Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match.

Pepe Reina
      (16.8%)
      Jack Robinson
      (7.1%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (37.6%)
      Jay Spearing
      (34%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      (4.6%)

Arsenal 1-1 Liverpool: Post-match astonishment

Read 38797 times
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Re: LIVE: Arsenal v Liverpool
      Reply #506: Apr 17, 2011 06:46:18 pm
      Get in redmen!

Made up they never got the 3 points after their fans we're silent for 97 minutes. I don't want Man U to win the league this season but I don't really want to cheer for those cheats to either.

Wenger is a horrible person, terrible bad loser, so biased, he can never admit his team is to blame.
      Out of the CL - blame the ref for sending RVP off, not the fact the opposition were far superior.
      Today- blame the ref for giving the pen and for allowing an extra 90 seconds after their pen, not his players for fouling us and not playing to the whistle.

And as for our lads, fantastic work. A point well deserved in one of the hardest and statistically our worst fixtures in the season.

Carragher, Agger, Aurelio, Johnson, Kelly - All injured
      Gerrard - Injured
      Carrol - off injured

Robinson and Flanagan were outstanding. Spearing too. And Shelvey done well to win the pen when he came on.

Kuyt, cool from the spot as always - Has he ever missed one for us?

Get in Liverpool, YNWA
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #507: Apr 17, 2011 06:46:31 pm
      Spearing MOTM for me by a mile.

Never stopped running, hustling every Arsenal player in sight and didn't let them breath. Keeps going from strength to strength.

Great determined performance from the lads, especially our young uns!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #508: Apr 17, 2011 06:48:13 pm
      Excellant performance today, the future looks bright, both Flanagan and Robinson did well. Thought Lucas was outstanding best player on the pitch by a mile, Spearing was outstanding as well.

Dunno what Wenger was moaning about at the end, Arsenal peno was a dive, Liverpool should have had 2 penos before they got one for Eboue clumsy F***ing push
      PenguinOfTroy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 17 
      • One by one the penguins steal my sanity
      Reply #509: Apr 17, 2011 06:49:43 pm
      Reina is MOTM for me. I understand everyone giving it to Lucas, but Pepe put us in that position by keeping them off the board. What a game.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #510: Apr 17, 2011 06:51:22 pm
      Great team performance today,the lads showed true grit and well deserved a win,Some finish in the end,,

Kenny put Wenger in his place.

Jay motm for me today.
       Use of the word 'faggot'. Homophobic words are a no go.
      « Last Edit: Apr 17, 2011 06:52:31 pm by crouchinho, Reason: Homophobic terms aren\'t tolerated. »
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #511: Apr 17, 2011 06:55:35 pm
      Reina is MOTM for me. I understand everyone giving it to Lucas, but Pepe put us in that position by keeping them off the board. What a game.

Reina had a great game. He didn't get tested seriously and then he had to make that save against RVP. Takes a quality keeper to do that.
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #512: Apr 17, 2011 06:55:46 pm
      God, what a last few minutes!

Glad we got the pen cos we didn't deserve to lose that, everyone played well, even though we were unlucky with injuries.

Great to see all the young lads play so well, we definitely do have a bright future ahead, they were all unfazed and show they can make it in the team. Flanagan- excellent again, Robinson- brilliant job keeping Walcott quiet, Spearing- Was boss at popping up all over the place getting good tackles and clearances in, Shelvey- Good as well, still needs some match fitness.

Gotta love KK at the end there! And his post match interview gave me a laugh as per.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #513: Apr 17, 2011 06:55:58 pm
      Before I forget, well played Pepe.

After that early howler a lot of keepers would have gone into their shell but he came out and dealt with everything else brilliantly and made a world class save from Pepe.

Kept us in the game he did.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #514: Apr 17, 2011 06:58:44 pm
      Spearing was my man of the match today, the smallest man on the pitch yet he finished the match head and shoulders above everyone else, kudos to Lucas and Reina as well, Pepe made some sound saves and along with Spearing, Lucas was awesome in the middle.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #515: Apr 17, 2011 06:59:44 pm
      Before I forget, well played Pepe.

After that early howler a lot of keepers would have gone into their shell but he came out and dealt with everything else brilliantly and made a world class save from Pepe.

Kept us in the game he did.

Great point!

Also was keep to distribute early in the latter stages of the game, giving the ball to Suarez to run at the defence. Keep so that Arsenal would not have the chance to regroup so close to our goal, and close to the ball.
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #516: Apr 17, 2011 07:07:16 pm
      Well done, Red Men. You never quit on yourselves and for that I'm proud.

