Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match.

Pepe Reina
      (16.8%)
      Jack Robinson
      (7.1%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (37.6%)
      Jay Spearing
      (34%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      (4.6%)

Arsenal 1-1 Liverpool: Post-match astonishment

Read 38741 times
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Re: Arsenal 1-1 Liverpool: Post-match astonishment
      Reply #575: Apr 18, 2011 06:19:34 am
      yeah jabv - one thing i've been thinking since Meireles got here is that he doesn't get involved in the game. something I hope will change and evolve into better things. and that links up with Suarez playing on the wing, I think this comes down to not enough creativity and he is looking to do the things himself. Look at it, we had Lucas and Spearing killing it in the middle, Kuyt being Kuyt Carroll being Carroll and a hot and cold Meireles - so really Luis was a bit on his own, reminds me of a certain former situation. Another thing I am sure will change in the window.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #576: Apr 18, 2011 06:27:02 am
      Wenger has no class whatsoever, he is such a spoiled little bi*ch.
      The sight of Wenger bearing down on Kenny celebrating the penalty whose expression changed to one of disgust as he looked at the whopper and the look said everything - "act your F***ing age and take it with some dignity if you can't pretend you're a man" but seeing it was a lost cause told him to piss off.
      MaxC
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 504 posts | 15 
      Reply #577: Apr 18, 2011 06:37:40 am
      Bloody hell of a performance. If NESV don't give Kenny the job full-time on the back of such an immense performance, the owners would surely lose a lot of credibility. Since Kenny came back, the kind of optimism and fighting spirit the lads have displayed on the field is second to none and that includes Stoke. This days we have become the classy stoke with lots of fighting spirit and oozing class.
      sarbz
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 125 posts |
      Re: LIVE: Arsenal v Liverpool
      Reply #578: Apr 18, 2011 07:53:53 am
      remember the 4-4 game.

This is revenge for that.

F***ing THIS!!!!

this was my immediate reaction as well. 2 years ago they had basically nothing to play for and played out of their skins the pricks. Now the situation's essentially the same. Some of my mates tell me that I need to let that game go, I'm glad there is someone else out there that saw the redemption parallel with this game.

I can't believe there was a small part of me that was going to be ok with them beating us if it meant they could go on to win the title but only The Supreme Chokers of North London can piss away a 97th minute lead. F**k them and their pathetic lack of mental strength. They're gonna F**k up against Spurs and finish 3rd to the Rentboys as long as Ancelotti keeps Torres benched.

I would've preferred if Kenny didn't react the way he did but I don't blame him coz I would've done the same. Both soft penalties. So if theirs was one in the eyes of the ref then so was ours. Pull your head in Wenger and buy some proper hard men to hold the hands of your spineless children. Young Flanagan is two games into his Premier League career and is harder than your so called Enforcer Song
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 760 posts | 38 
      Reply #579: Apr 18, 2011 09:18:01 am
      So proud of the lad's for yesterday,they never gave up and i love that mentality.More of the same i say.

With some good additions in the summer and that type of attitude next year we wont be far off.  IKWT.
      LazyFingers
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 892 posts | 22 
      Reply #580: Apr 18, 2011 10:33:29 am
      I didn't get to see much of the game yesterday. But I just saw the foul for Arsenals penalty, is it just me or should that NOT have been awarded? If I went down like that playing football with my mates I'd get endlessly slagged for months.

Congrats to the team for pulling back to a draw, next time we'll beat them. And I really want next season to start right now!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #581: Apr 18, 2011 10:37:43 am
      We played with grit, determination and as a team yesterday.  It was fantastic watching players helping out their team mates, particularly with the youngsters.

We didn't deserve to lose and for once we made our own luck to get the penalty and take something from a game that some people gave us no hope of getting.

The added on time was in our favour for once.  Are we going to start having "Kenny time" instead of fergie time  ;D
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #582: Apr 18, 2011 10:43:15 am
      I thought both the penalty calls were right.

