Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Liverpool vs Birmingham

Read 4013 times
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Liverpool vs Birmingham
      Mar 08, 2011 01:36:31 pm
      The members sale for this game was between January 5th and April 4th and is now sold out on the official site. There isn't a date on the site to say when more tickets will be sold, and as I've only just started being able to afford tickets and trying to watch as many games as I can I wondered if anyone knew what happened next and how best to get tickets to this game.

If anyone else is trying to get to the game that knows something about dates that tickets go on sale or anything just let us no.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Re: Liverpool vs Birmingham
      Reply #1: Mar 08, 2011 03:34:23 pm
      Game sold out ages ago mate.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #2: Mar 23, 2011 03:20:28 pm
      No idea where to post this but since I'm going to this specific game, I'm gonna throw my doubts here.

A few stupid questions:

1. Is there any chance of me being seen in a bad way at the Kop for not being a local? I'm sure LFC fans are used to foreigners at Anfield, but being the Kop what is it, the most important sector of the stadium, I thought maybe it could have some kind of 'xenophobic' feeling at it. Don't know, just wondering.

2. When LFC scores, do strangers hug themselves? Would I look like a weirdo if I did so? (At the MaracanĂ£, I'll hug anything that moves after a Flamengo goal)

3. Would it be too gay if I actually cried there? Honestly think there's a big chance of this happening :D
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #3: Mar 23, 2011 04:20:52 pm
      No idea where to post this but since I'm going to this specific game, I'm gonna throw my doubts here.

A few stupid questions:

1. Is there any chance of me being seen in a bad way at the Kop for not being a local? I'm sure LFC fans are used to foreigners at Anfield, but being the Kop what is it, the most important sector of the stadium, I thought maybe it could have some kind of 'xenophobic' feeling at it. Don't know, just wondering.

2. When LFC scores, do strangers hug themselves? Would I look like a weirdo if I did so? (At the MaracanĂ£, I'll hug anything that moves after a Flamengo goal)

3. Would it be too gay if I actually cried there? Honestly think there's a big chance of this happening :D

:D
      1. Not really, I don't think you'll be the only foreinger on the Kop, I think the locals are used to foreigners and I'm pretty sure you'll be fine,
      2.Quite possibly, at the United game some guy behind me jumed over the seats onto my back when we scored  :D although I don't think he meant to.
      3.That's debatable ;)
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #4: Mar 23, 2011 05:58:13 pm
      I remember for each goal we scored against the mancs in The Kop everyone we were all grabbing onto everyone else around us and going mental :D

Although against a team like Birmingham...probs less likely to happen unless its some sort of last minute goal 4-3 thriller.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #5: Mar 23, 2011 07:20:52 pm
      :D Thanks guys. Actually only the first question was 'serious', although I wouldn't really care if you said there could be any negativity towards me. I would go anyway!

The 2nd question was just out of curiosity. ;D

And the 3rd... well, I keep thinking of it, and I'm an emotive person :P
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #6: Mar 24, 2011 01:19:43 am

A few stupid questions:

1. I highly doubt there would be any negativity. We are all reds no matter where we are born.

2. During a few important games I've literally had a group hug with about 5 or 6 people which I thought would be  impossible until Judas and Ngog scored against the mancs at Anfield last season
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #7: Mar 24, 2011 04:23:29 pm
      :D Thanks guys. Actually only the first question was 'serious', although I wouldn't really care if you said there could be any negativity towards me. I would go anyway!

The 2nd question was just out of curiosity. ;D

And the 3rd... well, I keep thinking of it, and I'm an emotive person :P
      Go with the flow mate, you'll be orite.
      « Last Edit: Mar 25, 2011 10:02:14 am by stuey »
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #8: Mar 24, 2011 05:28:31 pm
      Diego don't worry. Like Stuey says just go with the flow.

If you dance about like a madmen then thats great, your at the game enjoy it. There are plenty of people who visited Anfield who could take a leaf out your book and show a bit of excitement and emotion.

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #9: Mar 25, 2011 02:37:34 pm
      Thanks ;D Can't wait!!! I'm feeling like a little child, waiting for Christmas.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #10: Mar 25, 2011 08:10:55 pm
      Thanks ;D Can't wait!!! I'm feeling like a little child, waiting for Christmas.

Don't worry about anything Diego, you'll be absolutely fine, looking forward to meeting you before the game for a drink  :ernaehrung004:
      kopite94
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 37 posts |
      Reply #11: Apr 12, 2011 11:00:59 am
      you'll be fine lad, Ive cried on the kop many a time, Admittedly not against a team like birmingham, Just enjoy the game!
      stooby
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 339 posts | 10 
      Reply #12: Apr 13, 2011 08:09:24 pm
      Taking my boys down to Anfield for there first ever time for the birmingham game. Dont know whos the more excited, them or me. Its one of the things you look forward to when you become a dad.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #13: Apr 13, 2011 08:12:12 pm
      Nice one Stooby, hope the lads put on a great performance for your kids, how old are they? Pity they won't see Gerrard though  :(
      SL
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts |
      • The King is back!!
      Reply #14: Apr 22, 2011 09:24:41 am
      Took the kids few europa games this season and they loved every second of it.
      The look of amazement on their faces when they first set eyes on the ground that got me.

Hope you all have a good time  :kop5cf8koxp6:
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #15: Apr 22, 2011 10:17:20 am

Not at all mate, I have a few times, the Newcastle 4-3 was one  ;)

Hope you and everyone else who's going enjoys it and its all you dreamed it would be, just remember to sing and shout  ;D

Quick Reply