Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Pepe Reina
      (0%)
      Fabio Aurelio
      (0%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (0.4%)
      Jamie Carragher
      (0%)
      John Flanagan
      (14.3%)
      Raul Meireles
      (0.9%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (2.7%)
      Jay Spearing
      (11.2%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      (26.9%)
      Luis Suarez
      (7.6%)
      Andy Carroll
      (35.9%)

Liverpool 3-0 Man City: In game and Post Match buzzing

Read 44595 times
      panos
      • fan from GREECE
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts |
      • panos from Greece
      Re: Liverpool 3-0 Man City: In game and Post Match buzzing
      Reply #552: Apr 12, 2011 04:59:54 pm
      keep scoring Carroll!  i hope that he will have less pressure now. he doesn't have something to prove. we know that he can do great things!
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #553: Apr 12, 2011 05:18:03 pm
      I'm still laughing at Balotelli, what a tit he really is. It's very easy to see now why Mourinho didn't like him and why Inter sold him. There's no fight in him at all, well in footballing terms. Him coming on and then getting subbed off was hilarious :D He had just given up, didn't want to be there. Remember he took the ball down brilliantly and then could have played a player in but tried to lob Reina from like 40 yards :D
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #554: Apr 12, 2011 05:27:59 pm
      Balotelli is a disgrace, if you watch him on the ball his team mates don't even look for the ball off him

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #555: Apr 12, 2011 05:32:21 pm
      His personality is one perfectly matched with City. Bags of potential and ability, but nothing to show in terms of teamwork.
      stooby
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 339 posts | 10 
      Reply #556: Apr 12, 2011 05:39:37 pm
      Absolutly brilliant game, watched it again today with my two boys and loved it (it was on after there bed time last night). If only we could keep up a level of performance every game and not slip up and loose silly points against so called lesser teams, where would we be.
      Its looking good for next season with our new signings (and the ONE that we let go), plus a few more new signings in the summer to have the players have to fight, like thet did last night, to keep their place in the team.
      Well done again for last night.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #557: Apr 12, 2011 05:47:36 pm
      Balotelli is a disgrace, if you watch him on the ball his team mates don't even look for the ball off him

Really?

I felt they wanted the ball but are always reluctant to give it to him :laugh:

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #558: Apr 12, 2011 05:53:05 pm
      PenguinOfTroy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 17 
      • One by one the penguins steal my sanity
      Reply #559: Apr 12, 2011 06:22:49 pm
      This is what I said before the match:

Superior tactics and inspired play will have to get us through this one. That backline (assuming Johnson and Agger are out) will only hold for so long and the midfield performance against WBA gives me little in the way of confidence without Gerrard.

If Meireles impacts the game a little more, Suarez keeps up his play and Carroll gets some chances to head one in we might have a chance. Need to score goals though. Can't hope for a clean sheet or anything close to one.

;D, I was so right and so wrong at the same time.

The superior tactics were there and the play was beyond inspired.

The biggest miss for me was may prediction of no clean sheet - and boy am I glad I was wrong on that one. The defense was superb, the back line was completely in control. Flanagan, Carragher, Skrtel, and Aurelio were all above and beyond anything I could have hoped.

I was also wrong about the midfield. They were creative, they were electric, they closed down in defense, they pushed forward in offense. Beautiful.

As for the strikers - We would be nowhere without Suarez. His imagination on the pitch is something to behold. He has very quickly become one of my favorite players to watch as an individual. You can always expect something great from him. Shame he didn't get one in the net, but make no mistake, he was invaluable to this performance.

And Carroll, he got his first goals in Liverpool red. But even more we got a glimpse of how dominant he can be, winning headers this way and that. Best of all it seems that he and Suarez are building some chemistry. The partnership looks bright for the future.

