Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Aly Cissokho (Lyon)

Read 37263 times
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Address
      Reply #46: Jun 05, 2011 01:07:12 pm
      I'd spray my man juice all over my pants if we signed him.
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Re: Aly Cissokho (Lyon)
      Reply #47: Jun 05, 2011 01:10:55 pm
      Would be very happy to get Cissokho
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #48: Jun 05, 2011 01:19:52 pm
      I'd spray my man juice all over my pants if we signed him.

As long as they're not green pants ;)

Better watch myself Crouchy will be after me!!
      Rimli
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 76 posts |
      Reply #49: Jun 05, 2011 01:21:49 pm
      This guys is a really really top left-back,I hope we sign him.100% better than Enrique,and defensive-wise,better than Coentrao in my opinion.
      luckofirish8
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 454 posts | 20 
      Reply #50: Jun 05, 2011 03:44:10 pm
      Please please please please please.

this.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #51: Jun 05, 2011 03:46:06 pm
      Please please please please please.

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #52: Jun 06, 2011 03:30:27 am

Why's he even praying?  Doesn't he know All Dogs Go To Heaven.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #53: Jun 06, 2011 03:36:34 am
      My first choice LB. Please bring him in.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #54: Jun 06, 2011 04:36:00 am
      Would be much happier with Baines but if he's at least 10% as good as this forum seems to think he is, then he's the new Nilton Santos, and I think we could do with that.
      Shemy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 591 posts |
      Reply #55: Jun 06, 2011 08:32:08 am
      granted it is FM....but everytime I raid Lyon for him in my FM games they seem to have about 3/4 LB's who can step in and do a job...before I get killed I know its a game, just found it interesting...... Neitstab, supposed he were to leave would Lyon be in bad shape with his depature, or can some of the youngsters step in his place
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #56: Jun 06, 2011 11:45:57 am
      Kolo could step in and do a job at LB but relying heavily on a 19 year old could be a problem.  With the news of Toulalan leaving (played in DM and CB positions this year) and Diakhate returning to Kyiv at the end of his loan spell (played ~25 games at CB this year), Lyon only have a total of 6 defenders and only 2 CBs:

Cris (CB), Lovren (CB/RB/LB - a more mature version of Martin Kelly, already started to establish himself as a CB but when being introduced to the team plugged gaps at RB/LB), Revelliere (RB), Gassama (backup RB), Kolo (backup LB) and of course Cissokho (LB).  They won't sell cheap, they really need a new CB/LB type of player (maybe someone like Sakho).  

Also Cris is now 34yo (can't see him playing any longer than his 2013 contract) and Revelliere is now 31 (contract also up this year, not sure if it's been renewed).  Lovren, Gassama, Kolo and Cissokho are all young with Cissokho being the oldest.  If they sell Cissokho means that they will have a total of 5 defenders plus whoever they promote from youth system.  Kolo made maybe 10 apps this year at LB, I think this coming year he will make 20 as they start to ease him in the team.  Next season will be make or break for Cissokho and they will decide whether to keep or sell IMO. I don't expect movement this summer.

edit: He will not go for a penny less than €20m unless OL are in the business of losing money.  OL are also heavily relying on the likes of Gonalans and Lovren to have good seasons because they sold their replacements and I don't think they will do the same again with the LB situation unless a big money offer comes in - if Cissokho had as good a season this year as he did the year before, I could see big money offers coming in, but he's had the worst season to date in his career.  I'd still have him here in a heartbeat, I still think he will be the world's best LB in a few seasons, but only if he keeps progressing like he started to when he first arrived.
      « Last Edit: Jun 06, 2011 03:01:49 pm by vitez »
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #57: Jun 06, 2011 12:01:55 pm
      Don't think he has done that well for Lyon thos season. Would prefer him to Enrique but don't rate him half as highly as others on here
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #58: Jun 06, 2011 06:16:44 pm
      Really rate him, and if Clarke were to have him, he'd turn into one of the world's best left backs. I don't think left-back is as needed as some other positions on the pitch for us, so I'd probably shy away from their asking price with Robinson waiting in the wings in years to come.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #59: Jun 06, 2011 07:06:13 pm
      I don't think left-back is as needed as some other positions on the pitch for us

Ummm what?
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #60: Jun 06, 2011 07:07:03 pm

I mean with top quality. I could settle for Enrique as a mainstay for a few seasons. We don't need to splash 20m on a LB. Sorry, should of been more clear.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #61: Jun 07, 2011 10:34:49 pm
      As long as they're not green pants ;)

Better watch myself Crouchy will be after me!!

Har har!!

