Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match.

Pepe Reina
      (16.8%)
      Jack Robinson
      (7.1%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (37.6%)
      Jay Spearing
      (34%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      (4.6%)

Arsenal 1-1 Liverpool: Post-match astonishment

Read 38768 times
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Re: Arsenal 1-1 Liverpool: Post-match astonishment
      Reply #598: Apr 18, 2011 09:19:14 pm
      @Glen Johnson
      Hahaha Arsene doesn't think it was a penalty, that's priceless!!!
      cannuckred
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts |
      • Long way from home, but still bleed Liverpool red
      Reply #599: Apr 18, 2011 09:29:00 pm
      Well its taken a day for that to sink in.....lost my voice shouting at the TV in the end, but all in all, you have to love the last 10 mins of that game, it showed a true light at the tunnels end for the team and players commitments, there were some lows in the performance but the grit and determination shown was awesome. As for the youngsters, how many have said during the dark times to give the academy guys a go, you can be sure they will give 110% even if their quality isnt quite there yet. Well i think we saw that in the performance of the young guns yesterday. Really impressed.
      oh and the Whining git called Arse.......you get what you deserve, i said at 75 mins that this would go to a penalty for the cheating gits in extra time. What they didn't expect was that comeback. Penalty? i've seen worse given, on both accounts, but thats the game.....it aint over til the ref blows for full time, and what we did yesterday is still making me smile. Great day for many many reasons. 
      Timi
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 608 posts |
      Reply #600: Apr 18, 2011 11:08:21 pm
      Really remarkable last 5 minutes to the game. I dare anyone to mention a game still in open play that owned that sheer amount of drama in just 5 closing minutes!
      As per usual Arsene Whinger and the Arsenal faithful had a lot to say about the ref, the pen, etc. etc. I'm sure the colour of Kenny Dalglish's suit must have been another mitigating factor accounting for the Arsenal win that failed to materialise. Tut tut
      I think the game proved to me at least why Arsenal have been failing to win much over the past few seasons...
      A team with character sticks to the task till the very very end. They never back down, and even when the odds are against them, throwing in the proverbial towel isn't an option. If luck is against the team, they go against luck and make things happen!
      I'm proud I just described my team, I'm sad for Arsenal that until they lose their 'it's our birthright to win things because our brand of football is so pretty' mentality, convincing themselves in the process that the worlds refs, opposing teams and managers hold clandestine meetings plotting their downfall at every turn, then they will continue to win zip, zero, nada, nothing!
      Grow some Arsenal. A good start would be to ban whining from your vocabulary and yes, that does mean your manager Arse should go!!!

Quick Reply