Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

FIFA 12

Read 54500 times
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Re: FIFA 12
      Reply #23: Apr 20, 2011 12:45:52 pm
      If it's progress like Fifa 11 was, I'm looking forward to it!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #24: Apr 25, 2011 08:06:54 am
      Taking everything into account, fifa 11 is a rather appauling effort from EA.

The defending is dreadful, the AI is dreadful, the movements off the ball are dreadful, the passing is dreadful, online mode is dreadful, the be a goalkeeper is actually that bad its quite funny, and as such makes be a pro and club matches funny at first, then very boring after half an hour. Ultimate Team never did interest me, and still doesn't. Nothing about the game resembles a game of football infact.

There also seems to be an unwritten rule in the game that when you get all the momentum either for or against you, in that time you can't help but score/conceed.

Not to mention the game is buggy as F**k.

Even more appauling is that it is the best footie sim about, and the reason I will end up buying the next sh*t instalment the cheeky cu*ts at EA come up with next.

I so agree.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,480 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #25: Apr 25, 2011 10:51:29 am
      Head of EA: So my game designers, what is new about our Fifa this year?

Game Designers: This year we have put a 12 on the box sir.

Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #26: Apr 27, 2011 12:25:24 pm
      I think Fifa has improved steadily every year, but since 2009 they've changed the refereeing on it.

It's getting ridiculous the decisions the refs give now, any tackle where you make the slightest contact is punished, and they seem happy to dish cards out for standing tackles etc. I don't expect Fifa 12 to get any better in that respect.
      Keldo
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 71 posts |
      Reply #27: Apr 27, 2011 11:25:39 pm
      Not into the pens on Fifa 11 - much prefer 10

Hope they sort it out on 12 ;)
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #28: Apr 28, 2011 01:44:54 pm
      Lofted through balls need changing, I hate the way defenders just stop when they are played.

For the Fifa researchers to actually research the players abilities. To have Suarez as sh*t as he is on the game is shocking. Also, Dirk Kuyt is better in the air than Carroll.

Penalties should be changed.

I'd like quick throw ins to keep the flow of the game going. Or for the throws to at least reflect were the players were stood before the cut screen. Sick of looking like I've got an advantage by getting a throw, for the screen to have gone back and all players are miraculously back in the positions they should be in.

Theirs loads more too, I reckon I could be here all day.

Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #29: Apr 28, 2011 01:51:00 pm
      FIFA 10 or 11 or 12 may not be exactly great for me but I'd rather have it over PES. Used to love that game but it's gotten so crap.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #30: Apr 29, 2011 06:03:25 pm
      FIFA 12 Details Emerge With 'Impact Engine' and More

Coming from the pages of the French Official PlayStation Magazine, the first FIFA 12 details have emerged, revealing a new 'Impact Engine', which apparently tracks contact between players more realistically, and counts "more human AI" among its new gameplay refinements.

The new AI, coupled with the Impact Engine can also keep tabs on injuries and which part of the body they're affecting. Keep getting hacked in the shins and your player will start to suffer the effects, especially as time plods on towards full time.

A new, more user-friendly interface and new arenas round out the new features, which are presented in bulletpoint form, translated from the French language version on FIFA-Fuma.com. Take a look:

• FIFA 12 introduces the 'Impact Engine' which properly tracks and formulates contact between players, including their hips, knees etc.
      • The AI will also keep track of areas of the body players have been injured during a match. Players can also become injured off the ball if abused too much, especially late in the game.
      • FIFA 12 also introduces 'AI Vision Game' (rough translation), which promises to make passing more realistic. If you try to complete a pass to a player that's not within visible range, for example, it's less likely you'll complete the pass. EA hopes this will get rid of "blind passing".
      • Personality Plus is more developed and should influence AI players' passes this time.
      • AI is said to be "more human", with each player acting more or less according to his abilities. One example given is when an AI player sees Fabregas coming towards him with the ball, he'll act more carefully.
      • OPM describes "new presentation" of matches in FIFA 12, which are said to be very much inspired by English football crowds
      • The game includes three new arenas, this time with integrated benches along the sidelines and "impressive lighting effects" according to OPM France.
      • Integration of a new short dribble with the left stick.
      • The game features a new camera that's noticeably closer to the ground.
      • There's also a new menu interface that appears to be simpler and more ergonomic than before.

