Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Ronnie Whelan and Ray Houghton to appear on Irish S*n sponsored programme

Read 22587 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Ronnie Whelan and Ray Houghton to appear on Irish S*n sponsored programme
      Apr 13, 2011 12:06:19 pm
      New sponsor for RTE Sport Premier Soccer Saturday.

RTÉ Sport’s Premier Soccer Saturday is to be broadcast in front of a live audience for the first time on 30 April, in association with programme sponsor the Irish S*n.

Presenter Darragh Maloney will be joined by former Premier League players and Irish internationals Ray Houghton, Ronnie Whelan and Kenny Cunningham for the show, and audience members will be able to interact with the RTÉ soccer panel for discussion of all the issues.

The show will include highlights of all Saturday’s games including the London derby between Chelsea and Tottenham, as well as discussion of the Premier League title race.

Soccer fans can win tickets for the live audience event by listening to Sport At 7 on RTÉ Radio 1 (from Friday, 1 April to Wednesday, 6 April ), RTÉ 2fm’s Ballbusters this Saturday 2 April or by checking out the Irish Sun.

Premier Soccer Saturday presenter Darragh Maloney said: ‘I’m really excited about the live show and there is going to be a really great atmosphere in studio on the night.

‘As the presenter I try to ask the panel the questions that I think the viewers at home want to know but this time they’ll be the ones actually doing the asking so I think the guys are set for a real grilling.’

Both of them should resign in protest. Zero tolerance.  Liverpool Football Club has given them their status to appear as highly paid analysts and commentators. 
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2765 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Ronnie Whelan and Ray Houghton to appear on Irish S*n sponsored programme
      Reply #1: Apr 13, 2011 01:16:53 pm
      2 idiots

Tell RTE they wont be available for that airing simple as that. But these 2 wont they stink of once a red so what
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #2: Apr 13, 2011 01:24:39 pm
      Whelan is a c**t so expect him to continue his role. As for for Ray, i would be surprised as i thought he was better than that.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #3: Apr 13, 2011 01:49:02 pm
      Pair of  :tosser: :tosser:
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #4: Apr 13, 2011 04:46:26 pm
      Be disgusted in the pair of them if they continue to work for the show, if anything should hammer home to them that resigning will be the right thing to do, its the Hillsbrough anniversary given that both former players were first team players at the time of tragedy.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #5: Apr 13, 2011 05:14:52 pm
      They should make it clear they will not be available for the programme but the sad thing is they won't and even worse will probably not see what is wrong in what they are doing.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #6: Apr 13, 2011 06:10:42 pm
      Let's see if integrity has a price. One would hope that they would do the right thing but as both (it would seem) haven't a pot to piss in; I doubt they will.

Our Irish fans, if we get the chance on the night, should remind everyone what this sh*t-rag stands for. ...loud and F***ing clear.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #7: Apr 13, 2011 06:19:56 pm
      Darragh maloney lives round the corner from me a few letters in his door might change things.Or we can send some hateful emails to RTE.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #8: Apr 13, 2011 06:31:15 pm
      Letters might work. Stay polite but assertive, if you can; direct him to the "Don't buy The S*n" thread and ask him to 'put the bounce' on Houghton & Whelan.

I'm off to e-mail RTE.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #9: Apr 13, 2011 06:46:21 pm
      Will do the same meself.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #10: Apr 13, 2011 07:00:30 pm

Done: premiersoccer@rte.ie

Dear Sir/madam,

I have noted that, on the 30 April, Premier Soccer Saturday will be live (in association with The S*n).

I note two that the panel, which includes both Ronnie Whelan and Ray Houghton, will be asked questions.

I should be glad if you would ask both these members:

1: Given the continuing boycott of The S*n newspaper by the people of Liverpool: How do you reconcile your status as Liverpool 'stars' (captain in Whelan's case) with appearing on a S*n sponsored programme?

2: Are you really prepared to forego that status for a few quid?

Thanks in advance,

JFT96 - They will never walk alone.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #11: Apr 13, 2011 07:19:41 pm
      Going to give them a chance before I hang them out to dry.
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #12: Apr 13, 2011 07:34:16 pm
      Email sent.

Disgraceful act by these two, should know better.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #13: Apr 13, 2011 08:15:11 pm
      Thought these guys knew better then this. Disgusting act by former Liverpool players.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #14: Apr 13, 2011 08:27:42 pm
      Each to their own, but if they stay, don't show your faces again.

If they do stay enjoy your 30 pieces of silver, and the knowledge you will be hated, where once you were adored.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #15: Apr 13, 2011 08:36:38 pm
      Each to their own, but if they stay, don't show your faces again.

If they do stay enjoy your 30 pieces of silver, and the knowledge you will be hated, where once you were adored.

This, but if they go they get my respect...........hope they do the right thing.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2765 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #16: Apr 14, 2011 04:47:52 pm
      Done: premiersoccer@rte.ie

Dear Sir/madam,

I have noted that, on the 30 April, Premier Soccer Saturday will be live (in association with The S*n).

I note two that the panel, which includes both Ronnie Whelan and Ray Houghton, will be asked questions.

I should be glad if you would ask both these members:

1: Given the continuing boycott of The S*n newspaper by the people of Liverpool: How do you reconcile your status as Liverpool 'stars' (captain in Whelan's case) with appearing on a S*n sponsored programme?

2: Are you really prepared to forego that status for a few quid?

Thanks in advance,

JFT96 - They will never walk alone.

I sent one meself yesterday but have had no reply did you get one?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #17: Apr 14, 2011 06:18:28 pm

No reply for me either Brian.

They will probably ignore it.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #18: Apr 14, 2011 06:24:56 pm

No reply for me either Brian.

They will probably ignore it.

I'm gonna sent one off now aswell. I think one of the lads sent an email a few years back complaining about Eamon Dunphy and got a reply back.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,126 posts | 1277 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #19: Apr 14, 2011 06:28:28 pm
      Sent.
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #20: Apr 14, 2011 10:18:53 pm
      Not heard anything back from the email I sent yesterday either.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #21: Apr 15, 2011 06:22:47 am
      I'll be gutted if these guys stay on the show if they know who's sponsoring it. I will certainly not be watching it again.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #22: Apr 15, 2011 12:56:32 pm
      Disgusted with this. I wont be watching the show anymore. Pity because it was good, but there is a line none of us should ever cross.

Quick Reply