I don't think Fabregas dived. He turned and was caught (Let's be honest, if that happened to us, we'd be calling for a penalty as well). Lucas certainly didn't dive. Eboue knew it was a penalty. Felt Djourou on Spearing in the first half should have been a penalty regardless if Carroll was there or not.

Gutted we didn't get three points because we could have but proud and appreciate the commitment by the players. We did really well with a team that had three players below 20 - Flanagan, Robinson and Shelvey. I think Robinson and Flanagan did really well. Pace and good position sense, IMO.

Pepe Reina did really well to keep us in the game as well especially that one on one save from van Persie.

My men of the match are Spearing and Lucas. They worked tiredlessly in midfield, helping the young fullbacks.
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #583: Apr 18, 2011 11:10:37 am
      Outstanding performance again, Robinson and Flanagan could play the rest of the season which is enormous for the club and for the lads.

Bits that I loved about yesterday;

1 - Kennys face when he called for young Robinson to get ready.

2 - Obviously Wenger at the end and Kenny's "push off" as Marina put it.

3 - Kuyt's nerves of steel pen, quality.

Pretty sure the list could go on to 50 but overall fantastic commitment and effort shown by the lads, only negatives were the injuries.

Bring on the brummies.
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #584: Apr 18, 2011 11:12:53 am
      Oh and although there was 'contact' (I hate that term with a passion) I do think Fabregas dived, but then again everyone probably would at that point. Spearing hand balled it in the first half so that couldn't have been given as a penalty. Also how Wenger can actually come out on TV after having watched it back and say our's wasn't a penalty is laughable at best.

I said on facebook I wanted us to stuff Arsenal and I got a so-called Liverpool fan calling me a closet Mank. Whats going on in this world.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #585: Apr 18, 2011 11:23:46 am
      Only seen the last few mins of the match because of work. Turns out the last few were the ones with all the action :P Main point I think here though is that Carra is ok.
      HampshireRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 702 posts |
      • If I'm not back in 15 minutes.....wait longer
      Reply #586: Apr 18, 2011 11:44:06 am
      As David Coleman used to say  'Quite Remarkable!'
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #587: Apr 18, 2011 12:02:05 pm
      Team we started with

Reina (28)
      Carragher (33)
      Skrtel (26)
      Aurelio (31)
      Flanagan (18)
      Spearing (22)
      Leiva (24)
      Meireles (27)
      Kuyt (30)
      Suarez (24)
      Carroll (22)

Average age = 25.9

Team we ended up with

Reina (28)
      Flanagan (18)
      Kyrgiakos (31)
      Skrtel (26)
      Robinson (17)
      Shelvey (19)
      Spearing (22)
      Leiva (24)
      Kuyt (30)
      Meireles (27)
      Suarez (24)

Average age = 24.2
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #588: Apr 18, 2011 12:31:22 pm
      If I'm not wrong, the team Arsenal ended with had an average age of 24.6, while the team that started was 23.7.

Not much difference in age!
      Brooklyn Red
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #589: Apr 18, 2011 01:31:03 pm
      Good news.

Carragher confirms swift recovery
      Jamie Carragher has confirmed he recovered immediately after his horror collision with John Flanagan in Sunday's clash with Arsenal, and he has hailed Kenny Dalglish for uniting the squad.

Carragher required over six minutes of treatment after a clash of heads with Liverpool team-mate Flanagan at Emirates Stadium, requiring a stretcher, neck brace and oxygen as he was led from the pitch.

However, the former England defender was able to recover in time to watch the dramatic final 10 minutes, which saw Dirk Kuyt answer Robin van Persie's penalty for a 1-1 draw, and he now expects to be fine to face Birmingham on Saturday.

"To be honest I can't remember it. As soon as I came around in the dressing room I was fine again," Carragher told Liverpool's official website.

