Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Rafa and Montse Benitez' Charity Work

Read 54445 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Re: Rafa and Montse Benitez' Charity Work
      Reply #552: Sep 28, 2011 12:09:43 pm
      Isn't this the "charity work" thread? They have done some excellent work and long may it continue.

It might be, but seeing as he's an ex-manager of the club, theres no harm in pointing out what Rafa is really loved for here in Liverpool.

And they have done excellent charity work just as Rafa did some exceptional work as manager which will be appreciated in the years to come.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,461 posts | 4588 
      Reply #553: Sep 28, 2011 12:19:42 pm
      Indeed it is mate and Lord and Lady Benitez of Anfield has a fine ring to it.

Indeed it does stuey.   :gt-happyup:
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #554: Sep 28, 2011 12:38:56 pm
      It might be, but seeing as he's an ex-manager of the club, theres no harm in pointing out what Rafa is really loved for here in Liverpool.

And they have done excellent charity work just as Rafa did some exceptional work as manager which will be appreciated in the years to come.

I've never had any problem with people discussing Rafa on here, charity work, record as a manager or otherwise. All absolutely fair enough by me. It's just that when it got onto football last time, people really started losing the plot if anybody dared to say that they didn't quite share the same opinions as to how fantastic a job Rafa had done. I thought it was made kind of a rule that this thread was for "charity work" and there was another thread in "general football discussion" if anybody wanted to go into his record as Liverpool manager or any of that stuff.

Like I say, I've personally got no problem whatsoever with people saying good things or bad things about Rafa as a manager, IN THIS THREAD, I'm just checking whether or not the previous directions have been kicked into the long grass/forgotten about?   
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #555: Sep 28, 2011 12:52:19 pm

I've never had any problem with people discussing Rafa on here, charity work, record as a manager or otherwise. All absolutely fair enough by me. It's just that when it got onto football last time, people really started losing the plot if anybody dared to say that they didn't quite share the same opinions as to how fantastic a job Rafa had done. I thought it was made kind of a rule that this thread was for "charity work" and there was another thread in "general football discussion" if anybody wanted to go into his record as Liverpool manager or any of that stuff.

Like I say, I've personally got no problem whatsoever with people saying good things or bad things about Rafa as a manager, IN THIS THREAD, I'm just checking whether or not the previous directions have been kicked into the long grass/forgotten about?   

Does it really matter, anyone who has got a problem now with Rafa, is an absolute c**t in my book.

The people that wanted him out have been shown to be cu*ts - look what followed - that was their F***ing fault - all I am doing is going back over a period were we were feared by everyone in Europe 2005 - 2009 and that is Rafa's legacy, making us the most feared team in Europe.

And why are we going on about him and his missus' charity work, because the majority of us loved the ride we had been on.

F**k the wums and the cu*ts and the general discusssion, he's a former European Cup winning manager and his time at Liverpool should be remembered and in the right way - I loved the man for what he turned us into, make no mistake Real, Barca, Inter all beaten on their own turf.

MsGerrard
      Reply #556: Sep 28, 2011 12:55:58 pm
      Does it really matter, anyone who has got a problem now with Rafa, is an absolute c**t in my book.

The people that wanted him out have been shown to be cu*ts - look what followed - that was their F***ing fault - all I am doing is going back over a period were we were feared by everyone in Europe 2005 - 2009 and that is Rafa's legacy, making us the most feared team in Europe.

And why are we going on about him and his missus' charity work, because the majority of us loved the ride we had been on.

F**k the wums and the cu*ts and the general discusssion, he's a former European Cup winning manager and his time at Liverpool should be remembered and in the right way - I loved the man for what he turned us into, make no mistake Real, Barca, Inter all beaten on their own turf.

Well said Huyton Red  :clap:

And I can't wait for the 16th of October - gonna be one hellova night !!!
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #557: Sep 28, 2011 01:10:28 pm
      Maybe it would be ok for people to say that anyone that wanted Rafa to stay has been shown to be a c**t - look what happened we got a great manager in instead. Maybe we should have shown him the door 4 years earlier and got Kenny in. Then we wouldn't have had so many years winning F**k all.

