Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

M'baye Niang (Caen)

Read 3695 times
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      M'baye Niang (Caen)
      Jul 01, 2011 11:04:37 am

Reds linked to Niang
      Anfield outfit reported to have checked on Tottenham's interest

By Patrick Haond
      Last Updated: July 1, 2011 10:51am

Liverpool are the latest club to be linked to Caen rising star M'baye Niang and are reported to have made an initial enquiry to the French club.

Skysports.com understands that Tottenham made a bid for the 16-year-old sensation in the closing days of June after watching the striker burst onto the scene at the end of last season.

Caen chairman Jean-Francois Fortin has not received any official offer, but it has been reported in France that Liverpool have checked on the substance of Tottenham's approach.

Liverpool's principal owner, John W Henry, has made it clear that the club's priority is to invest in youth in the transfer market, which would open long-term potential and sell-on value.

Caen are thought to want to keep Niang, who scored three goals in seven matches last season, for another year and that could mean that the teenager may return to France on loan if a transfer materialises.

But Fortin is still waiting for an offer, as he told L'Equipe on Friday: "I have had no proposition.

"But if we receive one, we will study it."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_7012886,00.html
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      M'baye Niang (Caen)
      Reply #1: Jul 01, 2011 11:05:58 am
      Liverpool are the latest club to be linked to Caen rising star M'baye Niang and are reported to have made an initial enquiry to the French club.

Skysports.com understands that Tottenham made a bid for the 16-year-old sensation in the closing days of June after watching the striker burst onto the scene at the end of last season.

Caen chairman Jean-Francois Fortin has not received any official offer, but it has been reported in France that Liverpool have checked on the substance of Tottenham's approach.

Liverpool's principal owner, John W Henry, has made it clear that the club's priority is to invest in youth in the transfer market, which would open long-term potential and sell-on value.

Caen are thought to want to keep Niang, who scored three goals in seven matches last season, for another year and that could mean that the teenager may return to France on loan if a transfer materialises.

But Fortin is still waiting for an offer, as he told L'Equipe on Friday: "I have had no proposition.

"But if we receive one, we will study it."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_7012886,00.html

Course the spuds are interested  :lmao: :lmao:
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Re: M'baye Niang (Caen)
      Reply #2: Jul 01, 2011 11:07:14 am
      Already a thread open for this mate.
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #3: Jul 01, 2011 11:10:53 am
      Ye saw it just as I posted it, damn Mac_Red. Mod's shall I delete this thread or do you want to merge it.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #4: Jul 01, 2011 11:24:41 am
      Merged.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #5: Jul 01, 2011 02:19:53 pm

Liverpool and Spurs fighting for French teenager

Published 11:51 01/07/11
      By David Anderson

Liverpool are battling Tottenham for French whizzkid M'baye Niang.

Niang, 16, has scored three goals in seven games for Caen and fits in with the Reds' transfer policy of buying young talent.

Caen president Jean-Francois Fortin is prepared to consider offers for the striker, although he has yet to receive an official bid.

"As of today, I have not had a bid," he said. "But if I receive one, I will examine it."

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Liverpool-and-Tottenham-fight-for-Caen-teenager-Mbaye-Niang-article755076.html
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      M’Baye Niang (Caen)
      Reply #6: Jul 21, 2011 11:17:46 pm
      Liverpool and Spurs track French teen ace

Tottenham and Liverpool are ready to pounce for hot French prospect M’Baye Niang after a mix-up in his contract.

The teenage striker signed a deal with Caen in January, but the paperwork was wrong and the 16-year-old is free to leave.

Both Premier League clubs are trying to snap him up, as he is regarded one of the best young talents in France.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Liverpool-Tottenham-chasing-teen-striker-M-Baye-Niang-who-free-leave-Caen-following-contract-mix-up-article773986.html
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Re: M’Baye Niang (Caen)
      Reply #7: Jul 21, 2011 11:46:23 pm
      I thought this meant the 30+ year old striker at first. Mamadou (sp?)

Well if he's decent, and free, snap him up.
      LiverpoolCornhusker
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts | 24 
      Reply #8: Jul 22, 2011 12:06:48 am
      Comatorium
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 696 posts |
      Reply #9: Jul 22, 2011 12:08:26 am
      Yeah
      Well I've read only raving reviews of him. Surely, if he's as good as they say, Kenny will do everything in his power to sign this lad.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #10: Jul 22, 2011 05:13:13 am

Cheers, third thread that was started on this lad already! :D

Quick Reply