"I managed to get back out to see the final ten minutes of the game and I was just delighted to celebrate with the lads after Dirk scored to give us a deserved point."

Dalglish's league record against the top four since taking caretaker charge at Anfield now reads won three, drawn one, lost none, after Sunday's draw added to victories over Manchester United, Manchester City and Chelsea.

Dalglish has done it all without the services of £50 million man Fernando Torres, and Carragher insists the squad has become tighter since the manager's arrival.

"There has been a great togetherness. I think that's come since Kenny has come in and everyone is together now," he said. "When you have that togetherness you can achieve things. It's like the late penalty we got - you don't get that if you don't have togetherness and a spirit to not want to lose.

"You look at how young the team we had out there at the end and the way we kept going. There's a feel good factor which has been strengthened with our last two performances and we just want to keep it going now.

"We have two home games to come and we will keep going right to the end and see how many points we can get and see where it takes us."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/908814/jamie-carragher-made-swift-recovery-after-clash-of-heads?cc=5901
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #590: Apr 18, 2011 01:44:36 pm
      Man U hammered, Chelsea beaten at the bridge,city Hammered and now Arsenal held at the Emirates anyone care to mention our shhit squad of players. We have become a club again all pulling in the same direction and that hasnt happend since oooh Kenny was last manager.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #591: Apr 18, 2011 01:49:41 pm
      We can play well against the big teams but against the weak teams we're sh*t. Drop to many points against relegation battling teams.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #592: Apr 18, 2011 01:53:24 pm
      We can play well against the big teams but against the weak teams we're sh*t. Drop to many points against relegation battling teams.

That is true!

I just can't understand why and it's been a problem for many years.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #593: Apr 18, 2011 02:02:45 pm
      I wasn't confident at all before the game,  delighted with the way we fought and with the result (not usually so happy to get a draw).

I thought our young stars were outstanding and stood up well to everything that was thrown at them. Lucas was my m.o.t.m. I thought that along with Spearing he worked his socks off, tackled everything that came his way and also managed to get the two fouls that got us the equaliser.  

We again looked like a team willing to work and play for each other, and Dalglish deserves every credit for building this into the side.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #594: Apr 18, 2011 02:08:26 pm
      Great defensive performance by the lads.

Spearing is coming on leaps and bounds

Robinson and Flanagan looked good.

Now lets just get KK's contract sorted
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #595: Apr 18, 2011 04:12:55 pm
      It was a very hard working and well earned point, though the Lucas/Spearing combo in the middle did a great job nullifying the Arsenal attacking. Everyone out there put in a hard working shift and nice to see Robinson and Flanigan doing well for them-selves out there. Shame though with the injuries as it seems are falling apart coming on towards the end of the season.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #596: Apr 18, 2011 07:30:42 pm
      Man U hammered, Chelsea beaten at the bridge,city Hammered and now Arsenal held at the Emirates anyone care to mention our shhit squad of players. We have become a club again all pulling in the same direction and that hasnt happend since oooh Kenny was last manager.
      Your forgetting Rafa mate, shame on you
      PenguinOfTroy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 17 
      • One by one the penguins steal my sanity
      Reply #597: Apr 18, 2011 09:17:20 pm
      Team we started with

Reina (28)
      Carragher (33)
      Skrtel (26)
      Aurelio (31)
      Flanagan (18)
      Spearing (22)
      Leiva (24)
      Meireles (27)
      Kuyt (30)
      Suarez (24)
      Carroll (22)

Average age = 25.9

Team we ended up with

Reina (28)
      Flanagan (18)
      Kyrgiakos (31)
      Skrtel (26)
      Robinson (17)
      Shelvey (19)
      Spearing (22)
      Leiva (24)
      Kuyt (30)
      Meireles (27)
      Suarez (24)

Average age = 24.2

It's even more telling when you calculate the truncated mean (remove the highest and lowest numbers in the sequence).

Started with 26. Ended with 22.

Quick Reply