant, as was our defence. Great debut for Flannagan, will do his confidence a world of good. Caroll was great, Suarez never stopped running. All round fantastic performance.

Absoloutely fuckign buzzing, honestly turned my week around.

Long live the King.
      liverpuddle
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts |
      Reply #509: Apr 12, 2011 03:43:05 am
      Must admit the news of the injuries in the weeks prior had me worried, but clearly the club has some real depth.

Seeing its youth get a chance to show what they've got is brilliant – the King shows great leadership in getting young players on the pitch.

Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #510: Apr 12, 2011 04:09:02 am
      Cant get sleep, absoulotely buzzing.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #511: Apr 12, 2011 05:46:10 am
      3-0? Not good enough. Disappointed. Might as well be a tie.

:)
      StevieGTheCaptain8
      • Forum Ian St John

• 444 posts | 11 
      • Italian Fan
      Reply #512: Apr 12, 2011 06:08:13 am
      What a great match! It was a long time that I didn't see this team play so well. Great actions, one touch, Carroll-Suarez great duo. I really think next year with the Captain and Daniel Agger we can seriuosly think about a Champions place or, who knows, maybe, something more. We've honored the 96. John Flanagan immense, what a heaven match for him! He can't start better. The King is back, now for the glory, and now it's true. With you even next year, Kenny! Go Reds, YNWA!
      Walk-wright-on
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts | 13 
      • FSG - The future is bright!!
      Reply #513: Apr 12, 2011 08:25:10 am
      What a fantastic performance from the whole team.

Dont think we had a bad player on the pitch! This is the standard we expect every game and are obviously capable of, just need to re-produce this on a more consistent basis. Special mention to John Flanagan, who for an young lad making his debut was assured and confident in possession and solid defensively. He got my vote for man of the match. I would also like to single out Jay Spearing for a bit of credit as I thought he was outstanding, crunching into the tackle and playing short and long passes with assurance.

As for Andy Carroll, when he plays like that he is an absolute bully and I bet Kompany and Lescott couldnt wait for the full time whistle. He was fantastic and thought the movement of Suarez, Kuyt and Meireles around him helped a lot too.

All in all Im well chuffed and hope we can repeat that on Sunday!!!
      vik94
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts |
      Reply #514: Apr 12, 2011 08:37:24 am
      That was one of the best first half performance probably all season.A great team effort.You couldn't blame a single player to have put a foot wrong.Suarez and Carrol was superb,the midfield was dominant and the young boy Flanagan had an amazing debut a dream debut.We are quite good at producing right backs.All in all it was a great dominating display by the reds at Anfield.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #515: Apr 12, 2011 08:53:17 am
      Great to see the big man get off the mark last night but even better to see that superb, all round team performance.

Young Flanagan never put a foot wrong although he wasn't tested much down their left side but a special mention to Dirk:

He was F***ing awesome last night I thought and gets my vote on here for the Champagne.

Lets give it to the Arsenal now and put some pressure on Sweatflap's Spurs.

YNWA!
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #516: Apr 12, 2011 09:22:38 am
       I am so proud to be a RED,proud of the effort put in and proud of the football we played.Young Flanagan did very well to play as well as he did in his first match,not one of the players could be faulted for the effort put in.Kuyt was our man of the match for me he never stopped and had some nice touches as well.
                                                        I enjoyed the match so much I watched a full replay 4 hours later and we beat the basta*ds again 3 nil.When we play and beat City at Anfield  I always look on it as justice for when Billy Liddell scored a goal in the 90th minute of the FA Cup 5th round tie in 1956 and it was disallowed by a lousy ref.I hope Billy was looking down on Anfield last night to witness City get demolished and saw a Liverpool on its way back to the very top.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,004 posts | 3351 
      Reply #517: Apr 12, 2011 09:39:50 am
      still buzzing!!

Just say tough. Those cockney bas**rds ruined the day me mam was born in 71 by beating us in the FA Cup final. Charlie F***ing George the little tw*t. So it's only right we ruin your missus' day.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #518: Apr 12, 2011 09:44:19 am
      Awesome, awesome performance! Great result!
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #519: Apr 12, 2011 10:23:49 am
      One touch. Alot of movements. Beautiful passing. Goals. Teamwork. Hardwork. This game had it all.

There were moments where we played like the Liverpool teams of before with one touch, lotsa movements and good passing. It was nice to see.

Three goals against the moneybags at Anfield. Feel sorry for Joe Hart ;D. I can see there was great unity when we scored.

