Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Aly Cissokho (Lyon)

Read 37308 times
      fowler2010
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 72 posts |
      Re: Aly Cissokho (Lyon)
      Reply #276: Jul 16, 2011 09:09:55 pm
      why would comoli say on tv that we will take stock and nothing will happen for a few weeks
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #277: Jul 16, 2011 10:10:43 pm
      See you later aggrevator xxxxx:action-smiley-065:try not to piss in the pool. ;D
      Wow, that's the last thing you want to do when the air temperature is 93 degrees, and the water temperature is 85 degrees ... At 9:00 PM ...  ;D

Anyway, back on topic ... Remi Garde (Lyon's manager) has stated tonight that one of his left-sided players (Michel Bastos and Aly Cissokho) will leave the club, but not both ...

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/breves2011/20110716_204800_l-ol-veut-garder-bastos-ou-cissokho.html
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #278: Jul 16, 2011 10:31:15 pm
      £8.7m. That's a steal for Cissokho, I'm sure.

a steal indeed, especially if he is as good as people say he is. I can't say I've watched enough of him.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #279: Jul 16, 2011 10:56:42 pm
      Tony Evans who seemed to say very close to what Comoli said prior to Comoli saying it says we are not interested, that is good enough for me. He seems to defo have inside info whether we like it or not. We are crying out for a left back
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #280: Jul 16, 2011 11:04:36 pm
      Tony Evans who seemed to say very close to what Comoli said prior to Comoli saying it says we are not interested, that is good enough for me. He seems to defo have inside info whether we like it or not. We are crying out for a left back

My dear friend, you have confused Tony Evans with Tony Barrett ... Tony Evans has been a very unreliable LFC source lately ...
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #281: Jul 16, 2011 11:11:14 pm
      Know the difference mac, it was Evans that came out with the sh*t about China. But in this window he has been accurate whether we want to believe it or not.

I want him to be wrong actually but doesn't look like he is, his comments a couple of days ago were similar to what Comoli said yesterday. He has also rubbished the rumours about Mata and Aguero and the marquee signing even though it has sickened me he is right
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #282: Jul 16, 2011 11:34:14 pm
      Know the difference mac, it was Evans that came out with the sh*t about China. But in this window he has been accurate whether we want to believe it or not.

I want him to be wrong actually but doesn't look like he is, his comments a couple of days ago were similar to what Comoli said yesterday. He has also rubbished the rumours about Mata and Aguero and the marquee signing even though it has sickened me he is right

So far in this transfer window, instead of looking for exclusivity (like in that ridiculous China ''news''), he is making some safe educated guesses ... He hasn't really revealed anything ... He is just guessing the obvious ... I don't think that he is spot on in the case of Cissokho, since the most reliable French sources ("L'Equipe" and "France Football") have already confirmed our serious interest in the player ...
      redtiptoe
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts |
      Reply #283: Jul 17, 2011 02:34:36 am
      Not sure this will happen but what i do think is Kenny wouldnt have flown half way around the world just to get the Downing signing done, he was already having   his medical while kenny was on the tour.

I think Kenny has come back to secure other signings which might take a little bit more convicing i.e enrique  or cisskho.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #284: Jul 17, 2011 02:51:53 am
      Not sure this will happen but what I do think is Kenny wouldnt have flown half way around the world just to get the Downing signing done, he was already having   his medical while kenny was on the tour.

I think Kenny has come back to secure other signings which might take a little bit more convicing I.e enrique  or cisskho.

Kenny's return has nothing to do with the club ... He is attending his daughters wedding ...
      redtiptoe
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts |
      Reply #285: Jul 17, 2011 03:09:29 am
      Kenny's return has nothing to do with the club ... He is attending his daughters wedding ...

Haha ok silly me didnt know that, i was jus presuming cause the papers had been saying he was coming back to finalise the Downing deal. Stand corrected
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #286: Jul 17, 2011 03:14:27 am
      Haha ok silly me didnt know that, I was jus presuming cause the papers had been saying he was coming back to finalise the Downing deal. Stand corrected

You might be correct, though ...

The man is so obsessed with the club, I wouldn't be surprised if he is late to the wedding, because of some important transfer negotiations ...  ;D
      rednation1199
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #287: Jul 17, 2011 04:23:22 am
      i still dont get why lyon bought him for 15mil and sell him for 8.7mil if he's that good?
      Lofti Rider
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts |
      Reply #288: Jul 17, 2011 05:43:13 am
      I still dont get why lyon bought him for 15mil and sell him for 8.7mil if he's that good?