FIFA 12 will likely be released in autumn 2011.
      LiverpoolCornhusker
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts | 24 
      Reply #31: Apr 29, 2011 06:13:45 pm
      AI is said to be "more human", with each player acting more or less according to his abilities. One example given is when an AI player sees Fabregas coming towards him with the ball, he'll act more carefully.

that sounds awesome

FIFA 12 also introduces 'AI Vision Game' (rough translation), which promises to make passing more realistic. If you try to complete a pass to a player that's not within visible range, for example, it's less likely you'll complete the pass. EA hopes this will get rid of "blind passing".

that sounds awesomer
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #32: Apr 29, 2011 07:12:55 pm
      Try some commentary that isn't rehashed old rubbish while you're there, Fifa 11 had Tyler and Gray talking about our 'new' American owners (Hicks and Gilett) as well as more out of date content.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #33: Apr 29, 2011 07:38:56 pm
      The one-touch passing getting fixed was about the only good thing from '10 to '11. More progress please! Also, fix the F***ing game freezes for the love of god.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #34: Apr 29, 2011 08:17:30 pm
      The smoothness of the game - it takes a couple minutes just to load up the manager mode.

Game freezes - F***ing annoying!

Keeper's reactions - when your on the sprint and just tap the circle button for a millisecond on the edge of the area with such little power on the shot and it'll still roll in to the net with the keeper no where near to saving it.

Player's runs - when they burst forward and you look to chip it over, they slow down for a second yet when you play the ball behind them to encourage them to stop, come back and stand on the ball they keep sprinting forward and the opposition reacts perfectly to it and steals the ball.

So much i hate about 11 that i hope is fixed in 12. Those new features don't interest me at all. Fix the basic gameplay and menu before adding stupid features.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #35: May 20, 2011 08:38:48 pm
      LEAKED FIFA 12 VIDEO (may be taken down soon).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6WnNDieX1w&feature=player_embedded#at=139

Hahaha, Fernando Torres used as an example of 'True Injury'.
      Shemy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 591 posts |
      Reply #36: May 21, 2011 07:47:40 am
      nothing would beat PES 6 (the one with Adriano on the cover), the last of the series before they tried with the next gen crap and failed

SpionKop88
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 11 
      • We see things they'll NEVER see!!!
      Reply #37: May 23, 2011 10:14:36 am
      Fix the f**king offsides please!!!

there is absolutley NO leniency (imo) with the offsides, even if your player is inches infront of the back line they flag it up. Yet whenever this happens in real life, play is allowed to go on because the linesmen arent robots with laser beams going off the last man in a defensive line.

Just stop using stuff from previous editions, think of something new for once in a while!
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #38: May 27, 2011 10:36:03 am
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #39: Jun 04, 2011 10:08:55 am
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #40: Jun 05, 2011 11:06:04 am
      I've head fifa have made one of the achievements on the game scoring with fernando torres
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #41: Jun 06, 2011 06:35:39 pm
      Hearing reports that Rat face is the new commentator on Fifa 12

Thank god im a PES head  :D
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #42: Jun 06, 2011 09:00:48 pm
      Just watched the E3 presentation live for FIFA 12.   HOLY sh*t!!!

It looks absolutely awesome.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #43: Jun 09, 2011 07:51:54 pm
      The smoothness of the game - it takes a couple minutes just to load up the manager mode.

Game freezes - f**king annoying!

Keeper's reactions - when your on the sprint and just tap the circle button for a millisecond on the edge of the area with such little power on the shot and it'll still roll in to the net with the keeper no where near to saving it.

Player's runs - when they burst forward and you look to chip it over, they slow down for a second yet when you play the ball behind them to encourage them to stop, come back and stand on the ball they keep sprinting forward and the opposition reacts perfectly to it and steals the ball.

So much I hate about 11 that I hope is fixed in 12. Those new features don't interest me at all. Fix the basic gameplay and menu before adding stupid features.
      It only takes mine about 15 seconds to load up manager mode.

If a premier league player struck a shot well enough from just outside the box and it was out the keeper's reach he wouldn't save it.

It is annoying when the game freezes though and the through balls arn't great I agree.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #44: Jun 10, 2011 06:31:11 pm
      Along with all the bugfixes and stuff, I wish they'd make the players F***ing MOVE OFF THE BALL. Not stand there like lemons.
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      • In King Kenny WE Trust!
      Reply #45: Aug 19, 2011 02:38:57 pm
      « Last Edit: Aug 19, 2011 02:50:24 pm by OoLiaaaaaMoO »

Quick Reply