F**k the Wums and crying cu*ts , we have Kenny now .... lets celebrate

No need for the abuse, I wanted Rafa out ..... I'm happy
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #558: Sep 28, 2011 01:55:40 pm
       See it's very odd. I never offered up an opinion of Rafa, I merely asked the question whether it was OK to discuss him on here again, and straight away I'm a c*** and a wind-up merchant. So presumeably we're back in one of those situations where it's OK to voice an opinion as you long as you agree with those who shout the loudest, if you don't agree with them, don't.

Even if you don't though, you're a c*** and a wind-up merchant anyway. You couldn't make it up really.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,461 posts | 4588 
      Reply #559: Sep 28, 2011 02:00:12 pm
      Mick & Saint, please give it a rest as you are attempting to destabalise another rafa thread.

Just dont post in the thread if you feel you will get called a WUM or c**t,talk about making a rod for you're own back fellas.

LFCexiled
      Reply #560: Sep 28, 2011 02:35:50 pm
      I cam in before and I could see that it would end up like this again.

Thread cleansed of the usual trouble causing arses.

If only.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #561: Sep 28, 2011 02:42:31 pm
      Mick & Saint, please give it a rest as you are attempting to destabalise another rafa thread.

Just dont post in the thread if you feel you will get called a WUM or C*NT,talk about making a rod for you're own back fellas.

I didn't post mate......... still got called a c**t though.

We are all entitled to our opinion, I try to keep quiet about mine on Rafa, and I don't go round calling people cu*ts and wum's just because they have a different opinion on him to me.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #562: Sep 28, 2011 03:23:10 pm
      I can see a Petition coming. ;D
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #563: Sep 28, 2011 03:44:22 pm
      See I merely asked the question whether it was OK to discuss him on here again, and straight away I'm a c*** and a wind-up merchant.

Where?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #564: Sep 28, 2011 06:31:44 pm
      Just been on Granada Reports talking about the Montse Benitez foundation, which they've set up to help charities across Liverpool that get no funding from the Government. How they love the city and people and want to give something back. Well in Rafa and Montse.
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #565: Oct 16, 2011 02:56:56 pm
      Off to see Rafa tonight can't wait. He is still probably bound by contract, so I'm not expecting anything to controversial. F**kin love the man!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #566: Oct 16, 2011 03:16:40 pm
      Off to see Rafa tonight can't wait. He is still probably bound by contract, so I'm not expecting anything to controversial. F**kin love the man!

Can't wait either Neil, really looking forward to it, not quite sure what to expect tbh, but I'm sure it will be an entertaining evening.

Where are you sitting? We're in the stalls, row c.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #567: Oct 16, 2011 11:51:37 pm
      Hope everyone who went to see Rafa tonight had a good time and throughly enjoyed themselves.

We need some juicy details of what happened!!! Can't wait to hear some people's thoughts on what they thought about the night overrall.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #568: Oct 17, 2011 01:18:07 am
      Great night all round...Rafa is still very much loved by the people of Liverpool, he got  a standing ovation at the end of his show tonight and talked frankly and honestly about his time as Liverpool Manager, his tactics that won us our 5th Champions League win, the problems he had trying to manage the club under Hicks and Gillette, problems with players wanting to leave - Alonso. How he brought Robbie Fowler back to Liverpool, why Robbie Keane didn't fit in at Anfield, All really good insightfull stuff, thoroughly enjoyable evening.

And he said that he definately wants to manage Liverpool again one day in the future, whether it be 5 years or even 10 years time, he's prepared to wait....unfinished business  ;)

Fab night with some boss forum mates....John Barnes was there as was Paul Tomkins.
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #569: Oct 17, 2011 01:26:15 am
      Great night all round...Rafa is still very much loved by the people of Liverpool, he got  a standing ovation at the end of his show tonight and talked frankly and honestly about his time as Liverpool Manager, his tactics that won us our 5th Champions League win, the problems he had trying to manage the club under Hicks and Gillette, problems with players wanting to leave - Alonso. How he brought Robbie Fowler back to Liverpool, why Robbie Keane didn't fit in at Anfield, All really good insightfull stuff, thoroughly enjoyable evening.

