Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Rafa and Montse Benitez' Charity Work

Read 54440 times
      Burdogcallingbat21
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 692 posts | 38 
      Rafa and Montse Benitez' Charity Work
      Apr 15, 2011 06:30:42 pm

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Very emotional today at the service. Top man, top manager with a real affinity for the club and city. YNWA
      « Last Edit: Aug 19, 2011 08:55:29 am by crouchinho »
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Re: Rafa Benitez
      Reply #1: Apr 15, 2011 06:33:11 pm
      Top man.Hope we see him back here some day !
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2: Apr 15, 2011 06:34:25 pm
      Tearful Rafa Benitez pays his respects at Hillsborough tribute as Kop calls for Kenny Dalglish to be knighted

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1377353/Rafa-Benitez-tears-Hillsborough-tribute-Kop-calls-Kenny-Dalglish-knighthood.html#ixzz1Jc8gd452

Rafa Benitez was in tears at the Hillsborough memorial as the families of the 96 Liverpool fans killed in the disaster called for Kenny Dalglish to receive a knighthood.

Former manager Benitez was among the thousands at Anfield to pay their respects to those who died 22 years ago.

Captain Steven Gerrard and the rest of the players were present, along with manager Dalglish and a host of other Liverpool legends.

Former Lord Mayor of Liverpool Steve Rotherham MP told fans at a memorial service that the families had asked him to put down an Early Day Motion requesting that the Queen confer a knighthood on the Liverpool manager.

Mr Rotherham said it was 'so that on all our behalf the King of the Kop can become Sir Kenny'. The announcement was met with cheers and a standing ovation from the Liverpool faithful and chants of 'Kenny'.

Before the service, Dalglish said that the families of the 96 supporters that died are close to obtaining the answers and justice for which they have been campaigning.

Dalglish was also Liverpool boss on that fateful day in 1989, when the tragic events unfolded at an FA Cup semi-final between the Merseysiders and Nottingham Forest.

Lord Justice Taylor ruled afterwards that South Yorkshire police, Sheffield city council and Sheffield Wednesday FC were culpable. Despite this, nobody in authority has been held accountable

An independent panel, chaired by the bishop of Liverpool James Jones, is currently examining documents relating to Hillsborough.

And Dalglish, who will attend a special memorial service said: I think it's getting closer to some positive news for the families, but it has taken a long time to get to this point as well.

'Two years ago Andy Burnham (then secretary of state for culture, media and sport) came up to the memorial service and promised that he would do the best he could to get access to some papers that were not due to be released for another three or four years and to the man's great credit he has done that.

'They have got access now to some papers that they've never had before and have now got to file through them and that's why I'm saying it's getting a bit more positive for the families.'

The dignified way Dalglish responded to the disaster in 1989 will never be forgotten by Liverpool fans. The Scot attended a large number of the funerals of supporters who died. The aftermath of the tragedy was one of the factors that contributed to him standing down in 1991.

'I don't think what happened there will ever be removed from anybody and neither should it,' said Dalglish. 'I don't think anybody should ever forget it. I suppose the people who where there are the ones who have the strongest opinion on it. There are people now passing an opinion on things but I'm sure had they been there they would have a different opinion.

'For ourselves also, it has been that long that there is a generation of our supporters now who know about it but obviously weren't there. I'm sure it is to the forefront of their minds as well.

'Everybody knows what it means to the football club and everybody knows how difficult it is for the people who lost someone there. The sooner they get the justice for themselves, the happier they will be and we all will be for them.'

neilo
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts |
      Reply #3: Apr 15, 2011 06:39:53 pm
      Love Rafa always will, showed his class again Y.N.W.A
      Burdogcallingbat21
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 692 posts | 38 
      Reply #4: Apr 15, 2011 06:44:51 pm
      had a tear in my eye watching this live Rafael
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #5: Apr 15, 2011 06:45:30 pm
      Class man,showed the respect he has for the club.A true gent hope to see you back in the dugout  in a few seasons.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #6: Apr 15, 2011 06:46:04 pm
      Can never understand people critising the man, just can't, just watched the video jaysus i love the man, I hope he manages us again in the future
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #7: Apr 15, 2011 06:48:29 pm
      Its in his blood now and once in you cant get it out its in for life. My master plan would be to give Rafa the academy and tell him to build his side for 2015 when Kenny retires.Absolutely love the Guy.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #8: Apr 15, 2011 06:51:49 pm
      True gent and legend, I have all the respect in the world for you Rafa.

You'll always be "Our Rafa"
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #9: Apr 15, 2011 06:55:04 pm
      Rafa Rafael Rafa Rafael Rafa Rafael, RAFAEL BENITEZ!!!

You gave us so many memories and I hope to see you back in the future aswel! :)
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #10: Apr 15, 2011 06:58:02 pm
      Same as mate while watching the clip, Rafa is part of the LFC family and a reunion sooner rather than later is what we all long for.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #11: Apr 15, 2011 07:00:40 pm
      The feelings mutual, Love the man. Love his wife. He's family.

He's got to come back one day, at minimum just so he can collect his Knighthood. ;D
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #12: Apr 15, 2011 07:00:42 pm
      My master plan would be to give Rafa the academy and tell him to build his side for 2015 when Kenny retires

Just said something similar myself on twitter.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #13: Apr 15, 2011 07:01:01 pm
      I've actually watched it 3 times now, love the man, I hope to God after Kenny Rafa is our next manager
      Volle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts |
      • Champions 2019/20
      Reply #14: Apr 15, 2011 07:01:15 pm
      Rafa is a true legend ! Always welcome !
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #15: Apr 15, 2011 07:03:17 pm

the moment that set me off today.

A man that truly does has LFC in his heart.
      kenny the king
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,757 posts |
      • at the end of the storm there,s a golden sky
      Reply #16: Apr 15, 2011 07:21:17 pm
      I love him so much , Always welcome ..
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #17: Apr 15, 2011 07:24:30 pm
      Just said something similar myself on twitter.

Was just gonna post that as an ITK, ah well ;D

F***ing class man Rafa. Said my bit in the other thread in the GFF, but he's a red through and through.
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,184 posts | 527 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #18: Apr 15, 2011 07:26:04 pm
      A true Liverpool legend, a true Liverpudlian through and through. So proud of my club and fellow fans today.
      Love you Rafa, and you will never walk alone.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,944 posts | 5001 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #19: Apr 15, 2011 07:42:29 pm
      Rafa, Your the man, no matter which club you'll be at, they will know when we come knockin, you'll be walking, Love ya Senor Benitez, You will Never walk Alone.

RIP 96
      yommie
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 28 posts |
      Reply #20: Apr 15, 2011 08:19:01 pm
      Never realised how much I missed him until I saw that video.absolute class act.hard not to get emotional watching that,we mean so much to him,and him to us.legend pure and simple.thanks for everything rafa,you'll never walk alone.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #21: Apr 15, 2011 08:20:55 pm
      A definite honorary Scouser. He cried during the service after his name was mentioned and everyone applauded and chants of 'Rafa Rafael Rafa Rafael Rafa Rafael Rafael Benitez' followed.

Love that man. He genuinely has LFC in his heart.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #22: Apr 15, 2011 08:26:49 pm
      What a class act.

Had a lump in my throat watching that video, I've no doubt he'll be in the dugout again. W
      What a man.

Rafa, Rafael, Rafa, Rafael, Rafa, Rafael, Rafael Benitez!!

YNWA

Quick Reply