I have to give special mention to Suarez, Carroll, Kuyt, Spearing and Lucas, all whom work very hard for the team. Lucas and Spearing never let their partnership stay static and they were closing down often. Suarez and Carroll even helped the team defend and there were times you could see them in our own half. Also remember one instance where Suarez actually ran all the way back to the goal box, I think.

I thought young John Flanagan did really well on his debut. Didn't put a wrong foot in and was supporting and yet sound, defensively. Credit also goes to Carra who was helping the young boy. It was also really nice to see Aurelio again. We really have missed him because he offers width on the left.

I know some may have felt Meireles haven't been too good lately but I thought he did well last night. A couple of shots, a delightlful cross for the 3rd goal and had alot of movements.

Downside is, Pepe Reina was pretty quiet :laugh: and I wished we had utilised the three substitutes!
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #520: Apr 12, 2011 10:29:16 am
      One thing that struck me last night was the number of players in support when we were in and around the Citeh box. So often in the past we've attacked with 2 or 3 players and when the ball has rebounded there was nobody in the area. We've had to sit and watch teams like ManUre swamp the opposition box with players and getting that 'lucky' rebound we complain about. Kuyt's goal last night was a good example, we made our own luck because the pressure was relentless. I hope it continues.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #521: Apr 12, 2011 10:30:12 am
      Off the top of my head, the only complaint I have about last night was very late in the game is when none of Lucas and Spearing closed down Toure's shot. It was the first time all game they hadn't worked to get the ball back and just shows how well they played that only one small thing can be said badly about their performance.

Wow what a team performance :)
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #522: Apr 12, 2011 10:42:17 am
      i missed the game (have seen highlights since and looked like it was al us...think city had their first proper shot on goal on 82nd minute)

what was the formation?
      archit
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 84 posts |
      Reply #523: Apr 12, 2011 10:42:40 am
      Did anyone observe Suarez and Skrtel exchanging words during the game? Suarez was hit on the nose by Skrtel when he came to celebrate with Carroll for the third :holyshit: goal. It was an accident but Suarez didn't look happy to me!
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #524: Apr 12, 2011 11:06:53 am
      Can you imagine what approach we'd have taken to this game if we were still under Hodgson?! We'd have been sh*t scared to come out of our own half! Changed days now under Kenny though, the free flowing football could well be coming back.  ;)
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #525: Apr 12, 2011 11:21:01 am
      I missed the game (have seen highlights since and looked like it was al us...think city had their first proper shot on goal on 82nd minute)

what was the formation?

11 Heros against 11 Mercenaries. 
      fraggle786
      • Forum John Toshack

• 271 posts | 15 
      Reply #526: Apr 12, 2011 11:34:21 am
      A lot has been said about last nights game but just how brilliant where we? A big differance in last nights game for me was how we played the ball out of defence. For far too long theres been this hoof it out kind of approach especially from carra, last night how refreshing was it to see the ball played aloong the floor? The passing and the moevment so lacking in recent months was just brillaint.

John Flannagan imo deserves all the plaudits. Young lad making his debut, the lad was just superb. So calm and assured on the ball and he nutmegged Dzeko at one point. Truely brilliant. How promising does it look with 2 young right backs in Kelly and Flannagan.

Suarez played magnificently. Carroll will get all the praise for his 2 goals but suarez was just a constant thorn in the side of the city defence. Harrassed them all night. From his face it was evident he was desperate to score but just didnt happen for him last night.

All the players were brilliant. Kuyt was his usual hard working self and Lucas and Spearing bossed the midfield. QUALITY QUALITY QUALITY performance all round.

On a side note did anyone notice a tactic used by the lads at set pieces? Carrol delibartely stood behind Skrtel who shielded him from Lescott who was meant to be markinh Carroll? At one point it looked like lescott was about to cry cause he just didnt have a F***ing clue what was happening.
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #527: Apr 12, 2011 11:40:26 am
      this must be the best game of the season for us. just saw the video on you tube. can draw so many positives from this game. pepe got another clean sheet new boy flanagan shows us he is not out of his class, carrol and saurez stack them up against torres and babel no contest.carroll physical presence is an immense positive for years to come.saurez was very unlucky but what a work rate this guy has.the passing and ball possesion was first rate a team effort all round keep up the good work reds
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,480 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #528: Apr 12, 2011 11:58:01 am
      Did anyone observe Suarez and Skrtel exchanging words during the game? Suarez was hit on the nose by Skrtel when he came to celebrate with Carroll for the third :holyshit: goal. It was an accident but Suarez didn't look happy to me!

Imagine how Sammy Lee felt when he was nearly knocked out with the fist of Kenny during one of the celebrations. :laugh:

Quick Reply