And he said that he definately wants to manage Liverpool again one day in the future, whether it be 5 years or even 10 years time, he's prepared to wait....unfinished business  ;)

Fab night with some boss forum mates....John Barnes was there as was Paul Tomkins.
      Great to hear that Cas! Would love to see Rafa back, as I'm sure most of us would (albeit with one or two obvious exceptions) when KK decides to call it a day. I so wish this night had happened a couple of weeks earlier when I was in the pool, would loved to have been there tonight. Nothing but total respect and admiration for the man.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #570: Oct 17, 2011 01:41:52 am
      Great to hear that Cas! Would love to see Rafa back, as I'm sure most of us would (albeit with one or two obvious exceptions) when KK decides to call it a day. I so wish this night had happened a couple of weeks earlier when I was in the pool, would loved to have been there tonight. Nothing but total respect and admiration for the man.

You would have thoroughly enjoyed it Dave, what a nice bloke he is, told his life story from when he first started out to becoming manager of Liverpool. Really superb evening, to be honest I can see him doing something similar in the future, it was that successful.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #571: Oct 17, 2011 07:55:44 am
      Glad you had a nice time Cas!
      LFCexiled
      Reply #572: Oct 17, 2011 09:43:25 am
      Rafa Benitez wants to manage Liverpool FC again, he tells Liverpool Empire audience

FORMER Liverpool FC boss Rafa Benitez has reiterated his desire to return to LFC one day as manager.

The Spaniard gave an interview at The Empire theatre last night reflecting on his six-year stint at Anfield.

And the 51-year-old admitted his dream of once again taking the hot-seat after Kenny Dalglish’s stewardship ends.

Benitez told a packed audience: “I was really proud to be Liverpool manager and I want to be manager in the future.

“I will wait. I don’t want headlines tomorrow, but I want to support Kenny. But in the future, if I have to wait three, five, 10 years.

“I was really pleased and happy at Liverpool and hopefully they will win a lot of trophies. But when Kenny retires . . . I’ve had two or three phone calls from China, Russia and Mexico, but for me, the priority is the Premier League.

In a intriguing two hours, Benitez revealed how:

former American owner George Gillett told him his son Foster was to make key club decisions like transfers;

former chief executive Christian Purslow was involved in “too many football decisions”;

his final tenure at Anfield would have been transformed without the ownership of Hicks and Gillett;

the famous “focused on training and coaching” press conference was prompted by the same words being emailed to him by the club’s irritated American owners.

Benitez was scathing towards the ex-owners, and recalled: “Gillett told me after the game with Tottenham, ‘Rafa, I want to back you and back you £50m, so we will go to the draft’ [American sporting term].

“At this point, I thought, ‘they [Hicks and Gillett] haven’t got a clue.’

“He said I will decide the plan. My son Foster Gillett will be in charge.”

Exemplifying how the relationship between Benitez and his bosses had broken down, he added: “They were sending emails and I was sending emails back.

“Before that press conference, I received an email that said ‘keep focusing on training and coaching my team’.

The Spaniard also paid tribute to the Liverpool fans, singling out supporter union Spirit of Shankly (SOS) for their backing of him, from the time it emerged the Americans were trying to secretly line up JĂźrgen Klinsmann to replace him.

He said: “I knew this was around and I could realise something was wrong inside.

“I could not say too much, but thanks to SOS. History will say this was a crucial time. Their [the fans] research and they were in the street and were pushing, pushing, and thanks to them and the rest we could change the situation.”

In a final swipe at Christian Purslow, with whom Benitez had a frosty relationship, he said: “The proof that the owners [Fenway Sports Group] were quite smart was the first thing they did was to move aside Christian Purslow.”

And, alluding to the club’s worsening financial state, he said: “Ian Ayre said we nearly went into administration, that was the situation we had and I could be in now.

“I couldn’t understand or see why I wasn’t getting money when we were selling players.”

Read More http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2011/10/17/rafa-benitez-wants-to-manage-liverpool-fc-again-he-tells-liverpool-empire-audience-100252-29606671/2/#ixzz1b1hQaEXo

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #573: Oct 17, 2011 09:45:56 am

Sounds like it was a great night.it makes me very envious that I could not get there and see the great man RAFA for myself.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,298 posts | 765 
      Reply #574: Oct 17, 2011 12:24:04 pm
      Glad that you had such an enjoyable evening, and whoever else who was present.

Quick Reply