Because he had some issues with lyon fans...may be racism bitches from Lyon fans..
      so he is desperate to leave and club manager also want to sell him cause fans don't him to stay.
      and people says that was main reason for the dip in performances of second half!
      rednation1199
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #289: Jul 17, 2011 09:26:02 am
      ok, but still, wouldnt be more sensible to put a higher price tag on him?
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,923 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #290: Jul 17, 2011 11:54:48 am

No, because the club want to part with the player, meaning they will sell him as soon as a price is met, not trying to get the most for him.
      danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Reply #291: Jul 17, 2011 11:59:49 am

Not all clubs are greedy like mid table premier league teams.

The lad doesn't want to stay.
      The club font want him.
      They feel that £9m is appropriate for his services and would allow the 2clubs to strike a deal.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,923 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #292: Jul 17, 2011 12:09:39 pm
      Chelsea, Liverpool and Juventus Warned by Lyon Boss Over Aly Cissokho and Michel Bastos
      Lyon boss Remi Garde has warned clubs interested in Aly Cissokho and Michel Bastos that he will not allow both players to leave the Stade Gerland this summer.

Liverpool have been linked with Cissokho, with talks reported to be continuing between the Anfield club and Lyon this weekend, while Juventus and Chelsea are possible destinations for in-demand Brazilian Michel Bastos.

But both Bastos and Cissokho are left sided players and Garde is reluctant to lose both.

"These are two players who occupy the left flank of my team, so one or the other party [could leave], but probably not both", said Garde, speaking after Lyon’s 3-1 friendly loss to Belgian champions Genk.

Garde’s comments are likely to intensify the chase for both Cissokho and Bastos, with each highly rated and not prohibitively priced.

Bastos has been linked with Juventus for most of the summer, but the Bianconeri have been unable to agree a fee with Lyon despite the 27-year-old wishing to move to Turin. This delay led to talk that Chelsea have now begun to hold an interest in the Brazilian and Andre Villas-Boas could rival Juventus for his services.

Cissokho endured a disappointing 2010/11 season with Lyon, but nevertheless has popped onto Liverpool’s radar as a potential signing. The Reds have appeared to be moving quickly for the 23-year-old and his departure to Anfield could cut off Bastos’ escape route. 

Insidefutbol
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #293: Jul 17, 2011 12:46:52 pm
      So one of them can leave, hopefully that is Cissokho and hopefully it isn't to anybody else other than us but i am not holding my breathe on this one.
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #294: Jul 17, 2011 02:02:33 pm
      So far in this transfer window, instead of looking for exclusivity (like in that ridiculous China ''news''), he is making some safe educated guesses ... He hasn't really revealed anything ... He is just guessing the obvious ... I don't think that he is spot on in the case of Cissokho, since the most reliable French sources ("L'Equipe" and "France Football") have already confirmed our serious interest in the player ...

Or the French papers (that said done deal last week) are reporting based on sources at Lyon who are misleading the press, trying to provoke some kind of bid for their players.  Tony Evans is better placed to know what LFC are upto than two French papers.  It may happen, but at the moment it does not look likely.
      rosscoveney
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | -4 
      Reply #295: Jul 17, 2011 02:15:36 pm
      Or the French papers (that said done deal last week) are reporting based on sources at Lyon who are misleading the press, trying to provoke some kind of bid for their players.  Tony Evans is better placed to know what LFC are upto than two French papers.  It may happen, but at the moment it does not look likely.

It's safer for a Jorno to dismiss a rumour than to confirm it.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #296: Jul 17, 2011 02:41:13 pm
      quite an interesting side-show we got going on here at LB. not sure if anyone outside the men at the club know if Insua has a future here, Aurelio could be useful as someone pointed out he tends to slot right back in to big games as though he was never out. Robinson is obviously a keeper and will probably play most of the season in the reserves.

Might be best to keep them all next year and bring Aly in, let it sort itself out....
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #297: Jul 17, 2011 02:43:09 pm
      Hopefully he'll be our next signing.

I do like Aurelio but I'd sell him or try and let him go, he just doesn't play enough games and isn't a reliable back-up.
      uncleRico
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 287 posts |
      Reply #298: Jul 17, 2011 03:05:41 pm
      I do like Aurelio but I'd sell him or try and let him go, he just doesn't play enough games and isn't a reliable back-up.

Too injury prone. Is his contract not expired this year anyway? I thought he was re-signed on a 1 year contract??
      Hopefully we make a move for Cissokho.

Quick Reply