F**k off. ;)
      Shemy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 591 posts |
      Reply #62: Jun 07, 2011 10:49:17 pm
      Kolo could step in and do a job at LB but relying heavily on a 19 year old could be a problem.  With the news of Toulalan leaving (played in DM and CB positions this year) and Diakhate returning to Kyiv at the end of his loan spell (played ~25 games at CB this year), Lyon only have a total of 6 defenders and only 2 CBs:

Cris (CB), Lovren (CB/RB/LB - a more mature version of Martin Kelly, already started to establish himself as a CB but when being introduced to the team plugged gaps at RB/LB), Revelliere (RB), Gassama (backup RB), Kolo (backup LB) and of course Cissokho (LB).  They won't sell cheap, they really need a new CB/LB type of player (maybe someone like Sakho). 

Also Cris is now 34yo (can't see him playing any longer than his 2013 contract) and Revelliere is now 31 (contract also up this year, not sure if it's been renewed).  Lovren, Gassama, Kolo and Cissokho are all young with Cissokho being the oldest.  If they sell Cissokho means that they will have a total of 5 defenders plus whoever they promote from youth system.  Kolo made maybe 10 apps this year at LB, I think this coming year he will make 20 as they start to ease him in the team.  Next season will be make or break for Cissokho and they will decide whether to keep or sell IMO. I don't expect movement this summer.

edit: He will not go for a penny less than €20m unless OL are in the business of losing money.  OL are also heavily relying on the likes of Gonalans and Lovren to have good seasons because they sold their replacements and I don't think they will do the same again with the LB situation unless a big money offer comes in - if Cissokho had as good a season this year as he did the year before, I could see big money offers coming in, but he's had the worst season to date in his career.  I'd still have him here in a heartbeat, I still think he will be the world's best LB in a few seasons, but only if he keeps progressing like he started to when he first arrived.

thanks for clearing this up
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #63: Jun 22, 2011 06:19:15 pm
      Manchester City rival Liverpool for Lyon defender ace

by Rob MacDonald
      Published Wed 22 Jun 2011

According to reports Manchester City are battling with Liverpool to sign Lyon full-back Aly Cissokho.

Sources in France claim Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini is eyeing a defender who is believed to be a long-term target.

However, it is understood that City will face competition from Premier League rivals Liverpool who are reckoned to be chasing a new left-back.

The 23-year-old Cissokho is under consideration at City as a replacement for Wayne Bridge.

http://www.click-manchester.com/sport/manchester-united/1213366-manchester-city-rival-liverpool-for-lyon-defender-ace.html

Man City in talks to sign £20million French international

Published 23:01 22/06/11
      By Alan Nixon

Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini wants Lyon’s powerful French international left back Aly Cissokho - but he will have to pay £20 million for him.

Mancini plans to improve one of his weaker positions and supremo Garry Cook has been in France on a mission to close a deal for the strong-running Cissokho.

However Lyon have slapped a massive fee on his head, based on the fact that they paid around £15 million to bring him from Portuguese giants Porto just a year ago.

City have put Cissokho on their priority list, but the Eastlands outfit are finding it hard to land their targets as prices spiral despite their attempts to keep their spending under control.

Cissokho is one of the best left backs in Europe, but he came up the hard way and has had many problems in his chequered career.

The youngster went to Portugal in a bid to make his name and was a major hit with Porto - but a move to AC Milan collapsed because of a failed medical. However he has played a full season for Lyon.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Manchester-City-in-talks-to-sign-Lyon-20million-Aly-Cissokho-article751602.html
      « Last Edit: Jun 23, 2011 01:11:09 am by Macedonian_Red »
      Burdogcallingbat21
      • Banned

• 692 posts | 38 
      Reply #64: Jul 07, 2011 11:13:36 am
      According to France Football he is on his way to LFC
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #65: Jul 07, 2011 11:18:44 am
      Well I hope so as that will be another problematic area filled, can't see City having any real interest in him now they have Clichy, I'm getting excited about the forthcoming season, in terms of squad depth and the fact we don't have european football, I'm expecting a real push for the title from Kenny & the lads.
      Lofti Rider
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts |
      Reply #66: Jul 07, 2011 11:21:44 am
      Really good news .. Cissokho suits our long term plans.... attacking football all the way ..i am lovin it
      Burdogcallingbat21
      • Banned

• 692 posts | 38 
      Reply #67: Jul 07, 2011 11:24:06 am
      Well I hope so as that will be another problematic area filled, can't see City having any real interest in him now they have Clichy, I'm getting excited about the forthcoming season, in terms of squad depth and the fact we don't have european football, I'm expecting a real push for the title from Kenny & the lads.

He's only 23 too and better value for money than Enrique. Newcastle want 15M for him apparently.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #68: Jul 07, 2011 11:25:07 am
      Can't find anything on France Football.

Quick Reply