Lucas is my motm, but Spearing was awesome, too. Pepe was nearly flawless. Besides the Koscielny header that hit the crossbar after he missed punching it, I can't think of a single thing he did wrong.

The youngsters, Flanno & Robinson, looked mostly comfortable today & should fill all of us with hope for the future.

Feeling terrible for Carra. Glad to hear he was ok. Fabio, you know I love you, but your career at Liverpool is at an end. Thank you for everything, but you are a chronic injury.

Dirk has found some form lately. More mistakes today than Monday, but all in all a good performance. In retrospect, I sorta wish I'd gottan you for my new away jersey. :D

Last but first, my respect for Kenny knows no bounds. Sticking up for Lucas to the whinging voyeur. F**k off, Arsene. It's not our fault that your team has handed the title to the mancs. Lucas certainly baited Eboue, but make no mistake, it was Eboue who went through him and that was a penalty.

As for Fabregas... he was looking for it, too, but I really don't think it was a penalty. I say that out of doubt, not anger.

As far as I'm concerned, today was our day. A sh*t first half, but 100% grit in the second half. Well done, you Reds!
      TartanRed
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 205 posts |
      • Shankly! Shankly!
      Reply #517: Apr 17, 2011 07:08:20 pm
      Sorry folks....

The King telling Whinger to Piss Off.  :)

And Whinger not shaking the hand of The King....

Show some class Whinger.
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #518: Apr 17, 2011 07:11:30 pm
      One other thing, the F***ing hoofing the ball to Andy isn't working if no one is waiting for the layoff. We need a wider game and I for one can not for the summer to see who our wide men will be.

And, someone get Raul "Mr. Glass" Meireles a gym membership. I love the guy, but he's too fragile & wispy. One of these days he's gonna be snapped in two.

Skrtel provided a few nervy moments, but a decent performance ultimately.

Gotta say again I'm really happy with the young fellas.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #519: Apr 17, 2011 07:12:21 pm
      Im so proud of the lads, another great team performance especially from Jay, Flanno again and Robinson was excellent when he came on but MOM for me was Lucas. His reaction to winning the pen summed the lad up.

Think that Skrtel has been solid the last few games too and showing the kind of form that we all saw when he joined the club.

Wenger is such a bad sport, loved the way Kenny put him in his place  ;D

Please.....just give Kenny the contract NOW!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #520: Apr 17, 2011 07:17:28 pm
      Only caught the second half cos was out playing football myself. Spearing was outstanding in it, as was Lucas.

With what we were up against with injuries that is a fantastic point at The Emirates, where we never seem to do well.

Went for Jay MOTM, but Lucas was a very close second, then Pepe. Loved Lucas' celebrations when he won the penalty.

Get in! ;D
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,298 posts | 765 
      Reply #521: Apr 17, 2011 07:18:17 pm
      Silly me switched off the radio when Arsenal scored, what a relief to hear Kuyt had equalised!
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,849 posts | 68 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #522: Apr 17, 2011 07:20:38 pm
      The lads showed true grit today , and that is what wins titles ! great attitude and commitment hopefully by next year we can start injury free and make ourselves a team to fear again, gave Lucas my MOM, although it could have gone to any of 3 players , by the way .....Kenny and Arsewipe Wenger showed how much the club means and his players ,priceless...
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #523: Apr 17, 2011 07:22:31 pm
      Silly me switched off the radio when Arsenal scored, what a relief to hear Kuyt had equalised!
      remember istanbul ,never say die.
      el-g-toni
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 468 posts | 49 
      • el-g-toni.blogspot.com
      Reply #524: Apr 17, 2011 07:23:07 pm
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #525: Apr 17, 2011 07:35:31 pm
      maybe we should start a new thread ,laugh up the arse thread.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,868 posts | 165 
      Reply #526: Apr 17, 2011 07:41:14 pm
      Wenger really is the most ungracious classless c**t.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #527: Apr 17, 2011 07:42:13 pm
      Have to say, i really believe Kenny would have knocked two shits out of Wenger ;D great performance today. As i said before, to get a win when your captain is out injured, your vice-captain is knocked unconscious and when you have 2 kids, with barely no experience to their name, shows what teh team is made of. For me, Lucas and Reina had fantastic games. However, young Spearing gets the nod for me again. Solid, won plenty of tackles, was all over the pitch and some of his passing was great. He is my MOTM not just because of his performance today, but also the last few games. Well in lad!
      TartanRed
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 205 posts |
      • Shankly! Shankly!
      Reply #528: Apr 17, 2011 07:42:30 pm
      I love the King!

Quick Reply