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #560: Apr 12, 2011 06:40:34 pm
      Reina - 28
      Flanagan - 18
      Carra - 33
      Srktel - 26
      Aurelio - 31
      Kuyt - 30
      Spearing - 22
      Lucas - 24
      Meireles - 28
      Suarez - 24
      Carroll - 22

That's a young starting line up with an average age of 26. Young enough starting line up.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #561: Apr 12, 2011 06:43:18 pm
      Majority of those players can still player for another 5 years at least.
      Shemy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 591 posts |
      Reply #562: Apr 12, 2011 06:43:57 pm
      were only going to get younger this summer

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #563: Apr 12, 2011 06:48:29 pm
      Only 3 players there will not be in playing in 5 years, barring some horrific injury obviously.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #564: Apr 12, 2011 06:54:00 pm
      The more and more i think about it, yesterday win has made me so proud. How often have we been able to say in the past decade that we won with 3 scousers in the first XI, neither whom were Stevie G? I am so proud for Flanno.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #565: Apr 12, 2011 06:55:54 pm
      ive seen many players rated & do well at lower levels. ive not seen many debut like flanagan. if robinson can perform like that then happy days. indeed if he is as good as some say then why hasnt he been given a chance yet? do you think we will see him this season?

Possibly, if Aurelio gets injured again and Jack regains his form after being injured.  There's quite a few young lads in the Ressies and Under 18's that could well feature this season but Kenny won't rush any of them.

Flanno playing last night was needs must but he did himself no harm with his preformance.  Kenny now knows that when called upon again he can do the job required.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,242 posts | 921 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #566: Apr 12, 2011 07:43:25 pm
      Well in Reds a great game from all, now lets apply the same principles to the games against lesser opposition next season and we will be in the champions leauge
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #567: Apr 12, 2011 09:50:43 pm
      What a f**king hammering that was!.  ;D Brilliant performance from the lads, we destroyed the big money lads and made them look like fools. Suarez was everywhere and Carroll's goals were top drawer. We harried them all over the pitch and never gave them an inch. Kuyt played really well and it seems he is gaining a new lease of life under Kenny. The Summer is going to be very exciting indeed, 2 world class wingers and we'll walk the League next year.

MOTM was young Flanagan. Taking into consideration how big a game it was on his debut he was class. Showing maturity way beyond his years, calm and composed in the face of some big name players. Absolutely brilliant debut from the kid, really happy for him.

Well done Redmen, exciting times ahead.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #568: Apr 12, 2011 10:17:28 pm
      Thanks Redmen!That was easily THE best birthday pressie I've had in ages.
                                                                                                           IKKWT.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,352 posts | 1630 
      Reply #569: Apr 12, 2011 10:19:30 pm
      At last a performance worthy of the red shirt every one of them ,we got a good blend of youngsters coming through ,with Kenny at the helm we could be in for some very exciting times in the next few years ,well done Flanno on an excellent debut ,Aurelio showed up again if only we could keep him fit would be one less position to worry about .

Gave my man of the match to kuyt he might frustrate the hell out of you with some of the chances he misses but for sheer willingness to work for his team mates and chasing a lost cause canot be faulted.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #570: Apr 12, 2011 10:24:06 pm
      Only 20 pages... we were awesome :D what more can be said?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #571: Apr 13, 2011 02:19:09 am
      What a performance. Buzzing is the right word. That's the best performance our lads have put out in a long, long time.

Took that so called super star team of millionaires and made them look like paupers.  ;D

So impressed with the movement, the chasing, tackling and goals scored. Only hurts to imagine where we'd be on the ladder if we played like that every week or atleast consisently.

Massive well done to all the lads especially Jay and Lucas in the midfield and Kuyt, Suarez and Carroll up top and a big well done to Flanagan on his very impressive debut.

Still buzzing, come on you Reds lets finish off with 6 more performances like that starting at The Emirates on Sunday.
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #572: Apr 13, 2011 10:19:47 am

I love how the players, when celebrating, include the steward as well and then realise he doesn't play for us. :D 
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #573: Apr 13, 2011 10:32:44 am

I have deleted mine now as I needed the sky plus space and know it will be getting played over and over on the LFC Channel until Sunday.

Couldn't have me daytime 'Coach Trips' failing to record could I?

:f_whistle:  :f_whistle:  ;)
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #574: Apr 13, 2011 02:54:21 pm
      This performance surely deserves a few more pages!

Quick Reply